Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Are there any decent topsites anymore?
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm 
Duke

I was just taking a look at hopzone and topzone and was wondering if there's any decent topsite available?
If not, what would you say the problems with these topsites are? I mean hopzone and topzone clearly don't seem to have any quality servers at the top.
How popular are they anyway, do people actually search for servers in there? I swear just about every private server I tried to play from topsites in the past years have been all crap.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Are there any decent topsites anymore?
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm 
Baron

Icarus wrote:
I was just taking a look at hopzone and topzone and was wondering if there's any decent topsite available?
If not, what would you say the problems with these topsites are? I mean hopzone and topzone clearly don't seem to have any quality servers at the top.
How popular are they anyway, do people actually search for servers in there? I swear just about every private server I tried to play from topsites in the past years have been all crap.

unfortunately no. only l2top.ru i think but there will be only russian projects ;/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 pm 
Duke

I remember earlier this year I saw this guy on MXC trying to do his own L2 topsite project, and it looked very decent... Unfortunately I can't find it now (mostly because the search engine on maxcheaters /and any other forum with this new hip system/ is absolute trash - it never finds what you need and it makes you wait 15 seconds between search attempts), but since I couldn't find it on Google either, it probably didn't age very well.

It's kinda tough, at the point the site grows large, money comes and the site goes sorta irrelevant... Only way to look for servers these days is to make your own research unfortunately :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 pm 
Duke

I understand, thanks for the opinions.
I just find it weird that there's this obvious void where quality topsites should be but nobody's stepping in to fill it? From what I gather a topsite doesn't sound like a complicated project.

If I don't find any obvious pitfalls maybe I'll create one later this year. It's 2019, hosting is cheap.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:59 am 
Elder

Icarus wrote:
I understand, thanks for the opinions.
I just find it weird that there's this obvious void where quality topsites should be but nobody's stepping in to fill it? From what I gather a topsite doesn't sound like a complicated project.

If I don't find any obvious pitfalls maybe I'll create one later this year. It's 2019, hosting is cheap.

Hello, for years I dont use any top site, I usualy see new big projects here: https://en.l2oops.com/

Ive found some nice projects, but unfortunately site is paid so you will see only projects that are willing to invest in campaings

Hope it helps

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:36 pm 
Vagabond

Icarus wrote:

Hey there,

I completely understand your concerns with hopzone and topzone. It's true that the quality of servers at the top of these lists can sometimes be questionable, and over the years, the trust in these topsites has dwindled for many players.

To answer your question about their popularity: Yes, a significant number of players still check out these sites, primarily because they've been around for a long time. However, I've also observed that many veteran players are growing skeptical about the quality of servers they promote.

That said, if you're looking for a reliable place to find new servers, I'd recommend checking out en.l2top.party. It's an announcer for new servers that offers information about both premium and standard Lineage 2 servers. Their list seems to be curated with more attention to quality and authenticity, so it might be exactly what you're looking for.

Hope this helps, and happy gaming!

OfflineProfile