Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: dead forum
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:38 pm 
Viscount

Problem with private servers, is that all chronicles after interlude were made for global without wipes, for people to catch up with old players, vitality, shadow and later full items in shops etc etc etc. Thats why h5 dies in weeks or months, cause to reach endgame it takes month or a bit more if you play a lot. While in older chronicles it took way longer. Also game is mostly dead cause of community that knows way too much on game to enjoy it, rush, using glitches, bots etc, if all would play like they played in c3-c6 times for fun and enjoying game, things would be different, but its impossible to delete knowledge we all know about game...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 pm 
Duke

GraciaFinal wrote:
Problem with private servers, is that all chronicles after interlude were made for global without wipes, for people to catch up with old players, vitality, shadow and later full items in shops etc etc etc. Thats why h5 dies in weeks or months, cause to reach endgame it takes month or a bit more if you play a lot. While in older chronicles it took way longer. Also game is mostly dead cause of community that knows way too much on game to enjoy it, rush, using glitches, bots etc, if all would play like they played in c3-c6 times for fun and enjoying game, things would be different, but its impossible to delete knowledge we all know about game...

*cough* Asterios *cough*

Those guys have a H5 server up and running for like... Dunno, probably since it was released, they're Russians after all. Anyway it has 5k+ online regularly, and I know for sure that the number is legit because I've been there, there're people everywhere. It feels almost nostalgic, I definitely recommend to at least try it even if you don't speak Russian

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:26 am 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
GraciaFinal wrote:

*cough* Asterios *cough*

Those guys have a H5 server up and running for like... Dunno, probably since it was released, they're Russians after all. Anyway it has 5k+ online regularly, and I know for sure that the number is legit because I've been there, there're people everywhere. It feels almost nostalgic, I definitely recommend to at least try it even if you don't speak Russian

Man Russians are fucking crazy with their servers. I've been on many quality Russian servers with huge populations. Eventually quit each one because all Russian in chat isn't fun, but still impressive.
I always got the feeling that they know how to make a proper server.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:09 pm 
Viscount

Herlitz wrote:
GraciaFinal wrote:

*cough* Asterios *cough*

asterios is unique i give them that. But in the end it goes like this, they open new server in a year, next year another, and next another, in 2 3 year they combine two servers into one, and again repeat this. Asterios is very russian server, not friendly to international players, also we all know how corrupt they are, i remember in 2012 or 13 reading on some forums people buying + 16 epics and elegias from admins. Online might be close to what they say during first few months of start. But later it is just offline shops and bots that give that high online numbers.

What i miss are those lineage 2 ro and lineage 2 dex, c6/gracia low rates that were so hyped during 2008-2012, so many international players, decent files, lived long enough to enjoy game... i really miss those older chronicles... all we have now is high five or classic...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:40 am 
Duke

GraciaFinal wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
GraciaFinal wrote:

*cough* Asterios *cough*

asterios is unique i give them that. But in the end it goes like this, they open new server in a year, next year another, and next another, in 2 3 year they combine two servers into one, and again repeat this. Asterios is very russian server, not friendly to international players, also we all know how corrupt they are, i remember in 2012 or 13 reading on some forums people buying + 16 epics and elegias from admins. Online might be close to what they say during first few months of start. But later it is just offline shops and bots that give that high online numbers.

What i miss are those lineage 2 ro and lineage 2 dex, c6/gracia low rates that were so hyped during 2008-2012, so many international players, decent files, lived long enough to enjoy game... i really miss those older chronicles... all we have now is high five or classic...

Well Dex atm has a 7x Gracia Final server which is pretty damn tempting, and the population is healthy too at around 2.5k during peak time. Knowing Dex these files are most likely really good too.

It's a shame they didn't want to open a midrate classic server, it would have been a fucking bomb as far as I'm concerned. People seem to like Classic but it feels like there aren't enough Classic mid rates and no high rates. The files don't even seem to be that expensive either, a Classic 2.0 is pretty cheap and would be enough to start with.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:45 pm 
Duke

Icarus wrote:
It's a shame they didn't want to open a midrate classic server, it would have been a fucking bomb as far as I'm concerned. People seem to like Classic but it feels like there aren't enough Classic mid rates and no high rates. The files don't even seem to be that expensive either, a Classic 2.0 is pretty cheap and would be enough to start with.

Dunno, at this point I'd just wait until the whole Bloody Classic thing enters the scene... It just seems to fit midrate settings much better than the vanilla Classic - on the origo there needs to be everything done and upgraded from scratch, while with the Bloody you just water everything down a bit :) At least from what I've seen so far... But then again it could be a complete mess (I heard they're introducing some kind of legal bot to the KR offic), but you're right that a solid Classic midrate would be a bomb.

/also we should talk to admin about lifting the ban on the embedded quotes, I really miss making the quote pyramids (or tunnels if you will) :lol:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:46 pm 
Viscount

Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:

Bloody Classic

What the hell is bloody classic?

