Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: L2Reborn Interlude Retail x1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:17 am 
Vagabond

I kept the first post to purely technical analysis on purpose.

This second one is entirely speculation, uneducated opinion, a shitpost, call it whatever you feel like. You should probably disregard it and focus on the first one, seriously, stop reading here.

Now, the next thing you're going to see is Javi or CM Nikita claiming that

1. This is not a backdoor
  2. It is in fact a backdoor, but they picked it up from Elfocrash here https://maxcheaters.com/topic/212270-op ... layers-pc/ unknowingly
  3. That it came with the L2J files that *someone* gave them in May and they were too dumb to verify what it was - makes you think, what other backdoors have they blindly accepted from strangers?
  4. It did come with the L2J files in May, and Elfocrash is GM PineApple who gave them the files, or something like that. I'll admit I'm talking out of my ass on this one, although Elfocrash is a C# guy by trade and their "client-side development" is mostly their poorly coded C# launcher with drop-downs for random malware they had picked up from "server admin" forums filled with teen wannabe devs
  5. That this is all part of a state-sponsored misinformation campaign by Russia because they've just blanket-banned 57 Russians and mishandled the situation completely

Let's get the stupid out of the way first. As I understand it, Reborn admins just banned an entire clan of Russians this morning, citing RMT. I was not part of that clan, I did not get banned today as part of Alt255 or any other groups that got banned. As you have probably guessed by know, I am not from Russia or even a Russian-speaking country, and my revenue streams have nothing to do with L2. I just don't like seeing this kind of corrupt, racist bullshit going on and the perpetrators getting to claim being saints of "unbreakable integrity" to the cheers of the Discord crowd.

I actually wrote the first part of this post last weekend and put it in a drawer. It takes time to prepare a write-up like that and I have a day job, sorry to disappoint.

They handed out the bans based on a shitpost in 2ch, which is basically Russian 4chan. The shitpost was a troll "guide" to buying Adena, giving Innova (the European license holder of NCSoft) office phones as contact details. The troll was part of that Russian clan, he was spamming memes about RMT and fueling the shooting of the shit about RMT in the clan chat, because someone pissed him off and he wanted the clan to get banned. He openly claimed that this was his goal and motivation. There's some speculation that he may have gone directly to admins under an alias and orchestrated a "test purchase", and they fell for all of it. The "big RMT victory" was announced with a bang today, and it very quickly was revealed to be nothing but the team of lazy idiots falling for an imageboard troll. Of course Reborn admins are going to disregard everything as a misinformation campaign now. Being incompetent as they are, they have no idea how to handle either of these situations.

If they pick option 1 above, you be the judge - I've given you the most detailed malware analyst write-up anyone is ever going to make for free for a niche private game server.

If they pick option 2, they are lying, because the "share" by itself is useless without custom GM commands or other server-side functionality being implemented to invoke it. No reason to put the DLL in the patch without it. They had to code that functionality server-side, or be unaware of it being present in their server files, which doesn't look good on them either.

If they pick option 3, you really don't want to run any executables this clueless bunch of dudes gives you. In fact, I already know fo sho you shouldn't, because of what's in l2reborn.bin, but shh...

Although, I truly, deeply hope they pick option 4 as their excuse, because Elfocrash is also the main author behind this: https://github.com/Elfocrash/L2Autobots

Make sure you check out the videos on that page, it's beautiful. I am absolutely a fan of both the idea and I appreciate the implementation.

It's a public fork of his private project that he built for either clients or friends - I didn't go through every post he ever made on the "admins" forum actually called "maxcheaters", but that's the impression I got from the few posts I've seen.

And I've seen plenty of no-clan characters in L2Reborn with "Arbalest" or "Marauder" showing up as their class in the packets sent from the game server, suggesting they were actually fake players and that someone didn't bother making sure non-interlude class values were not getting assigned when generating the packets for the fake players... Real players I've interacted with never exhibited this anomaly in network packets. Same thing can be seen in big offline market towns, and yes, you can run a fake economy of offline traders with this kind of "plugin". I'd love to do that myself, it sounds fun af.

Again, talking out of my ass with nothing but highly circumstantial evidence to present, but:

1. With "player count" going from 300-500 before the "migration" to new L2J files to the 2000 concurrent/5000 unique claimed today and
  2. Out of 1450 (programmatically counted) characters in Giran in peak hour the absolute majority being offline shops and
  3. The server using a backdoor in the client patch coded by the same guy who coded the autobots and
  4. Chat being disabled in noob locations until you hit 20+ ...because Autobots don't talk on their own and the deceit would become obvious...
  5. Yeah, that whole thing about noob locations being filled with real players is beginning to smell like bullshit to me.

2/2 Mr X out.

P.S. The screenshots will self-destruct when the hosting account I borrowed for this post expires, so make copies for posterity.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:03 am 
Vagabond

Did not Read!!!! Waste of time.

Made a fresh account because I love Lineage & I had to reply to this butthurt person.

He was cheating on Reborn, got banned and now he is a shinny White Knight trying to flame cause he is out of a job. McDonalds is hiring my friend.

Why did you not bring all this information before you got banned?

Don`t follow this dudes trolling post, just try it yourself.
Reborn is a great server, probably like no other.
No cheaters allowed & they hate that. But I love it.

Get rekt botters, cheaters & adena buyers.

Over & out!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:29 am 
Vassal

Hello!

So basically we have another case of a player, likely rmt seller that got banned from our server and now is trying to spread some propaganda against us. Was it a coincidence that I found out about this post shared in the Discord of a competition server right after it was posted? I guess we will never know...

Thankfully, at the time of speaking I still make a living working as developer, and to be honest it pays very well, or at least it is good enough for me and I don't need to do any shady stuff.

We just run this server as hobby project and if we were in here for the money we would have monthly payments and plenty of p2w stuff like all other servers do, so these accusations doesn't stand unfortunately. This project is our "baby", it's what L2 Community deserved and time proved many people love it. We would never do anything to jeopardise it, we will always be loyal to our idea and we are very proud of what we have achieved regardless of how much people hate us because we have 0 tolerance with any kind of cheats.

To be honest I haven't read your whole post, I can tell you got very annoyed and took a long time do investigate "our backdoors", but it was just too much for me, sorry.

All I have to say is that we have nothing to hide, our system patch is just an "interlude system patch clean". I think we got it from some link posted in ACIS forum by I think Sweets if I remember correctly, but it is probably the same that you would find in a 5 minutes search on google.

On top of that we put a file that allows to open a website from the game that was shared by ElfoCrash indeed, I think we found that on mxc forum.

All those files have been publicly shared hundreds of times and we haven't done any modifications on them, anyone can find them in google and compare the md5 hashes if they want and I'm sure they will match because we didn't change them.

So if you ware accusing us of "introducing backdoors" you should accuse every interlude server using those files.

I will not reply anymore to this topic.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited by l2reborninterlude on Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:39 pm 
Forum Troll

gj mrx
nice post
this kind of crap has been going on subtly in the l2 scene for some time
i had same suspicions but no such indept analysis

hi5 yo

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:48 pm 
Vagabond

Well, i think it's time to write here.

I know this is the place where most of banned players and other server owners come to shootdown servers that are taking part of their population or business or wathever you want to call it.

About the file you have open and shown up, i congrat you for discovering how L2 Client must be patched in order to work in private servers and being able to connect to these ones.

Thanks for clarifying something that it's known by everyone since 2006.

Those files are public and everyone can download them from many forums like maxcheaters to patch the interlude client and make it work on private servers.

All popular antibot softwares like smartguard, frost, gameguard and so on (almsot every modern anticheat from any game like fornite, league, etc..., needs certain permisions in the players computers to avoid those to use cheating programs and even attack the service itself by sending undesired packets.

