Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - C1/C2/C3] Anima x3/x4/x5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:21 am 
Duke

Kush wrote:
the title of the topic cannot be changed? the server is called now Elmorelab

I can change it, does anything else than the name change? Send me the requested title name in PM pls

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - C3=>C5] ElmoreLab x3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:51 pm 
Duke

Changed, let me know if you need any other changes :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:47 pm 
Vassal

Thank you a lot, @Herlitz!

Btw, here is some overview of yesterday's Dion Invasion event. Motivational video for newbies :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:41 pm 
Baron

gz for 1k+

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:15 pm 
Duke

Kush wrote:

gz for 1k+

Gratz as well, quite impressive

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:52 am 
Vagabond

By far the best setup for veterans.

If you are looking for the old nostalgic feeling of this game ..Elmorelab is the place.
Well organized and fair with all players...actually the most active and helpful gm i have ever encountered all this years..Mastertoma is giving us the best possible experience.
Low rates..1 box maximum with a slow but smooth progression threw the game aspects.
Started from C1.. at the moment almost full functional C3 with plans to progress till C5.
A server that is growing everyday ..and last week passed 1k online.
Tired of all this "interlude" servers claiming to be the "real classic"?
Well my fellow Lineagers classic was only the feeling back to 2003.....
Elmorelab is giving that flashback.
Worths a try.

Regards.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:02 am 
Vagabond

Joined this server about 2 weeks ago now and can confirm its a good project.
Files are great and if anything is broken The GM (MasterToma) fixes it very fast.
By far the most active GM I have seen on a project.
Donations are balanced and there is no P2W aspect.

Server has been up for 1 year with progression from C1 -> C5.
Currently we are in C3 and C4 is planned for July 2021.

New players are joining consistently and you can see people in low level areas.
Few days ago we hit 1k online and GM upgraded the server hardware to handle more players.

With the quest Adena rate at x5 its worth doing all quests that give money for a easier start.
Global shout is there for any questions.

Hope to see you there.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - C3 Progression To C5] ElmoreLab x3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:00 pm 
Vassal

I've joined with small cp around a week ago.
I was a little concerned if c3 is not too hardcore but surprise surprise it's still Lineage :)
I am getting even better nostalgic vibe that I've felt when joined DAWN 4 years ago.

I see a lot of new people on low level spots every day which is kinda nice for a server that has 1 year already. Heck people even shouting for top NG or D grade items.

If you are tired of Interlude servers with the same bad files that are starting every month, people are rushing for s grades and heroes and everyone is bored after 3 months – give it a shot.

In my opinion one of the best and unique features of this server is chronicle progression with good scripting. You can start now and you are not so behind like on the server with defined chronicle for a whole lifetime.

for those that want to start I can recommend this link:
https://forum.elmorelab.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=1455&sid=eea502f1028537491bc88c25e8f7364b#p1455

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:38 pm 
Vassal

+1 nice server come and try :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:40 pm 
Vassal

The server definitely has its own charm, is unique and managed quite well. Does that combined make it great? Not necessarily.

Although i must admit 1k online seems nice (with dualbox, even if not everyone is actually dualboxing), market seems pretty dead. Definitely not on a stage as other servers with the same population. I can partly understand that due to the fact that it's been online for so long and most players (from my guess) are the ones that are already established and do not trade often.

Dualbox. Well definitely that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Now, lets talk about the server concept in general. I will bring master toma's own words from his forum how he describes his server, 'treat it as a museum'.
The issue with that is, not many things are done to actually improve the gameplay and enhance it for players. Sadly i do understand not everything can be done with official files. For example, skill queue'ing delay (if someone does not know what that is, there is no real point explaining that, just know that it's annoying from a player's perspective, especially if ur'e a mage)

Another big thing as a concept is that the server is evolving, slowly but surely. That bring's another problem. The class that i'll pick right now, and is established as good/bad in certain aspects with the skillset that it has, will be completely different with the chronicle updates. Basically what changes is the power balance. I do not want my class to change dramatically after i spend time and invest myself to level up and learn how it works on this particular chronicle when so many things will change within few months.

