Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF] L2Mordor - Rohan [x4] Interlude - 15.01.2021
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:13 pm 
Knight

There are private servers with no tradeable donation coins and they are no p2w.

Since mordor got tradeable donations coins = p2w. And no need to say it doesn't give advantage to players. It does. If you want, I can give you many examples.

You may say people who can't donate should be able to access hats and premium. What kind of donation it is, if you can access it with adena? Receive donation without donation?

Same like saying it's not a pyramid scheme. You say it's not, but it still looks like a pyramid.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:17 pm 
Marquis

MonoNomo wrote:
There are private servers with no tradeable donation coins and they are no p2w.

Since mordor got tradeable donations coins = p2w. And no need to say it doesn't give advantage to players. It does. If you want, I can give you many examples.

You may say people who can't donate should be able to access hats and premium. What kind of donation it is, if you can access it with adena? Receive donation without donation?

Same like saying it's not a pyramid scheme. You say it's not, but it still looks like a pyramid.

If coins are not tradeable RMTraders would make more $$ then server owners. Some server have limited donation services so its kinda ok.Ofc there are always whales which can buy anything by selling coins but those "whales" will go for RMT if coins are not tradeable anyway so it doesnt really matter.
Its a business afterall.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:07 pm 
Knight

Yes, RMT is part of all games and here the Server has to do his best to prevent it. And it is way harder to buy adena/items via RMT since it is a high risk transaction where less players will try to do it.

Any server is a business. Tradeable donations coins makes it short term/high profit server. Where non-tradeable coins makes it long term/low profit.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:50 pm 
Duke

MonoNomo wrote:
Yes, RMT is part of all games and here the Server has to do his best to prevent it. And it is way harder to buy adena/items via RMT since it is a high risk transaction where less players will try to do it.

Any server is a business. Tradeable donations coins makes it short term/high profit server. Where non-tradeable coins makes it long term/low profit.

Well you're right that there's a certain risk to it, but I wouldn't necessarily say that less P2W players = less P2W overall. You're always going to get people RMTing as I have yet to see a server that actively hunts both RMTers and RMT buyers, and if there're only a few people who undergo the risk and hence acquire a massive advantage, I'd go as far as saying that's actually even worse in terms of P2W overall.

But even if we ignore all that, this server in particular has very little built-in bonuses for P2W so even if the donation coins are tradeable are not going to have a very high price...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:16 pm 
Knight

Herlitz wrote:
Well you're right that there's a certain risk to it, but I wouldn't necessarily say that less P2W players = less P2W overall. You're always going to get people RMTing as I have yet to see a server that actively hunts both RMTers and RMT buyers, and if there're only a few people who undergo the risk and hence acquire a massive advantage, I'd go as far as saying that's actually even worse in terms of P2W overall.

But even if we ignore all that, this server in particular has very little built-in bonuses for P2W so even if the donation coins are tradeable are not going to have a very high price...

So far, bonuses listed for VIP account are not that bad, just soe/wind buff looks like from x1000 server.

Got couple of questions for server admins:
1. Is there a VIP account and a Premium one? ( I saw premium account mentioned somewhere)
2. What will be available rewards for donations?
3. Can you confirm that donations won't change during the life of the server?
4. If if you are stating that server is no p2w, why you do not consider making donation coins non-tradeable?
5. It says your server will be long term project. How long you are planning to keep the server up?
6. What is the number of population of the server for you to consider to close the project?
7. Will you display unique online numbers? Not boxed ones.

Many questions, but would be lovely if you could answer to them.

Thanks

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:54 am 
Vagabond

MonoNomo wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

So far, bonuses listed for VIP account are not that bad, just soe/wind buff looks like from x1000 server.

1. Is there a VIP account and a Premium one? ( I saw premium account mentioned somewhere)
4. If if you are stating that server is no p2w, why you do not consider making donation coins non-tradeable?
5. It says your server will be long term project. How long you are planning to keep the server up?
6. What is the number of population of the server for you to consider to close the project?

Thanks

Let me answer your questions generally and not point by point. Mordor servers are generally good if you are planning to play for like half a year.
He makes coins tradeable, cauze most of the profit he gains from 2nd class transfers. People who wants to get ahead buy an amount of coins for USD in order to sell them to those guys ingame who wants to pass 2nd class quests. That would make the server p2w, but since you can buy class change for adena as well, the price they can sell the coins for ingame is very limited. If they offer it too expensive, people simply go and change class for 3kk adena. Later on, when gathering the 3kk for further chars class change is no challenge the prices of coins ingame may go higher, but at that point you cannot really buy anything for coins that helps you proceed.
Accordingly, donations can give you a huge advantage in the first 2-3 weeks, when majority of the people change class, later on it is much less significant.
He also doesn't close his servers to preserve the positive brand of mordor. As you can check out his server called Shire is still running after two years. How he keeps the server up? By starting a new server each year and having the big profit in the first 1-2 months.

My personal opinion is that he makes enjoyable servers, worth to play on. You just have to deal with the fact that like 95% of those servers out there, he doesn't do it for charity.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:57 am 
Vassal

Las wrote:
Let me answer your questions generally ...

+1

i'd also add that low-rate interlude server that runs for 4-5 months are generally not a cash-grab. interlude has limited endgame content and even the slowest players are noblesse after 2 months. after that you are left with lotto content (overenchanting, augments) and pvp for epics but at some point you dont even need more epics. so ppl leave.

with luck rohan will last until june.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:09 pm 
Marquis

MonoNomo wrote:
Herlitz wrote:

Thanks

Non-tradeable coins is not p2w? So only donators can have bonus EXP ? The server has minimal donations ( you should be happy about this). Stop living in 2005 pls.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:35 pm 
Knight

Quote:
Non-tradeable coins is not p2w? So only donators can have bonus EXP ? The server has minimal donations ( you should be happy about this). Stop living in 2005 pls.

Yes, non-tradeable coins is part of no p2w.

First of all, there will be no exp bonus as much as I can see on this server, so no one will have exp bonus. And in general, if there is exp/drop/spoil bonus implemented as a reward from donations = p2w.

Cross, what will be available to purchase in donation shop?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:42 pm 
Duke

Personally I wouldn't say non-tradeable donate coins are much less P2W than the tradeable ones. Sure you can't stack up the cash as much but as bemyfrag mentioned, at certain situation locking the premium acc bonuses behind paywall can be equally as problematic.

But either way there's very little of anything close to P2W to begin with, at least in my book :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:20 pm 
Knight

You love playing Lineage on L2Mordor?

You like to stream and get profit out of it?

Then this campaign is for you!

Participate, stream, bring new players and earn rewards!​

How does campaign work:

- Write to admin on the forum with your stream channel and game login account.
- Wait for Administrators to check and approve your stream - will be added to the home page and discord.
- Save stream videos for at least 2 weeks (if your channel allowing it)
- Rewards are being sent to your character every Weekend or two (depending on the number of registered streamers).

To appear on the home page, your stream must have the word "l2mordor" in the title and must be approved by the administration.

What can you get for the streaming:

- Streamers gets a reward in a server currency - M-Coin.
- You will get 1M-Coin for every hour of stream, maximum 8 coins per day.

*Your Twitch account may be blocked by Innova reports. So by choosing this platform to stream, you are taking all risks with your account on yourself.

Best regards,
L2Mordor Administrators

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:41 pm 
Knight

@bump

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:10 pm 
Knight

Sakson, what will be available to buy from donation shop?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 pm 
Knight

Rohan [x4] Donation List:

https://forum.l2mordor.com/index.php?th ... -list.481/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:31 pm 
Knight

@bump :idea:

OfflineProfile