Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Which one is the best archer? (Except from elfs)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:28 pm 
Vagabond

Which one is the best archer? (Except from elfs)
If you can answer me please tell why. Thanks :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Which one is the best archer? (Except from elfs)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:17 am 
Viscount

human hawkeye, almost in every chronicle they are best, what chronicle you play in?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:23 pm 
Elder

Human archer kinda sux compared to he others, but still remain popular as most players tend to favorize humans in every class for some reason. And me playing the elvenkind hope that it will remain that way.

So kinda against my own interests but to honestly answer your question, I would say anything but Hawkeye.
SR's are awesome. They are the fastest runners and shooters thus they are the best to kite. An archer above all, needs to be mobile. Their signature skill basically turns them into a machine gun. And fastest shooting plus having the highest chance to crit is basically the best combination ever.
PR's are still good as their attacks packs the most damage. This comes especially handy when critting a shot and the enemy just explodes. We seen insane crits from the PR, they are most useful in a mass pvp out of all and can drop enemies with lower pdef in one or maybe two shots. Also their endgame skill of penetrating arrows are just devastating especially in tight bridges and corridors.

As for the HE... not much to say. They have the most HP. Other than that they are outmatched in every stat by the elven kind and their grey skinned brethren. And they do need that extra HP since their special skill called Snipe applies root on themselves making that the biggest selfpwning skill in the game. Being immobilized is kinda your worst enemy as an archer and with this skill you can apply that on yourself. You will have somewhat more range, so if you manage to stun your target first, then good for you. If not, then from then on (or in case of two enemies), your chances of survival are significanly less. Especially against a dagger who will just evade and interrupt your shots and close distance all the faster (especially in later chronicles).

Usually people recommending HE are like people recommending TH. They misunderstand the whole concept and play like a tank regardless of class. So naturally they prefer the most tankish archer with the most HP as that suites their primitive playstyle of getting in range - stop - shoot while waiting to die.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:19 am 
Elder

None of the archers are better than the others when it comes to open PvP, they all have their uses. Phantom Ranger hits harder because of Dead Eye, Silver Ranger attacks and runs faster thanks to extra DEX and Rapid Fire, and Hawkeye has the best accuracy and range thanks to Snipe.

If you're thinking about which Archer is the best against other archers, then HE is probably the worst one, since he lacks Evasion Shot, which the other two have.

As for the chronicle, with the Critical defense buffs introduced from Gracia onwards (Counter Critical, Chant of Protection, etc), Archers depend on skills for DPSing during PvP more than AAs. In this sense, PR's DPS is a bit lower than the other archers because of the lack of Blessing of Saggitarius which reduces skill cooldown.

Still, the difference is minimal and you should play whatever archer you feel like fits your playstyle.

Not gonna mention Arbalester, because it's in a whole another ballpark.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:55 pm 
Viscount

what are you talking about guys? in c1-gracia no one rolled sr/pr if not for hero or just to test it limits with cool eq.... both sr and pr are crap in pvp and mass pvp, low con for archers is madness, yeah they are faster and have crits, but cmon, in older chronicles mages were main pvp enemies, so it doesnt matter much if you cant take hit, sr gets nice buff with atk speed but get range nerfed, while pr get p atk and cir power but atk speed is nerfed, while he gets snipe that gives most major archer stats boost just cant move with it, in pvp and pve archer parties dont run much, they have spots and just rape mobs or pvp enemies , while sr has best crit rate, they crit power so low, while pr crit power is insane, he cant do crits much, he is complete cause he has both passives just 1 less than sr and pr, he always were best archers and most popular because of reasons. there might be fans of sr and pr, but even hardcore gamers know that they are not good overall

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:28 am 
Marquis

Kuvalis wrote:
ziggurat wrote:
Human archer kinda sux compared to he others, but still remain popular as most players tend to favorize humans in every class for some reason. And me playing the elvenkind hope that it will remain that way.

