Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Looking for a server with character customization
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:52 pm 
Baron

I dont know if its even possible to do in L2 (although it should be IMO since the official L2 kinda has it nowadays), but is there any server that lets you play like in other RPGs and actually modify stats of your character and learn skills individually without class limitations?

So for example at the starting screen, you could give the character more dex but less str etc. Then as you level up you learn skills individually regardless of race and class.

Im looking for it just for testing purposes and out of curiosity, but if there is a serious server with these features, I would appreciate if the skills cost differently depending on how powerful they are. Kiss of Eva should be much cheaper than for example Frenzy. Also there should be the maximum amount of skills per category you can have and also the total limit of skills, so that you can never have all skills at once, or all OP skills at once.

But again, Im just curious and want to try it out, so whatever fits the description in some way, I want to hear about it.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Looking for a server with character customization
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:46 pm 
Duke

Haven't seen it before but interesting concept.

That's kinda what races are for though, and I think stats aren't balanced enough to allow for player customization. I mean think about it, everyone would just roll Destros with low CON for PvE and mages with low MEN for PvP.
Maybe it could be done with some limitations, like orcs still having high CON but being able to modify +/- 3 or something.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:48 pm 
Baron

Well, I personally dont know, and if that kind of server was about to be created now, I would recommend giving players the freedom first, collecting data, and doing the balancing based on the results. Only then can we see what would be truly OP/UP.

Although I dont think the balance would be much worse than in the original game. After all, in L2 there are already some classes OP for PVP or PVE etc.

As for races, yes they offer different stats, but you arent allowed to be for example human destroyer or orc gladiator etc., which is very limiting. Even the small feature allowing all classes for all races would help a lot in terms of variety and fun.

Anyway, I dont want this thread to be about balancing or whatnot, Im willing to try any server with the features I wrote about, balanced or not. I want some fresh air and finally after all those years get out of the damn box.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:49 am 
Duke

Yeah I hear ya and you raise good points, such a server would definitely pique my interest just because it would be something new.
I've played a few custom servers in my days and definitely enjoyed those who were thought out (L2Gold was my favourite by far).

It doesn't even sound like custom attribute values would be so hard to implement tbh, especially on something as open as L2j. The client side functionality would be the harder part.

You would think that after such a long time of playing the same chronicles the community would be more open-minded regarding custom servers. I'm actually surprised that almost no server even takes initiative in personally balancing the obviously broken classes.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:56 am 
Baron

Well, custom servers have a bad reputation, often because by custom things theyre trying to compensate their inability to work properly (retail-like) and because when you see something custom, its over the top.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:17 pm 
Elder

Regarding the skills without class limitations part, there is an interesting project called GoldenL2.eu.

It's a multiskill server, in which you get a certain amount of skill certificates at different lvls (10, 20, 30, 40, 52, 61, 76, 80 and 85 IIRC) and you can use those to buy skills from all classes. After you're lvl 80+, you can then spend EXP to buy extra certificates, so there's virtually an infinite growth when it comes to skills. Passives, Actives, Buffs, Attack, Magic and Summon skills are arranged in those categories so you can easily find the skill you want to buy. They come in the form of Forgotten Scrolls.

The rates are hardcore (less than x1).

I played there for a while, and stopped because my old Interlude clan came back so I'm playing with them on a low rate, but I remember Golden as a pretty fun server to fool around.

The website is very basic, but the Discord server is usually populated and there's people that will answer all your questions.

The server has some custom features, like a very detailed champion mob system with 3 tiers, custom endgame weapons and armors that are difficult to farm, a custom potion system (Juices from chests stack with normal buffs), all buffs last 2 hours except for stuff like appetite for destruction, etc.

It's a one man operation, but the Admin is usually pretty active on Discord and he's constantly adding content. I know these types of servers usually don't garner a big population, so there are not that many online, but the ones that do play are very active.

If I ever stop playing Interlude with my clannies, I'll definitely go back there to chill out, since there's single character botting allowed and I've always like the concept of multiskill servers.

Edit: Here's an old pic. As you can see, I'm a Doombringer but I can spoil, and also have some other good self buffs from classes like Tyrant, SwS and stuff.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 pm 
Baron

Thanks for the tip, I just might try it out. I doubt Ill stay there long because of the bot rule and rates, but its definitely interesting.

BTW, is the number of skills limited? Or can you just have all skills in the game if you put time into farming exp? I would much rather have a server where the total amount of skills is limited, but even if it isnt, it will be fun to play.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 pm 
Elder

MaxTunnerX wrote:
Thanks for the tip, I just might try it out. I doubt Ill stay there long because of the bot rule and rates, but its definitely interesting.

BTW, is the number of skills limited? Or can you just have all skills in the game if you put time into farming exp? I would much rather have a server where the total amount of skills is limited, but even if it isnt, it will be fun to play.

You could esentially have all the skills. It does take a long time to rack up the needed exp though. It's 2 billion exp for each skill certificate.

Like I said, botting is allowed on single characters (they need to be alone).

If you want to learn more, ask around on Discord, and check the patch notes channel, there's lots of info there.

The server is very silly and relaxing/chill for the most part. For example, there's no grade penalty. You can wear S84 from lvl 1, making buffer boxes and stuff easy to exp. Also, you can learn high level summons at lvl 2. Get a Feline King and leveling will be super easy until 60+ (can't raid though, you'll get raid curse).

Premium accounts ($10, come with 1100 support coins) can use a command with scheme buffs for 2 hours and have double rates.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:11 pm 
Baron

Im playing the server now and it definitely isnt a server for me for various reasons, but (and thats a big BUT), it offers me the chance to try out multiskill, which is the most basic thing I wanted to try out. So thanks for bringing it to my attention and keep multiskill servers coming. In the meantime I will horse around and enjoy the beautiful version of Giran. Honestly, Ive never even imagined it looking so beautiful , with all that grass and light textures and whatnot. Really nice and fresh.

If anyone else finds a multiskill server too, let me know of course, still looking for more/better.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:08 pm 
Baron

So, no other servers?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 pm 
Baron

Looking for MOAR multiskill servers.

BTW L2Golden is pretty weird that it only allows class change through donations, it is a 1x server but still, you get over 40 really fast due to soloing RBs and stuff. Quite satisfied with the multi skill system, although I'd prefer the skills didn't have max rank from the start but rather level up according to your level, just like your own skills.

OfflineProfile