Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Innova Distribution LLC. Attacks all L2j streamers.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:50 pm 
Duke

Trustmebro wrote:
BDO isn't even that p2w. Sure it has a pretty high starting cost if you want to make the game enjoyable, because of all the convenience crap.

For me, this is literally the worst option of all. I don't even mind getting 1-shot by whales in games, but when the game forces you to spend some money in order for you to stop suffering (e.g. selling inventory slots which are otherwise unbearably limited or doubling your progress on important parts of the game for a subscription fee), it just feels scummy... It's such a shame that the old subscription only payment model is all but dead these days.

CodexPwnz11 wrote:
By the way I told Innova on Email that their official servers sckass - And I would rather quit streaming than stream their boring lame server.

He might gotten my hint or I made them mad and they gonna spam strike me.

We will see which one is it going to be :D :D

Perhaps they'll get a hint that they can't force people into streaming their server lol. Like, who thinks "oh so these people just bullied me out of streaming, forcing me to remove all my previous broadcasts, let's join their server because they seem to be such a good fellows"

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:08 am 
Baron

Most of the L2 streamers moved on Trovo btw

https://trovo.live/games/LineageII

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:04 am 
Duke

Kush wrote:

Huh, didn't even know this exists until now, but it seems to be very popular... Though I'm afraid it's only a matter of time until Innova's hand reaches this site as well :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:35 pm 
Forum Troll

CodexPwnz11 wrote:
Of course I told them I would never play their crap pay to win game module. I rather go to BDO or whatever MMORPG is available.

Maybe calling them scammers and shady company with a dying game was a bad call but, I do not care.

i love what you did there :D give them all the shit right in their face man, mucho respetto

CodexPwnz11 wrote:
I am just not sure how twitch allows this since I play l2j which is open source for public, I got told by Essence that it's still copyright no matter of the platform, and that l2j "illegal" servers still use their "textures modules etc"

with this one they are correct, copyright and patent law is NOT easy and the actual judicial practice is mildly said VERY CONTRADICTIVE
however one thing i can call out for sure - the game models, game music, game text, game name those are all protected by copyright law and its their intellectual property
so l2j which is the server emulator is indeed okay to be free and open source because it deals with literal logic of the game
however when you play on l2private-server.com the illegal part is the server owners can use the l2j build, however they cannot call it L2, when you login to the game non of the "artistic" assets should be there and even then plagiarism can be proven if lets say npc dialogues, quest names, skill names etc matches what ncsoft produced with the game

so short answer - yes -> if it is called lineage2, looks like lineage2 then its illegal to use it without NCSoft consent even if you developed your custom game world engine as in L2J because the problem is in the visuals and audio simply said

surely you can dispute because you do not own any of the assets, you are indeed joining a publicly available service that has not been shut down by authorities and if they deemed its illegal they would just close them down

ps: essence is for degenerates, its indeed mu-online autofarm trash, i pity people who "nolife" that

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:21 am 
Vagabond

Kush wrote:

Although I was unaware of its existence until now, it appears to be highly well-liked. However, I'm worried that it's just a matter of time until Innova's hand also touches this location?

OfflineProfile