I am not sure what is the goal of your post, but since yesterday we did a big ban wave agains players selling and buying items in our server, i guess that we hurted somenoe pocket, right?

Or it is that after so many months playing our server this "trojan" has become a bad thing just yesterday? Well... thankfully anyone with 2 braincells will figure out that what is wrong here is that facing and staff with integrity annoys many people and they need to go to certain forums and website to try to damage the server...

About your comments, user GoDs3nD. I'm not sure if you are some kind of moderator here, since i saw that you created most of the topics about moderation, rules, etc...

I see many bad comments from you about this server aswell as i see your advertisement about RPGclub in your profile, i'm not sure if someone can believe your words when you are that close to other projects...

This forum section is meant to be advertisement and discussion for private servers, but this topic wasn't even created by any L2 Reborn staff member and it's filled of lies, unaccurate information and fake propaganda which its only goal is to charge back the frustration from some banned players and other server admins.

I already contacted this site administrator asking thim to allow us to have some chance to moderate our own server post, let hope it's possible so at least we have a chance to answer and clarify what certain persons decided to do with our project.

For all players that may be interested about serever information, i sugges you to join our discord and ask to players that are playing in Reborn for long time, no matters to who you ask but at least you will get realistic information.

Best regards.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:39 pm 
Vagabond

Hi all. :wink:

Not to point out obvious stuff, but weaselciuy is another account of l2reborninterlude. Just check the guy's registration date. He posted his message just an hour and a half before going to his other account l2reborninterlude. Besides, it's his one and only post that basically screams: 'play on our server to try out the wonders of our geodata yourself! No RMT no bots warm community fair admins!'. Ah, almost forgot critical errors every half an hour :lol:

Then, l2reborninterlude bid farewell and came out of shadows once again by creating yet another account named CM Nikita. The writing style is identical lol. No one will ever buy your bs, I am sorry pal.
Now you have an overview of how one of this server's admins looks and behaves like. Don't you think that this individual stinks of lies?

Carrying on, now he asks the admin of this forum to give him some sort of moderation rights by writing the following:
Quote:
I already contacted this site administrator asking thim to allow us to have some chance to moderate our own server post, let hope it's possible so at least we have a chance to answer and clarify what certain persons decided to do with our project.

Now, as I have experienced and observed myself, and like other guys mentioned, the server and all its discord-based communication comes in a form of Totalitarianism. Basically, you can't ask the administration for a constructive dialogue. Don't ever wish for it. They will just delete every post uncomfortable for them if they have the rights and ban you without any kind of investigation at all. It turns out they (or is it just you, Nikita?) are fond of the word 'propaganda' and will basically call any uncomfortable opinion propaganda.

Sorry for stating the obvious once again, but this guy is asking for moderation rights to begin his or her little dictatorship in this thread also by removing all of the truth-revealing comments or editing them. I quote once again, as he/she claims, this guy wants moderation rights to:
Quote:
so at least we have a chance to answer and clarify what certain persons decided to do with our project

Ok, let me review and answer what you've written here piece by piece :)

First, you can always answer to other users in this particular thread. Second, you can 'clarfiy' what a person decides to do with your server by, once again, using this thread or private messages. Third, I highly doubt that you work as a developer since you weren't able to fix your server's problems since its start. Ehrm, and all of this clown fiesta you've caused once again highlights that you are not too smart to even be able to work as a developer, no offence. My bet is that you are a full time L2 player with your Latino buttbuddies.

Kudos to mrx. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by treasure_hunter13 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 11 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:47 pm 
Vagabond

@CM_Nikita,

Oh, shoot! You can't ban inconvenient people and pre-moderate every post on forums that don't belong to you. Quick, go harass the local admin to grant you that privilege. While you're at it, don't forget to tell people the Discord where your mod team removes every post mentioning server bugs or your corrupt behaviour and permabans the poster is the single trustworthy source of information about your virtual ant farm.

