Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Looking Ahead - future of Lineage II
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 am 
Elder

Tim “Ornery” Tan, Lineage II Producer:

As the Fall season begins, it’s a good time to look at the changes that have been going on for Lineage II, as well as what is in store for the coming months. First off, I look around and see a couple of different faces on the team. Omega and I have stepped up to new roles, but bring years of experience on the project to the table. Alyra and Twinmoon are two new additions to the team that have quickly become accustomed to their community and marketing roles, respectively. It’s always a good feeling knowing that Spam is at his post leading the customer support team and helping to make the overall product better.

One of our current goals is to interact more with the player base and get some really good feedback on the game and services of Lineage II. I think Alyra has done an excellent job so far in talking with everyone on the message boards and forwarding key points to me and the rest of the team. Another goal of ours is to try to be more open and provide timely information to our players. We’ve been using the monthly newsletter to give everyone a sneak peak at what’s going on in the upcoming month. We are also trying to participate in an increased number of interviews and developer chats so that players can get those burning questions answered. I’ve recently been able to meet up with a number of players at both the Penny Arcade Expo, and the NCsoft meet and greet here in Austin. I really enjoyed meeting players and listening to their feedback. I was truly amazed at the diversity of both the requests and the people.

So what is coming up for Lineage II? Well the obvious big news is the approaching update. I’m really excited about what’s coming in Lineage® II: The Chaotic Throne - The 1st Throne: The Kamael™. We will be featuring a new race called the Kamael. I’m sure I’ll be creating at least one when the servers go live! Other things that I’m looking forward to are the new hunting areas of Oracle Isle and Hellbound, new items and item slots, and especially Fortress Battles. I really think Fortress Battles will solidify our status as the premier PvP MMO. Groups and small clans will be able to battle 24/7 for fortresses, and earn the right to use specific skills by claiming them. I’m currently looking at launching the live update before the year ends. PTS will open up in a couple of months and we’ll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we have a more concrete date.

Next on the list is Paid Services. Included in these services is the highly anticipated Character Server Transfer. I don’t have a ton to say about these services yet, but I do want to let people know that there will of course be rules on when and where characters can transfer as well as restrictions on what items and how much Adena a character can transfer with. More details to come in the near future, but I’m targeting the launch day of Chaotic Throne 1 as the same launch day for paid services.

Finally, we have at least three more major in game events planned for the rest of the year. I really think that everyone is going to enjoy the next one that is coming up. We’ve got it slated for late October and it’s sure to push out some really cool head accessories into the world.

I really do appreciate people taking time out to visit our booth at PAX and those who came out to Austin. I'd also like to thank our dedicated official fan sites for playing such an integral role in the Lineage II Community. Right now I’m seeing what I can and can’t do from what’s been asked. Please continue to write in constructive feedback on the boards. I want to ensure our community that we as a team are actively working to make Lineage II the best product it can be, and to continue to make it an enjoyable experience for all who take part in it.

OfflineProfile