Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - Interlude] L2iPlay.com x1 Interlude 11.11.2022
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:05 pm 
Vassal

xAnathemAx wrote:
Another solo grinder with different name and wrapped in big words.
Just no.

It's a server retail like x1, this is our first promising project with promising staff. We dont have something to hide, its officialy that you cant trust us because of this situation of Lineage2 but we are here to stay.
We wont close it, every update will be announce at discord group and ingame of course.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:21 pm 
Vassal

Up

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:36 pm 
Elder

Sole wrote:
Up

Down :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
Athens wrote:
Sole wrote:
up[/quote

i told you no1 gona play at yr server, i create 1 char and i can not see any other player

yr server files is good, only you have to change is .....take off active anticheat(bot protect) and set up 3-4 acc per pc...thats all thnks and gl.

How would removal of bot protection actually help though? :?

Even on retail I could level my healer with my Main. You cannot always get a party. Time zone difference. Don't speak the same language etc.

And if you allow 2 players per ip. Who are you hurting?

What if my wife decides to play? Same ip. You going to hassle both with pop ups asking us to type some special word etc for bot checking?

I say that you should try allowing a certain number per ip and tighten it up as the server community grows. IN the beginning a lot of people will be alone. Some prefer to play alone. Less drama. Less waiting around for the other guys to get ready etc.

You will never ever get rid of professional botters. So why punish the regular guy who is levelling up his buffer? Think of the second box as a pet.

Plus its Interlude. I mean you have some fixes that have not made it to H5 yet and they are nice for sure. But the extra mobs, gear etc in H5 make it more interesting.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:03 pm 
Duke

About the IP I agree, while I understand the notion to make people party instead of dualboxing with another laptop, I think it causes more harm than good for the reasons you described.

About the bot preventing I'm not sure :D I mean I'm not exactly a pro botter but I imagine the anti-bot does provide at least some level of protection against perhaps "lower level" botters who may not have as much experience with bypassing these systems. Occasional pop up window seems to be a small price to pay to get rid of at least some bots, imo.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:38 pm 
Vassal

inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Athens wrote:
Sole wrote:
up[/quote

i told you no1 gona play at yr server, i create 1 char and i can not see any other player

yr server files is good, only you have to change is .....take off active anticheat(bot protect) and set up 3-4 acc per pc...thats all thnks and gl.

Even on retail I could level my healer with my Main. You cannot always get a party. Time zone difference. Don't speak the same language etc.

What if my wife decides to play? Same ip. You going to hassle both with pop ups asking us to type some special word etc for bot checking?

I say that you should try allowing a certain number per ip and tighten it up as the server community grows. IN the beginning a lot of people will be alone. Some prefer to play alone. Less drama. Less waiting around for the other guys to get ready etc.

You will never ever get rid of professional botters. So why punish the regular guy who is levelling up his buffer? Think of the second box as a pet.

Plus its Interlude. I mean you have some fixes that have not made it to H5 yet and they are nice for sure. But the extra mobs, gear etc in H5 make it more interesting.

If you have 2 PC of course you can log with each other ingame , but you can't log with 2 char's from the same pc .I'm sorry if we make it more hardcore but we want it with that way, there are people who like this kind of hardcore server's .
That's the L2iPlay x1 :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:52 pm 
Elder

Sole wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Athens wrote:
Sole wrote:
up[/quote

If you have 2 PC of course you can log with each other ingame , but you can't log with 2 char's from the same pc .I'm sorry if we make it more hardcore but we want it with that way, there are people who like this kind of hardcore server's .

I have played retail and the pay to grind model was not fun. Doing it for free sucks as well. x2 or x3 would be better.

Don't get me wrong. You can set whatever rules you like. Just be aware that some of the rules you make will cost you in the end. And I can run 3 or 4 VMs on the same machine and show different Hwids and you would not have a clue. Thats why I said that you cannot stop the hard core botters.

So

1. Interlude.
2. Draconian rules about boxing.
3. 1x
4. Java bugs and all
5. No new content

See ya later. Wish ya luck. I bet if I come back in a year this thread will be dead, and so may the server.