So overall, i admire the effort and the project, i do not see it as a great option from a player's perspective because of those things mentioned above. But it's up to everyone individually to decide if those are the deciding factors for them, just have those in mind if you want to play here.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 pm 
Vagabond

Syrus wrote:
The server definitely has its own charm, is unique and managed quite well. Does that combined make it great? Not necessarily.

Although i must admit 1k online seems nice (with dualbox, even if not everyone is actually dualboxing), market seems pretty dead. Definitely not on a stage as other servers with the same population. I can partly understand that due to the fact that it's been online for so long and most players (from my guess) are the ones that are already established and do not trade often.

Now, lets talk about the server concept in general. I will bring master toma's own words from his forum how he describes his server, 'treat it as a museum'.
The issue with that is, not many things are done to actually improve the gameplay and enhance it for players. Sadly i do understand not everything can be done with official files. For example, skill queue'ing delay (if someone does not know what that is, there is no real point explaining that, just know that it's annoying from a player's perspective, especially if ur'e a mage)

Another big thing as a concept is that the server is evolving, slowly but surely. That bring's another problem. The class that i'll pick right now, and is established as good/bad in certain aspects with the skillset that it has, will be completely different with the chronicle updates. Basically what changes is the power balance. I do not want my class to change dramatically after i spend time and invest myself to level up and learn how it works on this particular chronicle when so many things will change within few months.

So overall, i admire the effort and the project, i do not see it as a great option from a player's perspective because of those things mentioned above. But it's up to everyone individually to decide if those are the deciding factors for them, just have those in mind if you want to play here.

I'm not sure what you were expecting to be honest. It's a private server so of course the files won't be perfect. No C2 and C3 OFF files exist from what I heard, so the upgrades have to be done manually. I joined a few weeks ago. The GM is active daily on discord and has fixed several things since I joined. Not to mention the hardware upgrade that was done on Monday.

For your class issue, I see it as a positive aspect of the server. A progression server does not stall so every class has periods when they are better, just like it was back on retail. To me, staying at the same chronicle is boring because everyone plays the strongest class for that chronicle.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:24 pm 
Vassal

I don't want to be a white knight and defend this server but I just must refer to what Syrus wrote because some cons for Syrus are pros for me.

Syrus wrote:

Admin doesn't want to make his own custom made chronicle with custom features and critical changes to gameplay. He wants to make as close as possible official experience. But we will see what will come in a 2 or 3 years... He said it depends on community of the server.

Syrus wrote:

It's not like admin will change server setup from C3 to Gracia Final in next month. You know exactly what to expect(look on title of this topic). I don't know to what dramatic changes are you refering to exactly?
For me C4 that will come in next 3 or 4 months only is improving C3 experience. Only C5 is changing some of the skills and I like that power balance change but you can adjust... you are well aware of what to expect.

Syrus wrote:

For me dualbox is sweet compromise between no-dualbox and multibox. Overall I prefer to have this option to log and trade between chars and so on.

Syrus wrote:

Market seems pretty dead... with 400 shops in Giran, 80 in Dion and 40 in MDT + couple here and there in every town. Probably you wanted to say that it's hard to find B grades and A grades on the market and I must admit that it's hard to find any shop with A grade full items but A grade was implemented around 5 months ago with C3. People are shouting on global with full items of higher grade gear.

Syrus wrote:

Show me any alternative on the "market" with similar features and chronicle progression. Server that survived 1 year with growing population and friendly community. Stable server with good files, active GM and not P2W donation. I dont want to say that ElmoreLab is perfect. It's not. Official was not perfect either. But its extremely hard to find server like this.