Pathetic response. You are power tripping.

@Javi,
Naturally, you've got some evidence that I got banned from your server yesterday, let alone that I am involved in RMT? With the stuff you're collecting in l2reborn.bin and how long you store it for, I'm sure you have plenty of evidence on every player who has ever played in your server, so it shouldn't be difficult. You're starting to sound a bit like a broken record mate.

Need I bring up that you still haven't presented any evidence of mass "RMT"? You know, the "evidence" you used to justify both mass bans (importantly, with no survivors!) of the only clans that were challenging your favourite ethnically correct alliance on your server? Well-well-well, look how the turntables...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:57 pm 
Vagabond

never seen so much hate for a server, such a good sign

I love how GMs don't have mercy with people cheating, no wonder why this thread is full of them!

highly recommended server for old school fans!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:18 pm 
Vagabond

treasure_hunter13 wrote:
Hi all. :wink:

Not to point out obvious stuff, but weaselciuy is another account of l2reborninterlude. Just check the guy's registration date. He posted his message just an hour and a half before going to his other account l2reborninterlude. Besides, it's his one and only post that basically screams: 'play on our server to try out the wonders of our geodata yourself! No RMT no bots warm community fair admins!'. Ah, almost forgot critical errors every half an hour :lol:

Kudos to mrx. Keep up the good work.

Dummy person. Im a basic A grade geared player on the server for 5 months. I love fair gaming not cheaters. I even said i made the account just to be able to type to you how dumb and butthurt you are for loosing your business, now your familia is starving. Get a job kid. Im not related to server admins & nor do i have to probe anything to you. Im still here, playing (fishing right now actually) I just love watching cheaters like you get rekt & get butthurt and rub it in.

Server is fine. Less cheaters & adena sellers now. Almost perfect. Keep being butthurt, meanwhile I’ll keep farming good old style, sweat & patience.

And PS: dont put words in my mouth. Learn to play fair and again.....GET a JOB!!!!!!
Im running out of popcorn.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:26 am 
Duke

CM_Nikita wrote:
About your comments, user GoDs3nD. I'm not sure if you are some kind of moderator here, since i saw that you created most of the topics about moderation, rules, etc...

I see many bad comments from you about this server aswell as i see your advertisement about RPGclub in your profile, i'm not sure if someone can believe your words when you are that close to other projects...

GS is one of the oldest members of our community, his only affiliation has been to RaidFight and that was a long ass time ago.
His RPGclub signature is from when he used to play there and considered it a good server, don't assume malice just because he's recommending a server.

CM_Nikita wrote:
This forum section is meant to be advertisement and discussion for private servers, but this topic wasn't even created by any L2 Reborn staff member and it's filled of lies, unaccurate information and fake propaganda which its only goal is to charge back the frustration from some banned players and other server admins.

Misinformation? I haven't had the chance to check out X's facts myself, but you didn't deny it so I'm assuming it's true. In that case X's post proves one of two things:
1. you modded the client to be malicious on purpose
2. you're so incapable that you inherited a maliciously modded client from somewhere else and had no idea

I initially thought that maybe you're just irresponsible and fit into the 2nd category, but judging by your reactions it's sure as hell starting to sound more and more like the first one.

CM_Nikita wrote:

Good luck with that, I will oppose it. You have me and Herlitz to moderate your topic and so far I haven't seen anything worth moderating. You didn't actually refute any of the 'misinformation' that's present here, just gave possibilities.

In fact it just seems to me like you're trying to gain moderation attributes in this topic in order to remove everything that you don't like. Sorry but we don't work like that here.

---

And just to be clear: I like what you're doing with the server and I'd even join if I had the time to play lowrates. But your reactions and especially demands are just dubious, this is a public and impartial forum. The entire point is for you to not have moderation capabilities, you should know this.