So kinda against my own interests but to honestly answer your question, I would say anything but Hawkeye.
SR's are awesome. They are the fastest runners and shooters thus they are the best to kite. An archer above all, needs to be mobile. Their signature skill basically turns them into a machine gun. And fastest shooting plus having the highest chance to crit is basically the best combination ever.
PR's are still good as their attacks packs the most damage. This comes especially handy when critting a shot and the enemy just explodes. We seen insane crits from the PR, they are most useful in a mass pvp out of all and can drop enemies with lower pdef in one or maybe two shots. Also their endgame skill of penetrating arrows are just devastating especially in tight bridges and corridors.

As for the HE... not much to say. They have the most HP. Other than that they are outmatched in every stat by the elven kind and their grey skinned brethren. And they do need that extra HP since their special skill called Snipe applies root on themselves making that the biggest selfpwning skill in the game. Being immobilized is kinda your worst enemy as an archer and with this skill you can apply that on yourself. You will have somewhat more range, so if you manage to stun your target first, then good for you. If not, then from then on (or in case of two enemies), your chances of survival are significanly less. Especially against a dagger who will just evade and interrupt your shots and close distance all the faster (especially in later chronicles).

Usually people recommending HE are like people recommending TH. They misunderstand the whole concept and play like a tank regardless of class. So naturally they prefer the most tankish archer with the most HP as that suites their primitive playstyle of getting in range - stop - shoot while waiting to die.

Thanks for sharing such great information, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts.

Not really great information tho. Its the opposite actually.

Hawkeye is overall the best archer.
Top DPS and Top Survivability. Gets Atk speed + early Crit Rate+Crit Dmg passive. Dash is the best skill for chase down/escape enemies. Top accuracy. Top weight limit due to CON( has also passive for weight!) Snipe is super good for PVE and has also someuse in PVP like (controlling baium/tezza/valakas spots in pvp also in some sieges/9v9 scenarios)

Phantom Ranger is kinda same DPS like Hawkeye but the lowest Survivability. Gets only Crit dmg passive.
On PVP tho Dead eye is rly good. Got the highest Burst dmg due to highest crit dmg which is insanely good to Half shot/finishing targets in pvp.

Silver Ranger tho got the Lowest DPS but good survivabily+mobility. Gets only Crit Rate passive. His special skill is worst for Mass/Open PVP areas tho. Cuts your Range to half which is huge downside, however in 1v1 or Close range places the Elf archer is usually do the best, due to high mobility + super fast atk speed + Stun shot casting speed. Got the best Move/atk speed / crit rate aswell.

Hawkeye is basically the only archer with no downside and has the Best DPS/Survivability.

This is mostly for Interlude and bellow. After Gracia all archers have their own advantages in away.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 pm 
Forum Troll

accurate info but he is just a spammer trying to get the minimum amount of posts to post a link i believe

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 am 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
accurate info but he is just a spammer trying to get the minimum amount of posts to post a link i believe

They can post links straight away, I'm not sure what's this one's deal... I mean sometimes they post some stuff and then they add links later on, but this one is pretty stale so I guess his mission has failed xD

OR, he was a real person really impressed with that guy's post :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:49 pm 
Forum Troll

Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

They can post links straight away, I'm not sure what's this one's deal... I mean sometimes they post some stuff and then they add links later on, but this one is pretty stale so I guess his mission has failed xD

my young friend these are bots which are progrmmed to behave so simply because many other boards have such restriction

and it is also true thatlater they edit their stupid posts with links :D

standard protocol

TOPKEK ANYWAY

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:25 am 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

my young friend these are bots which are progrmmed to behave so simply because many other boards have such restriction

and it is also true thatlater they edit their stupid posts with links :D

standard protocol

TOPKEK ANYWAY

Good point, he added a link to one of his posts later on (deleted nao). The other post still remains link-less but I guess that's just script bug

OfflineProfile