Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I'm new and i need an advice
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:17 am 
Vagabond

Hey, I'm new here and i would like to say that this site helped me alot! now i have some questions:

1. Does the Paladin skill Aegis Stance adds P. Def like the skill Guard Stance? I have played in a server that it did add defense but i don't understand why because it doesn't show it adds P def...

2. Paladin VS Temple Knight- its a hard dilema for me... I want a tank that could tank OK but could PvP good... I think that Temple Knight has higher P. Def but lacks PvP skills. (BTW when i say temple knight i also mean eva's templer and paladin as phoenix knight)

PvP skills that Temple Knight use in PvP:
1. Arrest, of course
2. Entangle, but why do you need it if you have arrest?
3. CUBICS! strom cubic does lame damage and the healing cubic hardly heals!
4. Sprint makes Temple Knight the fastest tank, which is good in some servers that have PvP events that you can't use anything but self buffs on
5. Guard Stance, holy armor, shield fortress... Stance+Fortress=good Shield Def
6. "I'd better think fast or I'm dead"- UD, Vengeance...
7. shield bash, and that magic reflecting shield :p

PvP skills for Paladin:
1. SHIELD STUN -_-
2. SHIELD SLAM -_-
3. UD, Vengeance, ANGELIC ICON
4. Shackle...
5. Physical Mirror :roll:

Temple Knight VS P attacker: Might be good here. UD and vengeance could come to save the day, and lets not forget your shields. Solid Defense, pretty bad attack... However what I like doing when I pvp is doing arrest and start sniping the enemy (unless he's an archer, and if thats the case i arrest him and does UD near him)... so yeah it could be solid here
Temple Knight VS M attacker: Ohh... Crap. Temple Knight Can't Stun. Can't Stun=No victory :(
The Knight would do too low damage in order to just "beat the mage", doesn't matter if its a spellhowler, necro, spellsinger...

Paladin VS P attacker: Good! Daggers would fall :P Shield Stun, Shield Slam, Physical Mirror... Even destroyers could be beaten if you slam them! and of course, the paladin has backup hits: Angelic Icon, UD, Vengeance...
Paladin VS M attacker: Still Solid! Stun likes mages, and yes, if you can to the 30% hp area the icon would still be there for you (along with the defene skills), so even if the enemy has Majestic he's beatable...

SO, which one should i take? and please answer my first question :o

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:14 pm 
Vagabond

Well the description of the skill is ''Provides defense from all directions when a shield is equipped. Decreases one`s shield defense strength.''

So im thinking that this has nothing to do with p.def :/
Im a true follower of that the Paladin means a dagger killer :wink:
And i think that this skill is just about the dagger cuz look(Provides defense from all directions) so that means no backstab eh :P
The Templar has Aegis too but look good its passive .

The things u said r all true except the P def b/n the 2 char-s Paladin>Temple Knight( P.Def)
U list all of the solo PvP skills of them.What about Sacrifice =O damn with this u could save ur m8 ass ^^ and then the blessing, yea ur not a bish but hey u can heal very well when there's nothing to interrupt u. And bout mages :twisted: Dude the necro will run like hell when he see u :D if u succeed to banish his summon then stun him he is down :P
Yet if u dont succed root the mofo stun him(transfer pain doesnt work when he is putted on sleep or stun ^^)

And finaly both the Pala and the Templar have Touch of Life
:shock:
Imagine u have a destro on ur side :D
Weeee 214141244kk hp and thxbbcya
So yea the Templar is good char too but cant compare to the Pala ^^

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 pm 
Vagabond

the elf has more p def as far as i know, yes he doesn't have majesty but he does have Guard Stance which adds alot of P.def+Shield Rate... So if aegis stance doesn't add any P.def the Temple Knight has more P.Def. about the M.def, i think its the same since the effect of Spirit Barrier and Iron Will is the same...

but honestly, the Temple Knight is not a very good PvP char next to the other tanks;
DA has a panter and a stun,
Paladin has Angelic Icon and a stun,
SK has GOOD cubics and debuffs,
Temple Knight has no debuffs, no stun, only BAD cubics

basically the only 2 useful skills that the TK can use are Arrest on the target and Ultimate Defense... and the rest of the tanks can do it too, but they have their own unique skills...

SO yes temple knight is useful against these annoying HE and SR who wear majestic, but its not very critical, cuz Tanks other tanks can beat him, Tyrant, Destroyer and Gladiator should be able to beat him (maybe the tyrant will fall but its hard to tell), Daggers would fall i guess, but hey... all mages can beat the TK! Shield Bash can act like silence in some cases but Paladin has Shield Stun for mages AND shield slam for p.attackers!
SOOOO yeah i think that paladin is a better char now, i hope that if they make a new chronicle they'll give TK Angelic Icon as well since he's a "holy knight" like the paladin (Banish is cool, but not critical)

and yes I know about touch of life, but if you get 1 hit during the casting (which is pretty long compared to icon, ud and vengeance) its gone

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:46 pm 
Vagabond

When you are using shield and if you have success at blocking some hit its with less damage. On shield block your shield defense is added to your physical defense and thus you get less damage.

Aegis Stance provides the ability to block hits from all directions even if your shield is not in front of the enemies.

The skill is very useful if there are more enemies or the tank is running from them for example if there is train after him :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:35 pm 
Vagabond

i know, but does it add direct P.def like Guard Stance?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:14 am 
Vagabond

t that :)

and yea the Templar needs to be little nerfed if u ask me :P

Banish cant crit can lethal .

And about the aegis im confused now just like u hope some1 have the answer ^^

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: I'm new and i need an advice
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:36 am 
Baron

Since these posts are from 2007 I believe you are playing on Interlude.
I'd say pala is which you should go for. It's way more useful in pvp or pve than TK. It have Icon and spammable heals.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: I'm new and i need an advice
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:33 pm 
Duke

WalkingCat wrote:
Since these posts are from 2007 I believe you are playing on Interlude.
I'd say pala is which you should go for. It's way more useful in pvp or pve than TK. It have Icon and spammable heals.

confused.jpg

Will you please take me timetraveling with you? :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile