Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2-OFF]Lineage 3 launch announced 2022
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:21 am 
Forum Troll

Herlitz wrote:
Take a look at Lineage 2 Revolution for example. Free-play ability wise, this game is an absolute disaster ....

this only answers to your further questions and supports what i said previously about lineage 2 brand being bad, linege 2 as u know it doesnt exist :D, classic was shut down, theres essence on the russki pusski serbidors and the mentioned MOBILE games
Herlitz wrote:
Yet still, the game is alive and decently populated. I'm not saying it's just because it's "Lineage" .....

no it is not alive and not decently populated, it is an autoplay garbage where you have to be stupid to believe any "player" activity they measure because if it were bots used by the game publisher you wouldnt tell if there is any difference!

Herlitz wrote:
I believe it's because Lineage fanbase is not as dead as it would seem. Take a look at Asterios for example, its servers regularly host more than 15k online, and if you gathered all people playing L2 from all free serbidorki, you would get a number that a lot of these generic MMOs being released every couple of months could only wish for. And even then, there are countless people who grew up with L2 and are still associating their kid/teenage years with the game, and even though they don't play L2 itself anymore, it would be mistake to think they completely forgot about it.

grow up boy, games are not made for ur sole entertainment. they are made to produce money
some nostalgic old farts with 2 kids mortgage and a prego side chick are not gona be your high paying customers, neither they are going to be within the wider audience that is going to play the game. generations change, preferences change and even if 15k is a real number (learn not to trust everything that is written on the interwebz) still that is SMALL player base for an mmo that wants to make money with a fair model
further more EVEN if asterios has real unique 15k players, they would predominantly just like you choose to stay there and play on asterios instead of moving to a game with new aspects thus higher complexity. their degraded brains would say "ah no this is not l2 i know, i dont wana learn new game" and quit

Herlitz wrote:
ot because it's the best gacha out there (or even top 90% for what it's worth), but I just enjoy playing the same class I used to in L2, listening to same music, killing often same mobs, wearing same named armor, acquiring same Adena etc. Nostalgia is a massive weapon when attracting players, especially those who've been playing the same game for over a decade.

well man if u dont want to move on to new things why would anyone in this world bother to change your mind and accomodate to your comformism? YOU ARE in your comfort zone and there is NO NEED for a new l2 game cuz u are still chewing on the old one. what you say makes no sense at all. you are playing a spinoff l2 mobile game and u call yourself an active l2 player? lul man cmon
none of us is active maybe except spoilez, cuz we got other shit to do

Herlitz wrote:
Meanwhile, what exactly would they have to lose by calling it "Lineage 3" instead of "Thrones and Legacy" (or Thrones and Legislation or whatever, forgot the name now)? People who never heard of ....

i already explained why it is way better to establish a new brand and further below you answered yourself. they changed the narrative so it deserved its own universe, damn that sounds fishy indeed :mrgreen:

Herlitz wrote:
My question is, if they absolutely don't care about attracting former Lineage players, one of the most loyal mmo playerbases that has ever existed, what exactly do they have to offer over hundreds (or more likely thousands) of other generic MMORPGs out there to differentiates themselves? Nothing that they showed in the trailer doesn't exist elsewhere already. Why exactly should it be different to for example New World, which started with 900k+ players and now has lower peaks than L2 Asterios (Steam Charts)?

1)l2 player base consists of toxic botting tryharders and a bunch of casuals who didnt learn how to play the game for almost 20 years of its existence and are still nab just like they were before
2)new world didnt start off as a high fantasy mmorpg but a survival and gathering game with rpg elements.
only later due to the vacuum in the genre they added some more rpg shit and slapped MMORPG on it. finally the game turned out to be not only buggy but also NOT mmorpg whereas the whole game was gather craft and thats it until u reach sieges and bug your char so it doesnt die

so your comparison is apples to oranged, besides being fruit they dont have much in common

Quote:
Nothing that they showed in the trailer doesn't exist elsewhere already.

your question is answered in the Q&A from their korean blog.
any grown person knows that in 99,99% of cases whatever u think you r innovating has already been done by someone else. ncosft dont have to bring anything new to the table because it has all been implemented in some other rpg game. so they only need to mix and match it
every game will have this and that feature but skip 2-3 features that other games have. so each game decides whats its own focus on tries to steal as many good practices and ideas from other games

jeesh dude... why do i have to even expl this kinda obv stuff?

