Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2J - H5] L2Aqua Fenrir [x50] - 10th of June!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:52 am 
Elder

Good so I am not the only one. And how could a party of 2 or 3 shillen saints be upsetting?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:35 am 
Elder

inkblot wrote:
L2AQUANETWORK wrote:
Hello pmfun!
Our Forum is finally online!

And with the forum comes the New Balance Changes for our Upcoming x5000 PvP server, Aeron!

Glad you have it up. but WTF is this?

Party Restrictions

Max 2 Cardinals per party
Max 2 Tanks per party
1 of the following per party Overlord, Eva’s Saint, Prophet, Shillien Saint

Party restrictions? An open world game where you dictate who can be in a party? Thats a little gestapo dont you think?

Would you mind explaining the reason behind this? I am all ears.

This screams more about Power and dictatorship than balance. I cant wait to hear your explanation.

I am having a very hard time picturing this. Hell even NC Soft never stooped that low. I mean who cares if your party is all tanks and no healer? Or all healers and 1 tank?

You are messing with a fundamental feature here.

I can see it now. Sorry Dormin but we cant invite you to our awesome RB party because the server says only 1 Shillen Saint.

Thats like letting me marry a hot Playboy Model but I cant have screw her. WTF is the point?

Sorry about rambling here, but this is the craziest thing I ever heard.

You will be surprised how unbalanced a PvP server can get without those restrictions.
Basically we had L2Aeron and L2Devil online for more than 10 years and they were at the top of the PvP servers. In all those years people improved and learned how optimize parties but also how to ruin the fun of others. There were unkillable parties of tanks agro botting, unkillable parties of mana burners and more.

NOTE: Those restrictions only Apply on x5000 Aeron, in our midrate or low rate servers those changes won't apply.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:19 am 
Elder

Nice try.

What you are saying is that players using the game mechanics you gave them got good. And now you don't know what to do with them so you restrict them. Lol.

That is classic.

Believe it or not. Pking is part of the game, griefing is part of the game. If your server is full of azzhats that you need to modify skills and nerf parties then you have a bigger problem on your hands then you think.

Well I for one won't be playing on a nerfed server. Good luck with your gremlins.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:41 am 
Elder

inkblot wrote:
Nice try.

What you are saying is that players using the game mechanics you gave them got good. And now you don't know what to do with them so you restrict them. Lol.

That is classic.

Believe it or not. Pking is part of the game, griefing is part of the game. If your server is full of azzhats that you need to modify skills and nerf parties then you have a bigger problem on your hands then you think.

Well I for one won't be playing on a nerfed server. Good luck with your gremlins.

Thank you for your reply!
Best of luck!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:05 pm 
Duke

inkblot wrote:
Nice try.

That is classic.

While I agree that PKing or griefing is part of the game, I think he has a point, in a way, with restricting things that just became the "golden standard" and actually ruin the diversity.

If I have to choose between playing on a server where everyone plays exactly the same thing and a server where people are forced into trying different things, I choose the latter :? It's a lesser evil of the two in my opinion, and it's a 5000x server after all

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:51 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Nice try.

That is classic.

While I agree that PKing or griefing is part of the game, I think he has a point, in a way, with restricting things that just became the "golden standard" and actually ruin the diversity.

If I have to choose between playing on a server where everyone plays exactly the same thing and a server where people are forced into trying different things, I choose the latter :? It's a lesser evil of the two in my opinion, and it's a 5000x server after all

I understand what you mean.
In our server supports are GODLIKE, they're the most valuable classes, when we don't have restrictions the more supports will win any activity, we either make them completely useless and it's not worth playing, or we have them in a good state and they're limited.

Having to deal with a big amount of supports in a PvP server and being forced to play one yourself just to have a chance of winning is just... not fun.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:15 am 
Elder

I think your problem is with endgame content. Like I said before. Pking is legal. Griefing is legal. So why even bother trying to control the game to this extent? The issue is elsewhere.

I mean how far will you go to push your control on the player because you perceive an injustice?

By your own admission, the players have achieved their power through legit means. Only now you realize they have too much power. This is really all on you and your ability to run a server.

You gave them the tools and they went and built. Only now you are not happy with what has been created. Kinda sucks being you doesn't it?

5000x lol. When I see things like that I just turn off. You have butchered L2. You have taken the beginning game and pushed it to the end. And now you have a bunch of over powered bored kids along with all the problems YOU created and you are trying to balance and fix things. 5000x is for people who do not enjoy the full game. Its for people who want everything handed to them quickly. Those are the servers I ignore and run away from.

