Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: L2Reborn Interlude Retail x1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:21 pm 
Vassal

server is awful, i been playing for 2 weeks and i stopped to play at lvl 62, l2 java stock files with full bugs and awful geodata, you get stuck every 2 steps, you get flagged if you kill a PK, blessed spiritshot dont add casting sometimes, all the common java bugs, they only want money from hats and 2nd class, also they have a useless antibot/antibox intrusive system that spam your screen every 2minutes but everyone is boxing a buffer anyways

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:44 pm 
Vassal

fragartist wrote:
HuMa69 wrote:
L2J, everytime you attack something at melee your char stops like a retard for like 2 seconds, the same when you pick items or try to move after attack someone, L2java shit

I have been playing this server a LOT and trust the GM's promises they will fix everything eventually but it won't happen in lifetime and you will just waste your time here so i bringing you my honest review.

The server is VERY active ATM so if you want to have some fun go for it but don't trust this server will be your new home for years to come.

It gained attraction thru twitch.tv using grey area practices, they put ALL reborn streams on every page of their website with AUTOPLAY function on and it kind of snowballed into active server full of brazilians.

This server is using the most shittiest files i had the misfortune to play on.

All they did in the time i was present was plant xmass trees everywhere in APRIL including middle road of MTD when people were crying a lot they cannot move there with orc characters and new bugs were found each and every day.

Eventually people will get fed up with really EVERYthing broken (network protocol, geoengine, stats, skills, formulas and list goes on). And they already showing to open a mouth little bit after honeymoon period is over.

SOME BUGS
- Economy bugs that were abused by older players
- Melee fuckedup, i can confirm the gentleman here, your character have delay when attacking and sometimes randomly stops attacking for a second (dps loss). Combine this with utter disadvantage of playing melee class on interlude is killer combination.
- Polearm hitting 4(6 with pole mastery) targets only, VR works only for main target while mages can aoe np with broken SUPER FAST respawns.

Only advantage here is that you dont need to run to wall or any corner mobs just stack in front of you on top of each other even if you stop in middle of plains. KAPPA

PVP
When you are pk and someone attacking you -> cant use skills like STUN even with CTRL or /useskillforce macro. Also you need CTRL + CLICK to perform each single autoattack - even when fighting flagged vs flagged. While mage just need forceskill macro that works everytime. Talking about melee broken again.

After you win duel you can DIE :-O

Network protocol
Huge delays on dmg, try to hit guard in town you will see this huge amount of delay or PK on TI when you oneshot people. It takes good 1-2seconds for them actually to drop dead after spell hitting them.

GEOENGINE
-- Mobs attack thru walls and dont return - people bringing trains to CH's and solution of server admins is not to fix but to jail people doing that.
--- everytime you slide even small steep you get HUGE fall dmg while you can DROP clean from insane cliffs (like in EG) doing 0 dmg.
--- random falling thru floors at TOWNS and CAVES all time
--- mobs being stucked in walls till restart
--- swiming totaly broken (your char submerge at random) with fall dmg

CLIENT
- L2reborn.bin containing viruses (haven't done any further investigation what this crap touches but as active discord member i once heard that if we find bot files on your hdd you will get banned - make your own picture here) - you need to put this into exception list or no play

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/666 ... /detection

Only good thing if you really tech savvy person you can crash this fucker without crashing client as well. I have posted picture on discord with l2reborn.bin have stooped working in kind of mocking way towards admins with aproved dr. house meme and i have been banned in 1second and my messages deleted. Then the admin proceed to argue with some random guy that he is not hiding anything and they are most transparent and i should have open ticked if i have problems with client etc. Was fucking funny and made my day. He must have been sweating on his ass that im some villain DUDE coming to share how to fuck with his "protection".

- Launcher protecting l2.ini and admin told me 32mb of RAM is ok because there might be people with older computers :-D (doesnt even know its for Vram actually)
- Client crashes a LOT and admin is not capable of debuging these to fix crashes
-You have to optimize for yourself with option.ini file (workaround i have done by myself) I would expect admin be fucking GURU of l2 client and server files and provide somewhat polished experience. Hes not he doesn't even know you can modify option.ini, at most he is somewhat capable JAVA programmer capable of doing MINOR changes to the files.
- Their (classic like ui) is complete bollocks and worse what you can get free from maxcheater forum with devkit for free and also consist shitton of bugs affecting PVP.

If you dont trust me check out their bug forum its consist of 22 pages now and im not aware of them fixing anything from there. I asked admin in good intention what filebase they are using and he dodged the answer conveniently.

