Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What do I need to build a server for my own?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:21 am 
Vagabond

Over all these years playing the game, I have learned that I actually don't care about politics or server's development, I just want to enjoy the Lineage 2 world.

So, I was thinking about creating a local server and just wander around. It can and will have bugs, I just don't care as long as I can just log in.

What would I need in order to get this local server up and running?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: What do I need to build a server for my own?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:08 pm 
Count

:)))))))))))), SOUNDS GREAT MAN :DDD

COUNT ME IN AS A GM, IF U EVER DO IT, AND AFTER WE CAN SEARCH FOR SOME HUMAN WASTE GMS THAT CAN FIX THE BUGS :DDDD

I ALSO DONT CARE ABOUT BUGS :DDD, BECAUSE I HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF WHO IS ABUSING THEM :DDD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 pm 
Duke

spoilez wrote:

COUNT ME IN AS A GM, IF U EVER DO IT, AND AFTER WE CAN SEARCH FOR SOME HUMAN WASTE GMS THAT CAN FIX THE BUGS :DDDD

I ALSO DONT CARE ABOUT BUGS :DDD, BECAUSE I HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF WHO IS ABUSING THEM :DDD

Bro try to cool it a bit with the spamming :|

ayo wrote:
Over all these years playing the game, I have learned that I actually don't care about politics or server's development, I just want to enjoy the Lineage 2 world.

So, I was thinking about creating a local server and just wander around. It can and will have bugs, I just don't care as long as I can just log in.

Unfortunately I don't have much experience myself but you are much more likely to get some help here: https://maxcheaters.com/forum/25-server ... ssion-l2j/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:48 am 
Count

Herlitz wrote:
spoilez wrote:

Bro try to cool it a bit with the spamming :|

ayo wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have much experience myself but you are much more likely to get some help here: https://maxcheaters.com/forum/25-server ... ssion-l2j/

dont forget to loCK this topic pls: viewtopic.php?p=311609#p311609

good MORNING PEN IS OK MAN JUST DELETE MY SPAM OR BAN ME A COUPLE OF DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS/YEARS, I DONT KNOW :))))))

P.S: AYO DONT GO TO MAXCHEATERS MAN, THEY CHEAT......., HOW MUCH MORE OBVIOUS U WANT IT?

THEY HAVE ALL SORTS OF L2 CHEATS, EVERY POSSIBLE IMAGINABLE CHEAT, WHY THE FUCK WOULD U RECOMMEND SOME PIECES OF .... LIKE THAT? THEY DONT CARE ABOUT MAKING A GREAT SERVER, THEY CARE ABOUT MAKING MONEY. PEN IS CORRECT THEY WILL MAKE UR SERVER, BUT THEY WONT GIVE A SHIT ON IT :DDDD (PEN = HERLITZ)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:55 am 
Heir

ayo wrote:

Hi,

You need a good l2j build or off files.
This can be a bit of a hassle.
The easiest way to get server files is get some source and compile it.

You need MySQL installed. (off files need MSSQL)
You need a datapack that belongs to the server version, this can also be tricky to find

Once you have all of that, installation is fairly simple but there is a lot of configuring to do before it even runs and if you have console (java) errors you need to fix those.

All in all it's not too hard but you do need some knowledge and skill.

Your best bet if you never done anything like this is to get the latest l2j server/datapack from their site, which should work. It's H5 though...

Good luck!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:55 am 
Vassal

you need courage, my friend :twisted:

OfflineProfile