Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: PlayINERA - Gracia Final 4X (Launch date: Sept 20, 2019)
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:22 am 
Elder

Launch: September 20, 2019

http://vanilla.playinera.com

Last edited by PlayINERA on Thu May 02, 2019 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: PlayINERA - Gracia Final 4X
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:25 am 
Elder

Status as of May 01, 2019

Closed Beta

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:51 am 
Duke

Ooo, glad to see you guys back... PlayINERA is a definition of a top-grade custom server, L2 needs these.

btw. the ad topic looks really neat :o

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:55 am 
Baron

I was waiting for inera launch low rate project.! Finally!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:34 am 
Duke

Yes please.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:40 am 
Baron

Icarus wrote:
Yes please.

I am disappointed of you. I remember many years ago you made poll for project which never came :D I think it was about Hellbound or something :D

or am I mixed here and you not that guy D:?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm 
Duke

aqdevas wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Yes please.

I am disappointed of you. I remember many years ago you made poll for project which never came :D I think it was about Hellbound or something :D

or am I mixed here and you not that guy D:?

Haha damn yeah I did. I was growing tired of playing imbalanced Interlude and saw that there were some people like me who weren't happy about the state of the private servers back then (it's funny cuz it's much worse now).
I knew there would be some work for the server to go online, but I at least expected it to be reasonable. Instead the Hellbound files I received didn't even have half of the Kamael chronicle implemented, let alone Hellbound. Most Kamael skills didn't even work for example, it was basically an Interlude made to work with the Hellbound chronicle and with a few extra bits and pieces.

Really sad I couldn't get my hands on decent files. I believe we still don't have any decent Hellbound packs floating around. Really sorry I disappointed :<

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:20 pm 
Baron

Icarus wrote:

Really sad I couldn't get my hands on decent files. I believe we still don't have any decent Hellbound packs floating around. Really sorry I disappointed :<

This is why Hellbound should be done by downgrading Gracia final client (well this was impossible back on those days). I heard last year that L2Citadel will do this but they are gone now completely looks like ;/

I even strongly believe that current interlude project should use Gracia final client and downgrade to c6 for:

- performance boost;
- user friendly UI;
- enter chat working;
- shortcut system working
- more accessories like hats cloaks and so on.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:04 pm 
Duke

I agree with you, but unfortunately there's not a lot of people who want Hellbound right now and developers are expensive. Since Hellbound wasn't a long-lived chronicle and it hasn't been exposed to the private server masses in a good format, people have forgotten it.
I think C5 and Hellbound were some of the most balanced and enjoyable chronicles we had. People treat Interlude as the old school chronicle, but it's amazing that they forgot how poorly it was received when it launched. Augments completely fucked everything.

But yeah downgrading to Hellbound wasn't possible back then. I believe we were only at Gracia Part 2, and the PTS leak was ~1-2 years later during Gracia Final if I'm not mistaken.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:00 am 
Elder

It's certainly nice to be back.

We're having a quick poll to determine the outcome of one particular feature. Should we:

A) Restrict Olympiad to Friday, Sat, Sun only (inactive during sieges/TW), and reduce hero cycle to 1 week.

B) Restrict Olympiad to Friday, Sat, Sun only (inactive during sieges/TW), and keep hero cycle 2 weeks.

C) Restrict Olympiad to Friday, Sat, Sun only (inactive during sieges/TW), and keep hero cycle monthly.

D) Keep hero cycle and Olympiad retail.

We're looking for good answers from either developers or players with a strong sense for the game.

Feel free to answer or PM me if you're not comfortable posting in public.

Regards,
Vice

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:42 am 
Vassal

Ooooh this looks promising :o

I'm getting tired of the custom shit people try to do with interlude.
Looks like some serious work has been put into this, and you guys even do polls, nice. :P

Sadly the only thing I know about Inera is the name, I've never tried any of their servers and I can't find much on google.
Can anyone who played there shed some light on some of their past projects ? how was it ? [bugs ? pay2win ? lags ? geodata ?]

