Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: L2Reborn Interlude Retail x1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:29 pm 
Count

LOL :D

Last edited by spoilez on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:51 pm 
Count

GoDs3nD wrote:
im amazed how long this trash server survived :D

IT SURVIVES BECAUSE THERE IS PASSION AND DESIRE PUT IN IT :D , AND THOSE MY FRIEND U CANNOT BUY :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:51 pm 
Vagabond

mrx wrote:
  1. This is not a backdoor
  2. It is in fact a backdoor, but they picked it up from Elfocrash here https://maxcheaters.com/topic/212270-op ... layers-pc/ unknowingly
  3. That it came with the L2J files that *someone* gave them in May and they were too dumb to verify what it was - makes you think, what other backdoors have they blindly accepted from strangers?
  4. It did come with the L2J files in May, and Elfocrash is GM PineApple who gave them the files, or something like that. I'll admit I'm talking out of my ass on this one, although Elfocrash is a C# guy by trade and their "client-side development" is mostly their poorly coded C# launcher with drop-downs for random malware they had picked up from "server admin" forums filled with teen wannabe devs
  5. That this is all part of a state-sponsored misinformation campaign by Russia because they've just blanket-banned 57 Russians and mishandled the situation completely

I have no idea what this topic is about but just to make things clear in case someone has any concern on this about me. ShellExecuteW is used indeed in that engine.dll to allow the opening of the browser on the PC of the player, assuming he is using the code that you linked.

This is the exact code that is executed in that dll. 0x70 is the opcode of a dummy packet in the client, which my share uses to accept a string and launch the user's brower on the specified URL.

Can it be abused by the server owner? Sure, but I there is no backdoor that I put in the package itself. It just accepts whatever the server owner sends in that packet.

I also have nothing to do with this server or any l2 server and I don't do paid L2 development for any servers other than my own stuff and haven't done for years.

PS: That C# launcher was 9 years ago when I didn't even code C#, give me a break.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:48 am 
Vagabond

Elfocrash wrote:
mrx wrote:
  1. This is not a backdoor
  2. It is in fact a backdoor, but they picked it up from Elfocrash here https://maxcheaters.com/topic/212270-op ... layers-pc/ unknowingly
  3. That it came with the L2J files that *someone* gave them in May and they were too dumb to verify what it was - makes you think, what other backdoors have they blindly accepted from strangers?
  4. It did come with the L2J files in May, and Elfocrash is GM PineApple who gave them the files, or something like that. I'll admit I'm talking out of my ass on this one, although Elfocrash is a C# guy by trade and their "client-side development" is mostly their poorly coded C# launcher with drop-downs for random malware they had picked up from "server admin" forums filled with teen wannabe devs
  5. That this is all part of a state-sponsored misinformation campaign by Russia because they've just blanket-banned 57 Russians and mishandled the situation completely

I have no idea what this topic is about but just to make things clear in case someone has any concern on this about me. ShellExecuteW is used indeed in that engine.dll to allow the opening of the browser on the PC of the player, assuming he is using the code that you linked.

This is the exact code that is executed in that dll. 0x70 is the opcode of a dummy packet in the client, which my share uses to accept a string and launch the user's brower on the specified URL.

Can it be abused by the server owner? Sure, but I there is no backdoor that I put in the package itself. It just accepts whatever the server owner sends in that packet.

I also have nothing to do with this server or any l2 server and I don't do paid L2 development for any servers other than my own stuff and haven't done for years.

PS: That C# launcher was 9 years ago when I didn't even code C#, give me a break.

Never expected you to come and answer to this shitty post, we already explained this but you know how L2 Community is, they tell a lie x100 times to turn it into true and manipulate weak mind people.

We already linked to your maxcheaters post where you shared that file (i got information that the post about the "backdoor" was made by someone directly related to other server Staff who tried to copy our server concept and take over our server population by spreading fake propaganda in forums like this and reddit, so you will probbaly not get an answer from him).

Also now that i am here i will take the time to thank you for that free share, is very useful for us, we use it for giving to the player the possibility to open browser from the BBS menu

You can check here -> https://ibb.co/LhZGNvD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:12 am 
Vagabond

@Elfocrash,

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. Never said your code was intended as malicious, although it's certainly dual-use due to the implementation.

Your words:
Elfocrash wrote:
> 0x70 is the opcode of a dummy packet in the client, which my share uses to accept a string and launch the user's brower on the specified URL.

> It just accepts whatever the server owner sends in that packet.

My words:
mrx wrote:
> 6. The hook examines if the received packet starts with byte 112 (0x70)
> 7. If it does, the hook passes the remainder of the packet as the lpFile argument to ShellExecuteW
> 8. That command gets executed on your machine

> This simple operation allows server admins to implement a GM command that will execute any program on your computer by sending a special data packet to your game client.

The key detail: whether it launches the browser or executes a command depends on what the server-side sends in this packet. That part is up to the server admins to implement. If the string in the packet is prefixed with with http:// or https://, Windows routes it to the default browser, otherwise it treats it as command execution. It is not the case of "it will always be treated as a URL to launch the browser", which is what makes it ripe for abuse.

