Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [L2J - C6] Preview: DuskvsDawn x3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:30 pm 
Vagabond

Welcome to the DuskvsDawn!

Join us now at: http://www.duskvsdawn.com
and in our discord: https://discord.gg/C9KKAhedW7

The first low rate server based on races.

Discover a new and original concept. The axis of this server is the confrontation of light against darkness using the Seven Signs and a system called Race Wars. We bring a fresh touch of rivalry between races (which now, are hopelessly faced against each other), while preserving all of the original mechanics that have made us love this game (skills, levels, gears, zones, sieges, olympiads, raid bosses, quests and crafting).

We are a low rate server based on longterm Interlude where, even being a factions server, the use of the game day by day hardly differs from traditional servers except in the most key and at the same time a simple change, the Human and Elf players are in permanent war to the Orc and Dark Elf players, leaving the Dwarves to choose their side in a conflict for control of Elmoreden.

The server has x3 rates and an original permawar system has been created between the factions also facing the Seven Signs (depending on your race you are self-assigned to the Dawn or the Dusk).

With a strong no P2W policy, our donations do not allow to obtain items that grant stats or any advantage, all rewards given by donations are purely cosmetic, changes that cannot pervert the game experience and allow the player enjoy the game.

We have a commitment to take this server far and the Staff has already put in reserve 12 months of personal budget for online maintenance of the server, which will be increased as donations arrive. This means that the server availability is GUARANTEED of at least 12 months, that obviously will be increased since the costs of a server nowadays are really low...

Which side will you choose? Will you fight for the light alongside the versatile Humans and Ancient Elves? Or will you bring darkness with you and swell the ranks of the belligerent Orcs and their cruel Dark Elf allies? If you are undecided you can always be a dwarf and get a slice of the terrible incoming conflict.

Opening on May 21st (Beta on May 17th).

Last edited by DuskvsDawn on Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [L2J - C6] Preview: DuskvsDawn x3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 am 
Vagabond

Time to fight for the light with the humans or elfs or embrace the darkness with the orcs or dark elves!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:47 am 
Forum Troll

8> sounds super cool idea but has very questionable features <3

the fact that dwarves will be neutral at first and decide to join a faction sounds super simple, logical and also pretty cool in terms of lore

Quote:
Dusk and Dawn factions will be in a permanent war, it means that you can kill or be killed by a faction enemy anywhere and anytime.

how about the cities? will giran square be peace zone and the area outside faction war zone?

however this feature is quite controversial
Quote:
Characters can only join clans of the same race but they can interact with other races of the same faction. (for example, dark elfs can only join a clan with dark elfs but they can make party with orcs too).

i think this is not nice because:
-limits the social aspect of the game - i want to be in the same clan with my bros who like to play different races and classes. i shouldnt be split between playing with my mates and joining clan parties for faction activities.

-further to that there is CRP system embedded in the faction kills and if i have a constant party of 4 ppl why shouldnt they bring crp to the same clan that they are part of? lets say one of the players is in a pretty active clan and we team up with them constantly. only 1 of our group will give benefit to the clan and only 1 will benefit from goodies that can be purchased with CRP, while all will be contributing. if you think this over u will see that you can do it much better if u give it proper flexibility and allow all races within a faction to team up according to their personal liking

why would we constantly play together and be unable to be part of 1 clan?that kills the whole idea?
why limit us from roleplaying in a mmorpg and force us to choose race to collaborate?

-further more a clan of dark elves will most probably constist of mages and daggers because phantom rangers without haste and berserk and greater might are not so good, neither have the survival stats without blessed body. AWs are perfectly fine with PoWind

so ppl will kinda forced to play with ppl outside of their group and the clan system will become half useful only because it will not perserve its role as a feature that allows different players to make groups that complete eachother and benefit from efficiency

this all in all will promote ppl to make dualboxed supports and probably contribute to having a nice online counter to show on ur website :D

Quote:
Alliances between clans of a different faction are not possible but a clan from the opposite faction can register as defender of a castle owner by an enemy faction clan (as long as the castle owner approves the defense registration).

this is also a very questionable feature
why in the world u think clans of opposing factions should play together to defend a castle? why break the faction war meta for sieges?

