Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF - C6] Preview: L2Ash x15
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:23 am 
Marquis

L2Ash wrote:
Yes it is a hybrid server you're correct. PvP is much more hardcore when fights don't go on forever by cp potion kiting. The botting concept is explained on the server forums and it is enforced.

Server hasn't crashed once and we're continuing to improve the experience. Come join us! :)

Regards,
L2Ash Staff

Your features are... different? I think that is the right word, however spending a day on your server it doesn't work for me. You wanted to launch it x15 yet a handful of people made you change it to x10. You originally wanted x1 spoil which is just mad since all your mobs will be blue before you even get anything, you wisely upped it to x3. You seem not to know what you want and are trying too hard to please, you need to be stronger with your own server and control it better.

You also had to wipe the server once already in the week or so it's been on so saying it hasn't crashed is a lie.

No CP pots? Amazing idea

No Catas? Why not since less areas=more PVP so good idea

Botting allowed? Terrible and I think it's just an excuse to not invest in an active GM team and/or security personally

Buffer? Bad idea, should have only allowed at most the Newbie Buffer or retail Song/Dance times.

Rates? Broken as hell. If going x10 and you put drop/spoil/adena x5 it would work.

Some great ideas however and it is refreshing to see people try new stuff with this game, I guess there is a reason why more servers like this never existed.

https://l2etina.com/
https://discord.gg/NjXZcnwWhT

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:54 am 
Baron

The files are indeed great. I left mainly because of the botting policy and the little delay that on every proxy I had. I would make polls for changes and wipe that server because the online decreased if I were admin :)
And even better I would open a low rate server because there is no low rate server with PTS files at this moment

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:26 pm 
Vassal

AdrianG wrote:
Sadly, you didn't even understood what i wrote. PvP is not hardcore, if you have 1hour dances/songs, it's just high rate pvp. But then again, a good pvp server requires a larger community, when you don't expect a larger community, you should just make it low to mid server, focused on grinding...

I mean, the skill of a hardcore pvp party, is seen by their ability to make that perfect nuke party or archer party, the balance in classes, not... put 8 nukers and 1 bish.. and just spam skills... that's not hardcore pvp, at least not in my opinion.

Anyway, since you allow bot i did bot a bit, untill you jailed my characters for i don't know what reason, wich is fine i guess, didn't wanted to play anyway, was just relaxing seeing my 4 bots farming. (maybe beacause you only allow .. 2 bots... wich given the server low players, i have no ideea what the downside was, some 47 lvl bots farming with d grade items.. weren't creating imbalance on the server, that is low populated anyway)

Good luck.. with this project, it's kinda sad, coz you do have good files compared to other interlude, but the settings of the server....

What you and I define as hardcore PvP is different then. We equate hardcore PvP to quick fights that require strategy and quick action. Yes a "PvP" server is a high rate that's true so this might be confusing.

If you bot with more than 2 characters in a party on L2Ash we ban the extra bots - as the rules have stated since the server started.

We appreciate you giving the server a shot :)

Regards,
L2Ash Staff

Last edited by L2Ash on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:34 pm 
Vassal

Amrx wrote:
Your features are... different? I think that is the right word, however spending a day on your server it doesn't work for me. You wanted to launch it x15 yet a handful of people made you change it to x10. You originally wanted x1 spoil which is just mad since all your mobs will be blue before you even get anything, you wisely upped it to x3. You seem not to know what you want and are trying too hard to please, you need to be stronger with your own server and control it better.

You also had to wipe the server once already in the week or so it's been on so saying it hasn't crashed is a lie.

No CP pots? Amazing idea

No Catas? Why not since less areas=more PVP so good idea

Botting allowed? Terrible and I think it's just an excuse to not invest in an active GM team and/or security personally

Buffer? Bad idea, should have only allowed at most the Newbie Buffer or retail Song/Dance times.

Rates? Broken as hell. If going x10 and you put drop/spoil/adena x5 it would work.

Some great ideas however and it is refreshing to see people try new stuff with this game, I guess there is a reason why more servers like this never existed.

We opened up certain settings of the server for community voting because we didn't feel as strongly about them. I'm perfectly happy with how the settings came out - from the test server the game plays well. The only thing the live server needs is more people now! :)

The server has never crashed.... that's not a lie. We wiped the server after 22 hours when an exploit was found that was mass exploited by almost the entire server destroying the economy. A server wipe (/reset) is far different than a crash. A server crash is an issue with file stability - we've had none.

Our anti bot software and security is great. We allow botting for the reasons defined on our forum. Here's a reminder:

We allow emulators because this server is about the nostalgia and memory of L2.
L2 has always had bots, I know because I botted and PK'd bots on the original servers back in 2005/2006.
We want players to be able to play their favorite game while enjoying their family, hobbies and work.
Most 2005/2006 L2 players are in their late twenties to early fourties now and we want them to be able to continue enjoying the best pvp title ever released while living their lives.

TLDR; The people that enjoyed L2 in 05/06 probably don't have 8+ hours a day to put into an MMO anymore.

This server will continue as long as people want to play on it. Also this server is completely free with no donations/purchases whatsoever. No impartial treatment of players or giving items out... which seems to plague every L2 server.

