This is Live, not Classic right?

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [OFFICIAL INNOVA] New server - October 24th - Orfen
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm 
Viscount

Icarus wrote:
This is Live, not Classic right?

yep it will be new chronicle, i think they call it orfen chronicle or smth... would not suggest, unless you want to bury all nostalgic memories and to see how lineage 2 fell into abyss

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:33 pm 
Duke

I know what you mean, I tried retail back around Helios (hey, it's free) and I really didn't like what the game had become.
Coupled with the fact that it's practically pay2win if you wanna be competitive made me quickly leave around level 70 (really easy to get to that level but starts getting really hard afterwards).

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm 
Elder

I can't say I didn't like GoD when it first launched. Even if it moved away from the original open world PvP aspect that had already began dissapearing with High Five.

I joined Magmeld back when the game first went F2P, and I had one of the best experiences I could ever hope for in this game. I literally PvP'd for 12 HOURS STRAIGHT just trying to get a hold of the top floors of Tower of Insolence while we were all lvl 61+. This was a fresh server (not Naia or Chronos) so we didn't have any mentors from the get go. Everybody started from scratch and the game felt alive, much like an overpopulated low rate server like RPGclub or something.

I truly had a lot of fun, and even post-85 content felt good, I didn't mind the grind. The problem was when we hit the first huge paywall: lvl 90. The routine became the same, log in, do Kartia Labyrinth and other instances, and then log out because no vitality and shit drops all around. I ended up having 8 different accounts with different characters just to do the same thing everyday.

That's when I decided to leave and never looked back.

I wonder though, what would a custom private server be like on the Original GoD chronicle, but deleting all of the post 85 content.

What does this mean? Well, features and changes made to classes and new mobs/areas would be kept (having pet+servitor up at the same time, on-screen damage, over-hit functionality, combo dances/songs, party limit of 7 people, etc). No 4th classes, no post 85 farming areas, no post 85 amors, weapons, jewels.

I think it would be great to be honest. Sure, it would require some balance (Overlords and Warcryers healing HP and MP thought drains for example would need to be nerfed) but I think it would be great.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:23 am 
Vassal

The newest chronicles are different from what you've experienced years ago when GoD was first released.
It's not about doing the same instances over and over again. There are sooo many things to do that you may happen not go to the same place twice a week.
You should try it out

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:04 pm 
Vassal

i think this is gonna be great, im joining with my friends with idea to avoid nolifing and resisting p2w stuff, as if you dont rush the game you will get result.

However, if you lookup current game Core+Ramona server statistics up to this day there is classes that just change every month for hero. so i doubt that p2w aspect impacts it that much

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:16 pm 
Duke

ceburekas wrote:
i think this is gonna be great, im joining with my friends with idea to avoid nolifing and resisting p2w stuff, as if you dont rush the game you will get result.

However, if you lookup current game Core+Ramona server statistics up to this day there is classes that just change every month for hero. so i doubt that p2w aspect impacts it that much

When I played (or rather, tried to play) on Ramona, it wasn't really P2W that bothered me as much as the P2P did - in other words, I was basically unable to make any progress without either spending on L2store or on RMT. It was the NCsoft's policy of fighting bots which consisted of constant nerfing the solo hunting grounds, which ultimately didn't hurt the botters as much as it killed the solo players. Curious if they did anything about it on Orfen.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:14 pm 
Viscount

Herlitz wrote:
ceburekas wrote:

When I played (or rather, tried to play) on Ramona, it wasn't really P2W that bothered me as much as the P2P did - in other words, I was basically unable to make any progress without either spending on L2store or on RMT. It was the NCsoft's policy of fighting bots which consisted of constant nerfing the solo hunting grounds, which ultimately didn't hurt the botters as much as it killed the solo players. Curious if they did anything about it on Orfen.

Well, reducing the group size to 7(not sure if it's still the same) and the amount of support needed in a group encouraged and made it easier to find and play with groups. Not to mention that the LFP panels are working quite well since Epilogue. So there is basically no excuse to play solo. I can understand that some people might preffer that, i used to play solo a lot, too, but the game wasn't designed for that at all, and if you think about it, it was even worse before. You could never truly solo(having just 1 active box).

Look at Gracia Final. Post 79 content is literally only designed for groups, and on x1 rates, it would be almost impossible to continue playing without wanting to kill yourself, even after 76+.

Some clip i made: https://youtu.be/kGv5I6uwfPc

OfflineProfile