Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Innova Distribution LLC. Attacks all L2j streamers.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:22 pm 
Vassal

I know it started quite a while ago, but yesterday I got 60 days suspended from Twitch.tv due to copyright claims from L2 essence officials,.
They are trying to take down all the streamers on twitch and YouTube who are streaming these L2j private servers.

I made an appeal yesterday and meanwhile I was emailing L2 essence also, I got told that:

Only way to remove the ban is to join their streaming partnership program.

Of course I told them I would never play their crap pay to win game module. I rather go to BDO or whatever MMORPG is available.

Maybe calling them scammers and shady company with a dying game was a bad call but, I do not care.

I am just not sure how twitch allows this since I play l2j which is open source for public, I got told by Essence that it's still copyright no matter of the platform, and that l2j "illegal" servers still use their "textures modules etc"

I am pretty sure my ban will get lifted tomorrow but my only concern is that they can strike me again, and again, and again, or I'm wrong??

I checked out the new lineage 2 game, and I have to say, even without pay to win, the game is horrible, it reminds me of MU online where you spam your AOE skills and it's just an afk content there, dull and uninteresting.

So my question is, do they really own anything that is l2j ? Or is it just a shady attempt to make people play their dying game? And 8 k online seems like peanuts considering it's an official server. So I guess game really is dying?

And if any streamer from twitch or YouTube can confirm about 100% success rate of bans being lifted due to fact
That l2j servers are open for general public and free to use for everyone, including making their own private servers?

Thanks a lot in advance
Yours sincerely,
Codex

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Innova Distribution LLC. Attacks all L2j streamers.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:31 am 
Duke

CodexPwnz11 wrote:
So my question is, do they really own anything that is l2j ? Or is it just a shady attempt to make people play their dying game? And 8 k online seems like peanuts considering it's an official server. So I guess game really is dying?

It's not about owning it, afaik L2J is perfectly legal as it's just an "emulator", so as long as it's just a server where some people are playing they can't do much about it. I guess they can still claim copyright if someone is actively streaming the game though... Not sure why, but they've been doing this for a while. Kinda lame from their side IMO, if they focused on making the game friendlier for F2P they would've gotten more people than just from banning other servers' streamers :?

But anyway what's with the 8k online? Do some offic server has these numbers? I thought all offi were already dead as... Dead

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:53 pm 
Vassal

8 k because they pumped such Large summa of cash into advertisment, I got hes crap ads playing on YouTube non stop
"Join now you can afk farm, you don't even need party or clan" wtf, is that a game or some kind of app that works by itself

8 k is nothing for official server imo, That's what I was reading so might be even less by now.
I am thinking this is their last resort, nothing much more to milk out of player wallets.
I really hope those star wars official servers will be dead.

I sent 2 email + counter notification for twitch, asking to explain why I get copy striked meanwhile there 20++ streamers on twitch / lineage 2 category who do not stream my copy strike claimants server, and do not get punished/penalized.

Guess what I received? Absolutely no reply.

Meaning twitch is just picking randomly who to punish, it's like lottery, I got told that some streamers get copy strikes and some doesn't even ever get warning, so it must be random, I'm sure that innova "Igor Yakovlev" or whatever the f is he's name spelled correctly, I'm sure he reported all category on twitch, who do not have partnership with SHAIT innova.

And twitch is such a noobs that they can't even give me explanation??

Imagine, I had all VODs from same l2 server, and after investigation, only my last stream VOD was taken down, like what?
Why they didn't take all VODS then, doesn't make any sense at all, and their not even sure why I got striked, since they can't even answer.....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:21 pm 
Duke

Yeah I've heard Twitch is oftne quick to ban but very slow in explanations why. Im curious if YouTube streaming has same issues or if Innova is hunting there as well :? I noticed there are some people streaming for example Elmore there, they may be fresh streamers though

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:42 pm 
Vassal

Herlitz wrote:
Yeah I've heard Twitch is oftne quick to ban but very slow in explanations why. Im curious if YouTube streaming has same issues or if Innova is hunting there as well :? I noticed there are some people streaming for example Elmore there, they may be fresh streamers though

No need to wonder, they are actively striking at twitch and also youtube.

