Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - Interlude] L2iPlay.com x1 Interlude 11.11.2022
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:19 pm 
Forum Troll

Sole wrote:
Bump!
Server Growing
1+1 box updated.

ofc it will grow :D it will instantly double in population : :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
btw the fact it took you so little time to allow dualboxing on a "stable low rate server" is LOLOLOLOLOL
speaks volumes.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:28 pm 
Vassal

Bump

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:58 am 
Vassal

Bump bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 pm 
Vassal

Bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:56 am 
Vassal

Bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:21 am 
Vagabond

good job guys we really like your try for a retail interlude old school server keep it up :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:48 pm 
Vassal

Eradon wrote:
good job guys we really like your try for a retail interlude old school server keep it up :D

Thanks for your supporting!
Bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:46 pm 
Vagabond

For those ppl who say why they don't get another server interface and they could start to use it the answer is simple, the classic interlude clients are not working on L2Off interlude becouse it's not the same protocol verssion. Other servers using downgraded chronicle.. And it's Java. L2Off interlude is not working properly with other interfaces and you get some visual buggs from it, when you use retail client there is not a problem!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:24 pm 
Duke

sevensins wrote:
For those ppl who say why they don't get another server interface and they could start to use it the answer is simple, the classic interlude clients are not working on L2Off interlude becouse it's not the same protocol verssion. Other servers using downgraded chronicle.. And it's Java. L2Off interlude is not working properly with other interfaces and you get some visual buggs from it, when you use retail client there is not a problem!

Never quite understood the hype of retrofitting the new interface on an old chronicle in a first place. If you somehow managed to get a full functionality of a Classic client then I guess, but just redrawing the interface seems a bit unnecessary and IMO most people don't like adding unnecessary stuff to the original client. If anything the old blue interface gets bonus points from me for nostalgia :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:21 pm 
Vassal

bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:29 am 
Vassal

I tried the server a bit, I gotta say you have some nice files, I will give you that much.

Vote/Donos GM shop is garbage.

And this concept ain't going to stick with players, unfortunately.

If that was my server - I would make it midrate-pvp-craft with seasons with unique rewards that stay lets say 8months per season (only perma cosmetics like tittle color etc)
Donos only cosmetics
20+4 or 24+4 buffs.
You could even easily stick with no box policy, and just basic NPC buffer smth like CH buffs, or similar to that. (yes I have seen mid rates without full buffers) make buffs full retail like (except the ones from buffer that is) - that way you won't see only daggers - archers and nukers, and would be more fun all around.

Rates could be anywhere from 20x to 30x easily.

Back in the day when Gracia 2 came out, I played similar server (mid INT with basic PP buffs only - no boxes)
as mentioned above, and it was so lit, and I haven't even came close to similar servers nowadays.

As of now at 1x - If I don't see 2-3k players, I cannot play it without feeling like wasting time, sad but true. But anyway, best of luck with the server and I hope you're going to make something truly unique.

You can always make 1x - just get the right player base first.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:25 pm 
Vassal

Update on whats going, whats the online, what are your thoughts on future.

BUMP! :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:26 pm 
Vagabond

CodexPwnz11 wrote:
Update on whats going, whats the online, what are your thoughts on future.

BUMP! :P

Server is still online even there is low population on it, admin has this server online from 11.11.2022 almost with no donation benefits, this is a good thing.. Since most of servers of this type close oif they don't have de desired online, there are few clans that plays it.. Now they have 1+1 box witch its preaty decent and helps the players who are playing.. Also their donation is only donate coins, and admin is not a corrupt one who sell items or any other things for money, as I heard and read the discord, they plan to go up to hi5 with out wipe, and they also work on a classic interlude L2Off server... So lots of things are done.. To bad they have no support....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:14 pm 
Forum Troll

GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:
You are doomed from the get go regardless of how many ideas you get. Especially if you use a java server.

You cannot add new content. You have no endgame. And newbs will be left all alone once you get started. And higher level players will get bored quickly once they reach max. And to top it off you have to deal with a toxic player base.

Trust has nothing to do with this. Your intentions have nothing to do with this.

It is the platform itself and the players that are the problem.

realistic to too big extent to disagree
the l2 community now consists of 3 types of players:
1) onanist tryhards who have been doing this shit for 15+ years and its the only thing that gives them some sense of superiority and fulfilledness, mostly russkis
these guys speedrun servers, "assert dominance" cuz they piss in bottles infront of their pc and drink red bulls isntead of water, fight between eachother for items, cry there is no competition and leave. so these meta gamers cannot be your core target group lol - they are like hysteric spoiled kids who want attention and adoration
2) chill people with jobs and responsibility who cannot invest time as if they were 14 again and a hardcore server is bullshit waste of time for them now (incl myself)
3) people who after 15 years still dont know how to play, they are permanently broke and dunno how to search for guides on pmfun, they usually use JAJAJAJAAJ or XAOXAOXOAX
the last group has no idea what they are doing in l2 and usually dont speak any english so they are kinda nebulous for me

so this project will recycle outdated content, use files that virtually everyone on the net has, is the administration's first attempt to launch a server, suitable for:
people with plenty of free time
people who have no idea what they doin here

will i spend 2-3 months of my time until administration changes their mind and goes like "shit sorry guys, population is too low we dont see people playing it so we shut down"?

no.

this aged well, congrats to everyone who was still playing there and got all progress wiped

Quote:
[Adm] iPlay — 04/05/2023 16:48
@Juvenile the old x1 server wont open agin ! we curently workign on our Classic-interlude server

OfflineProfile