Aaand best for the last - this review is from someone who know jack shit about lineage2, now imagine someone really PRO at this game does this review ;-) kapaa bois

100% agree with all GMs only put useless events to silence the lambs, i was so happy to play a x1 rate with no box again but after couple of weeks i got tired of fucking bugs, devs are clueless, its just l2java stock files and "we working on it fake words"

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:20 pm 
Baron

I will not comment on the files, I've seen worse tbh. There is no retail IL files leaked anyway. Everything is based on java platform. I was annoyed at first when my melee dps stopped before attacking, but I got used to it now like everybody else.

At least auto pickup is not allowed to give mages a major advantage. And the rates are balanced, unlike other server's rates were adena/drop/spoil are much lower than xp rates on purpose.

Server has a great community and more active people than any other server at this moment.
The fact that each person plays 1 character (well at least the majority of them), makes the game so much more enjoyable and social. I think L2 was meant to be played this way. If you are on old ass player like me looking to relive those l2 moments from 10+ years ago, I think L2reborn is as close as it can get to that.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:22 pm 
Vassal

Taygetus wrote:
I will not comment on the files, I've seen worse tbh. There is no retail IL files leaked anyway. Everything is based on java platform. I was annoyed at first when my melee dps stopped before attacking, but I got used to it now like everybody else.

At least auto pickup is not allowed to give mages a major advantage. And the rates are balanced, unlike other server's rates were adena/drop/spoil are much lower than xp rates on purpose.

Server has a great community and more active people than any other server at this moment.
The fact that each person plays 1 character (well at least the majority of them), makes the game so much more enjoyable and social. I think L2 was meant to be played this way. If you are on old ass player like me looking to relive those l2 moments from 10+ years ago, I think L2reborn is as close as it can get to that.

You will get tired of java bugs soon or later, dont worry everything comes at his time, anyways people is playing it now because the quarentine, wait couple of months and see how that java shitty bugged server drops to 500 players again where 400 are offline boxes.. you seen worse files? really? getting flagged after killing a PK is ok to you?? because i didnt seen that on 15 fucking years..... automatic blessed spiritshot not giving increased cast sometimes its ok? getting stuck 2 seconds till your character start to attack at melee is ok? this is the worst server i ever played, its like 2007 java files

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:14 am 
Vagabond

Well in my case in my case i am still working on daily basis not because of COVID-19, can't say for the rest.
Overall I think people play here is because of the dualbox policy, no other server offer that.

HuMa69 if you have or know any other better C5/Interlude server with such dualbox policy by all mean tell me, i'd like to check it out

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:24 am 
Vassal

jay wrote:
Well in my case in my case i am still working on daily basis not because of COVID-19, can't say for the rest.
Overall I think people play here is because of the dualbox policy, no other server offer that.

HuMa69 if you have or know any other better C5/Interlude server with such dualbox policy by all mean tell me, i'd like to check it out

sometimes its better to play servers with boxes than playing java stock shit scripted servers like l2reborn

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:28 am 
Vagabond

HuMa69 wrote:
jay wrote:

sometimes its better to play servers with boxes than playing java stock shit scripted servers like l2reborn

Can't say the same, i want the kind of experience playing support and playing with real people, with dualbox you can't get that

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:52 pm 
Vassal

Hi,

I wasn't planning to reply, but we are all in quarantine so not much better to do so...

I'd like to clarify for the people that think that previous posts explains a way to bypass our security, if you think that killing that process (And stopping the regular reports that the server expects from it) will help you to bypass the protection, go ahead and do it, just don't be surprised when your account get banned in a few days/weeks time. We don't insta ban people on purpose, so people don't know exactly what triggered it, and this has been explained a lot of times as well publicly.

TheDarkElf wrote:
Fragartist is totally and utterly right! It's really bad that you spread trojans !!! If you can't raise a proper server with secure clean files do your selves a favor and do a favor to the rest of the l2 community a shut that bullsh*t down!!! :evil:

Btw do not delete posts in your forum when pc techs coming and screaming about your viruses ! 8)

First of all, it is warned everywhere in our website that our launcher can be detected as a trojan. It's a false positive caused by the things that it does (Check for running processes looking for bots, killing other l2.exe processes, etc.). Nobody forces you to play here, if you don't want to play here just don't do it, but as you may imagine we won't allow people posting false accusations of whether we are spreading trojans, because that's simply a lie, we have better things to do than that.

Now back to topic, you probably do not understand that we are not a company/business, and we don't make a living nor intend to do it by making this server.

A couple of friends that have full time jobs gathered and created this server because we love to play Lineage II and we spoke about how nice would be if there was an old school server, with a x1 traditional setup like ours. That was missing on the market and we hoped that many people would like it the idea. Time proved we were right and despite our limited resources, all the bugs, and plenty of other problems, we keep growing every day.

We do this for fun and dedicate our free time on this project because we want, nobody forces us to do it, same way nobody forces you to play here. The only thing we ask for, is having respect for our work.

