Post subject: dead forum
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:39 am 
Vagabond

is it dead?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: dead forum
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:32 pm 
Duke

Not many active members, but not dead. We're mostly some old schoolers strolling around from time to time. I check out this forum once a few days.
The action is usually in the Server Discussion area since this forum still has an ok amount of unregistered visitors.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:33 pm 
Viscount

whole game is long dead, forums same. only if you into custom stuff and pvp server you might find something. but for low rates and older chronicles fans, its worthless to search anything here... once a year or less something comes up

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm 
Duke

GraciaFinal wrote:
whole game is long dead, forums same. only if you into custom stuff and pvp server you might find something. but for low rates and older chronicles fans, its worthless to search anything here... once a year or less something comes up

Come on, the game isn't dead :D This is an MMO which functions extremely well with 1k players per world, that's a very low player floor. PvP servers can survive with a few hundred players and be considered healthy.
There aren't many low rates launching because there are a few of them constantly opened at one time and opening more doesn't make sense because people don't jump from low rates servers so easily (plus that it thins the population per server). Plus that you have Skelth which is ok. Not great but passable. TI/Giran don't even deserve a mention, they're close to pay to win.

You also have a lot of populated PvP and midrate servers, I'm actually surprised by the lifespan of some of the PvP ones (L2Damage has constantly been in the top ranks at hopzone for years wtf).

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:58 pm 
Duke

GraciaFinal wrote:

"dead" lol it's been like 1 or 2 months since Bloody Classic in Korea reached over 12k online, which happens to be all-time record. Also the regular Classic NA official had similar 15k+ figures across 4 servers (they actually had to open 2 extra servers because the main servers were constantly at full capacity). I mean yeah, NCwest did everything they could to force the players away with completely idiotic steps, but you can't say there isn't a community wanting to play.

As the forum, obviously it has less traffic than it used to have, but it still has its visitors :) It would help a lot if PMfun somehow got hands on some kind of Classic database though, which is hip these days and the information regarding drops is hard to come by...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:46 pm 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
I mean yeah, NCwest did everything they could to force the players away with completely idiotic steps

Lmao you can say that again. Sometimes I think their intention is to outright kill the game.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:50 am 
Grand Duke

Hello! :o

facepalm.png

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 pm 
Duke

Haha long time.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:53 pm 
Viscount

Icarus wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
I mean yeah, NCwest did everything they could to force the players away with completely idiotic steps

Lmao you can say that again. Sometimes I think their intention is to outright kill the game.

I tried to play NCWest Giran a bit, but it's truly cancerous. Not to mention the situation presented on the forums is really depressing.

The game/server doesn't look dead, but it's really so difficult to do anything that it's not worth it, considering the advantage that you can get by paying(all the exp bonus from vip4, runes, scrolls, adena from adena sellers, etc.).

And since any other decent private is mostly crowded with russians, i guess there isnt any decent place to play.

Some clip i made: https://youtu.be/kGv5I6uwfPc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 pm 
Viscount

someone deleted my comment, i will not write for 10 minutes again... classic is grindfest. all we really need is na/eu/ru off opening c3 c4 c6 maybe gracia servers each, and let people choose where to play.... game is dead since kamaels and atributes. not even mention that fiasco with goddes.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:10 am 
Baron

Whether the game died or not is a subjective question, there just don't seem to be any worth while projects around at the moment. The majority of private servers seem to die rather fast and all of them are made to generate quick money.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 am 
Duke

miahi wrote:
I tried to play NCWest Giran a bit, but it's truly cancerous. Not to mention the situation presented on the forums is really depressing.

The game/server doesn't look dead, but it's really so difficult to do anything that it's not worth it, considering the advantage that you can get by paying(all the exp bonus from vip4, runes, scrolls, adena from adena sellers, etc.).

And since any other decent private is mostly crowded with russians, i guess there isnt any decent place to play.

Yeah I completely agree, that VIP system is outright bullshit. The thing is that you have to pay a lot of money to actually keep it on your account too. I remember it was like $30 outright and then a constant $10 per month in order to keep it or something like that.
And people still buy it because progression is too slow otherwise. Absolute bullshit monetization method.

GraciaFinal wrote:
someone deleted my comment, i will not write for 10 minutes again... classic is grindfest. all we really need is na/eu/ru off opening c3 c4 c6 maybe gracia servers each, and let people choose where to play.... game is dead since kamaels and atributes. not even mention that fiasco with goddes.

Wasn't me, perhaps the comment wasn't submitted properly?
And I agree with you, a retail server with the old C6 or Gracia would be really nice, even subscription-based like Skelth.

The problem however is that it's clear NCSoft doesn't even remotely care about the players, and I think they never did considering how much they profited over the botting issue in the old days and took little action against them for so long.
And this started translating into the private server scene too, look at how many bullshit donation-based servers open and then close a few months later after they cash in and the players leave. And I don't accept the 'it's the community's fault because they get to the endgame then leave' bullshit, you have servers like Dawn which are a testament of how untrue that statement is.

Right now a proper low-mid rate (10-15x) classic server without donations and full buff + good files would be an absolute bomb, Lionna's current server has some good files that were also on l2classic.ws and l2zaken but they kept the silly donations. It's unbelievable how such good files are going to shit because of greed.

Brick wrote:
The majority of private servers seem to die rather fast and all of them are made to generate quick money.

Exactly this. The funny part is that it's the main reason the game looks like it's dying. Private servers have always propelled L2 far higher than what retail could have ever achieve, precisely because they lacked the same greed and fixed the things which retail did wrong.
Now we have the same greed in the private server scene:
- equipment donations which monopolize the economy to a few top clans, while the regular players are forced to join them or wear dicks as equipment
- unbelievably poorly thought topzone websites which encourage vote rewards for servers to stay in the top

These 2 things make sure that low quality servers can stay on top of the rankings while actual good servers get drowned by the lack of votes because they don't want to tarnish the gameplay with something as silly as vote rewards. L2Dawn wasn't even remotely in the top spots, and iirc neither was L2Shrine when its population was higher.

If only we had a good topzone where actual quality servers would get promoted instead of the servers with the best vote rewards.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 pm 
Duke

GraciaFinal wrote:

That's strange, my post that I've sent earlier today (or yesterday afternoon for that matter, kind of losing track of time lately) has also mysteriously disappeared.

Either we have a rogue mod over here or there's something wrong with messages being saved to the boards. One way or another, definitely a thing to look at.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:16 am 
Viscount

Herlitz wrote:
(or yesterday afternoon for that matter, kind of losing track of time lately)

take it slow with the weed man

Some clip i made: https://youtu.be/kGv5I6uwfPc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:02 pm 
Grand Duke

miahi wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
(or yesterday afternoon for that matter, kind of losing track of time lately)

take it slow with the weed man

Want me to ban him? I still got the power, apparently. :mrgreen:

facepalm.png

OfflineProfile