if clan clan A from fraction DAWN wants to block clan B from faction DAWN to take the castle from clan X from faction DUSK the most straightforward scenario is clan A from DAWN JUST DECLARE WAR AND FIGHT clan B on the field

sounds like lame attempt to promote clan politics as part of a simple factions pvp system

at first i was like its too low rates for me but hey the concept is fun i might rly play there :D
but then the concept started sounding not so fun and with too many possible caveats

if u consider
1) giving more flexibility to clans in recruiting all faction races and promote supports being played as main
2) keeping the sieges simple and straightforward in terms of faction alegience so either clans have to make peace within the faction and help eachother to conquest zones either fight eachother outside of the town and make a favor to the owning opposite faction (sounds like smth dark faction would do to eachother :D)

it will definitely be so awesome and will definitely join despite its l2j

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:49 pm 
Vagabond

Hi G0ds3nd!, thanks for take a moment to give a possibility to that idea :).

I try to answer in order.

The cities are ever peace zone, in that you can trade with all the races, when you going out of the limit of the city, anything wild can happen :P.

The catacombs and necropolis are the unique safe zones for the Race War System, only the alineated to dusk (orcs, dark elves and some dwarves) can enter the necropolis, and only the alineated to dawn (humans, elves and some dwarves) can enter the catacombs, all the other map, in exception the initial zones and the peace zones itself (like cities) are under the Race War System.

With that system you can't heal or buff the opposite races (with Ctrl you can't too) so in the point you say to make dualbox for buffing only is enabled with chars of your side and ever with a person per client (we have a good and strong anticheat measures).

The fact you say of friends breaking his partys because the want play different races well, its a fact that its a negative point, for give a strong environment of the ideas want to touch in this kind of server. We know the priority of the most people its taking friends in his race for can make clan, but if its not possible, the can add to friend dwarfs to his clan and, in a second tier possibility they can bring her friends in a friend/brotherhood clan of the race ally, if i a play in a human clan, i try to convince all to join me but if i can't at least i can save a few in a allied elf clan with sure.

A bit solution to that come in the 2 Stage who come with the Mercenary System, who reward a very few players in the server (less than 1:10 ratio) who are the best farmers and the most active players (need friends too for that) for become a Traitor to the ours. That system allow you catch a subclass who enable the possibility to stay in a clan of the opposite side, but that clan need to have a lot of people of high lv and this stay in the clan in a lot of time to generate in our rearcode that Mercenary Points for hire that kind of players (with a very lowcap), at least, is not possible for a great clan have more than 3-4 of this type of players, but you can save some friend with other race or give fresh buffs inexistent in your race for our clan partners.

The siege question we know its controversial too, but we don't want a WoW system for sure, we need to maintain the true spirit of the human behaviour and the fact of anyone can potentially become foe to anyone, the Race War System make sure that a human clan are open enemy of a clan orc and potentially allied of a elf clan, but we want let a door for who want make a forced "truce" ignoring the permawar if the leaders decide it or a via for make a traditional clan war between the same human clan to the elf clan if their relations decrease in a open hostility.

We know that system has his lacks, but the new mechanics can become very fun (we tested via friends and his lovely) with the recognised issue than in some context one race can get very advantge to another sometimes, the essence of that its try a different idea with low rp mechanics who don't need a hard instructions in players for work, become in the game itself.

Of course we learn about the feedback and we accept a few unbalancement (who its impossible to evade), but if some kind of mechanics become broken in a certain point we give our effort to make a patch to balance enough for become fun again.

We invite anyone to want to give it a try and bring glory for his people and blood :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:56 pm 
Vagabond

this sounds cooooool ,i never saw something like that,plus it looks not p2w server
gz man just unique idea looking forward to play :!:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 pm 
Vagabond

Thanks Naiya!, glad to read that :), the p2w kill this charming game, we hate that, today is too easy maintain a server with simply cosmetic donations, more than that its disrespectful, see you in the fields of battle!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:34 pm 
Vagabond

lol, crazy dudes, maybe i try it but i need to know, i can pk people of my own race or something? or if an idiot come to my spot and is "ally" i can't kill it?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 pm 
Vagabond

YouMe wrote:
lol, crazy dudes, maybe i try it but i need to know, i can pk people of my own race or something? or if an idiot come to my spot and is "ally" i can't kill it?