it is obviously a different game because the old tap-targeting style is no more interesting and games have developed further and offer new interesting things to do, even if u chose to stay on the same well known turf

last thing i heard about lineage2 is they launched lineage2Aden designed for solo autoplay where u buy like on any l2j trash server 200% exp boost packs and etc garbage so the last bit of nostalgic players following the IP left in disappointment too

stop trying to milk a dead cow

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 6:20 pm 
Count

"some nostalgic old farts with 2 kids mortgage and a prego side chick"

pen i think this describes u no? )))

pen my brother i see a dark future for u on this forum, people are starting to knowtice u are a sensitive human being

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:21 pm 
Forum Troll

herlitz is a real sweetheart :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:10 pm 
Forum Troll

some guy spotted the l2 weps in l3 content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cphQ7bIAkFE

herlitz arent ur spidey senses tingling?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:34 pm 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
some guy spotted the l2 weps in l3 content

https://www.youtube.com/v/cphQ7bIAkFE

herlitz arent ur spidey senses tingling?

That's pretty interesting. I mentioned the Kite Shield in the trailer but I thought it was just a coincidental similarity. That Dama sure does not lie :mrgreen:

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Take a look at Lineage 2 Revolution for example. Free-play ability wise, this game is an absolute disaster ....

this only answers to your further questions and supports what i said previously about lineage 2 brand being bad, linege 2 as u know it doesnt exist :D, classic was shut down, theres essence on the russki pusski serbidors and the mentioned MOBILE games

The fact that despite nearly everything Lineage related turned into a total cash grab and NCsoft still keeps releasing Lineage related games only shows power of the brand

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Yet still, the game is alive and decently populated. I'm not saying it's just because it's "Lineage" .....

no it is not alive and not decently populated, it is an autoplay garbage where you have to be stupid to believe any "player" activity they measure because if it were bots used by the game publisher you wouldnt tell if there is any difference!

Well as there aren't any statistics available so there isn't any faking them, as far as bots go, I have trouble figuring out exactly where they would use these bots, there aren't really any zones where people would gather on a regular basis to make it look 'crowded' and creating literal bot clans to participate in sieges/fortresses (where I get my impressions of servers being fairly well populated) seem to me like pretty major stretch. Not saying it's impossible, but people would definitely notice eventually.

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
I believe it's because Lineage fanbase is not as dead as it would seem. Take a look at Asterios for example, its servers regularly host more than 15k online, and if you gathered all people playing L2 from all free serbidorki, you would get a number that a lot of these generic MMOs being released every couple of months could only wish for. And even then, there are countless people who grew up with L2 and are still associating their kid/teenage years with the game, and even though they don't play L2 itself anymore, it would be mistake to think they completely forgot about it.

grow up boy, games are not made for ur sole entertainment. they are made to produce money
some nostalgic old farts with 2 kids mortgage and a prego side chick are not gona be your high paying customers, neither they are going to be within the wider audience that is going to play the game. generations change, preferences change and even if 15k is a real number (learn not to trust everything that is written on the interwebz) still that is SMALL player base for an mmo that wants to make money with a fair model
further more EVEN if asterios has real unique 15k players, they would predominantly just like you choose to stay there and play on asterios instead of moving to a game with new aspects thus higher complexity. their degraded brains would say "ah no this is not l2 i know, i dont wana learn new game" and quit

Well I never disputed that the games (especially Korean ones) are made for money, but where there're people, there's money, and people are much more likely to spend money on games they associate with childhood memories than some generic 'yet another MMORPG'. As for the high paying customerss, well who exactly would you aim at if not people who are economically active? Data shows that highest spending playerbase are men between 34 and 44, which incidentally is exactly the group that old Lineage/Lineage 2 players are growing into (source) (besides, who else should be spending money on MMOs other than a dude who ruined his life with some side hoe, trying to escape reality :mrgreen:)

As for the Asterios, idk, again I'm not saying it's impossible that they pump up the numbers a bit, but I've played a fair bunch of servers to get a grip of approximately how many servers are playing there, and Asterios x7 is one of the most - if not the most - populated server I've ever played. Again, not claiming that all of them will drop everything and move on to L3 once it gets released, but sure as death and taxes you absolutely WILL get more of them if you play the nostalgia card

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
ot because it's the best gacha out there (or even top 90% for what it's worth), but I just enjoy playing the same class I used to in L2, listening to same music, killing often same mobs, wearing same named armor, acquiring same Adena etc. Nostalgia is a massive weapon when attracting players, especially those who've been playing the same game for over a decade.