Thanks

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:47 pm 
Duke

Kamini wrote:
Looks like some serious work has been put into this, and you guys even do polls, nice. :P

This is honestly one of the highest quality L2 private servers you can come across. There are some custom features but they're well thought out and everything actually works as it should.

Kamini wrote:
Sadly the only thing I know about Inera is the name, I've never tried any of their servers and I can't find much on google.
Can anyone who played there shed some light on some of their past projects ? how was it ? [bugs ? pay2win ? lags ? geodata ?]

I played on what I believe was the initial Inera release a few years ago (2 years?) and it was definitely a great experience. The population was solid and bugs were non existent but I don't remember what you could do with cash though. There were some donations but I don't remember anything invasive, so I think it's ok. I guess I would've remembered if the donations were unfair since I'm so opposed to them.

Now that they're doing a low-rate project I might actually put aside my hate for the current L2 server scene and join up.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:17 pm 
Elder

I'll shed some light on our project and our team..

We've had 2 projects successfully open up to this date. The first, Revamped Season 1, was a custom approach to Lineage 2, introducing brand new event engines we coded called PIE and our unique Blood system which introduced features like the Blood Price and Blood Stone currency. A lot of new and unique systems were coded for Season 1. The second was Revamped Season 2, we introduced the ability tree and several improvements to our platform, including a dynamic global event called the Blood Royale. The second season was less polished when it came to progression, unfortunately we made a critical error in allowing the SoD to be open at the start. This was a dire blow to a lot of our casual players and so the season suffered some backlash. But these are lessons learned. As of now the Revamped project has been put on hold as we need time to revisit its features to better structure the world.

In the meantime, our team has focused our attention on creating a nostalgic retail server with features that are very close to the original game. It is 2019, however, so players have less time to play so we've attuned certain things like raidboss respawns, olympiad, etc. We're taking polls often to make sure that the hardcore players are equally satisfied among the casual players. A good balance is key. We have coined our retail world 'Vanilla' in honour of the Vanilla gameplay we all grew up on and loved.

A bit about INERA. We are a team that's been together for over 5 years. Our files have been reworked for a period of 5 years, our Epilogue pack is one of the most stable versions out there, with features that very few teams can rival. For example, our event engine is often requested by developers but it is exclusive to our project.

Our team consists of 2 developers and one UI/UX designer. We work together very well and genuinely enjoy developing the platforms that we work on. To us, it's a fun hobby. When it comes to donations, our team has never made a profit to date. We've reinvested all the funds into improving our infrastructure. Donations have never been pay to win; in fact, a lot of bigger clans will often select our servers simply because we do not offer pay outs or broken features through donations. We believe that the game should be fair and honest to those that can pay and to those play.

This project means a lot to us. We're hoping a lot of talented players will come out and shed some light on our features and give it a try. This server will focus on maintaining a very healthy balance between the casual and hardcore community. Keep in mind, it will not be easy. You will need to grind, and you will need to be strategic. You will need to level Hellbound according to our protocol, and you will need to craft a lot of the gear until SoD opens. Our world will revolve largely around Hellbound and its current stage or confidence level.

This is the retail experience for a 2019 crowd.

If anyone has input or suggestions feel free to post them here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vice

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:04 am 
Vassal

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Your server really looks promising. I'm really looking forward to trying something new.
I wont apply to the Beta though, 10 years of interlude for only 2 high five servers, I dont think I can provide meaningful feedback on gracia features/bugs

In the meantime i'll stick around your forum, the detailed changelogs and community polls/feedback are nice to read.
Also it's nice to see a forum that isn't filled with foreign posts, where you have to google translate half of the posts to know what's going on.

BTW that ingame droplist/search feature looks clean as fuck :D

Hope to see you guys online soon. GL

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:19 pm 
Elder

The drop list is indeed clean as heck. Our UX designer has the capability to reverse engineer the client and makes some very cool features / UIs. Another example is the ingame systemmsg editor which allows you to adjust the color scheme of the system messages from within the game, not requiring an l2 file editor. A lot of the features in the INERA hub are coded from the ground up.

Interesting work indeed. To find out more contact Sindelia from our forum.

Regards,
Vice

OfflineProfile