Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: l2classic NCsoft free2play 03.10
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:57 pm 
Marquis

Finally after looooong time NCwest decided to open fully free to play NA classic servers and they gonna be free to play!
2 servers announced ( for now ) with different time zones to suit the playerbase all over the world.

Talking Island GMT-5
Giran GMT+2

for some reason NCshop this time is somehow not pay2win :D

there are 2 launch packs available only BEFORE server starts the launch packs + ingame VIP system based on how many coins u buy and they are the only pay2win aspect in the game .
u can also buy shots but the price is like ~15-20 USD/hour farm so doesnt matter ( unless u are Bill Gates son)

More info on packs here :
https://forums.lineage2.com/forum/35-general-discussion

Official Forums :
https://forums.lineage2.com/forum/35-ge ... iscussion/

Servers gonna start from patch 1.5 with some QOL changed from latest update.
latest fishing [confirmed]
latest skills [ not confirmed but most likely yes]
NO rune/SA system for now [confirmed]
Beast/summon shots [confirmed]
Only 1 catacomb [confirmed]
the highest level zone gonna be LOA/ war torn plains . this means no zaken/gc/goddard zones/
looping macro system REMOVED!
drop from dead REMOVED!
level cap to 70 .

futures updates are now in hands of NCsoft. they dont have to wait for Koreans to let them patch.
They said patches gonna be released according to players progress in the server.

Russia/ China BANNED from playing ( aswell as most of the Asia continent countries) !!!!!

dont forget w/o looping macros there wont be any fully automated legit bot groups . also keep in mind that adrenaline or w/e bot is running only on 1 game client /hwid. maybe the era of bot trains is gone :D

/discuss

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: l2classic NCsoft free2play 03.10
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:18 am 
Baron

irrelevant

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:46 am 
Marquis

why is that ? private servers are more relevant?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:38 pm 
Baron

will be the same story like skelth

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:21 pm 
Duke

Man that all sounds good but.. If the servers are located in NA just like the Live servers, Europeans will have shit ping. The only way to get acceptable ping would be to use apps like WTFast.

If there's really no p2w in the store (cosmetics only), no macro loops and its free you can count me right the fuck in.
As long as the ping is decent.

It's curious that they chose to start with Classic 1.5. Not that I'm complaining, I liked it when stuff was simple and B-grade was top tier equipment. What happened with 2.0+ anyway I remember some people were complaining about Skelth, any clue about that? I didn't really pay attention because I only played Skelth for a month or two. I saw that they brought back augments at some point which completely convinced me to not go back to Skelth again.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:29 pm 
Marquis

Kush wrote:
will be the same story like skelth

its the same on every populated server if u look from that point. russians are abusing everything , if NCsoft somehow manage to do their job (banning RMTs i mean) its not going to happen. there will be russians ofc BUT , innova opens NEW russian server 1 day before NCwest . keep that in mind

@icarus what happened to skelth is instinct group (madpro clan ) closed LOA for everyone and selling adena for 6 months and innova was doing NOTHING about that . everyone was 55-58 lvl while their party was 70 farming kariks 24/7 and letting noone going to LOA for the next 2 months. the party im talking about isnt going to NCwest now. There will be russians ofc but not on that trihard level.
the only issue gonna be the ping . i think Giran server gonna have EU proxies and all but Talking island wont .

its not rly going to be 1.5 version . it will be the latest update just with lvl cap and some things removed. we will most likely have the newest skills ( 5 min d/s etc) . while the highest level zone gonna be LOA/TOI/ war torn plains. max grade on items will be B grade aswell. they gonna release new patches as the server progress tho so we gonna have A grade at some point too .

store isnt going to be fully cosmetic . there is some VIP system that gives up to 50% bonus exp. buffscrolls gonna be there too but they have to attract ppl buying their shit so .

cloaks/brooches/ QHP +more op stuff are not on the NCstore ( for now xd ) .
the starting packs are juicy tho .....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:06 am 
Duke

Man if they have an EU proxy I'm sold. Been waiting for a decent server and maybe I'll be able to put in the time in for grinding. I wasn't up for paying 10 eur a month for Skelth because I take breaks. I never liked the subscription model, and it's the main reason why I never even played retail that much even back in the day.