Good luck with your self produced issues.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:22 am 
Duke

inkblot wrote:
5000x lol. When I see things like that I just turn off. You have butchered L2. You have taken the beginning game and pushed it to the end. And now you have a bunch of over powered bored kids along with all the problems YOU created and you are trying to balance and fix things. 5000x is for people who do not enjoy the full game. Its for people who want everything handed to them quickly. Those are the servers I ignore and run away from.

Yeah the ultra high rates are definitely not everyone's cup of tea. On other hand though, if someone does decide to play on such server, they must expect some limitations... I guess we could leave it at that :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:14 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:

Yeah the ultra high rates are definitely not everyone's cup of tea. On other hand though, if someone does decide to play on such server, they must expect some limitations... I guess we could leave it at that :)

It just drives me nuts. When you have people modify the server to such a degree that it ends up ruining game play. And then drastic measures have to be taken to solve the issue. Lineage 2 was never meant to be a 1 hit level 60 kinda game.

If I want that kind of power its easy enough to setup an L2J server log in become god and 1 hit all the RB's. Sure fun at first. But you get tired of it quickly.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:02 pm 
Forum Troll

inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:

It just drives me nuts. When you have people modify the server to such a degree that it ends up ruining game play. And then drastic measures have to be taken to solve the issue. Lineage 2 was never meant to be a 1 hit level 60 kinda game.

If I want that kind of power its easy enough to setup an L2J server log in become god and 1 hit all the RB's. Sure fun at first. But you get tired of it quickly.

chill your tits bro
the whole idea of the server was to let players who can not and do not want spend time to re-play the full content AGAIN (itsold game) skip to endgame, fight in oly, make group pvps, maybe try to master a new class

you go too political on ranting about rates cuz there is virtually no difference between 1k and 5k, i will get maxed out a lot faster than u on any rates anyway

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 pm 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:

chill your tits bro
the whole idea of the server was to let players who can not and do not want spend time to re-play the full content AGAIN (itsold game) skip to endgame, fight in oly, make group pvps, maybe try to master a new class

you go too political on ranting about rates cuz there is virtually no difference between 1k and 5k, i will get maxed out a lot faster than u on any rates anyway

Good one. If I had tits I would not be playing L2. And ya 1k vs 5K not much difference. But that wasnt my point.

As for the other thing. I get it but leave the rates be, just start at 40 with normal low grade C gear, so you dont have to replay from the beginning. Otherwise it screws with the game mechanics.

Let the true noob experience the game from the get go.

What I am against is no grade penalties, or any change that takes away from having to earn your rank and gear.

I dont mind the grind. I played open beta and L2 till H5. I am very aware how hard it can be. Thats what clans and friends are for.

I will just leave it here.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:59 pm 
Forum Troll

inkblot wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:

chill your tits bro

Good one. If I had tits I would not be playing L2. And ya 1k vs 5K not much difference. But that wasnt my point.

As for the other thing. I get it but leave the rates be, just start at 40 with normal low grade C gear, so you dont have to replay from the beginning. Otherwise it screws with the game mechanics.

What I am against is no grade penalties, or any change that takes away from having to earn your rank and gear.

I dont mind the grind. I played open beta and L2 till H5. I am very aware how hard it can be. Thats what clans and friends are for.

well if u dont mind grind why do u comment on a server designed to get rid of the grind?
do u often go to country bars and ask them to play opera for u?

some of us when playing games want to earn only a couple of hours of fun time, we dont give a shit about earning your gear or rank, i couldnt care less for my gear and rank, im here for paw paw and lolz exclusively, while u are completely free to grind and earn whatever you want to earn in this demented game

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:47 pm 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:

chill your tits bro

well if u dont mind grind why do u comment on a server designed to get rid of the grind?
do u often go to country bars and ask them to play opera for u?

some of us when playing games want to earn only a couple of hours of fun time, we dont give a shit about earning your gear or rank, i couldnt care less for my gear and rank, im here for paw paw and lolz exclusively, while u are completely free to grind and earn whatever you want to earn in this demented game

Your apparent inability to get my point is simply staggering. I am not here for the paw paw and lolz. Although looking at you not understanding me gives me hope. But I will ignore your $hit from now on.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:05 pm 
Forum Troll

yeah u r definitely that one retard who walks into a country bar and says opera is the real deal and they should play proper music there

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:09 pm 
Elder

GoDs3nD wrote:
yeah u r definitely that one retard who walks into a country bar and says opera is the real deal and they should play proper music there

Troll away my pretty.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next