Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: So what do people do for fun in this game?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:58 pm 
Duke

It's kind of hard to explain it... There isn't really anything specific that I could point you to, it's just either you feel it... Or you don't. Closest you get to 'fun' part I guess are the castle sieges or olympiad, but over 90% of the game is just farming, often for hours at the same spot. Huge part of L2 though is making new contacts, too. But in the end the selling pitch is "spend countless hours in farming and then show off in olympiad" or something along the lines.

btw. Classic (version/patch that you play) is mostly targeted at oldschool, hardcore players. It's by far the slowest version of L2. You might be better of trying some other version, e.g. "High Five", though I don't follow the private server scene too much to point you to any specific server :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:03 am 
Vagabond

We are currently developing an Overhaul server of Lineage 2. :wink: Image

The L2Tale Project develops multiple servers. We aim to provide a brand-new levelling experience with new quests and group activities. The content will progressively get harder with each milestone.

The Vestige Tale is our custom project with the goals to enhance the nostalgic Lineage 2 experience which so many of us continue to love and cherish. We move towards modernising the world in various ways and yet keep the aspects we all come back to. The Tale of Vestige will be a new journey into the world we know, familiar yet changed for the better.

The server provides an engaging levelling experience with challenging dungeons and raids at every stage. The monsters come with new abilities thematically created for each. Our storyline will be complemented with custom quests and world events.

We aim to provide a brand-new levelling experience with new quests and activities. The content will progressively get harder with each Grade. The Exp loss on death has been decreased.

Join the discord and find out more: https://discord.gg/v2GPrvzEc6
Our website: http://l2tale.eu/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:02 am 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
It's kind of hard to explain it... There isn't really anything specific that I could point you to, it's just either you feel it... Or you don't. Closest you get to 'fun' part I guess are the castle sieges or olympiad, but over 90% of the game is just farming, often for hours at the same spot. Huge part of L2 though is making new contacts, too. But in the end the selling pitch is "spend countless hours in farming and then show off in olympiad" or something along the lines.

btw. Classic (version/patch that you play) is mostly targeted at oldschool, hardcore players. It's by far the slowest version of L2. You might be better of trying some other version, e.g. "High Five", though I don't follow the private server scene too much to point you to any specific server :?

btw. the previous original post was deleted, I'm not schizophrenic :lol:

Cheekycrow wrote:
The L2Tale Project develops multiple servers.

Is it a good idea though? Why not just focus on a single server instead?

OfflineProfile