Interesting about Skelth, Innova are a bunch of fucks if they didn't do anything about LOA being closed and selling Adena. I actually had some faith in them, compared to NCSoft at least.

Welp, in 2 days we find out.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:00 pm 
Duke

Icarus wrote:
Man that all sounds good but.. If the servers are located in NA just like the Live servers, Europeans will have shit ping. The only way to get acceptable ping would be to use apps like WTFast.

People already tried it, even with WTFast you get to around 150 ping from EU which results into around 0,5s delay... Call me spoiled first worlder, but that's just not playable in my book. Also as far as I know, programs like WTFast also have subscription fees, so it kinda defeats the purpose anyway :?

But anyway it's NCsoft so it's 50:50 they're getting destruction enchant scrolls by Christmas :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 pm 
Duke

Herlitz wrote:
Icarus wrote:

People already tried it, even with WTFast you get to around 150 ping from EU which results into around 0,5s delay... Call me spoiled first worlder, but that's just not playable in my book. Also as far as I know, programs like WTFast also have subscription fees, so it kinda defeats the purpose anyway :?

But anyway it's NCsoft so it's 50:50 they're getting destruction enchant scrolls by Christmas :mrgreen:

I actually tried WTFast on <one of their current servers> and it was very much playable. Sure, not as smooth as Dex (not sure where Dex hosting is, might actually be in Romania) but definitely good.

It was unplayable without it, we're talking 200-300ms.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:48 pm 
Marquis

i got 150-180 w/o any programs . any free program to reduce the ping ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:58 pm 
Vagabond

for some reason NCshop this time is somehow not pay2win ?? Yes sure :)
Xp/Sp +25%
Item Drop +50%
Death Penalty Reduction (XP) -20%
and the big PAY2WIN is PVE Damage Increase +10%
this is worst pay2win ever i see it and after few weeks they will make event for some runes magic sticks belts etc ho u need to spend 100$ + to get 1 more item that give u 10% pve dmg or pvp dmg
And my tip is never hook to ncwest this server is made to milk players for money gl to ho go there !

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 pm 
Duke

bemyfrag wrote:
i got 150-180 w/o any programs . any free program to reduce the ping ?

I'm not sure if it's still the same but.. About 1-2 years ago WTFast could be used indefinitely by just creating as many trial accounts as you wanted. I believe they lasted for 1 week each.
Not the nicest thing to do but you find a way when you're a cheap piece of shit like I am :D

Bananao wrote:
for some reason NCshop this time is somehow not pay2win ?? Yes sure :)
Xp/Sp +25%
Item Drop +50%
Death Penalty Reduction (XP) -20%
and the big PAY2WIN is PVE Damage Increase +10%
this is worst pay2win ever i see it and after few weeks they will make event for some runes magic sticks belts etc ho u need to spend 100$ + to get 1 more item that give u 10% pve dmg or pvp dmg
And my tip is never hook to ncwest this server is made to milk players for money gl to ho go there !

That's similar to XP runes, makes stuff a bit easier but it's absolutely not pay2win.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:18 pm 
Vagabond

Quote:
That's similar to XP runes, makes stuff a bit easier but it's absolutely not pay2win

Ok dude we will talk again in few weeks :) when they will show u what is pay2win :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:20 pm 
Baron

you guys are so naive, official servers are more greedy than private ones you should know it by now. You'll see later.Still worth to play to consume your hype :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:21 am 
Duke

Bananao wrote:
Quote:
That's similar to XP runes, makes stuff a bit easier but it's absolutely not pay2win

Ok dude we will talk again in few weeks :) when they will show u what is pay2win :)

Ah so now it's gonna be in a few weeks. Whatever you say.
Not excluding the possibility of that happening at some point, I just find your basic fallacy of changing targets amusing.

Kush wrote:
you guys are so naive, official servers are more greedy than private ones you should know it by now. You'll see later.Still worth to play to consume your hype :D

Official GoD+ servers sure, but the Classic ones will remain to be seen. Right now they're not.

fosho!

OfflineProfile