Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: DEX CLASSIC SERVER 1.5 - 2.0 BETA ON
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:15 pm 
Marquis

In order to enter server you need to download the patch
https://forum.lineage2dex.com/resources/48/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:50 am 
Viscount

Well I tryed both beta servers.. and I can tell for sure that they feel harder then 1x interlude.. and the main problem is adena rate that sux.. I really dont understand why make a server with 4x xp and 2.5x adena rate.. anyway I compared the xp gain vs official info.. the xp rate is 3.1 3.2 smthing like that ..

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:15 am 
Marquis

Almost time

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:08 pm 
Duke

First off, an x10 classic would be far more successful while still being very long lived. 2.5x adena on a 4x Classic is an extremely poor choice. Skelth, which is 1x across the board already had issues with literally everyone being broke and barely affording soulshots. Change the adena rate to 4x while keeping the same spoil rate/mechanic.

tutanka wrote:
Dex was always a low rate network .

What? You haven't made a low-rate server in years, do you think we're fucking stupid?
I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt but I've changed my mind since you're bullshitting us in the face.

tutanka wrote:
Often we hear questions about Donate Shop - so we give the answer and make it clear :)
Donation is minimal, no equipment, just consumables, scrolls, decorations, etc. Everything is almost the same as on the official servers of Korea.

You mean unlike your other servers from the past few years, all of which which have had the average lifespan of a common house fly?

I donated to your sorry asses in order to show my appreciation for the great time you've given me on the old x4 Dex. I couldn't donate back then because I was a damn kid with little money so I did it a few years ago just because I could afford it, no strings attached.
I then decided to try out the mid-rate server that you had opened at that time, I believe it was called Areon? Do you know what I got for those 10EUR I donated to you? I sold the donation coins to the other players on the market and bought full +3/4 S-grade equipment and I even had money to spare.
I'm looking at Union right now and you have fucking A and S-grade equipment in your shop for donation coins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only reason you've made donation coins untradeable (and removed the equipment donation) on Classic is because you know it won't work on such a low-rate server.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you create a private Lineage 2 server you can do it in one of 2 ways:
a) strive to create a server which the community loves (see L2Dawn)
b) create a server for profit (see all your recent servers)

You've chosen b) over a) 19 times out of 20. You don't even realize what the community wants right now. They want a normal mid-rate server with no stupid donations or retarded vote rewards (see Warland - good potential, hilariously incompetent execution). And I blame the topsites for this as well.

You are everything that's wrong with the L2 private server scene, and that's a damn shame because you're some of the only people around with good OFF files.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:58 pm 
Duke

Icarus, you're still alive!! :shock: First Eurphoria, now you, what next, GoDs3nD or guzeris? :mrgreen:

Anyway, agree with what you said there - I said it multiple times, there's absolutely zero reason to open lowrate Classic server right now, but there're hundreds or thousands of players waiting for a relevant Classic midrate server. Dex can make a good server, it's such a damned shame they didn't make their research...

If they decided to make that MR and make it 1 of the 20 as you said, I'm having no doubts it would be absolutely legendary. Perhaps a bit higher rates than you said, maybe 20-25x, on 2.0 you can't hit max level anyway so it wouldn't be an issue...

Back then when Dex announced they're making a new Classic server I thought to myself, "this is it", because there obviously are a lot of old players who want to come back to this game and Classic is exactly what people wanted, but there's two kinds of these players right now:
a) People who can afford to spend enough time in the game. These players are either on Innova, RU classic or Classic.Club
b) People who can't afford to spend enough time in the game. These players are waiting for a Classic server with higher rates.

And this is where the imb4 fusion would happen - Dex have a huge name which many people know and they obviously had the emails from players who played there in the past because I've recieved one as well... If only they sent that they're opening a midrate instead...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:58 pm 
Duke

Hey Herlitz, long time man. Yeah I'm still lurking around from time to time searching for decent servers as I'm a bit nostalgic about the game, I long for the fun times I used to have with it.
I've played on Skelth for a bit but it's way too hardcore for the amount of time I've got available. On one hand it's retail so my stuff will always be there, but on the other hand you need so much time to become anywhere near relevant PvP-wise.

