Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Lineage Eternal
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:40 pm 
Elder

Lineage Eternal (Also known as Lineage 3) is a new next-generation MMORPG being developed by NCsoft. Based on the Lineage franchise, it features upgraded massive war scenarios, unique modern battle system, intelligent system, and dynamic positioning perspective.
The game was announced in November 8, 2011 and presented in G-Star 2011 in November 10, 2011.

Overview:
Set in the same fantasy background with the first two installments of the Lineage series, Lineage Eternal once again narrates the epic story that heroes rise up to overthrow the reign of terror lasting for over 200 years. Against the eventful back story, players will take up the role of heroes, selecting from three classes of Warrior, Mage and Elemental Archer and entering the grand warfare.

Grandeur summarizes the war in Lineage Eternal. It clearly presents itself in the large-scale, fast-paced fighting rhythm, enemies in large crowds, and the powerful skills used in battles. Chaotic battleground is for sure with hordes of characters from opposing sides scattered on the whole interface. Engaging in combat, players can indulge in satisfactory hitting sense resulting from killing swarms of enemies (especially in one sweeping stroke) and shared glory from turning tide of the war through cooperation among teammates.
And the large-scale and sensational fight are not all that are enjoyable during battles. The immersive warfare is much polished to details with lots of new playable elements added. It allows players to interact more actively with other players, friends and foes, as well as with environment. Of all setups, the most striking one is the creative and resourceful usage of items such as using ropes to pull teammates up a wall. And the most common object, say a hook, can serve as another ready example. In the game, when baffled by a broken bridge or a high wall that must be crossed, players can fling the hook to the other side and crawl over or climb high via it. And it’s even possible to overcome some barriers by setting up human-ladder to help allies to pass.
Another eye-catching design in the combat system should probably be credited to the innovative ‘Drag-and-Hold’ gameplay, which has never been seen in other games before. Hold on to the mouse and drag it to draw DIY-like lines so as to excise various skills, inflicting damage on self-chosen scopes of enemy. For instance, if you initiate magic spell attack against enemies, you can drag and hold the mouse drawing a full circle, and all around you will be automatically hit without fail at the same time. Such self-designed attacking lines can better immerse players into gameplay, impressing on them a more realistic sense of fighting instead of indifferent watching.
Moreover, the game also employs a Smart View system, which will intellectually adjust camera to offer the best view-point for players during varied battlegrounds, such as the zoom-out option for players to best sum up the whole scene, really helpful especially in battle ground of large-scale.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Lineage Eternal
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:02 am 
Heir

well yes that game do looks nice but it sucks hard that they need like 3 years to start that project after they announced it..

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:47 am 
Elder

Yes, it's a long time,
but some blizzard fans waited for diablo even longer :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 am 
Heir

guys i can't find any website that tells me for when they game is gonna be released . Any date?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:58 pm 
Baron

Lineage Eternal and Lineage 3 are two different games, as confirmed by NCSoft:

http://lineage3-online.com/index.php/index.html

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:04 am 
Heir

it doesnt answer my question, i guess xD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:52 am 
Vagabond

I would take Eternal as a sequel to the original Lineage as it seems your character choice will decide your class/role and the obvious isometric camera.

Looks better than D3 and it's a MMO... just sayin' Blizzard.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 pm 
Duke

nimohoxi wrote:
guys i can't find any website that tells me for when they game is gonna be released . Any date?

Ugh, they said closed beta tests will take part this summer, but I can't find the source though :(

OfflineProfile