well man if u dont want to move on to new things why would anyone in this world bother to change your mind and accomodate to your comformism? YOU ARE in your comfort zone and there is NO NEED for a new l2 game cuz u are still chewing on the old one. what you say makes no sense at all. you are playing a spinoff l2 mobile game and u call yourself an active l2 player? lul man cmon
none of us is active maybe except spoilez, cuz we got other shit to do

Well I don't quite remember calling myself some active player, my point was that there is a major sleeper community willing to try another 'Lineage' if given opportunity to. The L2 Revolution itself is a solid proof that people like me are going to put with almost anything as long as it's called Lineage. The game would abso-freaking-lutely die by now if it wasn't called Lineage.

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Meanwhile, what exactly would they have to lose by calling it "Lineage 3" instead of "Thrones and Legacy" (or Thrones and Legislation or whatever, forgot the name now)? People who never heard of ....

i already explained why it is way better to establish a new brand and further below you answered yourself. they changed the narrative so it deserved its own universe, damn that sounds fishy indeed :mrgreen:

I don't exactly find "let's create a generic MMO #9782 instead of sticking to a brand associated with one of the most popular MMOs ever just for the sake of being fresh, because it will totally work this time" argument convincing to be level with you.

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
My question is, if they absolutely don't care about attracting former Lineage players, one of the most loyal mmo playerbases that has ever existed, what exactly do they have to offer over hundreds (or more likely thousands) of other generic MMORPGs out there to differentiates themselves? Nothing that they showed in the trailer doesn't exist elsewhere already. Why exactly should it be different to for example New World, which started with 900k+ players and now has lower peaks than L2 Asterios (Steam Charts)?

1)l2 player base consists of toxic botting tryharders and a bunch of casuals who didnt learn how to play the game for almost 20 years of its existence and are still nab just like they were before
2)new world didnt start off as a high fantasy mmorpg but a survival and gathering game with rpg elements.
only later due to the vacuum in the genre they added some more rpg shit and slapped MMORPG on it. finally the game turned out to be not only buggy but also NOT mmorpg whereas the whole game was gather craft and thats it until u reach sieges and bug your char so it doesnt die

so your comparison is apples to oranged, besides being fruit they dont have much in common

Okay, just insert basically any MMORPG released in past 10 years instead, you will get the same point. I'm pretty sure if you search for most popular mmorpgs you will mostly get games like wow, final fantasy, probably even runescape AKA old names, not the hip and fresh new name MMORPG that totally changed the game forever by adding absolutely revolutionary features like climbing over rocks or gathering flowers.

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Nothing that they showed in the trailer doesn't exist elsewhere already.

your question is answered in the Q&A from their korean blog.

Well why won't you be a good sport and guide me where exactly? Because rain influencing battle sure ain't it chief

GoDs3nD wrote:
any grown person knows that in 99,99% of cases whatever u think you r innovating has already been done by someone else. ncosft dont have to bring anything new to the table because it has all been implemented in some other rpg game. so they only need to mix and match it
every game will have this and that feature but skip 2-3 features that other games have. so each game decides whats its own focus on tries to steal as many good practices and ideas from other games

jeesh dude... why do i have to even expl this kinda obv stuff?

it is obviously a different game because the old tap-targeting style is no more interesting and games have developed further and offer new interesting things to do, even if u chose to stay on the same well known turf

Case in point. If you want to sell some product, and there were thousands of other people trying to sell the same one before you and 99% of them failed, you shouldn't just throw it out and hope for the best, you should ask yourself what can you do differently to succeed. I mean NCsoft has been doing this for ages, as I mentioned above, most of the games they released would have exactly zero chance of success if they didn't attract players like me. It's all about the brand.

GoDs3nD wrote:
last thing i heard about lineage2 is they launched lineage2Aden designed for solo autoplay where u buy like on any l2j trash server 200% exp boost packs and etc garbage so the last bit of nostalgic players following the IP left in disappointment too

stop trying to milk a dead cow

There were already like several dozens of Lineage 2 expansions, it's obvious none of them will gather much excitement at this point. Lineage 3 however is something that L2 players talked and dreamed about for more than a decade now. I mean look at this TL thing, main reason what stirs an attention is people thinking it's Lineage 3, what else needs to be said :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:56 am 
Vagabond

It's a shame that they dropped the Lineage IP from it, but that makes perfect sense if they are trying to capture the western audience. Lineage IP has absolutely terrible reputation here in the West, so changing the name and IP around will fool a lot of people. Especially the ones that haven't had any interaction with NCsoft before.