Hi YouMe, sure, no problem with pk a member of our faction, in our faction the system of pvp its the retail, to the opposite, is permawar, but yes, can pvp/pk a members of your side :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:01 pm 
Vagabond

It's nice to see that someone made this kind of server with so strict measures with the factions.
I mean. You can't even be in the same clan with someone of your own faction if you are not in the same race :P. Those things will make the game harder and slower because of the missing classes-buffers and alliances will be a must.

I am looking forward on this project and I think it will be some fun times and something fresh. I hope a lot of people learn about the server and be a highly populated one in the future.

Also, I am not sure how you will be able to kill epics as one faction, without having the proper buffers from the other faction too. They must be tested before the opening with more people from the beta-test or something. Because I highly believe they will be unkillable without the proper setups. Or they will be nerfed a bit.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:06 am 
Vagabond

Respect0x wrote:
It's nice to see that someone made this kind of server with so strict measures with the factions.
I mean. You can't even be in the same clan with someone of your own faction if you are not in the same race :P. Those things will make the game harder and slower because of the missing classes-buffers and alliances will be a must.

I am looking forward on this project and I think it will be some fun times and something fresh. I hope a lot of people learn about the server and be a highly populated one in the future.

Also, I am not sure how you will be able to kill epics as one faction, without having the proper buffers from the other faction too. They must be tested before the opening with more people from the beta-test or something. Because I highly believe they will be unkillable without the proper setups. Or they will be nerfed a bit.

Thanks Respect0x! like you say that gives a new vision only touching that few features, bring a new travel what promise come back in the old days when all is ready for be discovered and conquered.

Now make a simply Raid Boss is an highly risky idea, the other side can come in any moment for try to take the RB or, if they can't simply sabotage the other. The Epics almost in the beginning remain very very difficult, its very rewarding for who in the correct moment beat them.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:46 pm 
Vagabond

I am interested in the idea even so I see strange things in the endgame.

Not very clear that there will be a playable and enjoyable balance at very high levels, although of course it has to be fun to have a human party and go hunting orcs. I think that if the idea was saved it would be because if one side becomes much stronger, these clans in the winning faction understand that they can fight each other, if it were only an RvsR I think it would be too unbalanced and it might not be fun to be on the side that loses, well, whatever it is, I don't think even the admin knows what will happen with that, he has his point.

It is a strange idea, in the beta I will try with a friend and I do not know if he would like this type of server, in any case we will see it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:27 am 
Vagabond

In my opinion. To not have a disbalance on each faction. If you could add a counter on the website that says how many are dusk and how many are dawn so when a player is about to join the server, he will see the numbers and preferably to join the the "recommended" faction (the one that has less players) to balance it, because if dawns are 1500 people and dusk are 1000 people, that will cause a disbalance.

I will watch the server closely. I will join the beta also to take a look on bugs and how the server works. I hope the files are good.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:12 pm 
Vagabond

Well we want to put in web a counter with the rounds winned by the dusk and the dawn for push a bit to try the side who are losing, we invite both to try to in the beta and the launchment, you can check a very good files with a fresh idea.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:13 pm 
Vagabond

sound like a very fun idea, will check it out, hope many peopel join!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:52 pm 
Vagabond

OPEN BETA TIME CONFIRMATION AND SCHEDULE

OBT will start tomorrow MAY 17TH, AT 18:00 UTC https://time.is/en/UTC

The schedule for the beta and the settings will be the following ones:

Monday 17th: Rates x3, faction war system enabled. For testing starting areas, basic quests and game features.
Tuesday 18th: Rates x10, faction system enabled, NPC buffer and Shop for testing items and some spots more in deep.
Wednesday 19th: Rates x25. Seven Signs system enabled, NPC buffer and shop, for testing the new seven signs system and also the catacombs and necropolis.
Thursday 20th: Rates x50. Everything enabled. NPC buffer and shop. End of OBT at 20.00 UTC.

During beta 2 GMs will be online and attending players requests while the develop team will be fixing on real time whichever issue that may appear.

You can create your account here: https://duskvsdawn.com/how-to-play/

Thank you for participating and have a nice day.

OfflineProfile