If I dont receive any news from twitch by tomorrow, I am streaming L2 private server, the same one I got striked for. No f's given, I do not make living from streaming anyways, they can ban me, I do not care at this point. I will move to youtube so I can get banned there too :lol: :lol:

If I cannot stream what I love and I dont even know the reason why, then I am cool to get banned on both platforms. Their not worth my time anyways, with this incompetence. :twisted: :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:20 am 
Elder

CodexPwnz11 wrote:
Meaning twitch is just picking randomly who to punish, it's like lottery, I got told that some streamers get copy strikes and some doesn't even ever get warning, so it must be random

You might want to learn how the DMCA works, but Twitch is obligated by law to react on every single DMCA claim they get. These are manual claims so some russian monkey from Innova, who is picking and choosing which Streamers they want to bully. I bet they have some monthly quota from NCsoft that they need to hit in terms of Private server prevention or some shit like that.

Twitch isn't going to explain you when the ban is DMCA related, you can see it in your profile and the reason for it. If you get multiple DMCA in a row, you will be permanently banned from Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/p/en/legal/dmca-guidelines/ <-- Here you can read about it to understand more.

I don't think anyone has tried to counter-claim these DMCA claims, which is understandable there isn't much leg to stand on when you are playing on a private server. If you counter-claim these then the next action Innova pretty much has to take is sue you over it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:23 am 
Elder

Trustmebro wrote:
CodexPwnz11 wrote:
Meaning twitch is just picking randomly who to punish, it's like lottery, I got told that some streamers get copy strikes and some doesn't even ever get warning, so it must be random

You might want to learn how the DMCA works, but Twitch is obligated by law to react on every single DMCA claim they get. These are manual claims so some russian monkey from Innova, who is picking and choosing which Streamers they want to bully. I bet they have some monthly quota from NCsoft that they need to hit in terms of Private server prevention or some shit like that.

Twitch isn't going to explain you when the ban is DMCA related, you can see it in your profile and the reason for it. If you get multiple DMCA in a row, you will be permanently banned from Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/p/en/legal/dmca-guidelines/ <-- Here you can read about it to understand more.

I don't think anyone has tried to counter-claim these DMCA claims, which is understandable there isn't much leg to stand on when you are playing on a private server. If you counter-claim these then the next action Innova pretty much has to take is sue you over it.

If Twitch and Youtube have similar policies then maybe its time to play their game. I am sure these asshats have videos online promoting their servers. So lets all complain about them. And bite them right back.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:43 pm 
Elder

inkblot wrote:
If Twitch and Youtube have similar policies then maybe its time to play their game. I am sure these asshats have videos online promoting their servers. So lets all complain about them. And bite them right back.

Yes because they have bought the legal publishing rights to the game. Again we don't really have much leg to stand on with private servers. Technically they could DMCA people playing on Official servers too, it's completely in their rights with the current copyright laws. The true problem is that copyright laws are extremely outdated, they were made at the point when Internet wasn't even a thing. So this is something Americans need to try to fix through their political system, which sadly isn't going to happen.

I am curious why Innova wants to bully streamers, but NCsoft isn't doing anything about it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:22 pm 
Elder

Trustmebro wrote:
inkblot wrote:

Yes because they have bought the legal publishing rights to the game. Again we don't really have much leg to stand on with private servers. Technically they could DMCA people playing on Official servers too, it's completely in their rights with the current copyright laws. The true problem is that copyright laws are extremely outdated, they were made at the point when Internet wasn't even a thing. So this is something Americans need to try to fix through their political system, which sadly isn't going to happen.

I am curious why Innova wants to bully streamers, but NCsoft isn't doing anything about it.

Money. Lawyers aren't cheap. Court is slow. The Moon is out of phase with Saturn?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:58 pm 
Duke

Trustmebro wrote:

Well I suppose they also somewhat "profit" from private servers' streamers being banned. I mean if there's less advertising for private servers, there should theoretically be more potential players coming NCsoft's servers as well

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:00 am 
Vassal

Trustmebro wrote:
CodexPwnz11 wrote:

Yes I sure as hell didn't read dmca guidelines.

