Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF] L2ElmoreLab - C1-C5 x1 - START 01.10.2022
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:23 pm 
Duke

Kush wrote:
Elmorelab will have a great succes only when they will reopen a new one but with 1+1 and close the old one

I don't want to BS since I'm not following closely, but I believe they said they plan to merge this and the old one server eventually. Which I personally think is a good idea, cuz a) I think Asterios (ruski project) has proven that the constant cycle of opening old and eventual merging is very effective and b) it's not a good image for server if they just closed the server people grinded their chars at for years if they have the other option, I mean if I were to join 1x C1-C5 server I better believe the char I grind will stay forever at least :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:09 pm 
Elder

Quark wrote:
Not really true, the x3 started as whatever-you-want clients. I am sure because I played almost from start with 1+3 boxes. After that they changed to 1+1.The rest is debatable, for example, Reborn is not a Russian server for Russians

Right, It was a different server that had to change their boxing rules. I assume you mean Elmorelab is not a Russian server for Russians. Sure they are not trying to be one, but it is. Just a quick look at their discord and you can see it's a Russian server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:51 am 
Vagabond

Trustmebro wrote:
I assume you mean Elmorelab is not a Russian server for Russians. Sure they are not trying to be one, but it is. Just a quick look at their discord and you can see it's a Russian server.

y
The factor why some servers are for russians and some are not is unknown. Admin speaks russian. Dunno nationality.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:00 am 
Vagabond

It is not russian server.
But there is a lot of russians and Latinos.
I did see also Polish people and Ukrainians.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:57 am 
Baron

Toma is polish and Zonner is russian.The server is international and is not their fault russians are more,they just do not leave like the rest

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:48 pm 
Vagabond

Kush wrote:
Toma is polish

Isn't. I am 100% sure.
He has Polish flag on MXC, but he is not a Pole. Yes, he speaks Polish good enough to trick Poles.
Doesn't matter. He is very good administrator, it does not change the fact that the most of server population are Russians.
As for the rest of the statement - I have a life, rates 1x are for nolifers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:27 pm 
Elder

Khanzo wrote:
It is not russian server.
But there is a lot of russians and Latinos.
I did see also Polish people and Ukrainians.

It's definitely a Russian server, even if you check their news channel on discord. It's always Russian first and English secondary. If they really wanted to push international it would be English only. Any English speaker that checks the discord will get the impression that it's a Russian server

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:04 pm 
Baron

actually when they created the discord it was only english channels,after a while they had to do it for the russians as well because they were spamming there all day

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:49 am 
Duke

Just curious, but people who played ElmoreLab, what would you say was the percentage Russians vs English speaking players? Approximately.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:20 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
Just curious, but people who played ElmoreLab, what would you say was the percentage Russians vs English speaking players? Approximately.

No one knows about the numbers, but someone said that you could fit them into a single clan.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:47 am 
Vagabond

Try guess.
Screenshot taken 5min ago (shout and nicknames, not every player who write English is non-russian player)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:21 pm 
Duke

Quark wrote:
Try guess.
Screenshot taken 5min ago (shout and nicknames, not every player who write English is non-russian player)

lol. Unless this is cherry picked then it sure does look a lot like a lot like virtually Russian server indeed

Trustmebro wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

No one knows about the numbers, but someone said that you could fit them into a single clan.

Well then I guess there isn't a whole lot to do in this case. Sometimes - if the populations are somewhat equal - it's possible to enforce English in !all chat at least to some extent (giving a short mute for use of other languages, people eventually learn to use English most of the time), but if the server is already like 90+% there doesn't seem to be much point in it. But then again, I've played on Asterios (99,9% Russian) before while having zero Russian language skills and enjoyed it, so I wouldn't go as far as to call it unplayable. Plus, learning a Russian word or two may help if Putin decides to start farming rest of Europe :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:55 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
Well then I guess there isn't a whole lot to do in this case. Sometimes - if the populations are somewhat equal - it's possible to enforce English in !all chat at least to some extent (giving a short mute for use of other languages, people eventually learn to use English most of the time), but if the server is already like 90+% there doesn't seem to be much point in it. But then again, I've played on Asterios (99,9% Russian) before while having zero Russian language skills and enjoyed it, so I wouldn't go as far as to call it unplayable. Plus, learning a Russian word or two may help if Putin decides to start farming rest of Europe :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is definitely unplayable if you want to play with human beings and not monkeys. But yeah there is no point to force English when it's a Russian server, obviously. The point is that it's impossible to get English speakers to play it when the whole general chat is full of Russian. I guess one option would be just to disable the global chat, so you wouldn't see the Russian monkeys spamming it.

Also, this is not just Lineage 2 issue, they are this way in every single game you go play. But lots of games just have their own servers for Russians which is great. Maybe one day they will get blocked from the Internet, that would be glorious.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:46 am 
Vagabond

Let's debunk some myths: There are no plans to merge 3x and 1x, 2 totally different concepts, and target groups of players. One being single box, while other allowing dual boxing, 1x being infinitely harder due to the fact that you won't have any adenas even for SS. What's the logic behind merging 1x server into 2 year older dual box 3x server? Project is out of passion of MasterToma, not for profit or anything, he is good enough developer to make money the proper way, compared to l2jaja admins which leads me to the next point.
Yes, server is russian, but that's up to the community to gather enough people to make a stand for international players. Russians are everywhere and even reborn is full of them lately and you can see chat in russian all the time. And again, reborn is Latino server, just as Elmore is Russian.
Saying that 1+1 is mandatory in X1 is only your opinion, some people wants some hardcore server with community aspect, rather than taking CH buffs and going soloing RB's and 100 mobs at once with Destro.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:51 am 
Vagabond

IneedtoquitL2 wrote:
Let's debunk some myths: There are no plans to merge 3x and 1x, 2 totally different concepts, and target groups of players.

Nobody is saying it will be, but it should be. It is disputable.
For me, as I say, playing on x1 server is no option. Get a life. It is 2022 year.

Herlitz wrote:
lol. Unless this is cherry picked then it sure does look a lot like a lot like virtually Russian server indeed

If that was a cherry picked , then the second screenshot, moments after logging into the server.

Partially russian speaking players are Ukrainians, dunno how much.
I am not against the server, MasterToma so good administaror, and for me is the best server aroud here, taking into account the technical aspects. Still, most of server population is Russians

Last edited by Quark on Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next