Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2-OFF]Lineage 3 launch announced 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:35 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
I believe that they couldn't just take the old weapon textures and port it to an entirely new engine, so they purposely made them from scratch to look exactly like they were in Lineage 2. If they wanted to distance themselves from L2 for whatever reason, they a) would've just made a random new generic weapons, I mean I google "fantasy bow" and I get 7 billion results and b) they wouldn't have showcased these obvious and notoriously known Lineage 2 weapons like Dama and BOP on their social sites.

So basically, L2 players know it's BOP anyway and players who never played L2 before don't care if the bow is called "Bow of Peril" or "Shadow Hunter's Bow", so I don't see any harm in it, just a nice tribute :P

Okay, so this game was first announced in 2011 as Lineage Eternal, They changed the name to Project TL in 2017. Until this name change to Throne and liberty the game was still part of Lineage IP. So, obviously they have lots of assets that are part of the Lineage franchise. They have been developing this game for so long and there is really no reason to trash those assets.

And yeah, showing those skins on social media is just smart marketing. Even though it isn't Lineage game anymore, that IP is still massive in Korea. So might as well pull those people in.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:34 pm 
Count

guess who is not dead, dear brothers :))), i kinda missed u guys :)), and i hate my self for missing u and this game :)))

man this what ever u call l3 is another game, who the .. made this post? :))), is another game similar to l2, so go somewhere else with this bull.... :))

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:38 pm 
Duke

Trustmebro wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
I believe that they couldn't just take the old weapon textures and port it to an entirely new engine, so they purposely made them from scratch to look exactly like they were in Lineage 2. If they wanted to distance themselves from L2 for whatever reason, they a) would've just made a random new generic weapons, I mean I google "fantasy bow" and I get 7 billion results and b) they wouldn't have showcased these obvious and notoriously known Lineage 2 weapons like Dama and BOP on their social sites.

So basically, L2 players know it's BOP anyway and players who never played L2 before don't care if the bow is called "Bow of Peril" or "Shadow Hunter's Bow", so I don't see any harm in it, just a nice tribute :P

Okay, so this game was first announced in 2011 as Lineage Eternal, They changed the name to Project TL in 2017. Until this name change to Throne and liberty the game was still part of Lineage IP. So, obviously they have lots of assets that are part of the Lineage franchise. They have been developing this game for so long and there is really no reason to trash those assets.

And yeah, showing those skins on social media is just smart marketing. Even though it isn't Lineage game anymore, that IP is still massive in Korea. So might as well pull those people in.

Well that's exactly my point. There are hoards of people thirsting after next Lineage and not just in Korea, so it is every bit of wise move to throw these people a bone with these obvious Lineage 2 weapons. And, if they are already going this what I consider a right direction, why not go all the way and call the weapons what they are and what all these people want them to be called? It's not like they are going to get a copyright strike :mrgreen: btw. Lineage Eternal imo just went down the drain. LE was a diablo-ish game, it's hard to imagine it being reworked what was shown into trailer of the TL

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Fr fr... Both BOP and Dama they've shown on their instagram looked gorgeous. Though they could've at least had the decency to call the weps by their real name, not some "Shadow Hunter's Bow" or whatever :? Still, they better keep em coming and I might give this game a shot after all :P btw. there are some rumours of Amazon publishing TL in the west:

man i cant explain why but everytime i see and hear this guy i wanna vomit and then call thanos to delete the living beings in the universe - everything in this guy irks me

about the weapons names, u cant be srs man, its a different IP and there is nothing bad in renaming the items... im glad they are still using the models because l2 had some of the best looking items in mmos not too posh and not too minimalistic, just the right amount of "fantasy genre" in them

im most definitely gona pay the subscription for it :) i wanna grapple hook on the siege golem and then grapple hook on the castle walls to infiltrate while someone from our side causes solar eclipse to lower enemy archer accuracy and give us chance to get on the walls (yes this is an officially announced game mechanic :D )

Oh man, the subscription would be an absolute dream, but at this day at age I'm a bit sceptical about it being any reasonable possibility. I'm quite positive that it's going to be another of those modern MMO payment models where the game will force you into spending at least couple of bucks every now and then for "quality of life" improvements like expanding your inventory or w/e and where you have to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars if you want to be competitive.... But hope dies last I guess so I'm keeping fingers crossed until then :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:41 pm 
Duke

spoilez wrote:
guess who is not dead, dear brothers :))), i kinda missed u guys :)), and i hate my self for missing u and this game :)))

man this what ever u call l3 is another game, who the .. made this post? :))), is another game similar to l2, so go somewhere else with this bull.... :))

Yoo spoilez welcome back my man, where've you been all this time :o And yeah I'm afraid my friend you've fallen to the most classic of the internet blunders, a clickbait :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:57 am 
Count

Herlitz wrote:
spoilez wrote:

Yoo spoilez welcome back my man, where've you been all this time :o And yeah I'm afraid my friend you've fallen to the most classic of the internet blunders, a clickbait :mrgreen:

man u know what i dont like at this forum/site or what ever it is :))), i really dont like the fact that less people know about it, very less people come and post, i really dream of this forum being very very crowded and full of dailly replies, but somehow smth is missing? what is missing i simply dont get it :)), because the forum is great, simple, pragmatic. LETS THE F... GET SOME 1KK PEOPLE POSTING ON THIS S... :)))

p.s: any ideas are most welcomed :)), haters are also welcomed :))