I asked twitch why they do not ban all the L2 streamers who doesnt stream anything but Innova...
That's it. That's all I asked.

You think Innova didn't report every single streamer who didn't stream their server ? OFCOURSE INNOVA REPORTED EVERYONE - Why wouldn't he? If their that greedy, everyone gotten reported.

If twitch.tv / lineage 2 category will turn into Innova only, trust me - that category is soooo dead, they will have the least viewers from all twitch categories!

There's maybe 100-200 people in total at twitch who watch that crap Innova.... And only handful of streamers who stream that crap also.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:09 am 
Vassal

Herlitz wrote:
Trustmebro wrote:

Well I suppose they also somewhat "profit" from private servers' streamers being banned. I mean if there's less advertising for private servers, there should theoretically be more potential players coming NCsoft's servers as well

If they spent that time and energy into making their official servers not so p2w, than they would succeed without all this stupidity.

I checked theiy website. 1.29euros 1000 L coins.
12 euros 24000 L coins.
20 Euros pack get set + bla bla bla + bla bla bla + bla bla bla....

And I thought BDO was bad with p2w module, I was totally wrong, BDO seems like fresh breeze. :evil:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:02 pm 
Elder

CodexPwnz11 wrote:
You think Innova didn't report every single streamer who didn't stream their server ? OFCOURSE INNOVA REPORTED EVERYONE - Why wouldn't he? If their that greedy, everyone gotten reported.

Because it requires far more effort than just pushing a button to report a stream. Also, you have to understand that Twitch is obligated by law to ban every single streamer that gets DMCA claimed. So no they haven't claimed every single streamer, otherwise they would be all banned.

They are clearly lazy fucks and just picking and choosing who to claim, probably just to hit the monthly quota for their Korean overlords. They probably have something in their contract about private server prevention, and banning a certain amount of streamers per month might do it.

Twitch don't give a flying fuck about you steaming on Private servers, until there is some law involved.

Quote:
And I thought BDO was bad with p2w module, I was totally wrong, BDO seems like fresh breeze.

BDO isn't even that p2w. Sure it has a pretty high starting cost if you want to make the game enjoyable, because of all the convenience crap. After you spend like 200-300 € on the game the amount of money you would have to spend to gain anything is out of reach for like 99.99% of people. Only people with oil prince kind of money are able to pay to win in BDO.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:49 pm 
Vassal

Trustmebro wrote:
CodexPwnz11 wrote:

Because it requires far more effort than just pushing a button to report a stream. Also, you have to understand that Twitch is obligated by law to ban every single streamer that gets DMCA claimed. So no they haven't claimed every single streamer, otherwise they would be all banned.

They are clearly lazy fucks and just picking and choosing who to claim, probably just to hit the monthly quota for their Korean overlords. They probably have something in their contract about private server prevention, and banning a certain amount of streamers per month might do it.

Twitch don't give a flying fuck about you steaming on Private servers, until there is some law involved.

Quote:
And I thought BDO was bad with p2w module, I was totally wrong, BDO seems like fresh breeze.

BDO isn't even that p2w. Sure it has a pretty high starting cost if you want to make the game enjoyable, because of all the convenience crap. After you spend like 200-300 € on the game the amount of money you would have to spend to gain anything is out of reach for like 99.99% of people. Only people with oil prince kind of money are able to pay to win in BDO.

Well you might be right about pick and choose by who to strike.

About BDO thats why I said "and I thought BDO was p2w" But now I take my words back after seeing Innova xd

Well lets see what happens now, I am streaming on twitch again, just now I do not leave my past broadcasts. So Innova have to catch me while I'm live :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will update if I get 2nd strike and this time I will laugh hard instead of being sad. :twisted: :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:52 pm 
Vassal

By the way I told Innova on Email that their official servers sckass - And I would rather quit streaming than stream their boring lame server.

He might gotten my hint or I made them mad and they gonna spam strike me.

We will see which one is it going to be :D :D

OfflineProfile