Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: low rate
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:57 pm 
Vagabond

Hello, i'm gonna try low rate interlude server for the first time. Which classes are easiest to xp in interlude? Will play solo or duo with my friend, gonna try main+wc/prp+bd/sws boxes.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: low rate
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:13 am 
Elder

Interlude is a fairly easy chronicle to PvE in, there are several classes you can do well with, but I'm gonna suggest the two most popular classes and the ones I think are the best.

1. Mage - Mystic Muse. Get an EE and both BD/SwS and you will be a farm machine. Popular spots like Stakato Nest for Zero Hour quest or Forge of The Gods will be a breeze to farm.

2. Melee - Titan. Get WC+BD+SwS and easily make trains at FoG, also provides insane damage against raidbosses with Frenzy and Zealot. Great for farming Beast Farm quest too.

Those are the most popular farm classes in Interlude from what I've seen. Though there are others that are also decent, like Warlords, Spellhowlers and stuff.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:51 am 
Elder

HagenEx wrote:
1. Mage - Mystic Muse. Get an EE and both BD/SwS and you will be a farm machine. Popular spots like Stakato Nest for Zero Hour quest or Forge of The Gods will be a breeze to farm.

I agree with almost, except that, IMO, I rather go with SPH for mage than SPS. It has curse death link, more m attack (for 1 shot mobs is very useful) and has body to mind. IMO the best mage to go on IL, even if you chose just SE for box, or SE+BD or anything else. Plus you can use death spike to save mana if you are willing to use cursed bones. Same for necro (very good in PVP too).

As said, warlords are very powerful, but only if you have good buffs (and for that I say at least WC+BD+SWS), else go for destro (more versatile since you can pole, 2h sword or go for raid pt).

With all that said, keep in mind to choose any class that fits your gameplay style, because low rate demands intense grinding sometimes and this can be very boring if you go for the wrong class (for me, I cant stand playing with mages, because I hate stopping to pick up things, eventhough they level faster).

Anything else, feel free to ask.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:42 am 
Vagabond

I was thinking about farming 24/7 with titan myself.
But if i decide to play with mage, why sps and sph are better than necro? I feel like in low rate server where noone has full buffs and resists necro should be strongest mage in 1x1 with transfer pain and pretty good stats? Also i always saw him as decent pve character because of cdl and vampiric claw?

Also which low level quests/tactics are good for making early adena for 1st and 2nd proffesion and d/c grades?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:51 pm 
Marquis

sph is the worst mage in interlude for pvp . for pve necro/sph > sps/sorc.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:20 pm 
Duke

bemyfrag wrote:

There's no 'worst mage' because they're all better at certain things, and it depends on the level as well.

If you mean 1v1 in the endgame between these 4 nukers, you're completely wrong as the SH is basically an anti-mage because of two reasons:
1. Arcane Power gives percentage-based Matk; SH has the highest Matk by far, it's about 30% higher than a SPS and 13% higher than a Necro/Sorc. This ensures the SH and SPS have the highest DPS of all mages.
2. Wind Vortex heavily slows casting speed. And it slows it percentage-based off of the total casting speed after all modifiers, which is a big deal.
Necro only stands a consistent chance against the SH because of Transfer Pain.
Sure, the SPS and Sorc can cancel some important buffs, but there's no such chance if the 1v1 starts at long range because they would be half dead before finishing the cast. Same goes for Silence/Doom/Arcane Chaos attempts.

Vs fighters the SPS and Sorc are the best, SPS excels against kiteable fragile classes because of Ice Vortex' high speed slow while Sorc is decent against fighers in general because of Fire Vortex' high atk speed slow.
SH is not good in these situations, he's food for daggers for examples. He only works well against tanks because nukers just counter tanks.

However before lvl 78 the SH is the weakest in 1v1 against other nukers, I think he only stands a chance against the Sorc.
In PvE it's clearly Necro/SH > Sorc > SPS, similar to what you said.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:17 pm 
Vassal

Icarus wrote:
bemyfrag wrote:

There's no 'worst mage' because they're all better at certain things, and it depends on the level as well.

If you mean 1v1 in the endgame between these 4 nukers, you're completely wrong as the SH is basically an anti-mage because of two reasons:
1. Arcane Power gives percentage-based Matk; SH has the highest Matk by far, it's about 30% higher than a SPS and 13% higher than a Necro/Sorc. This ensures the SH and SPS have the highest DPS of all mages.
2. Wind Vortex heavily slows casting speed. And it slows it percentage-based off of the total casting speed after all modifiers, which is a big deal.
Sure, the SPS and Sorc can cancel some important buffs, but there's no such chance if the 1v1 starts at long range because they would be half dead before finishing the cast. Same goes for Silence/Doom/Arcane Chaos attempts.

Vs fighters the SPS and Sorc are the best, SPS excels against kiteable fragile classes because of Ice Vortex' high speed slow while Sorc is decent against fighers in general because of Fire Vortex' high atk speed slow.
SH is not good in these situations, he's food for daggers for examples. He only works well against tanks because nukers just counter tanks.

However before lvl 78 the SH is the weakest in 1v1 against other nukers, I think he only stands a chance against the Sorc.

Imagine telling people what mage is the best based on theory and statistics LUL If you ever played lineage 2 you would know that the best pvp mage even 1vs1 is sps, don't post bullshit like this lmfao

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 pm 
Vagabond

painn wrote:
I was thinking about farming 24/7 with titan myself.
But if i decide to play with mage, why sps and sph are better than necro? I feel like in low rate server where noone has full buffs and resists necro should be strongest mage in 1x1 with transfer pain and pretty good stats? Also i always saw him as decent pve character because of cdl and vampiric claw?

Also which low level quests/tactics are good for making early adena for 1st and 2nd proffesion and d/c grades?

yes it's good for solo pve bcoz of cdl and body to mind. As for pvp it's the strongest early on but falls down later, in 2018 it doesn't matter that it's low rate people log 2-3 boxes and run nearly fullbuffed all the time, in this case the best pvp mage you can make is sps, necro is easy to resist later on.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:13 pm 
Duke

yTr wrote:
Icarus wrote:
bemyfrag wrote:

Imagine telling people what mage is the best based on theory and statistics LUL If you ever played lineage 2 you would know that the best pvp mage even 1vs1 is sps, don't post bullshit like this lmfao

You know, your opinion is welcome right up until you decide to become a hilarious little smartass, so I'm going to disregard this comment and assume you haven't actually played Interlude in your life.
I especially liked the 'statistics' part, apparently you aren't educated enough to understand what statistics deals with.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:37 pm 
Duke

Yo how about we all chill out for a bit? Arguing about nonsense, no need to get any offensive when you present your opinion guys :idea:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 am 
Duke

Ytr, randomeu and mysterious person (same guy, 3 accounts) has been banned for a month. Happy vacation!
I've cleaned up the topic.

fosho!

OfflineProfile