Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Looking for people to help me create L2 server.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:32 pm 
Vagabond

Good day everyone, I am an old L2 player, now hitting 30(already.. :shock: ) and I have a long standing wish to create a Lineage 2 server. I know almost nothing of programming or how to make one. I have vague idea about everything I need to keep it running and stable.
As someone who played almost every MMORPG out there including MOBAS, I wish to create possibly C4 or Interlude server that will be Low rate.
I am not rich, I work and live in 3rd world country, but I will try to spare as much as I can to pay the needed amount for someone or group of people to help me create a server. Of course I will learn on the way and help with everything I can.

The goal is to make a stable server that will have almost everything retail like except class skills and Raid bosses.
I wish to remove the korean RNGJesus factor and provide players with high quality content. Guild Wars 2. FFX and Wow are a great example.

The server will operate as a normal x1-3 server but will have certain features. This are only SOME of the plans:

1.) No dualboxing.

2.) All field Raid Bosses will have meaning and will be usefull to be hunted as means of progress.

3.) All skills will have 100% land rate but their duration and Cooldown will be adjusted. For example:
-Hard CC: Fear,SIlence, Sleep, Anchor, Stun...etc Will have its duration set to 4-5 seconds but CD will be 10-20 seconds depending on class and its skillset. The cast time for such skills will also be INCREASED to Fixed amount regardless of cast speed. Classes with multiple CC-s (Necro cough, cough) will have higher CD or less duration since he's got Silence, Anchor, Doom in his kit to prevent him from locking someone out completely, but still be a threat if left alone to cast. Thus providing PvP where proper usage of interupts and target-canceling abilities is something a skilled player can utilize vs non skilled ones. All in all, gear will not be everything in PvP.
-Soft CC: Root, Slow and similar will have duration of 5-10 seconds and CD of 15-20 for example.
This is just out of the head for now, but will be tested a lot and balanced accordingly.
Through class balance will be made so that everyone can PvP with skill and not be lucky to land 1 minute silence/Root and autowin the duel lol.

4.) DE-Buffs. All Weakening debuffs will be adjusted as well to be more powerful but have a CD and duration so that you have to still make a choice WHEN to use one, instead of simply spamming it on someone full time.
- Weakness: 50% P. and M. attack reduction for 10 seconds, 20 sec cd.
-Wind Shacle: 50% Attack and Casting speed reduction for 10 sec, 20 sec cd.
- Hex and PowerBreak will have same strength (23% reduction) but their Duration and CD will be adjusted as well as shorter casting time to benefit melee fighters a bit due to range disadvantage.
-Slow debuffs like:"Freezing strike, Sps skills which slow, etc. Will also be adjusted.

5.) Poisons and Bleeds will be made relevant, and I wish to make them scale from M,attack and P.attack depending on skill. So that late game it is still a good spell to use even when you get into A/S agrade.
-The scaling will be calculated as such that it would deal 3x the damage a nuke with same M attack would. Which is roughly 15-25% dps increase with or without due to duration of the spell and long time it takes to tick. But it will be enough to make it a threat and bring the items like Antidotes, Bandages or healers who use cleansing spells on top of those who don't.

General rule; You cannot overlap de-buffs, meaning that you cant put silence on already silenced person. Or stun already stunned one. < Slow slowed one, etc. etc...
Applying de-buffs on target already affected by same effect will make that de-buff "Resisted".
So 3 mages spaming silence on a healer in mass pvp will not unless they co-ordinate their casts properly. Bad usage of your CC abilities will lead to your defeat naturally.

6.)
Cubics:
-Storm cubic: Its damage will be buffed so that it provides a meaningful damage, as it has always been shiet. For measurement we will take the how much would a sorcerer at that level hit with Prominence wearing appropriate gear for that level. Thus making the cubic always relevant.,
-Poison cubic: Same as the above, but x 3 like all bleeds/poisons. Antidote is your friend.
-Phantom: only increasing the land rate.
-Spark: Increasing land rate.
-Aqua : Same as poison.
-Binding: Activation rate to once per 20 sec. Duration of anchor to 5 sec. land rate 100%
-Life: Healing amount should be fine as it is. testing required.

7.)
Trick and Switch. Also similar target-canceling abilities.
-Their cast time will be a fixed amount at least half of the time required to cast de-buffs. Giving players time to react to debuffs being casted, but still demanding quick reflexes to start casting it on time.
-Cooldown of such skills will be adjusted so that they align with the CD of CC-abilities. Beware of classes which have multiple CC-s. You will have to choose what to interrupt and what to soak.

8.)
Buffs and Raid Jewels;
Due to de-buffs having 100% land rate, all BUFFS and ITEMS which reduced the chance of being de-buffed will be adjusted to reduce or increase the DURATION of those DE-buffs. For example Majestic will give you 50% less stun duration on you, rather than 50% chance to resist it. Epic RB jewels which gave you % chance to land sleep/root etc.. will instead give % increased duration of sleep/root you apply.

9.)
Mass-CC spells, Aoe roots/slows/silences etc etc.. will have increased cooldown for each target it appled to. Meaning OL in 1v1 or 2v1 will be a very strong class. but in mass PvP using AOe silence on 10 enemies will put that silence on much much higher CD compared to landing it on 2-3 enemies. Balancing the power of the class in mass encounters So that having 5OL-s will be impactful in first rotation but after that other classes will prevail with their shorter CD CC-s.

10. Ehchanting:
Everything normal except that we will have a special scroll that each player who killed at least 5 RB-s around his level this month will get a Special enchant scroll which if fail reduces the enchant by 1 rather than destroying your item or returning to +0. Sucess rate of such scroll will be 50%. And the scroll is UNTRADEABLE, Unstorable in account warehouse, Undroppable etc..

Well this is the general idea that has to be worked on and discussed further. I am willing to pay the people for help, pay for server upkeep and so on. Donations will be about quality of life stuff, no P2W at all. Premium account will cost 1$ per month so that its very cheap for everyone and encouraging a lot of people from countries like mine to support the server bills.
Premium bonus:
-No EXP loss when you die.
-Less adena for teleports.
-10% increased XP/SP gain
-10% faster passive mana/hp recovery (when sitting) just an example of a bonus that doesn't affect affect PvP at all, and PvE at low degree.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Looking for people to help me create L2 server.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:14 am 
Vagabond

Had you checked amount of work needed for your idea? Even having totally ready sources of the server, it takes time to open. What can be your contribution to make the server real.

OfflineProfile