Some clip i made: https://youtu.be/kGv5I6uwfPc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:35 pm 
Viscount

Icarus wrote:
Well Dex atm has a 7x Gracia Final server which is pretty damn tempting, and the population is healthy too at around 2.5k during peak time. Knowing Dex these files are most likely really good too.

problem with dex that many admins changed and many years they failed to deliver. For example even that gracia 7x that they have now, they opened it with almost no commercials before , almost no one knew, unless they go to thier site. Also timing could not be worse, starting just before rpg club or eglobal opens server is suicide. January would have been perfect date, since now people are sitting till next autumn waiting for something come.
About classic im against it, it is again designed for global and extremely low rates, like we seen some privates who tried x20 x30 classic, it died faster than other chronicles. It dont have that unique and oldschool gameplay like c4 c6 had, it feels like all chonicles were mixed into one and was given goddes interface. They should focus on old players, not new ones, who comes from games like aion, guild wars2 or wow, where you have linear quest after quest for items and exp gameplay.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:05 pm 
Duke

miahi wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:

Bloody Classic

What the hell is bloody classic?

It's basically a PvP server version of Classic. It's currently only available in Korea official, but considering its success (over 12k online at its peak), it's expected to spread to west as well.

It's got all the features you'd expect from PvP server, like GM shop, global gatekeeper, NPC buffer, +20 guns, you name it. Like an oldschool 5000x java BR serbidor, just polished into an official server. Apparently people love it, in Korea at least.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 am 
Duke

huh, i guess once in a few years or so i find myself around here to see what happened with the community

kinda neat, kinda shame but expected
lineage 2 seems to sit at the "it's a great game, but there's just no time and place today for what it once was" situation

wanted to just goof around with a couple of friends on a server for some nostalgia and chill, but being now in NA (means sweet-sweet orange county ping), not really having the time and most servers seemingly p2w or the crazy changes to the core gameplay makes it a bit of a longshot

at the very least i figured i'd say 'hi' to the people who by off-chance stumble onto here for a couple minutes like i did
had a lot of awesome memories here, hope it's going well for you guys!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:52 am 
Duke

Hi Lhyno! Yeah the activity isn't what it used to be, now it's mostly for server search/advertising, basically a forum version of L2 top sites :D As for the Classic... Well what's to say, it's real shame how they murdered it with insane P2W. But still, L2 has its core community consisting of people like me who will probably never really stop playing this game, or at least until Lineage 3 of some sort comes out - just today is starting a new czech server http://www.lineage2.cz and I expect it to have around 2k online at start, which is basically same number they've had for last 10 years, and it consists of mostly the same people who simply can't give up on this game, even though many of them have families and other responsibilites... At least few hours with old friends in ToI when kids go to sleep, because all new games are trash anyway :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:41 am 
Marquis

Lhyno wrote:
huh, i guess once in a few years or so i find myself around here to see what happened with the community

kinda neat, kinda shame but expected
lineage 2 seems to sit at the "it's a great game, but there's just no time and place today for what it once was" situation

wanted to just goof around with a couple of friends on a server for some nostalgia and chill, but being now in NA (means sweet-sweet orange county ping), not really having the time and most servers seemingly p2w or the crazy changes to the core gameplay makes it a bit of a longshot

at the very least i figured i'd say 'hi' to the people who by off-chance stumble onto here for a couple minutes like i did
had a lot of awesome memories here, hope it's going well for you guys!

Lol hi newb... :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:33 pm 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Hi Lhyno! Yeah the activity isn't what it used to be, now it's mostly for server search/advertising, basically a forum version of L2 top sites :D As for the Classic... Well what's to say, it's real shame how they murdered it with insane P2W. But still, L2 has its core community consisting of people like me who will probably never really stop playing this game, or at least until Lineage 3 of some sort comes out - just today is starting a new czech server http://www.lineage2.cz and I expect it to have around 2k online at start, which is basically same number they've had for last 10 years, and it consists of mostly the same people who simply can't give up on this game, even though many of them have families and other responsibilites... At least few hours with old friends in ToI when kids go to sleep, because all new games are trash anyway :mrgreen:

oh yeah, if i was still close by to the server location-wise and got sound of the permanent vip boost, i would've considered it (honestly, it pretty much sounds like buying server access for 25 bucks haha), not as horrid as p2w
maybe sometime around when the 2nd moon burns out there will be a decent NA server the next time i have a kick for wanting to play the game a bit in a few years again :P

only one i was familiarized with is something called 'skelth' that supposedly has a 1x classic here without p2w, but i ain't got time for that
sadly the game has caught on little-to-none around here

Kata wrote:

oh, hey, i remember youuuu!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:26 am 
Marquis

Lhyno wrote:

Kata wrote:

And I remember you... How's life? I started playing Eve a while back, but tbh I don't have time for games anymore, or I became a workaholic, depends how you see things...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:26 am 
Duke

Kata wrote:
Lhyno wrote:

Kata wrote:

And I remember you... How's life? I started playing Eve a while back, but tbh I don't have time for games anymore, or I became a workaholic, depends how you see things...

it's taken some crazy turns, but all for the much better
social life has taken a toll on my time with games (most i played was some doom2, souls games and risk of rain 2 the past half-year) basically games that don't require to be a part-time job to enjoy
i'm trying to shift more of the time spent socializing towards work instead

definitely feels like time is always too short, but can't complain, i enjoy not ever being bored haha

OfflineProfile