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:31 am 
Forum Troll

Herlitz wrote:
Oh man, the subscription would be an absolute dream, but at this day at age I'm a bit sceptical about it being any reasonable possibility. I'm quite positive that it's going to be another of those modern MMO payment models where the game will force you into spending at least couple of bucks every now and then for "quality of life" improvements like expanding your inventory or w/e and where you have to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars if you want to be competitive.... But hope dies last I guess so I'm keeping fingers crossed until then :P

brah tbh i have nothing against that model where you gotta spend a few $$ here and there for stuff like inventory slots etc
what irks me big time is when the game limits your char storage but the warehouse service is not global.......ESO had similar thingie where your vaults would be local to the area and u could pay something symbolic like 4$ or sorta to have literally an unlimited global stash for ur char, im totally UP FOR THAT! dont give me 10 extra slots for 10 dollars like in BDO, gimme a WH where i can drop all my stuff and access it from everywhere, amma spend for that money happily

on the competitive spending, i dont care tbh. to be competitive is in ppls nature and they are gona do it one way or another
lets do this thougth excercise if player A is eager to spend 2k$$$ on his/her char to get the edge does it matter to u if they spend 2K$$$ on the black market to buy stuff from other players or they spend the same amount in the cash shop of the game developer
i personally prefer the 2nd option because whoever wants to make money off a mmo should get a real job (make an mmo even) and i prefer my hard earned money to go to the developer and provide finances for further fixes/updates, new content and (lol how naive of me) bonuses and better salaries for the programmers

i just want to explore, party up, peeveepee for my spot, organize some raid pts and tahts it:D i dont want to be the best in a game :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:54 am 
Elder

Quote:
Lineage Eternal imo just went down the drain. LE was a diablo-ish game, it's hard to imagine it being reworked what was shown into trailer of the TL

"Reworked" might not be a right word for it, because they most likely scrapped lots of it. Except lots of the assets most likely could be reused. Just having an isometric viewpoint in your game doesn't mean that you won't have to do full 3D models of weapons, monsters and characters. Also, if you played NCsofts newer mobile games, you can play them in both isometric and third person viewpoints.

GoDs3nD wrote:
on the competitive spending, i dont care tbh. to be competitive is in ppls nature and they are gona do it one way or another
lets do this thougth excercise if player A is eager to spend 2k$$$ on his/her char to get the edge does it matter to u if they spend 2K$$$ on the black market to buy stuff from other players or they spend the same amount in the cash shop of the game developer
i personally prefer the 2nd option because whoever wants to make money off a mmo should get a real job (make an mmo even) and i prefer my hard earned money to go to the developer and provide finances for further fixes/updates, new content and (lol how naive of me) bonuses and better salaries for the programmers

It actually matters quite a lot, because with the second option the developers are incentivized to make the whole game around you spending money on it. This means that every singe gameplay mechanic and feature will revolve around spending money, and this is not a good thing. Your hard-earned money rarely goes into the game itself, instead it goes into buying yacht for the people on top.

So your thought exercise sounds great on paper, but it's pretty far from reality.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:01 pm 
Forum Troll

the game is always made to make u spend money
it is foolish to think that anyone would do and is obliged to make fun games for your leisure and not take the maximum possible profit

u didnt read the thought exercise at all because if there is no cash shop people go to black market and any sane person choses to have open cash shop accessible to everybody and guaranteed by the game provider as opposed to dealing with an imminently blooming black market and some shady adenski dealers

if u had ever run a business or ever been responsible with revenue target u would defo have a different opinion :)
boosting with real money will exist regardless if its from the game developer's side or black market
i choose the developer side for great many reasons i dont want to explain because i find them too obvious
its fine lets agree to disagree

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:35 am 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
the game is always made to make u spend money
it is foolish to think that anyone would do and is obliged to make fun games for your leisure and not take the maximum possible profit

u didnt read the thought exercise at all because if there is no cash shop people go to black market and any sane person choses to have open cash shop accessible to everybody and guaranteed by the game provider as opposed to dealing with an imminently blooming black market and some shady adenski dealers

if u had ever run a business or ever been responsible with revenue target u would defo have a different opinion :)
boosting with real money will exist regardless if its from the game developer's side or black market
i choose the developer side for great many reasons i dont want to explain because i find them too obvious
its fine lets agree to disagree

So I guess you are completely okay with the concept of developers creating artificial problems just to sell you the solution? We also know that those CEOs don't need multiple yachts, I'm sure they are okay just having a one. These revenue targets for these games have been blown up completely out of proportion because of mobile games. You make it sound like companies can't make money without completely exploiting predatory cash shop mechanics and P2W.

Also, if you play on proper servers, the amount of people that go for "black market" on these MMORPGs is completely irrelevant. Majority of people ain't going to take that risk unless you're playing with Russians or some other cheater countries.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:19 am 
Count

nobody with a brain gives a ... about a video game :)), my brothers, wake up from ur long long dream :DD, good morning :DD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:17 am 
Elder

spoilez wrote:
nobody with a brain gives a ... about a video game :)), my brothers, wake up from ur long long dream :DD, good morning :DD

True no one gives a shit about the biggest entertainment medium, right... Also, you can't talk about brain when you write like this, it just doesn't work :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:04 am 
Count

Trustmebro wrote:
spoilez wrote:

True no one gives a shit about the biggest entertainment medium, right... Also, you can't talk about brain when you write like this, it just doesn't work :)

trust me bro it works :)))

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:12 pm 
Duke

Trustmebro wrote:
spoilez wrote:

You can't argue with spoilez, you can only get used to him :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:02 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:

There really isn't any arguments when the other side isn't capable of having one. Monkey see, monkey do :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:00 pm 
Heir

Herlitz wrote:
Trustmebro wrote:
spoilez wrote:

QFT

It's easy to judge people from behind your keyboard, trust me bro. lol

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next