Also based on the Q&A stuff it seems like they are focusing on the elements of the gameplay that make the most money, which are PVE and story. So I wouldn't expect it to be a very PvP heavy game. That's why the IP change is smart, if it was a Lineage game people would expect it to be PvP heavy game, but now you can pretty much do anything.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:43 pm 
Forum Troll

https://throneandliberty.online/throne- ... episode-1/

for the fans of l2 and its story nc are releasing a play novel that covers the mythology of our beloved L3 :D its better to play this novel on my phone before sleep than l2 mobile trash :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:48 pm 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
https://throneandliberty.online/throne-liberty-play-novel-episode-1/

for the fans of l2 and its story nc are releasing a play novel that covers the mythology of our beloved L3 :D its better to play this novel on my phone before sleep than l2 mobile trash :D

How do you mean for fans of L2? Are they making some connections to L2 world there? That would be kinda cool tbh. I'm kinda lazy to read, let me know when you go through it plx.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:04 pm 
Forum Troll

Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

How do you mean for fans of L2? Are they making some connections to L2 world there? That would be kinda cool tbh. I'm kinda lazy to read, let me know when you go through it plx.

heres a nice recent recap of stuff we know
this is so much more grand than l2 :D

https://www.youtube.com/v/b4sf3gh3-C4

for the storyline itself u gotta play the novel :) it tells u the story

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:01 pm 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

heres a nice recent recap of stuff we know
this is so much more grand than l2 :D

https://www.youtube.com/v/b4sf3gh3-C4

for the storyline itself u gotta play the novel :) it tells u the story

Eh Im not much into story anyway, I just want to pew pew L2 mobs using L2 weapons playing my L2 chars, just in a new game :mrgreen: btw. in that vid you posted previously, I think the guy missed one sword from the trailer:
Or is it my mind seeing this it wants to see? I also could've sworn I've seen that 2H sword before... Maybe it was some monster sword in L2? Any ideas?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:14 am 
Forum Troll

they are going to recycle alot of models of wps/armors from l2 so indeed you will be able to equip gear that is going to be l2 replica with better textures, for example i like how the "remastered" BOP looks

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:07 pm 
Duke

Fr fr... Both BOP and Dama they've shown on their instagram looked gorgeous. Though they could've at least had the decency to call the weps by their real name, not some "Shadow Hunter's Bow" or whatever :? Still, they better keep em coming and I might give this game a shot after all :P btw. there are some rumours of Amazon publishing TL in the west:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:08 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
Fr fr... Both BOP and Dama they've shown on their instagram looked gorgeous. Though they could've at least had the decency to call the weps by their real name, not some "Shadow Hunter's Bow" or whatever :? Still, they better keep em coming and I might give this game a shot after all :P btw. there are some rumours of Amazon publishing TL in the west:

Obviously they're not going to call them with "real" names, as it's not Lineage game anymore. They remade this game like 4 times now, so just using the old assets.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:54 pm 
Duke

Trustmebro wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

Obviously they're not going to call them with "real" names, as it's not Lineage game anymore. They remade this game like 4 times now, so just using the old assets.

I believe that they couldn't just take the old weapon textures and port it to an entirely new engine, so they purposely made them from scratch to look exactly like they were in Lineage 2. If they wanted to distance themselves from L2 for whatever reason, they a) would've just made a random new generic weapons, I mean I google "fantasy bow" and I get 7 billion results and b) they wouldn't have showcased these obvious and notoriously known Lineage 2 weapons like Dama and BOP on their social sites.

So basically, L2 players know it's BOP anyway and players who never played L2 before don't care if the bow is called "Bow of Peril" or "Shadow Hunter's Bow", so I don't see any harm in it, just a nice tribute :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:03 pm 
Forum Troll

Herlitz wrote:

man i cant explain why but everytime i see and hear this guy i wanna vomit and then call thanos to delete the living beings in the universe - everything in this guy irks me

about the weapons names, u cant be srs man, its a different IP and there is nothing bad in renaming the items... im glad they are still using the models because l2 had some of the best looking items in mmos not too posh and not too minimalistic, just the right amount of "fantasy genre" in them

im most definitely gona pay the subscription for it :) i wanna grapple hook on the siege golem and then grapple hook on the castle walls to infiltrate while someone from our side causes solar eclipse to lower enemy archer accuracy and give us chance to get on the walls (yes this is an officially announced game mechanic :D )

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next