Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Remind me about C4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:30 am 
Vagabond

Hello, I’m thinking about returning to C4 (x1 server) again, not sure if I really would or would nostalgia eventually leave me alone, but planning is rather fun by itself… The problem is that I don’t quite remember C4 balance nuances, well, I’m sure that mass pvp was all about mages and archers, while Necro, summoners and OL was dominating Olympiad, but not much more.

I was maining Destroyer and Tyrant in old days, both are great, both are fun, yet I think to give a try to something “new”, maybe Gladiator or SK… But it’s C4 and I don’t remember them to be good there. I mostly interested in Olympiad and minor pvp on spots.

SK at least looks fun (similar to orcs) in terms of different strategies, like when you juggle weapons and armor to squeeze maximum out of situation, bow/mage weapons to kite or “reach”, blunt against rogues, don’t know, two-handed sword against mages etc.

And Gladiator… is rather straightforward all about quality of equipment and current chronicles. Without any “smart” tactics like it was with Tyr when you needed to use heavy armor and time Ogre totem to beat other warriors (Gladiator). :mrgreen:

So, would appreciate if you share with me you memories about how good were those classes or maybe even suggest something else.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Remind me about C4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:38 pm 
Duke

A bit late, but... As far as I remember, it was mostly archer/mage chronicle, you could mostly drop any non-tank char with 2 crits so it was kinda pointless to play anything outside of mage/archer/tank/healer/support because mid- and short- range chars usually died before they got close enough to really do anything.

I do remember however that there were cheeki breeki strategies with destros/tyrants playing with bow (afaik there were no limitations on weapon type on Frenzy/Totems so you could imagine)... Gladis weren't played much iirc because they didn't have many skills to abuse with a bow :? on the other hand SK has been a solid pick throughout the history of L2 :wink:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Remind me about C4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:17 pm 
Vagabond

I profoundly like your dedicated abilities as the post you distributed has some incredible data which is very valuable for me.

OfflineProfile