Syrus wrote:

That's true. Like always it depends on what you expect but for me it's worth testing.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:45 pm 
Vassal

Damn did i get dissected ^^
Well, to put the answer as short as possible, as there is no reason to brag about everything, whatever i wrote are only facts and my personal opinion about how do I feel about certain aspects, but also i pointed them out to every potential player to know what to expect.

1. Things change from c3 to c4, that affect pve and pvp. Reuse/cast time/landrates, c4 pts files are up for a grab online so if you know a thing or two you can see how things (skills) work then.
Someone said it's a fun feature, make things more interesting. Well, maybe for some, but like i said, personally i don't want my established class to change over time. It's not gonna increase my 'fun aspect'.

2. You're talking about shops in giran etc. I was in game, i was in those towns, i've seen what the market has to offer, i went through every single shop separately. Me personally, i was not impressed. Which means in my opinion the market is underdeveloped or simply died out of old age if it can be phrased like this.

3. I will not be nitpicking which server is better or worse 'in my opinion', as it wasn't the point of my post to tell people to play somewhere else. But also, things you call positives, a lot of people (myself included) consider to be negatives, hence i was clear to mention them out.

There is no real reason into trying to convince me or anyone else with 'come play i think it's great'. List the features, let people discuss them. That's literally what i did and i'm not sure what you're trying to achieve right now, unless you just want to actually come up with reasons why according to you things pointed out are a good thing instead.

At least you summed yourself up at the end, that FOR YOU it's worth testing. Well im happy you like it yourself, good for you ^^

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm 
Vassal

Syrus I tried to be concise. I just wanted to show you my personal view and refer to your cons.
My intention was not to convince you or anyone that doesn't like server features to 'PLAY HERE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO' 'BEST SERVER EVER'. Lineage 2 Community is heavily divided. Some people are playing only on IL servers or H5 etc. and some only on 'no-dualbox' server. My recommendation is for people that already LIKE server setup and are concerned if it's worth to play and invest their time because not everyone can play 8h a day and some people are looking something for longer. For me this server is not another '3 month cash-grab project' to squeeze money from donation and open another project in next year which is honestly pretty rare in these days...

ad 1. I am not L2 guru if it comes to server files and changes between chronicles but for me you are nitpicking. I wanted from you to show me some example like – on c4 sleep is OP and on C5 nuker's sleep is totally useless because of cast time. This is major change in gameplay. But it's hard for me to find more crucial changes that would come with upper chronicles like kamael or gracia but I understand that you would want to play on a server with one chronicle for the next 5 years.

ad 2. 'i went through every single shop separately' you are a madman! I started about a week ago so I cant say much about economy, everything that I wanted I bought and sold pretty fast. Your 'market is underdeveloped' opinion for 1 year old server might be incorrect because it's pretty rare in these days to see a server that is starting from chronicle 1. I don't know exactly what you expect, for me market is fine, rec's/mats/parts etc. everything is there. Once again I must admit that there is not much b grades and a grades on the market but in the last 3 weeks server increased its online by 200 and economy should improve during time.

ad 3. With all due respect you are giving your opinion and in my opinion some 'facts' are simply not true. Overall I honestly respect your 'feeling' about the server but mine is different and I wanted to let other people know that.

Syrus wrote:
At least you summed yourself up at the end, that FOR YOU it's worth testing. Well im happy you like it yourself, good for you ^^

I am happy that you are happy. Apparently this server is not for you but as I mention above I am not trying to convince everyone to play here. I am giving my own opinion to those that like server features and are considering if it's worth to start.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:37 pm 
Forum Troll

@syrus u are either a troll, either a huge crybaby
all ur arguments are lame (only tangible argument is dead market but u have to work around it too! its part of the game) and i will not even be concise as others cuz after i saw that u complain about skill queing as mage i knew u are a nab
if u dont know why it exists and how to work with it theres no point in further elaborating

go back to l2j mid rates

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next