Fragartist, your "harmless picture", was some sort of meme that I didn't get, but pretty much seemed that you were making fun of our launcher, hence the ban. If that wasn't your intention I apologise but we don't have time for people trying to "play with us". You think we banned your IP? I'm afraid you are being paranoid here. Respectfully, we couldn't care less about you, we didn't even know who are you till the next morning when people send us this link. We ban people from discord every day (spammers, Adena sellers, people insulting us or each other, etc.), you were just one more, not the first one and certainly not the last one. If you got banned from our website is probably because you attempted to register with a disposable email. We don't ban IPs except for adena sellers, everybody that is banned have a chance to create a new account and start again.

Regarding the updates, yes, we tried to do a db upgrade and had to postpone it, so what? We did it two days later, all went fine.

Now, despite your obvious hate and racism against Brazilians, I feel the need to give you a few links that I strongly advise you to read:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_language

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain

I honeslty think you should read above links as you don't seem to distinguish Portuguese from Spanish. They are two different languages and Spain and Brazil are two different countries. If you have more questions after reading this please do not hesitate to ask, we are here to help.

We are very proud of having a multilingual server where people from worldwide come and play and have fun. We are actually working on translating server files in different languages, and only wish we could support even more languages. In fact, you can already switch client language on the Updater.

If our stats were including offline shops we would be on 1,5k players already, but I hope we will get there anyway without faking stats, we don't need to do it.

Again, I'm not sure what do you have against Brazilians, you probably should seek professional help as that hate doesn't seem healthy. Anyway, I'm afraid again you are not well informed about the costs of server hosts in Brazil. I wish we could afford hosting our server there, but even the worst VPS is way more expensive than any other hosting in Europe or USA.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:55 am 
Vassal

AHAHAHA "we dont instaban on purpose" thats why you are banning all the day people who complain about your java shit bugs, you are so funny, you will beg for players when quarentine ends, your server will back to 500 players with 400 offline traders, you really thing people will keep eating your server because is x1 with nobox? people will get tired of bugs soon or later, honestly you have the worst files i ever seen and im playing since c2 on many servers

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:14 am 
Duke

Taygetus wrote:
There is no retail IL files leaked anyway. Everything is based on java platform.

No, that's just untrue. Just because there wasn't an IL leak doesn't mean there aren't OFF IL files.
IL OFF files are either extended from the C4 PTS leak or downgraded from the Gracia (Final? I forget) PTS leak. Either way the difference is night and day compared to the large majority of Java servers.

Does this guarantee a 100% retail carbon copy experience? No, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the base of the game like the mechanics, formulas and directional logic are the same as retail. It's much easier and less bug-prone to build on top of that base.

L2j (the overwhelming majority of Java projects are based on it) has ridiculously poorly coded mechanics and approximated formulas. Over time there were very few good Java projects like L2jMobius. Raidfight was promising but it's a sham, the files are hilariously bad.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:43 am 
Vassal

I won't bother to reply to HuMa69, who by the way didn't stop playing, we made him stop (insta ban, he was one of the exceptions to the rule, if you want to get yours ask him), and thats why he is here eager to see our project failing.

The kind of people like him that thinks that have the right to insult the staff because they didn't receive a proper education, or maybe because he donated 5 euros (he probably didn't), have to find another place, not our server.

You can't call offensive names to the staff and expect there are no consequences, our server is run by adults and people that want to play here need to have some basic respect and education. If you cannot behave yourself, don't expect that coming later with an apology will resolve it, and more insults after you see there's no way back, won't help you either.

Seems like you finally found your place in this forum, promoting our post to get more exposure, thank you.

Best regards

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:25 pm 
Vassal

this scumbags GMS waste their time watching the clan logs to see if someome insulted them, is fuckinh hilarious their server is full of bugs and lag and they spend the day to check if someone talk shit about their shitty spanish staff to ban you xDDD watch out what you talk on whisper or on guild chat because they are bored reading clan chat logs instead fixing the worst java files of the private server scene, and im not beeing mad or toxic, believe me i played many servers and reborn have the worst l2java scripting y far, polearms only hitting 6 targets, melee characters unplayeable

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:38 pm 
Vagabond

If you think you are getting exposure by some of us who know a way or two with computers revealing the truth about your nicely setup trojan then you have a serious immoral problem.

According to my knowledge/opinion yes you do spread a virus.

Do i have to earn something from exposing this to the public ?
NO!

Do i care if you make it ,or "brake it " with your server ?
HELL NO!

AND STOP WITH THE CLASSIC BS - CANDY WE HEAR ALL THE TIME "IT'S A FALSE POSITIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH"

EVERYBODY AND THEIR DOGS SAY THAT "CANDY" TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW A THING OR TWO.

DO I KNOW FRAGARTIST ?
NO!

WHY DO I AGREE WITH HIM ?
CUZ I FOUND THE SAME AND MUCH MORE!

