Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2-OFF]Lineage 3 launch announced 2022
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:59 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
new game mechanics released on utube
update to come but what i got from the short vid i saw if u align as an archer your shooting vector to the direction of wind u have chance to shoot extra arrow

sweet sweet korean RNG <3

Isn't that actually a skill mechanic? Like you gotta watch the wind direction (which I suppose there will be a way of knowing) and then you pow pow extra hit, making the noob P2W kiddo on the other side cry and regret maxing out his credit card instead of getting gut.

Not going to lie, that sounds pretty exciting, looking forward for more info

I think its more of an environmental and skill mechanic. Wind would be nice or even thunderstorms. Real weather.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:39 pm 
Duke

inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
update to come but what i got from the short vid i saw if u align as an archer your shooting vector to the direction of wind u have chance to shoot extra arrow

Isn't that actually a skill mechanic? Like you gotta watch the wind direction (which I suppose there will be a way of knowing) and then you pow pow extra hit, making the noob P2W kiddo on the other side cry and regret maxing out his credit card instead of getting gut.

I think its more of an environmental and skill mechanic. Wind would be nice or even thunderstorms. Real weather.

Oh man, some serious storm with heavy rain (like thunder blasting over music and skill sounds) would've been freaking awesome. Didn't see any implications of such harsh conditions in the available teasers though. We'll see I guess

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:05 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

Oh man, some serious storm with heavy rain (like thunder blasting over music and skill sounds) would've been freaking awesome. Didn't see any implications of such harsh conditions in the available teasers though. We'll see I guess

Ya true. Just imagine having a raid or castle siege during a severe storm. Snow to make you walk or run slower.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:43 pm 
Forum Troll

Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

it is a core game mechanic that as revealed in their Directors presentation video heavily ties environmental state with ALL game features

to address a few points:
yes weather will affect all elements and will change the world itself
to give few examples if u know about underground to the castle in l2 this kind of passage during rainsy season will be flooded and will not be accessible at all
lightning skills during stormy/rainy weather will deal extra aoe damage, while in clear weather more single target damage
stormy weather will affect archers "aim speed" (i suppose actual game stat will be attack speed) and accuracy rate

day/night cycle as well will cause variety of consequences

so this means you will not grind a single farm spot just like in l2 but straight the opposite - the whole server will have to migrate through zones when seasons/weather dramatically changes to maximize fighting ability in pve and pvp

what was mentioned in the presentation and was interesting - if you siege a castle in rainy stormy day enemy archers will have harder time to kill you from the walls

simply amazing!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:08 pm 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

it is a core game mechanic that as revealed in their Directors presentation video heavily ties environmental state with ALL game features

to address a few points:
yes weather will affect all elements and will change the world itself
to give few examples if u know about underground to the castle in l2 this kind of passage during rainsy season will be flooded and will not be accessible at all
lightning skills during stormy/rainy weather will deal extra aoe damage, while in clear weather more single target damage
stormy weather will affect archers "aim speed" (i suppose actual game stat will be attack speed) and accuracy rate

day/night cycle as well will cause variety of consequences

so this means you will not grind a single farm spot just like in l2 but straight the opposite - the whole server will have to migrate through zones when seasons/weather dramatically changes to maximize fighting ability in pve and pvp

what was mentioned in the presentation and was interesting - if you siege a castle in rainy stormy day enemy archers will have harder time to kill you from the walls

simply amazing!

That sounds incredible. Do you have a link to a video of some of the game mechanics? And obviously this means requiring better hardware on the users end.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:01 am 
Forum Troll

my wild guess based on the projects ncosft undertake and partnerships they make
the game will be optimized pretty well for max medium scale battles for consoles, they signed to develop alot of mmos that will run on consoles so they will be obliged to hit the sweet spot there
about large scale battles i dunno tbh, usually console MMOs dont let you zoom out too much hence cap the field of view and max range of view
i expect alot of rubberbanding in mass pvp and connection quality of the end-user will be of big importance
they mentioned in their korean blog worldwide launch so i suppose they will have synchronization troubles server-side

for pc, oh yeh man you will definitely need a good rig with all those particle and shine effects on skill animations, jeesh it looks a bit over the top now

useful links:
analysis of a youtube geek who has a channel about TL news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp_txlYfl7w&t=23s
it is based on bits of the directors introduction vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9BfKJ9g4g&t=1s
the cheeky dude after 4th min explains the weather mechanics

i LOIKE what i hear

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:48 am 
Elder

Thanks GoDs3nD for the info.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:50 pm 
Forum Troll

inkblot wrote:

ez katka
you are welcome

im so gona take a couple of weeks off from work when it launches :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:39 pm 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:

ez katka
you are welcome

im so gona take a couple of weeks off from work when it launches :mrgreen:

I don't blame you. I am glad I am retired. Just hope my hardware is up to it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:04 pm 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:

That sounds really epic, I always thought when I played L2 that it would be cool if the nukes would be more interactive with the terrain conditions (like sorcs doing more damage in FoG or in BS while SPS doing more damage in some humid areas), so this concept actually being brought to life is what makes me more excited in the TaL as a kind of 'successor' to the L2 even though they hesitate about bringing in more L2-ish fanservice like the Bow of Peril or Dama sword.

About the aim speed, couldn't it be literally the aim speed, meaning the time it takes for the cursor to like focus on target (like lets say aiming at World of Tanks? Or are the archers going to be straight forward target and F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 like in L2?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:58 pm 
Forum Troll

they said it will be both action combat and tap target system so we will have to wait a bit more on that

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:28 pm 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
they said it will be both action combat and tap target system so we will have to wait a bit more on that

Nothing really indicates that it's going to be action combat at all. Every bit of gameplay we see is people just standing still with locked target and attacking them. Which means it's going to be tab targetting game, maybe it will have action camera? But we will have to see. Which honestly makes sense, this type of combat is superior for mass PvP. Action combat is terrible for any kind of higher number fights.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:00 am 
Duke

Trustmebro wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

Nothing really indicates that it's going to be action combat at all. Every bit of gameplay we see is people just standing still with locked target and attacking them. Which means it's going to be tab targetting game, maybe it will have action camera? But we will have to see. Which honestly makes sense, this type of combat is superior for mass PvP. Action combat is terrible for any kind of higher number fights.

Yeah, I guess mass PvP without target lock could be a bit problematic. Though Im still keeping fingers crossed they add all possible skill mechanics to make it less "smash all buttons at once to win"

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:19 am 
Forum Troll

Herlitz wrote:
Trustmebro wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

Yeah, I guess mass PvP without target lock could be a bit problematic. Though Im still keeping fingers crossed they add all possible skill mechanics to make it less "smash all buttons at once to win"

their korean blog articles indicate it....
anywayz

herlitz i noticed they remade the dark screamer from l2 and it looks even better, like a cutthroats big ole knife

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:40 am 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Trustmebro wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

their korean blog articles indicate it....
anywayz

herlitz i noticed they remade the dark screamer from l2 and it looks even better, like a cutthroats big ole knife

Epic, glad to hear they are not done yet with L2 weps. Link me to source or send a picture plz

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next