Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [L2-OFF]Lineage 3 launch announced 2022
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:05 pm 
Forum Troll

yo guys apparently ncsoft has given up on their horrific idea of making the next lineage series game mobile so we get a fully fledged 3rd person mmo launching this year

spoiler alert: the siege golems are no more summoned by dwarves, players actually transform into variety of siege golems with specific skills and play them as their own chars

all available details and analysis by the lazy peon himself here:
https://www.youtube.com/v/pOFOB99-294

i will defo give it a go before ashes of creation launches

will u stay on interlude p2w svs or give it a shot?

edit:
there u go guys some quality content from nc
https://blog.ncsoft.com/en-news-tl-interview-220317/

spoilers: weather effects will influence combat
Quote:
For example, we tried multiple things to avoid monotonous field play. Even in the same region, the geographical features change depending on the weather while the flow of battle changes according to the wind direction. Over time, players might encounter new mobs. The way and purpose of hunting keep changing accordingly. We worked hard to ensure that the three factors of field, environment and player affect one another. We expect that such an interactive influence will lead to richer possibilities for players.

Quote:
Terrain is influenced by environmental factors, as well. For example, you can infiltrate the castle in diverse routes in a siege warfare including the underground sewer and it could be filled with too much water and become unavailable if it rains heavily.

epic siege mechanics

if u 2 lazy or illiterate to read u can watch this beta-male go over the more notable features and complain like a sissy about storyline and stuff
skip to 8:30
https://www.youtube.com/v/jouKaO4I3x8

we might even revive the forum and clean the bot posters when it launches :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [L2-OFF]Lineage 3 launch announced 2022
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:17 pm 
Count

looks like world of warcraft :DDD

troll wtf , did i ever asked u how old are u?

if not, how old are u?

p.s: u really got me checking youtube when i saw the title L3, but when i saw the game play.....

p.s.2: change the f... title of ur topic )))

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:09 am 
Duke

Let's hope they remember what made Lineage 2 great and transfer some of that feel into TL.

also it would be a real shame if some of their employees were to leak server files down the line kek

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:50 pm 
Count

what is TL man? why u animals always talk in code ?

english pls my brither, not all are smart as u

thank u my brother

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:12 pm 
Duke

Icarus wrote:
also it would be a real shame if some of their employees were to leak server files down the line kek

basically what I was thinking :mrgreen: I can already say it will be the most insane P2W the world has ever seen, so a priv server would be a bliss

spoilez wrote:

thank u my brother

The Lineage my man

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:40 pm 
Forum Troll

spoilez wrote:

thank u my brother

u should stop playing video games and go study, read books, do some sports and get a nice job as a cashier or amazon warehouse worker
this way u might stop having problems comprehending very simple concepts
i even posted this

Quote:
if u 2 lazy or illiterate to read u can watch this beta-male go over the more notable features and complain like a sissy about storyline and stuff
skip to 8:30
https://www.youtube.com/v/jouKaO4I3x8

now go on, use ur pointing finger for something other than picking the boogers off your nose and click on the link
look at the thumbnail
see it wasnt that hard! you passed the level and now u may or may not evolve to ameba and get me my fries and cheeseburger

@Icarus
man this would be absolutely briliant having in mind the offi files have been leaked for l2, aion and tera
i sincerely hope they get "widely available cough cough" and somebody tones down the cash shop and makes it less p2w than koreans on privates :D

@Herlitz
well played sir :D its the lineage indeed :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:49 pm 
Count

u are right my brother, u are completely right, this game and this site is a complete waste of time

i hope this is my last post in this s... ))))

f... u
f... this site
f... l2
f... these spammers that every single day post shoes, glasses and drugs for sale )))

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:50 pm 
Count

ohhhhh i almost forgot:

f... L3 also ))))

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 11:21 pm 
Vassal

spoilez wrote:
ohhhhh i almost forgot:

f... L3 also ))))

Expect 7 teasers 20 betas before open release to EU/US. as ...ehem... KOREAN EXCLUSIVE GAME is expected to be for atleast 3-4years up until everything is translated :D

So relax by year 2025 November if game is legit OK, you may see European servers :D
R E L A X :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:25 pm 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:

basically what I was thinking :mrgreen: I can already say it will be the most insane P2W the world has ever seen, so a priv server would be a bliss

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised since Korean MMOs almost always seem to have bullshit p2w mechanics in them. I genuinely don't understand what's wrong with a subscribe-based system like WoW has. L2 had such a system in the old days and it worked well, the moment it went f2p+p2w it went to shit.

Similar story with Classic. EU Classic was sub-based and it had a really good run, the exact opposite of NA Classic which is p2w and garbage. These guys just don't learn that p2w doesn't work in the west.