A better approach would have been to verify that the packet begins with http:// or https:// prior to passing it to ShellExecuteW, i.e. input validation. Most server admins won't be familiar enough with asm to patch it out. Even if they did, it would be a clear indicator of malicious intent and your share wouldn't be dual-use. Idea for v2, wink-wink?

Have I pointed out that all this was just an appetizer to what was in l2reborn.bin, which had nothing to do with you? I guess I had, because after my post my man Javi tweaked it to be less intrusive in the next update ;-)

CM_Nikita wrote:
Never expected you to come and answer to this shitty post, we already explained this but you know how L2 Community is, they tell a lie x100 times to turn it into true and manipulate weak mind people.

We already linked to your maxcheaters post where you shared that file (i got information that the post about the "backdoor" was made by someone directly related to other server Staff who tried to copy our server concept and take over our server population by spreading fake propaganda in forums like this and reddit, so you will probbaly not get an answer from him).

Also now that i am here i will take the time to thank you for that free share, is very useful for us, we use it for giving to the player the possibility to open browser from the BBS menu

@CM_Nikita,

Love your post, thanks for coming back. Of course you'll get an answer from me, habibi.

It is indeed unfortunate that my meta reference to the Mr X of RE2 remake and DMX's line "X Gon Give It To Ya", which was also in the first line of my original, unedited post kind of coincided with the nickname of Amrx, another user of this forum who was on Etina staff at the time. I was not even playing on Etina and it was a cock-up on my part that impacted their reputation. I realized it the following day and apologized to him privately. He's chill.

You "got your information" from a misguided conclusion based on a moronic assumption that "Amrx", who is an active user of this forum, would pick "mrx" as the nickname to post incognito. Surely no one would recognize a poster with 1k posts if he removed a letter from his nickname, right? Reminds me of how you banned 57 people based on an imageboard shitpost. Glad to know you're still you, never change.

Reddit was Frozenn's drama, wasn't it? Tsk-tsk. Or is "Nikita was seemingly playing as Pringo and Reborn staff went full Gestapo over this rumour" drama a better name? Tsk-tsk intensifies.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:39 am 
Duke

CM_Nikita wrote:

Shitty post? The only thing that's shitty in this thread is your reaction to said post.

It's fine if you're a bunch of amateurs and had no idea that the files can be used as a backdoor, I don't expect you to know every intricacy of every file in your system folder. But a normal reaction to those accusations would be 'we're sorry, we didn't know it can be used like this and we didn't use it in such a way since we didn't even know'.
Instead you started throwing shit around and discrediting mrx, saying it's all a conspiracy against your server. Then Elfocrash comes in and implies that it can be used as a backdoor if the server sends the correct data, after you were discrediting that exact theory.

Do you even realize how monumentally incapable that makes you look right now?

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:33 pm 
Vagabond

Initas, How many times you have been banned and unbanned on this server? How often you get an answer for your questions regarding server?
This server is great till you get banned and ignored by game master.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:34 pm 
Vagabond

Recently I was banned from l2reborn due to RMT without any evidence given. I wrote multiple messages to gm's and game admin's but no answer has been received.

First banned was received for my offline shop witch was always sitting in Giran and trading goods. After this ban I have appealed on forum this decision and got answer that my account was banned due RMT (real money trade). The ticket was closed and now evidence were given to me.

When I opened another ticket on my main account asking why did they ban my offline shop and left my main account. After this post they deleted my post and banned me on the game and on the forum. In this case I wasn't given any explanation and reason as well as first account.

I am really disappointed for communication with game master. I understand how busy they are but I sense some ignorance after server received great population and hit over 2k online players.
I have made a lot of votes to promote server when it was little and made around 300 Euros in donations to support server by buying in game credits for cosmetics, professions and other things, even sending some in game credits to my friends to give them nice cosmetic and most important to support great server.

I hope this messages finds L2Reborn staff and they will give me detailed answer where
I broke server rules if I broke any of them?

RMT is out of the questions because I was below an average player with below an average gear and I would never spoil my experience of Lineage 2 with trading or buying goods for real money.

Nick names Tootsie and ZooByDoo

Sincerely,

Karolis Ciuplys

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:40 am 
Count

OK U SPANISH COCKROACHES, U WIN :)))))

THE SERVER I'M PLAYING ON (HELLFORGE) IS ACTUALLY A SERVER ADVERTISING UR SERVER :)))

SOOO..... GMPOWER U PIECE OF .... , I WANT TO RE-JOIN UR SERVER

WHEN U SEE THIS, LEAVE A REPLY WITH "OK, COME BACK" OR "NO, F.. OFF" :))), NO NEED FOR DETAILS.

AND OFCOURSE IF U ACCEPT ME AGAIN ON UR PIECE OF .... SERVER, THE RMT COMMUNITY+THE "GIMMI ADENA PLS" CRYBABIES WILL HAVE A VERY HARD F..... LIFE WITH ME :)))).

