Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF] L2GloryDays.eu - 3x - 01.07.2022
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:57 pm 
Vassal

Hello everyone! Our server is officially launched and you can join it! See ya in game!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:58 pm 
Elder

played it, didnt liked, impossible to get/create party as support or dd, just lack of ppl

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:41 pm 
Baron

Not a bad server , but needs more people. Server crashed quite a few times while people were doing rbs , so naturally some did rage quit. Arround 100~ online so far. The biggest CON i hit so far was their bot protection wich runs a virtual machine parallel with the client and is causing the cpu to run at nearly 100% , wich for people with laptops is a killer. Administration doesn't seem to care about this when approached and blame it on bad game optimization ( wich is not far from the truth ) however upon further digging i found a way to stop the client from running VM in parallel and cpu usage went to 20% while playing. This makes me wonder why the vm is taking up so much resources and if they don't use it for some other purposes without our knowledge. Would be nice if someone could dig some info

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:06 pm 
Forum Troll

HellItsAboutTime wrote:
Not a bad server , but needs more people. Server crashed quite a few times while people were doing rbs , so naturally some did rage quit. Arround 100~ online so far. The biggest CON i hit so far was their bot protection wich runs a virtual machine parallel with the client and is causing the cpu to run at nearly 100% , wich for people with laptops is a killer. Administration doesn't seem to care about this when approached and blame it on bad game optimization ( wich is not far from the truth ) however upon further digging i found a way to stop the client from running VM in parallel and cpu usage went to 20% while playing. This makes me wonder why the vm is taking up so much resources and if they don't use it for some other purposes without our knowledge. Would be nice if someone could dig some info

just like 99% of the l2 servers nowadays they have cripto miners hidden and they fry even a mid levle machine

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:54 pm 
Baron

GoDs3nD wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:

just like 99% of the l2 servers nowadays they have cripto miners hidden and they fry even a mid levle machine
Judging by the "i don't care" attitude of admins , i wouldn't be suprised this to be the case.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:22 am 
Vassal

HellItsAboutTime wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:

Judging by the "i don't care" attitude of admins , i wouldn't be suprised this to be the case.

We know about this issue, but there are two factors:

1) Glory Days client is pretty old and optimization is just bad.
2) AntiBot require to be running with client to check third party sw, so no that is not crypto miner. (we do not like crypto at all tbh). This CPU consume is different for each HW. We already tested is on several different computers and it is related to it.

Crashes should be solved as it was locked to NCSoft bug with checking party status and since auto loot was not an retail stuff. It just went into crazy mode after some time.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:46 pm 
Baron

L2GloryDays wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:

2) AntiBot require to be running with client to check third party sw, so no that is not crypto miner. (we do not like crypto at all tbh). This CPU consume is different for each HW. We already tested is on several different computers and it is related to it.

Crashes should be solved as it was locked to NCSoft bug with checking party status and since auto loot was not an retail stuff. It just went into crazy mode after some time.
Compared to what im used to play , Glory days is like brand new :) . And as i already said , without your vm ( bot protection ) running in parallel cpu usage is down to it's usual % .
What doesn't give you points is , you're running software on people's pc without their knowledge or permission.This practice doesn't do you any good.You should look for alternatives ,because beside the big resource hog (frying laptops) , it is also pretty useless . Took me 5min of googling to find a way to circumvent it and another 5 to apply.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:43 pm 
Vassal

HellItsAboutTime wrote:
L2GloryDays wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:

Compared to what im used to play , Glory days is like brand new :) . And as i already said , without your vm ( bot protection ) running in parallel cpu usage is down to it's usual % .
What doesn't give you points is , you're running software on people's pc without their knowledge or permission.This practice doesn't do you any good.You should look for alternatives ,because beside the big resource hog (frying laptops) , it is also pretty useless . Took me 5min of googling to find a way to circumvent it and another 5 to apply.

As you agree with our rules with creating account and playing on our server, then you are argument is invalid as you accept our terms of service. There is literally almost protection software for every multiplayer game running behind of normal game client. And you still play it :-)

PS: Mining with CPU in 2022 would be non effective as with GPU.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:32 pm 
Baron

L2GloryDays wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:
L2GloryDays wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
HellItsAboutTime wrote:

As you agree with our rules with creating account and playing on our server, then you are argument is invalid as you accept our terms of service. There is literally almost protection software for every multiplayer game running behind of normal game client. And you still play it :-)

PS: Mining with CPU in 2022 would be non effective as with GPU.
In your terms of use is not noted that you will be running a vm that can fry my pc.As i said it's just bad practice and doesn't do you any good. On other games protections usually ask for permission before running and notifying to what files it requires access to.Im also guessing you didn't build this protection , but bought / subscribed it.
Otherwise you would be able to do some kind of troubleshooting and not outright blame it on game optimization. And that makes me to further think you have no idea what's running there :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:31 pm 
Vassal

You can try do reverse engineering to figure it out. But thanks for feedback anyway.

And we use https://active-ac.com/ as anticheat protection. Used on many L2 servers that care about playing with real players.

Have a nice day.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:19 am 
Vassal

bump

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:18 pm 
Vassal

bump

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:08 pm 
Forum Troll

[quote="HellItsAboutTime"]In your terms of use is not noted that you will be running a vm that can fry my pc.As i said it's just bad practice and doesn't do you any good. On other games protections usually ask for permission before running and notifying to what files it requires access to.Im also guessing you didn't build this protection , but bought / subscribed it.
Otherwise you would be able to do some kind of troubleshooting and not outright blame it on game optimization. And that makes me to further think you have no idea what's running there :D[/quote]

one of the reasons i stopped playing l2 =>ruski "haxors" learned how to mod the game too much and sell all kinds of shitty software that makes my laptop go bonkers

l2 now is like an old hoe with lotsa stds cuz everyone been putting their eggplant in there

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:55 pm 
Vassal

GoDs3nD wrote:
[quote="HellItsAboutTime"]In your terms of use is not noted that you will be running a vm that can fry my pc.As i said it's just bad practice and doesn't do you any good. On other games protections usually ask for permission before running and notifying to what files it requires access to.Im also guessing you didn't build this protection , but bought / subscribed it.
Otherwise you would be able to do some kind of troubleshooting and not outright blame it on game optimization. And that makes me to further think you have no idea what's running there :D

one of the reasons i stopped playing l2 =>ruski "haxors" learned how to mod the game too much and sell all kinds of shitty software that makes my laptop go bonkers

l2 now is like an old hoe with lotsa stds cuz everyone been putting their eggplant in there[/quote]

As this issue is related to memory leak in client itself. You can blame NCSoft for creating it :-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:44 pm 
Vassal

bump

OfflineProfile