Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: What about FANS of L2 make OWN SERVER.
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:25 am 
Vagabond

You can reach me on discord or PM me here. There's a discord for L2Homage here.

I don't mind answering questions or helping out! I'd like to see more innovative L2 servers pop up.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:17 am 
Vassal

I wan't to make/start a L2 Server !
About Chronicle to go, it can be C5 or C6
About Rates: 4x - 8x
Who want to help/collaborate with me ?

Already i got a server machine !
1x HPDL360e G8
CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2430L v2
RAM: 96 GB DDR3 ECC
HDD: 2x 500GB 10k
HDD: 2x 2TB 7.2k

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:12 pm 
Vagabond

Was that reply for me, Prime?
If so, I appreciate the offer, but I’m not interested in running a standard server. I’d be willing to help you out getting started, if you want, but I don’t have much experience with interlude files.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:09 am 
Vassal

No, what you mean by "standard server"?
I have in mind a project, for C5 or C6
My idea is to upgrade the game play.
And staying close to the original game.
I got Vanganth C6 files up and running.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 pm 
Forum Troll

Prime wrote:
No, what you mean by "standard server"?
I have in mind a project, for C5 or C6
My idea is to upgrade the game play.
And staying close to the original game.
I got Vanganth C6 files up and running.

will be happy to collaborate mate!
i joined bumble's discord channel and if u are keen we can hop in to have quick chat about this idea
maybe we indeed can work out something good and name it L2PMFUN in honor of the forum :D

ps: as long as copyright infringement is not involved by using the name

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:17 pm 
Vassal

HI GUYS AGAIN :D :D

Sory for late replies, I was been currently busy by work.
(its only temporary, until situation in country and world gets better)
Than I will have more time again.

@Bumble- Looking forward to join you on voice chat too. But I must manage some free time.
(but expect me please :D )

I can put many time in effort of great L2 server, but so far its only in planning phase, so I must put time to other stuff too, until or if its get attention of community, I am prepared to attend server fully.

But your help will be perfect!!! (in close future I hope)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:24 pm 
Vassal

@ PRIME

I aprecciate your offer mate. I think it will be great. BUT...I think on lower rate.
Also if I really go to manage server it should be back up.
And I was maybe more thinking about some proffesional providing of server.

Reason:
1. I can believe you that you can run server for a loong time-but there should be some back ups.
(machine, MySQL etc.)
-Also if U got server by home, what about connectivity? Does your connection manage 5000+ joined ppl.?
-I want back up for unluck situations.(dont take it personally but many stuff can happen. You can have electricity break, or you can get ill, or you decide server run is not fun for you anymore, what the hell even meteor can strike to house :D :D )

-Also there is many other stuff to talk but you know....where is good hope, is always a solution :)

Last edited by Cortez on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:25 pm 
Vassal

@GoDs3nD Thats great man. (I guess message was for Prime) but still I am happy that this topic continue. (it means some interested players are still in) :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:42 pm 
Vassal

BTW :

When I got terrible taste approx. month or two ago to play again L2 (after I played many MMO L2 is still have some excelent magic in it :).

I try some servers which I think is popular. (clasic, lineage.eu, and at least 3 or 4 others)
Clasic is terrible, 2 clients dont even run properly, and rest servers was not much good.

At the end I found one server which is not 100% optimal, but its closest to hard good old farm and good game with many great stuff from newest chronicles and not bad stuff.

Its called L2 Remastered- Valhala
https://valhalla-age.net/new

This L2R is also one of closest setup of server which I like. With functions etc. which is popular.
(like new skills, offline trade, multibox etc. -but NO bots, no auto hunt etc.)

If someone of you like to join or just look or just test it. TRY IT.
(never believed myself I will play on russian server, but many people there speaks english so its ok)
Activity is perfect server is alive (giran full-economy works)

If someone like sent me email in game on nick Spojlina or Craftela or Vivien.
We can make some fun. I play currently there almost two months and finnaly I god feeling I am in old good L2 BUT with many great stuff from other chronickles.)

@PRIME:
one last note about server...what about security? I got info that tons of L2 servers was been DDOSed by russian community. (you need really good protection to hold it)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:29 pm 
Vassal

@Cortez
To start this Project, i need a team.
About server machine, i got 2 of them
SV1 - 2x CPU Xeon E5-2430L v2, 96GB Ram DDR3
SV2 - 1x CPU Xeon E3-1245 v6, 64GB Ram DDR4
With dedicated Gbit network card (Quad Port)
I think it can hold more than 2000+ player's.
I wan't to make a decent L2 Server.
Without retarded features like:
GM Shop, NPC Buffer and so on.
About rates: Low - Mid 4x to 12x max.
- No pay to win!
- No corruption!
About donations: only for changes nickname, genre, color in game, hats, nothing more or less.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:50 am 
Vassal

Nice, I like it!
How many acc per pc player can log, and do smth about 1-st and second class quests!
What ppl you need to make team?
Do u have good DDO protection?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:52 am 
Vassal

RATES GENERALLY:

Hi guys again :D

Since there is some technical work on server, I decided to summary for myself what I think its good setup for low rate server. (U can ignore it since many of this was mentioned above)
-Or add some coments if U think U got better idea and why is better :)

RATES: (Exp. Drop. Spoil. Adena. raid. Seal Stones etc.)