IF U ARE BLIND AND SKIPPED THE "WHEN U SEE THIS, LEAVE REPLY....", I WILL REPEAT IT FOR U MY LORD:
WHEN U SEE THIS LEAVE REPLY WITH "YES" OR "NO"

Last edited by spoilez on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:30 am 
Count

GMPOWER U STILL HAVEN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION, IS A SIMPLE YES OR NO QUESTION.

GET UR HEAD OUT OF UR BUT, AND READ THE POST ABOVE THIS ONE. I UN-BLOCKED U ON DISCORD SO U CAN ADD ME AS FRIEND NOW, AGAIN :DDD. IGNORE MY SMILLING, THIS POST IS SERIOUS :))).

I WANT TO CREATE A NEW CHAR, I DONT CARE ABOUT MY OLD ONES. AFTER I CREATE IT I WILL PM U ON DISCORD THE NICK AND I HOPE IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR THE FALLOWING THINGS:

1) V.I.P
2) FIRST + SECOND CLASS
3) ALL POP-UPS DISABLED FOR MY CHAR

NOW......, I KNOW U ARE READING THIS, SO REPLY THE F... WITH A SIMPLE "YES" OR "NO".
HASTA LA PROXIMA :DDDDD

P.S: IF ANYBODY WHO PLAYS ON REBORN SEES THIS, PLS GO AND WAKE GMPOWER UP AND GIVE HIM THE LINK TO THIS POST, THX :DDDDDD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:58 am 
Vagabond

I played on this server for a while, it was quite decent despite being Java. At first, the spawn was too fast and broken, but it seems to be fixed.
Although I remember 2 serious problems, which, apparently, have not been fixed. Backstab does not work if the opponent's character rotated at least a little with the cursor keys. And in the catacombs there are awkward limits on the number of enemies hit by a spear.
But in the end, everything was badly ruined by people with admin rights. Especially by the admin CM_Nikita, who forever banned entire clans based only on words spoken in jest on an anonymous forum.
To help you understand the administration’s approach, I’ll use one of my friends as an example. He did not even have time to trade or get into a constant party or clan, as he was banned "for RMT". He, like many others, asked on the forum how it happened. To which he received a "robotic" answer: "RMT is prohibited on our server." Anyone who tried to bring this up again was also banned from the forum. If he had an additional account and he had the imprudence to mention it - this account was also banned, just like that.
Simply put, to be suddenly banned from this server, you just need ... anything. You can play for a couple of hours in a group, and then they will tell you that there was an RMT player in this group - and you will be banned.
This reminds me of how players were banned on the official servers when they bought things from the market in Giran, because it turned out that the seller got those things illegally or for RMT.
But the "robotic" attitude is especially disappointing. "You've been banned for RMT beep-bop." "Negative. You were banned for RMT beep-bop."
In short, even without being banned personally, I decided to migrate to ElmoreLab. First of all, because there is a responsive and intelligent admin.
Choosing between a fierce fight against bots and RMT, and a less fierce one but with respect for the players, I choose respect. And i no longer want to play on servers with gullible dudes like CM_Nikita in the administration.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:25 pm 
Vassal

Shnyava wrote:
I played on this server for a while, it was quite decent despite being Java. At first, the spawn was too fast and broken, but it seems to be fixed.
Although I remember 2 serious problems, which, apparently, have not been fixed. Backstab does not work if the opponent's character rotated at least a little with the cursor keys. And in the catacombs there are awkward limits on the number of enemies hit by a spear.
But in the end, everything was badly ruined by people with admin rights. Especially by the admin CM_Nikita, who forever banned entire clans based only on words spoken in jest on an anonymous forum.
To help you understand the administration’s approach, I’ll use one of my friends as an example. He did not even have time to trade or get into a constant party or clan, as he was banned "for RMT". He, like many others, asked on the forum how it happened. To which he received a "robotic" answer: "RMT is prohibited on our server." Anyone who tried to bring this up again was also banned from the forum. If he had an additional account and he had the imprudence to mention it - this account was also banned, just like that.
Simply put, to be suddenly banned from this server, you just need ... anything. You can play for a couple of hours in a group, and then they will tell you that there was an RMT player in this group - and you will be banned.
This reminds me of how players were banned on the official servers when they bought things from the market in Giran, because it turned out that the seller got those things illegally or for RMT.
But the "robotic" attitude is especially disappointing. "You've been banned for RMT beep-bop." "Negative. You were banned for RMT beep-bop."
In short, even without being banned personally, I decided to migrate to ElmoreLab. First of all, because there is a responsive and intelligent admin.
Choosing between a fierce fight against bots and RMT, and a less fierce one but with respect for the players, I choose respect. And i no longer want to play on servers with gullible dudes like CM_Nikita in the administration.

Not many people in ElmoreLab (~700 with dual box)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:21 pm 
Vagabond

Efavios wrote:
Shnyava wrote:

700 pure online, with dual box about 1100-1200

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am 
Vassal

Ice wrote:
Efavios wrote:
Shnyava wrote:

700 pure online, with dual box about 1100-1200

I asked the gm inside the game, online counter adds dual boxes as well but not offline shops.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:06 pm 
Count

GOOD EVENING TECHEXPERTS :DDDD, ARE U SURE U ARE POSTING IN THE RIGHT TOPIC? :DD

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next