Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: How to play with ghost hunter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:00 pm 
Vassal

Hi i am looking for some ghost hunter guild , no amater but som eprofi guild a play for him now 2 months and i want to learn some new things.Thx , and one more question , how can ghost hunter kill sagitarious whe he on pvp server , when he still use dash run away and give me hamstring.thx

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:11 pm 
Viscount

search through out icarus' posts, u'll find something good :)))

"take the REDPILL and I'll show U how deep the rabbit hole goes."

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:13 pm 
Forum Troll

icarus posted rly nice dagger guide:) search it
there is how to for all daggers

and about ur problem
pvp server=imba server so keep in mind th/necro/he/glad > all
but! try this
trick him when u know u r on his target go close to him and use blinding so his dash is just loss of time
now u r fast and u can keep up and land some backstabs
ur trick should reuse rly fast so u can spamm it

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:05 am 
Count

As everybody said.
Ask Icarus xD

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:40 am 
Elder

unstop wrote:
Hi i am looking for some ghost hunter guild , no amater but som eprofi guild a play for him now 2 months and i want to learn some new things.Thx , and one more question , how can ghost hunter kill sagitarious whe he on pvp server , when he still use dash run away and give me hamstring.thx

High rate or Low rate server?

for high rate.
GH are weak but have a high damage output compairing to other Dagger classes. as a dagger type u mostly use your blow skills and well normal attacks arent much needed so you should use dye's -str +dex. and -int +wit
because u have some magic skills. i also perfer you take a dagger with a Crt Dmg SA then haste or focus you dont need that extra attack speed or crit rate. its the Dmg you do that counts.

well if you are vs a Archer sagi... simply make him slower by using Freezing strike and use alot of trick on him to lose his target. (you will always be a little faster (higher Dex) use ultimade evasion to avoid his arrows by the time he shoots your proberly close enough to hit him back and try to bluff him he also lose his target and you can back stab him.

something els about the dye's Dagger classes dont really need the Str because your skills are based on dex and your skills is almost everything you need to use. if you -con (Dark elfs are a low con based race so lower it and you will be a glass walker and glass can break fast)

Also Hex could be coming in a help to lower his P def. i suggest you only use it when you got the time. casting takes some time away wich your opponent can run away from you. keep your enemy close.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:31 am 
Viscount

you should learn how to play with GH yourself....this is the best way...everyone has their own strategy! i have GH too...and it's very good...but u need to learn the other classes too...to know what you're up against!so my advice,make your own strategy for every class!Or if u don't want to do that..ASK ICARUS:D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:09 am 
Vassal

Varian wrote:
unstop wrote:

for high rate.
GH are weak but have a high damage output compairing to other Dagger classes. as a dagger type u mostly use your blow skills and well normal attacks arent much needed so you should use dye's -str +dex. and -int +wit
because u have some magic skills. i also perfer you take a dagger with a Crt Dmg SA then haste or focus you dont need that extra attack speed or crit rate. its the Dmg you do that counts.

well if you are vs a Archer sagi... simply make him slower by using Freezing strike and use alot of trick on him to lose his target. (you will always be a little faster (higher Dex) use ultimade evasion to avoid his arrows by the time he shoots your proberly close enough to hit him back and try to bluff him he also lose his target and you can back stab him.

something els about the dye's Dagger classes dont really need the Str because your skills are based on dex and your skills is almost everything you need to use. if you -con (Dark elfs are a low con based race so lower it and you will be a glass walker and glass can break fast)

Also Hex could be coming in a help to lower his P def. i suggest you only use it when you got the time. casting takes some time away wich your opponent can run away from you. keep your enemy close.

thx you helped me , so what do you think with dyes? only +4 dex - 4con and that all?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:29 am 
Knight

unstop wrote:
Varian wrote:
unstop wrote:

for high rate.

thx you helped me , so what do you think with dyes? only +4 dex - 4con and that all?

never -CON :D cause GH have less HP than any dagger

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:59 pm 
Elder

unstop wrote:
Varian wrote:
unstop wrote:

for high rate.

like i said there. you will be very weak. Dark elfs got low con and if you lower it more you'll end up as a mage like health and the chance that poeple stun you is higher.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:56 pm 
Duke

Okay, gh guide for pvp.