I think this is one of the most basic parameter of server, as I mentioned in before post, L2 is OBVIOUSLY maked to make slow procces to get the stuff. And it should be fun :D (mostly)
This gameplay takes houndreds of hours 4 sure. Thats why is needed 100% back up of server, and insurance of server long running. NOBODY want put hours of time in game and one day you want log in to game and it just says Server Down :D

Also its not much fun when server starts as LOW RATE and in 4 or 5 weeks there is already tons of 76+ chars with almost top equip. :D (yes some players are REAALY hardcore almost 24/7 online but thats only 1% of community, and if they play so much, than ok, its all right. But for the rest, progress should be slower.) I saw it on other servers, there was 8x party lookinf for levels 70+ but NOT even single party offer bellow 70 lvl. So, basiccaly every player goes almost alone all way, until he reach at least 70 lvl. (bcs. 98% players on server are already on that level) ......Thats NOT FUNNY TOO :D
-Especially when U play on server which is couple of month old :D

Absolute classic rates are 1x (I think) for everything. But even I must admit that this is REALLY slow, play several days to get from level 34 to 35 is boring :D :D (own experience from clasic)

So my opinion is double it for sure.

Basic Rate should be 2x by default on ALL. (2x epx, 2x drop, etc.) BUT...
I think its wise to make some enhancements. (game cant be terribly slow)

Experience:
2x Rate default with Vitality enhancement on 3x Rate

I think Vitality system on experience is not bad move even through fact it was mainly created for making players buy vitality reffil stuff for money. (I think)

My opinion is that vitality system makes you think about rest after you play a loong time. And much more.
My setup:
-Vitality should have 4 levels.
Level 0 - Basic exp. rate 2x (vitality dont go down anymore if you kill mobs, LEVEL 0 is basic 2xrate)
Level 1 -Vitality (It means you play on 2x25 exp rate.)
Level 2-Vitality (exp rate 2x5)
Level 3-Vitality (exp rate 2,75)
Level 4-Vitality (exp rate 3x This is starting level of Vitality and it goes down when you kill mobs)

Vitality can be refilled from elixirs -obtained in several ways, OR it reffil automatically when you in Peace Zone or Log Off the game.
EVERY level of vitality starts on 100% and go slowly down when U kill mobs. (until it reach 0% and drop on lower vitality level)

Vitality should have party bonus also. (when U play in party vitality goes down slower, more players in party means that vitality level goes down reaaaly slow when U kill mob.- So you can exp. on 3x rate a long time before you starts go down)

-Drop 3x Rate by default
(I think this is most optimal, bcs. everyone drop something from time to time, 2x drop is also possible but I think its too small chance)

-Spoil 2x Rate (or 3x is possible too, but I think 2x spoil is enough, so market is not overflow with spoiled stuff and keep some stable prices)

-Skill points Rate, same as exp. (default 2x rate, BUT with 100% level 4 vitality its also 3x rate same as exp)

-Adena 3x Rate (This is most best I think to make some money even on kiling mobs etc.)

-Seal stones drop 2x Rate (So AA keep some price)

-RB Drop- 1x Rate (or 2x too)

Ok thats my part about Rates. I think everything more than 3x rate is too fast already for game like lineage. Lineage is game which you should play at least some months before you get on some high levels. It must be balanced. SLOW progress is frustrating, FAST progress is not that much fun.
Bcs. Everybody have high levels quickly and there is tons of chars on high levels and your char doesnt feel SPECIAL (yes I am fan of Fallout series since Fallout 1 :D ).
But its more like real- Not everybody have everything....if you play a lot you get nice progress, if you play low, there will be always someone stronger. :)
And also progress making people searching for parties, you meet new people making friends or FOEs :D Etc.

As I say: Fun of Gaming is not only about BE ON TOP, but ALL the way to get on TOP must be FUN :D

Ok thats it so far for RATE section. See ya

Last edited by Cortez on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 pm 
Vassal

MONEY, DONATIONS, BONUSES, PAYMENTS

BEFORE we discuss anything else about server setup, this is second most important stuff about server, according to me. Lets just be honest...today is almost everything about money.

There is several camps of players with several diferent opinions on pay with real money in L2 like..
Camp1 says : OMG NO, L2 must be totally free with absolute ZERO payments for anything.
Camp 2 says: OK there can be some small pay BUT ONLY for accesory or something what gives totally no bonuses or benefits.
Camp 3 says: Ok there can be some benefits, some payments but game CANT be PAY TO WIN.
Camp 4 says: Its OK to buy EVERYTHING in L2, why not? If you got money buy it. if dont PLAY IT.