DO I WANT A REAL LOW SERVER WITH NO VIRUSES ?
HELL YEAH!

CAN YOU GUYS DO IT ?
NO! IT SEEMS YOU CANT!

DO I HAVE SOMETHING PERSONAL WITH YOU LADS?
NO CUZ I DO NOT KNOW YOU.MAYBE WE CAN GO TO A PUB FOR BEERS SOMETIME AND TALK ABOUT VIRUS CREATION METHODS ?! :wink: :wink: :)

IF YOU ARE IGNORANT OF YOUR PROBLEM DO I CARE TO FIX IT FOR YOUR ?
(HELL NO)^888 CUZ I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SERVER!

AND OFC I WONT PLAY TO YOUR BS VIRUS HOG SERVER ! GET OUTTA HERE!
:twisted:

btw have a great day

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:21 pm 
Vassal

its the first time i got banned in a server for talking PRIVATE THINGS in @clan chat, they spend the time watching whatt people talk about them on PRIVATE CHATS instead fixing the huge mega buggy server and the lag, as i said your poppulation increased because the quarentine and the dirty move of twitch embedded on main page (everytime someone joins the website its a free view for streamers) and the "free vip"where you have to vote for server to have the free vip, i guess you have to do this shady dirty things to have a mid-high pop when you know the quality of your server is utter shit

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:42 pm 
Vassal

Hi guys,

HuMa69 glad you finally found a place where you can freely insult people without consequences, please keep it going if it makes you feel better.

TheDarkElf is it really needed to use caps? Or using a higher size and colorful font? Did that ever help you win any discussion? I hope you don't do that in real life.

Now regarding your actual message.
You are basically accusing us of "spreading a virus" without any proof, please can you explain what does our "virus" do? I assume if you say that you must know something that we don't. You claim to know a thing or two about computers, I hope that goes beyond installing an antivirus and blindly trust it.

Now, please tell us, what harm do our launcher do? Do we open backdoors in your system? Do we download your private files perhaps? Do we get credit card details maybe? Please, show proof of any of that and I'll shut down the server right now. Why would we bother to create a whole game server if that was our goal? We would just distribute the files. Besides if we really wanted to create a virus, wouldn't we make more efforts to make it undetectable by the antiviruses?

To me, if I'm honest this looks like you are either somebody that got banned (like above guy, we have plenty of those), or somebody from a competency server.

If that's not the case please explain me what proof you have that we are "spreading a virus", and by the way, a screenshot of your antivirus doesn't prove anything, so if that's all you got I'm afraid you are mistaken here.

Please help me to understand your thoughts, and do it without caps if you can.

Now, if you want to go ahead and judge us and accuse us unfairly do so, and stop reading here. If you want to hear an explanation of why this happens keep reading (We are on quarantine, have time to write, this keep us busy).

Several months ago, our first version of launcher was released, it was written in c# and not detected as virus by any antivirus, you can ask anyone that played from long enugh in our server to verify this. We were so naive (remember, we are not a company just a few guys that do this as hobbie), that thought that it would be enough to keep most of cheaters away. Then it came to my ears that sadly, a c sharp executable can be decompiled to the exact source using a free program with 2 clicks!

It was just embarrassing when we realised that, and our first move was obfuscating the source after doing a few changes as code had been exposed. If you google about obfuscating c sharp or .net files you will find plenty of tools that do the job, and make it harder to be decompiled, however that comes with a drawback, guess what? Your file will be flagged as a virus by many anti-viruses. I can even share with you the source code of the original launcher and you can try yourself what i'm saying if you don't believe me.

Anyway, I was so disappointed and knowing that many players like you would be put off by antivirus flagging our patch as a virus, that I tried to do something about it. I tried multiple obfuscation/encryption tools, all gave same result, but I didn't give up and decided to rewrite the whole damn thing in another programming language harder to decompile, hoping that it would solve the problem.

I hadn't coded in c++ since uni, but as they say, this is like riding a bike, so I plucked up with the courage and did it. It took me several weeks but I did it. At the beginning it looked that it worked, but then after a few days my new launcher started being flagged by several antiviruses again. That was enough. I could spend endless hours trying to make antiviruses happy, rewriting my launcher, or I could just move on and try to run our l2 server, which is full of bugs that needed attention. So, sadly I was forced to go with the second option.

Of course, I regret that our launcher detected as an antivirus, I know this prevents even more players to join our server, but unfortunately, given our -lack of- resources, this is the best we can do (we cannot afford paying expensive software firms to seal our file to make it safe, and we cannot afford expensive antibot systems that are easily bypassed by adrenaline anyway, we cannot continue rewriting the launcher without any clear directives about what makes a file being flagged as a virus, etc.).

The alternative is free bar to bots, which obviously is not viable for our purpose.

Thank you for reading.

Best regards

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next