As you should know to treat vulnerabilities seriously, it seems to me like you're just ignoring it which is plain weird. Do you not realize what can be done with an elevated command prompt? Do you know that Windows has an FTP client and it's enabled by default? I'll let you do the math from there.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:47 pm 
Marquis

[quote="CM_Nikita"I see many bad comments from you about this server aswell as i see your advertisement about RPGclub in your profile, i'm not sure if someone can believe your words when you are that close to other projects...

For all players that may be interested about serever information, i sugges you to join our discord and ask to players that are playing in Reborn for long time, no matters to who you ask but at least you will get realistic information.

Best regards.[/quote]

You need exactly 1h in game to get the realistic information u talking about. Nobody here is trashtalking ur server for no reason. From killing golkonda on CH buffs to farming fog( 4 magma drakes rooms) with PP buffs only - ive seen it all. Gameplay can be heavily abused due to unbelievably bad files in which nothing works as it should. From simply not working basic game mechanics/skills up to broken monster stats/behaviour. Its just all wrong.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:03 pm 
Baron

I joined this loljava server few months back , got to lvl 9 and quit , after seeing how bad the files are.For 1h i saw bugged mob behaviour , bugged starting quests , before you attack a mob your char stops for 1 second , geodata is shit . So i dared not step any further and waste my time :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:06 pm 
Vagabond

It was already explained that the entry.dll file that is a modded file taken from maxcheater just give the capability to open URLs from the client and its only use is to open the vote site/reborn site from the community board ingame (alt+b).

Too many noise for a simple private server, that if it is that bad as you all are saying i don't understand why spending that many time trying to discredit :wink:

Another hint, when playing most of private servers you need to run a .exe (l2reborn.exe in our case) that is modified and made by server admins, and most of the times antivirus warns you, most of the players turn off antivirus just to play private servers.

For which reason we would touch some random dll when most of you are already running a .exe file...

All this conspiracy theoris has 0 basis, and always appear when we do a ban wave related to RMT (coincidence...)

All theese posts only confirm that we striked in the correct place

Best regards, not comming back here, pretty clear is not worth the time to fight windmills that are not interested in accurate information but just in discredit and charge back their frustation (because of ban).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:43 pm 
Viscount

I've been playing on this server for a few months now, got to lvl 6x and A grade.

I have to admit that the server files are not the best.. i'm not sure if mobs stats are correct or not, but it seems weird how easy it is to farm almost anything with just clan hall buffs. Not sure if that's how the game was in interlude as i haven't played Interlude too much, mostly played GF/GE/H5.

Other than that, i find it a fun server.. the no dual box rule kind of works, and i haven't seen anyone try to dual box until now. Also I haven't seen any bots. I'm sure RMT exists, but honestly I doubt there is a way to make RMT non-existent.

The community is fine and i like the fact that most of the players are international and not only russian.

I don't know about any other server that has an active international community and that has been up for so long. Indeed, files can be trash, but as long as you have fun playing i guess it's fine. I hope that one day they will update to Gracia, but till then i'll probably keep playing as long as there are some players around.

Some clip i made: https://youtu.be/kGv5I6uwfPc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:43 pm 
Vagabond

Got banned on 12.02.21 for rmt, even though I`m 100% clean, was a member of Alt255.

Personally, I don`t believe in low-level bots, even if they exist it`s not a problem.

Our whole clan was probably banned cause of our clan hall in Aden. Not a single person not-guilty, even academics who just joined the server. We were very closed community with few numbers and no media personas. I guess donations level was low too.
So, simple maths - a bunch of non-profitable noname dogs and on the other side many regularly donating players ithching for a clan hall in wonderful Aden.

The server is good, but if you don`t want to waste hundreds of hours because they messed up checking logs or too lazy to dive deeper and your character gets destroyed with another wave of unfair bans - don`t start playing here.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next