Every camp have some reasons why their opinion is best. I think about it seriously and this is my OUTCOME GENERALLY:

I think solid server MUST have some payment system and donations. I say this bcs. of several reasons:
-Running server cost some money to owner (machine, power, connectivity, maybe license or protection, server team workers, etc.) Is much better when server making some money and server have covered monthly costs mostly by players.
(Yes someone can run it freely, but one day he can get out of money or something and server is closed)

-Also I take purchases or donations as way to say THANK YOU to owner of server for making this work and keep things up and running. If someone make GREAT server for me where I like to play and its fun. I can donate small emount even every month! And aslo I am part of it and I know that my money help the owner of server to keep run things smoothly :)

IMPORTANT:
As I mentioned above, owner of server SHOULDNT DO server only for income thats BAD!!!!!!!!!

BUT if owner of great server have some money from it...I am ok with that. If he did all the work and launched such a good project, that I dont have to be jealous that he can get some USD from it. Its oposite, I am happy bcs. I know that server owner will be also happy and continue his good work on it.

BUT main reason to create server should be make perfect gamespace for players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that about of politics of payment, now what can be purchased?

In this section I want firstly say that EVEN players with NO donations and purchases creating perfect gamespace by theit activity. Not everybody is in position to spend many money in game.
Someone have time but no money. (its ok, free players adds feel of living world too)
Someone have money but not much time. (its ok, there is solution 4 U read bellow)
Someone have booth. (ok thats the best scenario :D )
Someone have non of it. (worst scenario)

I want say that I think its not good to give cash players big bonuses etc. so they are always above non cash players. -THIS IS BAD

But I also think there should be some futures for peying players too. Why:
Bcs. when ppl. are younger they ussually dont have much money, but they got plenty of time. (sitting on pc almost whole day :D )
But players with family, work etc. dont have so much time, but they got some money.
This should be compensated somehow.

AND FINNALLY what is my thinking of optimal setup for purchases in game? He we go:

1. Donations - Free will gift of player to server. Player gain only green color column around his nickname of L2 forum. So it can be seen that this player freely donating to help run the server.
But thats all.

Before I continue I should say that EVERYTHING bellow except Premium ACC and some special accesory or mounts, must be also possible to reach freely without paying a single USD in game.

2.ACCESORY- which doesnt affect anything except visual look of character. (hats, masks, clothes etc)
Everyone likes to little bit designe his char by his wish, and this is optimal way how to do it. And it also helps run the server, with bassicly 0 impact and gameplay.

3.PREMIUM ACC (7 days, 31 days, 93 days)
Bonuses: 30 % exp. and SP points, 20% drop and spoil chance.
Many of you may disagree on that. But I think premium acc is good way for people with less time how can they compare to free players with tons of time. (yes there always be rich kids with ton of time and premium acc, but U cant do nothing against that) And its unfair that people with less time cant ever catch players which are young and have time. So this is way for them to enhance it little bit.

4.Cloacks -YES and I also think its good to get them some bonuses.
(possible to buy for USD, or obtain it in game fo adenas or drop it from RB)
Possible Enchant +10
Bonuses on +10 Enchant Legendary: 5% more Exp./SP , 20% regen MP/HP, 10% PVE p/m atack, 10% p/m defense)

Cloacks looks cool and its also another great way to enhance character, so why not use it.

5. Mounts (lions, horses etc. yes- but no vehicles and crazy stuff what is not looking like from L2)
YES - only for USD and high price. Reason is simple, mounts are big and its not good when 50 players stay around GK etc. Thats why mounts should be possible obtaion to only most helping players)

(I will continue here but for now I am out of thinking) :D

Ok WHAT CANT BE PURCHASED FOR SURE:

- NO FREE PORTS (everyone using GK at same conditions) level 0-40 free port, pay with adenas from 41 level.
-NO BUFFS (so players playing as support have chance to get party etc.)
-NO any other items like AA, adenas, enchants etc. EVERYTHING of this must be learned by gaming.

Also to prevent economy overflow with cloacs for example. (player buy cloak for USD and sell it for adena) There will be easy system:
Everything obtained by CASH must stay on ACC (can be transfered on other char but only on same ACC).
Everything obtained by drop etc. can be sold.

Example:
Legendary cloak purchased by USD- cant be sold or exchanged.
Legendary cloac droped by RB- Can be sold or exchanged like every other item.

Ok I will continue in edit this post as things comes to my mind. But for now I am over :D
See ya Guys.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:34 pm 
Vassal

Still Noone? :D Damn

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:21 pm 
Duke

Was thinking about dropping a reply but damn that's a lot of text haha :mrgreen: I like your points though so maybe some other day

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next