Low rate only works well if you have 300 - 500 active users at any given time. Along with a fresh and steady influx of new users. L2 Java just cannot support that many players. L2 is dying even the cool servers with no endgame are seeing a major reduction in Active Players. There is no way around it. And Java never ever plays the same as Retail. Or the market will become so toxic because most players get greedy as shit and screw the economy.

Search for L2 Equanimity. That was a first rate server with features no one else had. Where is it now? Where will you be?

I will give you a clue as to your demise. This is what will happen. Since you opened and got some users. You will find as they level your new user count will slowly go down.

It will become worse as the level difference gets larger. And as new players join they will see empty starting areas. They will be alone. And L2 is not a game you want to play alone.

As the majority of your population starts hitting max level, because you are not NCsoft. You wont have anything to add to the server. Like new areas, new mobs new weapons. The older player base will get bored. After a while you will have newbs that dont want to grind alone and older players who are bored because of content. Your server will DIE. A slow and horrible death no matter what you do.

This is how your adventure ends. Enjoy the ride.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:18 am 
Vassal

inkblot wrote:
Sole wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Athens wrote:
Sole wrote:
up[/quote

I have played retail and the pay to grind model was not fun. Doing it for free sucks as well. x2 or x3 would be better.

Don't get me wrong. You can set whatever rules you like. Just be aware that some of the rules you make will cost you in the end. And I can run 3 or 4 VMs on the same machine and show different Hwids and you would not have a clue. Thats why I said that you cannot stop the hard core botters.

So

1. Interlude.
2. Draconian rules about boxing.
3. 1x
4. Java bugs and all
5. No new content

See ya later. Wish ya luck. I bet if I come back in a year this thread will be dead, and so may the server.

Low rate only works well if you have 300 - 500 active users at any given time. Along with a fresh and steady influx of new users. L2 Java just cannot support that many players. L2 is dying even the cool servers with no endgame are seeing a major reduction in Active Players. There is no way around it. And Java never ever plays the same as Retail. Or the market will become so toxic because most players get greedy as shit and screw the economy.

Search for L2 Equanimity. That was a first rate server with features no one else had. Where is it now? Where will you be?

I will give you a clue as to your demise. This is what will happen. Since you opened and got some users. You will find as they level your new user count will slowly go down.

It will become worse as the level difference gets larger. And as new players join they will see empty starting areas. They will be alone. And L2 is not a game you want to play alone.

As the majority of your population starts hitting max level, because you are not NCsoft. You wont have anything to add to the server. Like new areas, new mobs new weapons. The older player base will get bored. After a while you will have newbs that dont want to grind alone and older players who are bored because of content. Your server will DIE. A slow and horrible death no matter what you do.

This is how your adventure ends. Enjoy the ride.

Hello, i like to see people reply and comments with their ideas , we are new project and we will try for L2iPlay the best we can .
We will try not to let him die and be a long-term project .
We are new and people maybe dont trust us , but we are here to show everyone that we are a trusted team and our promises will be correct.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:42 am 
Elder

You are doomed from the get go regardless of how many ideas you get. Especially if you use a java server.

You cannot add new content. You have no endgame. And newbs will be left all alone once you get started. And higher level players will get bored quickly once they reach max. And to top it off you have to deal with a toxic player base.

Trust has nothing to do with this. Your intentions have nothing to do with this.

It is the platform itself and the players that are the problem.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:11 pm 
Forum Troll

inkblot wrote:
You are doomed from the get go regardless of how many ideas you get. Especially if you use a java server.

You cannot add new content. You have no endgame. And newbs will be left all alone once you get started. And higher level players will get bored quickly once they reach max. And to top it off you have to deal with a toxic player base.

