Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - Interlude] L2iPlay.com x1 Interlude 11.11.2022
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:21 am 
Vassal

inkblot wrote:
So you are getting screwed by the Russians?

I have seen some of their pricing of their software. Its almost unreasonable.

But anyway. Congratulations on purchasing the software and I wish you luck with running and staying open.

But I stand by %85 of what I said.

Correct me if I am wrong. All the Russian sites that are selling the software are not really selling it. They are renting it. So you have to pay on a yearly basis. Then factor in the server costs. How do you expect to break even if you do not get enough donations?

Thanks for your wishes, I wish you also luck!
The paying is not a problem, we are paying from our wallets, Also the good news is that many new people joining on server and that is great day by day we grow.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:26 am 
Elder

Sole wrote:
inkblot wrote:

But anyway. Congratulations on purchasing the software and I wish you luck with running and staying open.

Correct me if I am wrong. All the Russian sites that are selling the software are not really selling it. They are renting it. So you have to pay on a yearly basis. Then factor in the server costs. How do you expect to break even if you do not get enough donations?

The paying is not a problem, we are paying from our wallets, Also the good news is that many new people joining on server and that is great day by day we grow.

Wow. I am impressed. So this is more a For The Love of The Game type server. I may want to visit and run some tests.

At least your not running it from the pc in your moms basement and a server package from MaxCheaters :D .

See guys I can be civil.

@sevensins you did not tell me that I was your first post? I am honoured. I can tell you that living in your head rent free is an enjoyable experience. All kidding aside.

A negative review can be just as informative to the topic as a positive one. But thanx for sticking up for Sole.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:07 pm 
Vassal

inkblot wrote:
Sole wrote:
inkblot wrote:

Wow. I am impressed. So this is more a For The Love of The Game type server. I may want to visit and run some tests.

At least your not running it from the pc in your moms basement and a server package from MaxCheaters :D .

See guys I can be civil.

@sevensins you did not tell me that I was your first post? I am honoured. I can tell you that living in your head rent free is an enjoyable experience. All kidding aside.

A negative review can be just as informative to the topic as a positive one. But thanx for sticking up for Sole.

Your welcome :)

bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:06 pm 
Vassal

Bump

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 pm 
Vassal

Bump

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:23 pm 
Vassal

Streaming now https://www.twitch.tv/spartan_l2

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:24 am 
Vagabond

What makes me not want to play on that server is the extreme low rate of 1x, the fact that it uses an old Interlude client with the horrible interface (chat window, friendlist, inventory, menus, shortcuts, quest manager, etc...) instead of using a modern Interlude client and the fact that people can donate for buff scrolls which is the same as pay to win because it gives donators advantage. Donations/VIP/Premium should be for cosmetic items only and not for items that give players advantage (items/buffs/xp or sp boosts/etc).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:08 pm 
Vassal

Mp5 wrote:
What makes me not want to play on that server is the extreme low rate of 1x, the fact that it uses an old Interlude client with the horrible interface (chat window, friendlist, inventory, menus, shortcuts, quest manager, etc...) instead of using a modern Interlude client and the fact that people can donate for buff scrolls which is the same as pay to win because it gives donators advantage. Donations/VIP/Premium should be for cosmetic items only and not for items that give players advantage (items/buffs/xp or sp boosts/etc).

Hello , you have the option to take L2Days Buffs scrolls from Vote Shop also via Voting our server.
Also you can get VIP from vote shop also .
There no option's only for donation people .
Everything you can find it via vote or with referral also.
Server rates are x1 and this won't change. x1 box also.
if you have 2 pc's you can log 2 char's but only if you have second PC.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:53 pm 
Forum Troll

i have 3 pcs and 1 low-end machine hanging in the corner
i will certainly shell out a few bucks to buy in this totally no p2w server some buff scrolls and vip for all my chars and just legally play my own destro cp :D
correction, i will vote for one of my chars so i save some euroadenski from donate

sounds promising and amazing indeed

to low rate server players reading this in future:if u see a "hardcore" sell buff scrolls and give them out for vote "cuz we aint p2w" just do something more productive, dont waste your time
wondering why? well try it out and see for yourself

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:11 am 
Vagabond

Sole wrote:
Mp5 wrote:

Hello , you have the option to take L2Days Buffs scrolls from Vote Shop also via Voting our server.
Also you can get VIP from vote shop also .
There no option's only for donation people .
Everything you can find it via vote or with referral also.
Server rates are x1 and this won't change. x1 box also.
if you have 2 pc's you can log 2 char's but only if you have second PC.

