Beta: 17 September 18:00 GMT
Grand Opening: 25th of September 2020 at 18:00 GMT

https://l2arion.com/

Discord: https://discord.gg/rUe25zG

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [L2J] Classic Kamael - L2Arion x15 - Beta 17/9 - Live 25
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:02 pm 
Heir

Hello everyone, its been a while, hope that you are all doing good and staying safe. :)
Since no-one likes a wall of text ill get straight to the point.

Let me start by saying that i'm in no way interconnected to the project so if you have any questions that a player will probably not be able to answer take them to the server's discord, thank you.

Since the server is not live yet the following is a preview based on personal opinion/experience i got from their previous projects. (Will post an actual review about a week after the server goes live.)

To make it easier to read ill keep it in a Q&A style, hope you don't mind, so without further ado here we go.

Why did you create a "hype" topic about Arion in the first place?

I had a blast in the last 2 servers the team behind Arion had created, Lionna and Pandora and decided that its worth it to put my reputation on the line and spread the word about a server i have high expectations about.

What's the expected online?

Unfortunately on any server which allowing dual-box in any way its hard to calculate unique players, based on their previous servers and current amount of people on discord i'd say about ~5000 characters with ~1500-2000 of them being unique. (Again its hard to even calculate actual numbers before launch.)

What's the primary language on the server?

English, i know a lot of servers advertise as such and the moment you log you see nothing but RU/SP/GR etc.
I was extremely surprised my self to see that global/regional chat as well as discord use almost exclusively English with gibberish being almost extinct.

How's the server stability wise?

In the previous 2 of their servers that i played never noticed any lag/server gone down suddenly, even server launches where smooth without the usual unbearable lag/DDoS attacks.
They have 4 proxies (EU,NA,SA,AS) so that probably helps a lot in that regard even tho my personal theory is that they made some kind of deal with the devil.
No matter i keep fingers cross to keep their perfect record going on the new server as well.

How's the activity when it comes to PvP/PK?

If the last 2 servers are anything to go by, there's gonna be PvP for 40+ farming spots everywhere.
As for mass PvP, if i can make an assumption based on Pandora daily slaughter that's happening daily at RB's/epics, we can expect an absolute bloodbath, the reason bellow.

How many sides do you think the server gonna have?

Hard to say before launch since as everyone knows L2 politics can change at a moments notice.
To avoid turning this topic to a flame-war ill avoid naming clans but personally i expect 3-4 sides to be created. (GR alliance vs BR alliance vs known clan vs known clan)

How fair are the donations?

Let me start by saying that personally, i would be the first leave the moment i see a server/game go P2W.
But since everyone got a different definition of what's P2W lets talk a bit about it and everyone can make their own conclusions.

First and foremost, there are 2 kinds of shops donation pound store (DP) and event coin store (VIP).
Both currencies are sell-able/trade-able/drop-able (even from karma).

DP Can be obtained by donating, GM hosted events, giveaways, trading.
VIP Can be obtained by lvl 40+ mobs as drop, automated events every 1h, GM hosted events, giveaways, trading.

Both shops got almost exactly the same items available, with the only difference coming to mind being C equipment+4 being exclusive to donation store (think of it as starter pack) while agathions that affect stats on exclusive on event shop.

The most sought-after items in these shops are hats/belts/cloaks/pendants/specific talismans that are available in both shops.

I managed to get all of the above on both Lionna and Pandora without spending a penny, so i can confirm that they are perfectly farm-able.

What options will be available to donate?

Based on their site: Paypal, G2A, Moneysafe, Paysaka.

How's the class balance?

Its classic so there's no such thing as "useless class" or "useless skill" anymore. (Yep that includes bleed/poison.)
I saw people that main all mages, archers, kamaels, daggers, healers, tanks, even dwarfs.

Unfortunately i didn't see any BD/SwS main yet since you can get almost every buff in the NPC buffer. (Excluding chant of protection, purify song, zerker dance.)
Tho personally, i'd love to see SwS/BD being used by some creative players in mass PvP, their buffs/de-buffs and general rework they got on classic could make for some extremely interesting plays.

Anyway, that should cover most of the questions someone might have and that i'm able to answer. :)
If you have any more question feel free to drop by the discord, the community is very welcoming and helpful. (The majority at least.)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:48 pm 
Duke

Dickinson wrote:
[b]Why did you create a "hype" topic about Arion in the first place?

I had a blast in the last 2 servers the team behind Arion had created, Lionna and Pandora and decided that its worth it to put my reputation on the line and spread the word about a server i have high expectations about.

You sure do seem hyped lol, what a wall of text just to recommend the server :D btw. what chronicle were the last two projects?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:24 pm 
Heir

Herlitz wrote:
Dickinson wrote:
[b]Why did you create a "hype" topic about Arion in the first place?

You sure do seem hyped lol, what a wall of text just to recommend the server :D btw. what chronicle were the last two projects?

Sorry for late reply not as active as i used to be. :)
All of them Classic 4.0 kamael afair.

About hype, well, finally found a server that have that "old school" feeling.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 pm 
Heir

Its been 5 days since the opening so here's a small update as promised:

Population wise the server is completely packed, its nearly impossible to get a good spot at 30+ areas without having to pvp/pk for it.

Majority of server in B grade with stronger clans having A armor/weap.
No-one got S gear yet.

Server was 2 sided till yesterday but became 3 sided with a new alliance coming out of the blue.

The main language of the server is almost exclusively English with rarely seeing what i assume its GR/P/SPA.

The classes are pretty balanced overall, even tho there's a higher number of OL's than usual due to their farming potential in auto-hunting.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 pm 
Duke

Dickinson wrote:
Its been 5 days since the opening so here's a small update as promised:

Population wise the server is completely packed, its nearly impossible to get a good spot at 30+ areas without having to pvp/pk for it.

Majority of server in B grade with stronger clans having A armor/weap.
No-one got S gear yet.

Server was 2 sided till yesterday but became 3 sided with a new alliance coming out of the blue.

The main language of the server is almost exclusively English with rarely seeing what i assume its GR/P/SPA.

The classes are pretty balanced overall, even tho there's a higher number of OL's than usual due to their farming potential in auto-hunting.

wat :shock: Don't tell me it has that botting function from the wack version of classic :!:

OfflineProfile