I'd be fine with a 20-25x too as you suggested, but I realize that server makers are a bit weary of jumping the gun too fast with the rates since they probably wanna milk low rates as much as they can. That's why I suggested 10x, it's a decent compromise between low and mid-rate.

At its core, I think the problem is that the L2 private server community has gotten so much shit in the past few years that they've gotten used to donation and vote reward-driven servers. The fact that topsites have APIs which can allow the server makers to check whether a certain IP has voted is a big part of the problem. It's sad to see the scene becoming so bad.

Nonetheless, if Dex would have opened a higher-rate classic it would have been fucking huge indeed. The most popular servers nowadays are mid-rates because we, the generation who was there when Lineage 2 was popular, have grown up and don't have that much time on our hands anymore. Responsibilities get in the way.

I'll probably try out this Dex classic server for a bit, just to see how the implementation looks like. But at 4x rate I might as well go back to Skelth honestly.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:01 pm 
Marquis

high rate server dont last . never will .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:19 pm 
Duke

None of us were talking about high rates. Only mid rates.
Your servers don't last because you can buy equipment with real money, simple as that.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:54 pm 
Marquis

Icarus wrote:
Your servers don't last because you can buy equipment with real money, simple as that.

on low rate was never the case , so you talk nonsense
if you talk about coop with liru into their projects , we were just partners not server makers . Last dex server was made some time ago .
In this classic server we set our goal not for income but for longevity .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:12 pm 
Vagabond

tutanka wrote:
Icarus wrote:

if you talk about coop with liru into their projects , we were just partners not server makers . Last dex server was made some time ago .

Why bother posting if you don't give a crap about what players want? It seems to me that every argument is immediately turned down and keep it your way.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:23 pm 
Marquis

better check how many poll were made for the server
https://forum.lineage2dex.com/forums/191/

our discord chat is always open https://discordapp.com/invite/qv5ZsJ

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:47 pm 
Duke

You listened to the community? Did you even consider asking the GENERAL Lineage 2 community what they want in a new server? Or do you consider YOUR community as being the general Lineage 2 community? Less than 100 people voting in a poll about tradeable or untradeable ToDs is not a sufficient sample size in order to form a proper opinion about what the community wants. Why didn't you ask opinions in this thread? Why didn't you go over to other general Lineage 2 forums and ask what the community wants in a server?

You didn't even ask anyone about what chronicle they want. You just said: we're doing a Classic server and allowed them to vote on the rates. How is that listening to the community? And how do you think they know what kind of adena rate they need? Most of them haven't played Classic. There are things which shouldn't be up to the community when they aren't familiar with the version of the game.

Do you know what the L2 community really wants right now? A low-rate Gracia server, proper low and mid-rate Interlude servers or a mid-rate Classic server.
Had you been on the Lineage 2 subreddit before they forbade private server discussions, you'd know all of this. Your community merely voted for a low-rate Classic because they're tired of your fucked up mid-rates.

tutanka wrote:

No buddy, I'm not talking nonsense; your low rates were successful because they didn't have messed up donations, why are you lying again? Or are you genuinely so out of touch that you believe the donations don't impact your servers' lives?

That 'partnership' argument is the most pathetic excuse I've seen in my life. Your webpage is lineage2dex.com, isn't it? You promoted those fucked up mid-rate servers with horrible donation rewards, yes? People saw them as YOUR servers. There's absolutely nothing else that matters.

At this point you're honestly using the Dex name in order to make some cash. At least you renounced the stupid donation system on Classic. That way you have a chance.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:46 pm 
Baron

it is all known that l2dex don't exists anymore. russians bought it and hides behind the name.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:42 am 
Marquis

So much hate for kids these days :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:51 pm 
Vagabond

tutanka wrote:
So much hate for kids these days :)

We're the same kids that 10 years ago were 16 y/o when we started playing on dex, some of us even back in 2006. The same kids that formed your community and nowdays you don't give a shit about our opinion :)

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next