GoDs3nD wrote:
@Icarus
man this would be absolutely briliant having in mind the offi files have been leaked for l2, aion and tera
i sincerely hope they get "widely available cough cough" and somebody tones down the cash shop and makes it less p2w than koreans on privates :D

Yeah same lmao, it seems like that's the only way of playing these Korean MMOs. Sometimes I wish NCS would just sell the Lineage IP to a western developer.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:29 pm 
Forum Troll

in defense of NC i would just like to remind the NA franchise is totally different
they literally bought the rights to publish the product under their own rules and if i recall correct they had the cash shop developed for them by NC on top of what they get as the sv box

truth is western mmos suck cuz they are dull themepark main-story-line-quest boredom fiestas
u pres F F F F F F or RRRRRR to pass through dialogues with ugly and poorly voice acted npcs to find out l2 hat better endgame world pvp experience and u QQ

i think koreans should just tone down the p2w and focus like GW which is allegedly still with big ass player base and focuses on visuals in the shop

imho a balance of al 3 models should be the best
entry bar - subscription fee - make it lower than your competitors (wow be like 10 eur? l3 can be 5,99 eur) so u beat them at least price wise :D
cosmetics shop - sell full sets of skins or just parts of a set of accessories to boast micro transactions
mediocre pay for convenice
voila
u get constant cash flow and everybody loves u

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:14 am 
Duke

ye I think they could even go for 10$ a month or even more, the thing is that if the game is supposed to target old L2 players, they in most cases have some income by now, unlike in 2007 where they would have to spend their entire pocket money to afford the subscription or beg their parents for it :mrgreen:

However, what absolutely baffles me is that if NCsoft aimed it to be the next Lineage game for L2 players to flock onto (as stated in the interview, "< Throne and Liberty > stemmed from the Lineage to become a next-generation Lineages a project started by Lineage."), why in the seven worlds did they not just put it into Lineage world and call it Lineage 3?! How many of you would've thought this game has anything to do with Lineage if you didn't know a priori? The trailer itself gives me "just another mmo" vibes, there is nothing that would make me go "holy smokes Im dying to play this", as if e.g. instead of all these generic mmo bosses they would show unreal engine 5 Valakas or Queen Ant, instead of basically only human characters they would properly show some elves, dark elves, orcs, dwarves, maybe kamaels (btw. you actually can elves in the trailer /5:32 in the dude's video, he apparently did not notice them because at the recap he thoughts only humans are playable/) etc. I think that's a huge mistake by NCsoft, a lot of old L2 players will pass it for this reason, so far (to me personally) it just doesn't feel like a game I would be switching to after 15 years of playing L2 :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 am 
Forum Troll

i strongly disagree with most of your post herli
1)it is very very bad business practice to narrow down your target audience instead of widening it - so appealing to old l2 fans is not going to pay any development costs because massive % of old l2 players have moved on from gaming/mmos and stick to lobby based games in the best scenario. so l2 before was a fanatically beloved product by its fanbase, but it was still alot smaller than the rest top tier mmos of its time. so fraction of a small fraction? not a good idea

it is much more important to aim for wider audience range in both - age range and gameplay preferences
mmos succeed only because they appeal to alot of different players so it brings the first M in the genre when all that mixture of ppls logs in

2)l2 is dead and there is no point to kick a dead horse brand that is widely known for botting, p2w and more p2w :D - ofcourse putting a new name is a good idea and it doesnt restrict in any way intertwining of storylines between lineage universe and TL world. further more lineage2 has now degraded to essence in its latest trash updates and it is an autoplay game.
they promise no dick-holding by the game with project TL

3)there was actually a boss that looked alot like long-legged queen ant and im sure there will be the generic land dragon, fire dragon, wind dragon yada yada, all high fantasy lores have these same as some big ass giant who wants to overthrow the gods like baium

4)dark elves/orcs - defo wanted to see them too

5)i would definitely hate to see kamaels as they didnt fit in the general setting of l2 at all. their whole continet was just a tasteless large instance zone that nc did so badly cuz they were lazy [insert change my mind meme here]. elves are geh enough, 1-winged emo elves with dark magic and machinery is too much. they were also totally broken so fuk them

6)nobody in his sane mind would focus milions of $ to develop a game that is specifically targeted to make someone, who hasnt changed his game of choice for 15 years, switch the game - this kind of a product needs to give platform to as many different ppl as possible to spend time in the game world and express themselves. trying to make at best a couple of thousand ppl of the active community change their multibox botland for a totally new type of gameplay is a lost cause and will not earn any money

there is a very good reason for the death of l2 and in general all NCs games and it is smart to change the name, change the focus of the games and steal as many nice features from ALL games in the mmo genre as u can

with the above point in mind if u read carefully their Q&A u will see they want to actually implement cool features from many other mmos and solo RPGs which would naturally make you shout in righteous anger
"BUT THIS IS NOT LINEAGE ANYMORE, YOU JUST CATFISHED ME WITH THE NAME"
it wont have old tap-targeting, hopefully wont have 50 skill hotkeys, wont have linear monster grind and will offer some sort of a storyline quest, and i would be deeply disappointed if they bluntly reused content from old l2 instead of making new models for monsters and npcs
why should it be named Lineage?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:33 pm 
Duke

Take a look at Lineage 2 Revolution for example. Free-play ability wise, this game is an absolute disaster, both because you would have to throw money at it with shovel to be a top player and because it keeps releasing those 20-30 dollars "buy me or grind for a year or more to get the same contents" packages for 'p2w dolphins 'that pretty much tell the players they are idiots if they don't buy them. Every time they release some new update, the comments are filled in with people saying how horrible the game is because of the P2W, how much they hate it and that they are quitting.