DON'T think of wearing anything else than light armor, because evasion is your secondary defence power.
I advice you to go on critical damage SA weapons. They really pack some more dmg into your skill. You can go for as haste too if you like, but like i said... I'd go for cd.

Make sure you get behind your enemy as many times as you can. Bluff and trick are your friends in these situations.

Vs nukers the things are simple. Get to him as fast as you can and don't let him run, this is top priority. If you're ganking, make sure he doesn't see you at first. When you get to him, blinding blow is the first thing you will use, because you can't risk him running from you.
If it's frontal pvp, i advise you to do blinding blow on the nearest mob or npc you can find, so that you will reduce his damage done before you get there. If you suspect he's casting a crucial curse, such as CoD or SLOW, make sure to use trick and interrupt his cast. Slow and CoD are the end of the pvp.
Note: DO NOT use hex on mages in a frontal pvp. It's a WASTE, because the mage has nice men and mdef so it will probably not land.

Vs summoners: If it's buffed combat, get the summon, you have high chances of knocking it down. If it's oly style, jump at the summoner. He will probably have less speed, so he won't outrun you.
Note: use hex as much as you can. And most important USE TRICK. If you see the summoner healing his summon, interrupt him. In a well coordinated attack, you can easily kill the summon, even in oly style.

Vs healers, well... Just kill him as quick as you can. Wear the appropriate nightmare set for the sleep and hold resistance. This WILL count very much. If you're rooted, you have one more chance due to escape shackle. If you're rooted the second time you're out of mana. Use hex before jumping on him.

Vs archers proceed the same. Here i advise you to use hex in an appropriate manner. Hex in the right opportunity. If you see he's about to run, backstab and then hex. You need some intuition for this.

Vs daggers: here things get messed up, especially if you're versus another gh. You simply need to outdamage him. MAKE DARN SURE YOU LAND HEX BEFORE JUMPING INTO COMBAT. If you try it and it doesn't land, just RUN, try it again. If he's in dash/blinding blow, or has any other speed advantage, quit hexing and jump on him. You can't afford being backstabbed.

Vs destro: spam your drain life and freezing strike, sk style. Don't jump into him unless you're sure that his hp is weakened and that you must end the pvp. If it's an oly fight, don't let him get near you. Just cap his ass on a distance, get your bow out. When his hp is around 40%, just run. You will win the oly match by elimination, for more damage dealt to the enemy.

Vs glad and tyrant, don't waste any time. Jump on him. It's your only chance. Vs a tyrant, make sure you do blinding blow if he slows you. Stick to him. Vs glad, do the same if he does sonic move. Bluff and trick are a must. You won't win the pvp without some luck.

These are some side notes. Vs other classes, just behave naturally.

Oh, and don't cut your con. I only use +5 wit -5 int and it's fine. If you DO want some extra, do +5 con -5 str but NOT MORE. Don't drop your str. You need it for landing crit skills (backstab, lethal blow, blinding blow). If you crit a skill it's pretty much game over if you stick to the target.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 pm 
Vassal

Nice info, though it all comes down to that luck factor, espacially with gh.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:29 pm 
Vassal

thx icarus :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:36 pm 
Baron

thanks for the guide Icarus. I'm sure you helped many of us.
one more question: is there any point using vicious stance?

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:57 pm 
Duke

zeller wrote:

it adds damage to ur criticals, but when u pvp u almost only use blows, so VS will be another thing eating ur mana. Imo, use it for lvling or for 1v1 fights, in mass pvp ur run out of mana in 2 seconds

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:05 pm 
Duke

zeller wrote:

Yes, vicious stance adds some nice damage. ~+400 dmg on buffed robe. It's a big factor. I always use it in pvp. In mass pvp, you might want to be more conservative, so activate it for 2-3 seconds to make the kill and deactivate. It takes quite some mana per tick.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next