And what about the interface? Why use such an old outdated interface when you have modern Interlude interfaces? Take Etina Interlude client for example it has a very clean smooth interface with all the modern features like fully customizable chat window, upgraded friendlist and quest manager, etc... You can even see the levels of the people on your party and check if RBs under 50 are alive or not, etc. Not to mention the custom advanced item search they implemented, that was the most usefull thing ever implemented on a private L2 server. I left Etina because admin ruined the server but i am sad that all the new Interlude servers that are opening dont take the Etina Interlude client as an example and still keep using those old outdated interlude clients. I tried playing on IPlay but the moment i saw that old interface i got out. I play on a very high resolution and i cant even read the chat window because it doesnt let me change the chat size horizontally only vertically and it doesnt let me change the size of the letters. If you upgrade to a modern interlude client like the one Etina uses i might go try it again. You would also get a lot more players with a modern interface.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:17 pm 
Vassal

bump

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:30 am 
Vassal

Server boxes Updated 1+1

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:56 pm 
Vassal

inkblot wrote:
the l2 community now consists of 3 types of players:
1) onanist
2) chill people
3) people who after 15 years still dont know how to play

This is kinda true. It's mostly determined by experience and not by time spend playing. Noobs that play 24/7 are common. Pros that log for 2hrs every other day are also common in top CPs. Everyone is smurfing anyway so they come to help with valakas/anthy/oly etc. In my last CP I had a lot of type 2 players and still managed to be among top CPs.

inkblot wrote:
I will give you a clue as to your demise...

Again kinda true. You have to decide what kind of community you want to cater to. You can focus on casuals (increase rate, strict no-box, fixed epics, delay sieges/oly) or focus on experienced players (no box restrictions, oly in first 30/40 days).

Sole wrote:
L2iPlay.com Interlude Project x1 L2OFF Platform - Grand Opening 11 November 2022

I'd say best option is to find middle ground. Allow enough freedom to let top CPs their contest for epics and olympiad but keep it interesting for casuals too. Tops CPs will leave anyway, but if you have healthy pop they can stay up to 4-5 months. This usually means something like 1+1 box, fixed epics, first heroes after 60 days, delayed sieges maybe even delayed epics. Not sure if server can survive after 4 months when even casuals reach endgame and start leaving. You need to have good reputation to stabilize pop when you have casual players constantly leaving and joining. Competing players will rarely if ever join established server so server will be exclusively for casual players.

Setting extremely low rates will not extend server lifetime that much. Farming mos/fog makes even x1-x2 rates feel like x5-x10. This will only increase the level divide between organized groups and casual solo/duo players. It just makes the game more grindy for everyone.

VIP +50% XP boost is needlessly OP and makes you look bit cash-grabby. If the price is reasonable people will pay it even if its 10-15% boost. If you add weight limit and some other quality of life boosts and it's a no-brainer.

Some drama is inevitable. L2 community *lives* for drama.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:59 am 
Vassal

crossto wrote:
inkblot wrote:
the l2 community now consists of 3 types of players:
1) onanist
2) chill people
3) people who after 15 years still dont know how to play

This is kinda true. It's mostly determined by experience and not by time spend playing. Noobs that play 24/7 are common. Pros that log for 2hrs every other day are also common in top CPs. Everyone is smurfing anyway so they come to help with valakas/anthy/oly etc. In my last CP I had a lot of type 2 players and still managed to be among top CPs.

inkblot wrote:
I will give you a clue as to your demise...

Again kinda true. You have to decide what kind of community you want to cater to. You can focus on casuals (increase rate, strict no-box, fixed epics, delay sieges/oly) or focus on experienced players (no box restrictions, oly in first 30/40 days).

Sole wrote:
L2iPlay.com Interlude Project x1 L2OFF Platform - Grand Opening 11 November 2022

I'd say best option is to find middle ground. Allow enough freedom to let top CPs their contest for epics and olympiad but keep it interesting for casuals too. Tops CPs will leave anyway, but if you have healthy pop they can stay up to 4-5 months. This usually means something like 1+1 box, fixed epics, first heroes after 60 days, delayed sieges maybe even delayed epics. Not sure if server can survive after 4 months when even casuals reach endgame and start leaving. You need to have good reputation to stabilize pop when you have casual players constantly leaving and joining. Competing players will rarely if ever join established server so server will be exclusively for casual players.

Setting extremely low rates will not extend server lifetime that much. Farming mos/fog makes even x1-x2 rates feel like x5-x10. This will only increase the level divide between organized groups and casual solo/duo players. It just makes the game more grindy for everyone.

VIP +50% XP boost is needlessly OP and makes you look bit cash-grabby. If the price is reasonable people will pay it even if its 10-15% boost. If you add weight limit and some other quality of life boosts and it's a no-brainer.

Some drama is inevitable. L2 community *lives* for drama.

Thanks for your ideas, we add to the project 1+1 boxes limit so everyone can add 2 Players ingame.
About vip you can take it via vote also, its not a OP everyone can get it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:29 pm 
Vassal

Bump!
Server Growing
1+1 box updated.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next