Yet still, the game is alive and decently populated. I'm not saying it's just because it's "Lineage" game, but then why does NCsoft keeps releasing the Lineage games recently? Lineage W, Lineage M, Lineage 2M... If the franchise is dead, why bother and why not just create some random "Swords and Freedom" named gacha game to attract the "wider population" instead?

I believe it's because Lineage fanbase is not as dead as it would seem. Take a look at Asterios for example, its servers regularly host more than 15k online, and if you gathered all people playing L2 from all free serbidorki, you would get a number that a lot of these generic MMOs being released every couple of months could only wish for. And even then, there are countless people who grew up with L2 and are still associating their kid/teenage years with the game, and even though they don't play L2 itself anymore, it would be mistake to think they completely forgot about it.

Of course, you will never get all of these players, but the point is, these players are not the kind of players you could attract by offering them new gameplay, otherwise they would've passed to NCsoft's Guild Wars 2, Aion, Wildstar or any from literally hundreds of other companies' MMOs that were released in the past decade. However, you could attract them by playing the nostalgia card and giving them an actual continuation of the game they are playing, similarly to why Lineage 2 Revolution - being the game it is - is still kicking. Like damn, even I have to admit it I'm still playing it. Not because it's the best gacha out there (or even top 90% for what it's worth), but I just enjoy playing the same class I used to in L2, listening to same music, killing often same mobs, wearing same named armor, acquiring same Adena etc. Nostalgia is a massive weapon when attracting players, especially those who've been playing the same game for over a decade.

Meanwhile, what exactly would they have to lose by calling it "Lineage 3" instead of "Thrones and Legacy" (or Thrones and Legislation or whatever, forgot the name now)? People who never heard of Lineage before don't care whether it's called Lineage or any of these generic fantasy game names, for all they care it could be called Ghosts and Souls, Legacy of Swords, King's Raid, Fantasy Siege, Arrow of Vengeance etc. (pretty sure there is some fantasy game generator somewhere). You mentioned that Lineage is associated with P2W. Aren't all Korean MMOs? Just look at the comment section of that video you posted, people are already calling it's going to P2W just because it's a) Korean and b) MMO. People who never heard of Lineage game before aren't going to Google up if Lineage 2 was P2W, googling for whether Korean MMO is P2W is like googling for if sky is blue. They save absolutely nothing by switching the name, they would have to change the country, and even if they did, they get maybe few more MMO tourists at the start who then quit if the gameplay isn't worth it.

My question is, if they absolutely don't care about attracting former Lineage players, one of the most loyal mmo playerbases that has ever existed, what exactly do they have to offer over hundreds (or more likely thousands) of other generic MMORPGs out there to differentiates themselves? Nothing that they showed in the trailer doesn't exist elsewhere already. Why exactly should it be different to for example New World, which started with 900k+ players and now has lower peaks than L2 Asterios (Steam Charts)?

IMHO, NCsoft very well knows the power of Lineage 3, but similarly to how they scrapped entire Lineage Eternal because they weren't satisfied with it, they weren't 100% sure about this "Lineage 3" either so they they ended up developing it into a different game. They even hinted this in the interview you posted, of course they wouldn't directly say they didn't like the game enough, but it sure is peculiar to just suddenly change entire story couple of years into development. The "We re-wrote the story and this made the development team wonder “Should this be called Lineage?”. We finally decided to change its name to fit more with the new story, showing the will of the development team to distinguish it from the Lineage." quote gives me exactly the same vibes as "some people have asked why we would remove the analog headphone jack from the iPhone. It really comes down to one word: courage. The courage to move on to do something new that betters all of us." Just nicely sounding PR gibberish that covers the real reasons - promoting sales of AirPods in case of Apple, and being afraid of playing their best card on a game they don't have full faith in in case of TL for NCsoft.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:17 pm 
Duke

GoDs3nD wrote:
u pres F F F F F F or RRRRRR to pass through dialogues with ugly and poorly voice acted npcs to find out l2 hat better endgame world pvp experience and u QQ

Exactly, this perfectly explains what I felt when playing other MMOs over the years. XP by quests, usually as boring as grinding, get max level and nice gear then what? Go PVP in instanced battlegrounds-like areas and then go reroll another char when you're bored.

Give me open world and mass PVP. Don't have to organize everything, just let the people make the PVP.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next