Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Interlude - Gladiator or Tyrant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:58 am 
Vagabond

I know that there are some topics like this one already but most of the answers there are not objective to each of them.

I want only objective answers in that matter because I know each of them has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Lets start with facts:

1) Tyrant without it's totems on is faster on running speed which is very important when kiting melee fighters such as destroyers.
Though totems really improve the abilities of the tyrant, however, consider the fact that changing totems while combat is a little delay which will finally cause you "spending" skill time as another character will hit you in that time.
Tyrant has light armor mastery so consider that using heavy will inflict a penalty on critics and atk.speed and speed aswell.
Light armor means less p.def in combat, consider that ogre totem reduce your speed which will make u easier target for kiting.
Zealot is nice but it comes on 30% hp which is already near death so consider it vs hard damage.
Fists have special ability.
Tyrant has more m.def.
Stun skills and cripple are pretty nice and can come in handy against mages and archers.

2) Gladiator has higher p.def and p.atk and atk.speed than tyrant(without totems) which makes him pretty much permanent on those stats for the whole combat because gladiator doesnt have skills like totems except for duelist spirit.
lion heart are great but consider the fact that it can be used once in a battle since reuse is long.
Gladiator is wearing heavy armor and it makes him hard to kill with melee hits.

Now the questions(Please answer them with the numbers):

1) When a fight occurs between those two, who would likely to win? (Same gear grade, same player skill)?
2) Against other chars (nukers, tankers, archers, daggers, etc) who would have more wins against other varieties of classes (same gear grade, same player skill)?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Interlude - Gladiator or Tyrant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:13 pm 
Marquis

summoner1 wrote:
I know that there are some topics like this one already but most of the answers there are not objective to each of them.

I want only objective answers in that matter because I know each of them has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Lets start with facts:

1) Tyrant without it's totems on is faster on running speed which is very important when kiting melee fighters such as destroyers.
Though totems really improve the abilities of the tyrant, however, consider the fact that changing totems while combat is a little delay which will finally cause you "spending" skill time as another character will hit you in that time.
Tyrant has light armor mastery so consider that using heavy will inflict a penalty on critics and atk.speed and speed aswell.
Light armor means less p.def in combat, consider that ogre totem reduce your speed which will make u easier target for kiting.
Zealot is nice but it comes on 30% hp which is already near death so consider it vs hard damage.
Fists have special ability.
Tyrant has more m.def.
Stun skills and cripple are pretty nice and can come in handy against mages and archers.

2) Gladiator has higher p.def and p.atk and atk.speed than tyrant(without totems) which makes him pretty much permanent on those stats for the whole combat because gladiator doesnt have skills like totems except for duelist spirit.
lion heart are great but consider the fact that it can be used once in a battle since reuse is long.
Gladiator is wearing heavy armor and it makes him hard to kill with melee hits.

Now the questions(Please answer them with the numbers):

1) When a fight occurs between those two, who would likely to win? (Same gear grade, same player skill)?
2) Against other chars (nukers, tankers, archers, daggers, etc) who would have more wins against other varieties of classes (same gear grade, same player skill)?

still winner can be decided by just by luck... one or few skills dont work and u are dead man. but as a big fan of tyrant i would still say duelist (and since this is c6 u are asking), if tyr uses light armor no doubt, h>L in these kind of fights, some might argue that tyr has zealot + bizon, but they dont give any p def, just attacking skills, so if timed perfect duelist just use barrier during zealot/bizon and finishes tyr. There is always factors who can make even best duelist loose, one is barrier cancel, if tyr can interupt barrier, or if tyr stun/augument works on right time... its hard to say, but as i seen in my experience even best tyrants in c6 loosing to duelist. In later chronicles its a bit different, but c6 i would say duelist.
vs other classes, he owns most of them, just elemental summoner, overlord, wc, prp, maybe pro ee/bs and destro is hard fights to duelist. others are eassy if u master skill combos and barrier usage.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:36 am 
Vagabond

Gladiator has higher p.def and p.atk and atk.speed than tyrant(without totems) which makes him pretty much permanent on those stats for the whole combat because gladiator doesnt have skills like totems except for duelist spirit.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:15 am 
Vassal

I think gladiator better than tyrant

OfflineProfile