Trust has nothing to do with this. Your intentions have nothing to do with this.

realistic to too big extent to disagree
the l2 community now consists of 3 types of players:
1) onanist tryhards who have been doing this shit for 15+ years and its the only thing that gives them some sense of superiority and fulfilledness, mostly russkis
these guys speedrun servers, "assert dominance" cuz they piss in bottles infront of their pc and drink red bulls isntead of water, fight between eachother for items, cry there is no competition and leave. so these meta gamers cannot be your core target group lol - they are like hysteric spoiled kids who want attention and adoration
2) chill people with jobs and responsibility who cannot invest time as if they were 14 again and a hardcore server is bullshit waste of time for them now (incl myself)
3) people who after 15 years still dont know how to play, they are permanently broke and dunno how to search for guides on pmfun, they usually use JAJAJAJAAJ or XAOXAOXOAX
the last group has no idea what they are doing in l2 and usually dont speak any english so they are kinda nebulous for me

so this project will recycle outdated content, use files that virtually everyone on the net has, is the administration's first attempt to launch a server, suitable for:
people with plenty of free time
people who have no idea what they doin here

will i spend 2-3 months of my time until administration changes their mind and goes like "shit sorry guys, population is too low we dont see people playing it so we shut down"?

no.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:19 pm 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:

realistic to too big extent to disagree
the l2 community now consists of 3 types of players:
1) onanist tryhards who have been doing this shit for 15+ years and its the only thing that gives them some sense of superiority and fulfilledness, mostly russkis
these guys speedrun servers, "assert dominance" cuz they piss in bottles infront of their pc and drink red bulls isntead of water, fight between eachother for items, cry there is no competition and leave. so these meta gamers cannot be your core target group lol - they are like hysteric spoiled kids who want attention and adoration
2) chill people with jobs and responsibility who cannot invest time as if they were 14 again and a hardcore server is bullshit waste of time for them now (incl myself)
3) people who after 15 years still dont know how to play, they are permanently broke and dunno how to search for guides on pmfun, they usually use JAJAJAJAAJ or XAOXAOXOAX
the last group has no idea what they are doing in l2 and usually dont speak any english so they are kinda nebulous for me

so this project will recycle outdated content, use files that virtually everyone on the net has, is the administration's first attempt to launch a server, suitable for:
people with plenty of free time
people who have no idea what they doin here

will i spend 2-3 months of my time until administration changes their mind and goes like "shit sorry guys, population is too low we dont see people playing it so we shut down"?

no.

%100.

That ladies and gents covers the toxic user base. Lets have someone cover Java limitations and bugs still not fixed since interlude.

There is a toxic environment between programmers as well. I noticed this when I Beta tested and reported on bugs. You think the players are toxic? Shit, programmers with egos bigger than god and constant infighting do not help either.

There are or were some really nice projects that have died because of egos in that field.

Also next would be the people who run servers not knowing what they are doing. Or using stolen code etc.

The whole field is toxic now.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:08 pm 
Vagabond

I have seen many negative comments and many so-called "suggestions" from people who even I don't think they play this type of server!
it's easy to denigrate someone's work, instead of appreciating it, and to help with a kind word, maybe with a presence on this server!I understand that you don't like this server because there are rules, there is protection against cheating ... and this seems to bother you to the core of your bones !I don't think that this server asked you for money or other things that would offend you in such a way that you would speak badly or be jealous on this server..

I personally saw that this server has 3 fundamental things:
True NO P2W
NO Cheating
No Dual Box
aah. and let's not forget the rules... these rules seem to disturb as much as no dual box... which basically only pvp players don't understand.

If this server is not to your taste, it would be civilized to go on your own way...

finally a server that deserves to be played! Good job! in my opinion it is the only server that really deserves to be played! Of course, by players who know what retail means

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:48 am 
Elder

sevensins wrote:

True NO P2W
NO Cheating
No Dual Box
aah. and let's not forget the rules... these rules seem to disturb as much as no dual box... which basically only pvp players don't understand.

If this server is not to your taste, it would be civilized to go on your own way...

True no p2w? No just because they say so does not mean its true. When the server starts hitting low points or his friends start bugging him or whatever. They will make it so or die. Servers cost money.
When the monthly bills kick in and funds are low, you will see a plethora of no P2W items or background deals going on.

No cheating? Guess you must be have been born yesterday. Or you are not from this planet. People LIE people Cheat. I am not naive enough to just believe strangers on my screen as being wholesome and honest on the first go around.

No Dual box? Cough cough (bullshit) I already stated I could dual box triple box and there is no way he could detect it. Hell I can even give each box a diff IP. So the hard core botters out there will bot as well. Hell NC Soft a giant company could not stop em. What makes you think a 20 year old with a hobby and idea can? Its like the old argument if you take away the guns you will see less crime. No you wont. Because the criminals will be armed. Just not you.

This server is not to my taste and I found the people who run it, arrogant to assume they know everything about running a server.

And since when is it illegal or in bad taste to have an OPINION? And who the F told you I was civilized?

I was once. Till I started to play on these fly by night servers run by incompetent fools, who thought they knew what they are doing. I got tired of being lied to about No Cheating, and don't worry we don't cheat while items are passed to their closest friends. We have the best Geodata, or No Bugs, my @$$.

Or spending 6 months, many hours a day on a game I love, just to be wiped or have the server die.

So you see sir. Just like running a server is an investment to the people running it. When I donate my time to something, I consider my time an investment as well. And I really hate wasting my time.

Any 12 year old can pop up a web page that looks good. Any idiot can get some pretty decent server packs. Make some mods and then claim they have the best Geodata, NO bugs etc.

But then once I am in.... I find its all a LIE.

Come talk to me once you put a couple more decades on your life experience. And do not assume that I will be quiet because I am afraid to have an opinion.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:07 pm 
Vassal

inkblot wrote:
sevensins wrote:

True NO P2W
NO Cheating
No Dual Box

True no p2w? No just because they say so does not mean its true. When the server starts hitting low points or his friends start bugging him or whatever. They will make it so or die. Servers cost money.
When the monthly bills kick in and funds are low, you will see a plethora of no P2W items or background deals going on.

No cheating? Guess you must be have been born yesterday. Or you are not from this planet. People LIE people Cheat. I am not naive enough to just believe strangers on my screen as being wholesome and honest on the first go around.

No Dual box? Cough cough (bullshit) I already stated I could dual box triple box and there is no way he could detect it. Hell I can even give each box a diff IP. So the hard core botters out there will bot as well. Hell NC Soft a giant company could not stop em. What makes you think a 20 year old with a hobby and idea can? Its like the old argument if you take away the guns you will see less crime. No you wont. Because the criminals will be armed. Just not you.

This server is not to my taste and I found the people who run it, arrogant to assume they know everything about running a server.

And since when is it illegal or in bad taste to have an OPINION? And who the F told you I was civilized?

I was once. Till I started to play on these fly by night servers run by incompetent fools, who thought they knew what they are doing. I got tired of being lied to about No Cheating, and don't worry we don't cheat while items are passed to their closest friends. We have the best Geodata, or No Bugs, my @$$.

Or spending 6 months, many hours a day on a game I love, just to be wiped or have the server die.

So you see sir. Just like running a server is an investment to the people running it. When I donate my time to something, I consider my time an investment as well. And I really hate wasting my time.

Any 12 year old can pop up a web page that looks good. Any idiot can get some pretty decent server packs. Make some mods and then claim they have the best Geodata, NO bugs etc.

But then once I am in.... I find its all a LIE.

Come talk to me once you put a couple more decades on your life experience. And do not assume that I will be quiet because I am afraid to have an opinion.

Also another one that i see , server is not Java it is L2OFF platform , as i said we will try our best for this server .
We speak with deeds and no with words :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:49 pm 
Elder

So you are getting screwed by the Russians?

I have seen some of their pricing of their software. Its almost unreasonable.

But anyway. Congratulations on purchasing the software and I wish you luck with running and staying open.

But I stand by %85 of what I said.

Correct me if I am wrong. All the Russian sites that are selling the software are not really selling it. They are renting it. So you have to pay on a yearly basis. Then factor in the server costs. How do you expect to break even if you do not get enough donations?

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next