We appreciate you giving the server a shot :)

Regards,
L2Ash Staff

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:23 pm 
Vassal

Kush wrote:
yes....the concept , the features are wrong for my taste too and the worst is that it is allowed to bot on 2 chars.... like WTF ?!

Hi Kush,

Sorry for the confusion. Players can bot with all characters but parties with a bot may not be larger than 2 players. We've re-worded the forum and rules. The intention here is to get away from 3-9 player bot parties which take up large exp areas and can't be pk'd due to their total attack/healing power. Our intention with allowing botting is more for personal farming.

Regards,
L2Ash Staff

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:32 am 
Baron

"The intention here is to get away from 3-9 player bot parties which take up large exp areas " - maybe you shouldn't have disabeld catacombs

"The intention here is to get away from 3-9 player bot parties which take up large exp areas " - lineage 2 is a big world, this might be a problem on server with over 2-3k peopel.. not server with under 100

"s and can't be pk'd due to their total attack/healing power. " that's just nonsense, if they are afk botting ofc they can be pk

"allowing botting is more for personal farming." - i am not even sure what this is suppose to mean.. "personal farm" as oppsed to what? proffesional farm?

Facts are simple, you allowed bots on server, server is not to populated and you started to ban bots, therfore instead of a growing community, you have less and less people playing.
You can't 2box on interlude, you don't have combo buffs, you don't have 3rd proff with pomanders, whatever.. do what you want, is ure server to destroy... but just my opinion, if you started with bots, forbbiding more then 2 ... when you need so much more when you start.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:28 pm 
Vassal

AdrianG wrote:
Facts are simple, you allowed bots on server, server is not to populated and you started to ban bots, therfore instead of a growing community, you have less and less people playing.
You can't 2box on interlude, you don't have combo buffs, you don't have 3rd proff with pomanders, whatever.. do what you want, is ure server to destroy... but just my opinion, if you started with bots, forbbiding more then 2 ... when you need so much more when you start.

"The intention here is to get away from 3-9 player bot parties which take up large exp areas " - maybe you shouldn't have disabeld catacombs
-- Fair enough but we didn't want catacombs and we don't have them. That is not up for debate.

"The intention here is to get away from 3-9 player bot parties which take up large exp areas " - lineage 2 is a big world, this might be a problem on server with over 2-3k peopel.. not server with under 100
-- If each player is running a 4 man adrenaline bot party 100 players becomes 100 farm spots filled. There are premium locations.

"s and can't be pk'd due to their total attack/healing power. " that's just nonsense, if they are afk botting ofc they can be pk
-- It's not nonsense it was observed by GMs on the server. I am speaking from experience and you're offering opinion. Adrenalin bot will respond to a PvP/PK attempt by turning ALL players in the party against the attacker immediately.

"allowing botting is more for personal farming." - i am not even sure what this is suppose to mean.. "personal farm" as oppsed to what? proffesional farm?
-- It means farming by yourself instead of EXPing, raiding, farming with friends, etc.

-- The facts are simple - when you break the rules of the server you're banned. All players are treated the same on L2Ash. If the L2Ash community would like to change the botting rules then they're welcome to make a forum post about it on the L2Ash forums. The staff will dicuss any topic with the community as we have in the past. If the community were to vote in a bot change we would unban the characters that broke a rule that no longer existed.

If you're a player on the L2Ash server you're more than welcome to make posts on the forums about aspects of the server you would like to modify. If the community and staff agree we can hold a vote. Some things like the existence of the catacombs we have a strong belief should not exist on the server.

Otherwise we should probably take this to PMs as this is getting a bit long winded and nothing will change on the server due to off site forum posts.

Regards,
L2Ash Staff

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:07 pm 
Vassal

bump! :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 pm 
Vassal

I'ts a great time to join L2Ash, starting weapons have been upgraded! New players now get a jump start! Dagger, Apprentice's Wand and Squire's Sword weapons are now a little less powerful than top NG. See you soon!
Regards,
L2Ash Staff

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:03 pm 
Vassal

bump!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:44 pm 
Vassal

bump, Christmas event coming Monday! :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:08 pm 
Vassal

It's Christmas on L2Ash! We've brought out the decorations and Santa's helpers have arrived. Checkout our forums or a helper in Giran for more info!

It's a great time to join L2Ash, the newbie weapons have been upgraded to do more damage!

Merry Christmas!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:56 pm 
Vassal

bump! Staff actively working to provide the best L2 experience!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:21 pm 
Vassal

Seven Signs has now been implemented on L2Ash!
All buffs now 2 hour duration.

L2Ash continues to grow into it's final form! We listen to our players, research and don't take any decisions regarding the server lightly.

Everyone is respected by the staff on our server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm 
Baron

All buffs are now 2h -> what's the point now to level up a buffer ? just add all the buffs in the NPC buffer wich you should've done it since start.
When you start a server you should do polls first because maybe your ideas are wrong for most of the people :)
You have there a semi-mid rate server
You should do either a low rate(no buff NPC) or a mid rate (full buff)
Anyways ... when you`re done with this beta for sure more people will join on the next one :) including me

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next