Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: patreon server
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm 
Heir

No big name server owner would agree with that. This is all theoretical anyway, it won't happen unless it's a seasonal cash-grab project.

That doesn't count as one server imo. In those 10 years they probably changed many things including chronicles.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 am 
Vagabond

I keep defending that E-Global / Dex is not P2W at all.

I'm in the 70's, and I haven't need to spend any single euro for premium account (increase rates) or "Club" (buffs), and I join every day laba and kama parties, so the argument that "if you have no premium you don't get invited to parties is a lie".

The only ones that consider this server P2W are the tryhards, which is funny, because the more they play, the more they pay to keep up with the competition.

I played Dawn from the beginning to almost the end, it was a pretty good server because no top tryhards joined (there were a few like Tygriski or Gorillaz at the beginning, but then they adapted to the server's pace). However, I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Dawn 2.0 will be a major fail. Hope to be wrong.

And btw, RPG opening another server /facepalm

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:51 pm 
Heir

Both are cash grab projects. That's why you will never see Dex/E-Global collaborate with servers like Dawn.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 pm 
Duke

enw wrote:
No big name server owner would agree with that. This is all theoretical anyway, it won't happen unless it's a seasonal cash-grab project.

That doesn't count as one server imo. In those 10 years they probably changed many things including chronicles.

Well it wouldn't necessarilly need to be a "1 big project against 5 small ones", it could be multiple similarly-sized projects with maybe a few smaller ones who would obviously have less privileges. The rules would be set from the start and if someone wouldn't like them, they wouldn't need to participate :) As for the 'it wouldn't work anyway because all server owners are greedy buggers' - I understand where that's coming from since that's definitely the first impression a person would have when they look at the current scene, but I resolutely reject that honest server owners don't exist anymore - it's all about getting the correct people together.

@Asterios matter: I guess that's about wording... My deal with this is that if you've created a char there 10 years ago, you'd still have it, and that's what I'm about there when I talk about 'one server'. Regular updates are definitely necessary for any long-term project and specifically the strategy that Asterios chose (aka regular opening of similar servers which they always end up merging into the original project) is imo genious and the correct way of doing a longterm project... Every new project brings some newbies and some of the old folks want to try starting things from the start, so the server lives its own life. Meanwhile the population on the old server naturally decreases, and when it reaches critical point, it simply gets merged, keeping steady population to prevent the vicious circle of 'people leaving because there aren't enough people'. It's quite simple and yet so few projects actually do this.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm 
Heir

If you can find 4-5 long term non-profit servers and convince them to collaborate then sure. They will go against Dex, E-Global and other cash-grab servers.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:31 pm 
Vassal

ayo wrote:

I'm in the 70's, and I haven't need to spend any single euro for premium account (increase rates) or "Club" (buffs)

So, because you dont spend money the server is not pay2win, wtf is that reasoning ?

It's like saying cars are not faster because you use a bike.
Ofc the guy that has a car will be faster than you, just like the guy buying premium, runes, club for buffs, and trading cash shop money for adena will be far ahead, or even fully geared before you even get to 60.

The server is pay2win, period. Wether or not you spend money doesnt change anything.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:08 pm 
Vagabond

change the fact that you can enjoy the game without any of those issues you argue about. But guess you are just a tryhard.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 am 
Duke

To be quite honest, since RMT got so popular, I feel like every server is kind of P2W... I mean, these days you can buy anything from adena through leveled up chars to RB jewels, and you're unlikely to get banned because it's nearly impossible to prove that you actually paid for those items and didn't just 'get them from the friend'. As long as the server is good quality otherwise I don't really mind that much.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:54 pm 
Vagabond

ayo wrote:

I'm in the 70's, and I haven't need to spend any single euro for premium account (increase rates) or "Club" (buffs), and I join every day laba and kama parties, so the argument that "if you have no premium you don't get invited to parties is a lie".

The only ones that consider this server P2W are the tryhards, which is funny, because the more they play, the more they pay to keep up with the competition.

I played Dawn from the beginning to almost the end, it was a pretty good server because no top tryhards joined (there were a few like Tygriski or Gorillaz at the beginning, but then they adapted to the server's pace). However, I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Dawn 2.0 will be a major fail. Hope to be wrong.

And btw, RPG opening another server /facepalm

forget about this comment, the greedy retards now added real unbalancing items to the store like increase enchant rate stones. Congrats for destroying the server after 1 month :x

OfflineProfile