Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: L2 Dawn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 am 
Elder

You should be used that private servers open and close every day, by now.
Enough would be to say "thank you for 2 years of best interlude experience", instead of long crying about it.

In my opinion x5 sux at such long term projects, while x5 is perfect for 2 month rush servers.
If we talk about 2+ years, i would vote for x1 anytime.
Community of L2Dawn knows better than anyone, why x3 > x5, because they had long term x5 experience.
But i can't disagree that rates are about preference too.

You must spend more time on x3 than on x5?
I spend exactly the same amount of time daily in each type.
Please explain to me, how x3 forces you to play more hours than x5?

Thanks for your attention. I’m looking forward to your reply.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 am 
Elder

Vote for L2Dawn rates x1 vs x3
http://www.l2dawn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4543

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:14 am 
Heir

I love how people * and moan about someone spending their time and money so they can have some fun, for free.

Maybe if RB's wouldn't get exploited it would't be full of enchants and other crap.
Maybe if rates are adjusted and not just have x1, x3, x5, etc for EVERYTHING it would be more fun to play.
Maybe some people want to make a dwarf and spoil/craft their own stuff and not join a clan or group that just does RB's because easy loot and xp.
Maybe I should stop playing or configure my local server again just to have a little fun without a bunch of narcissistic children spoiling it because they are so cool and need to PK people.
My server: xp/sp/adena x3, drop/spoil x10, RB's near impossible without a proper group and nerfed material drops.
Go make a fucking dwarf if you want stuff, it's the core mechanic of the game, crafting, it's why I like it, not PVP, not RB's, crafting and getting your stuff by grinding your ass off. You know, lineage 2?
My 2 cts, I don't need change. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:22 am 
Duke

Brood wrote:
Enough would be to say "thank you for 2 years of best interlude experience", instead of long crying about it.

Of course servers open and close every day. Obviously when the online drops and you've got 10 people logging in every day who just sit around Giran's monument to chat about football there's no point in keeping the server alive.

But in all honesty, I can't remember a single other server which would close immediately with a very decent online just because the admin thought he didn't feel like it anymore. I mean yes, when you compare Dawn to regular servers then it still was better than 99% of them, but the thing is, when you find something special you expect more of it than such illogical end.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:31 am 
Elder

Beppie wrote:
I love how people * and moan about someone spending their time and money so they can have some fun, for free.

That's why i'm so confused now. I expected different reaction about L2Dawn.

I agree that RBs shouldn't be the "items for free".
But they also must remain worth to kill. And worth to compete for.
I am sure that rb drop was below x5.
And personally, i don't think it was too high.
In case of many RBs, it was more profitable to spend that time on spoil, than waste time on some specific RB.

If you talk about many EWS in market, i can tell you, it wasn't related to RBs.
It is related exactly to spoil.

Atm it is not decided that it will be x3x3x3x3x3x3. But exp rate will be x3.(in case if x3 wins the votes)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
Brood wrote:

Of course servers open and close every day. Obviously when the online drops and you've got 10 people logging in every day who just sit around Giran's monument to chat about football there's no point in keeping the server alive.

But in all honesty, I can't remember a single other server which would close immediately with a very decent online just because the admin thought he didn't feel like it anymore. I mean yes, when you compare Dawn to regular servers then it still was better than 99% of them, but the thing is, when you find something special you expect more of it than such illogical end.

For how long those players would play, if server was swarmed by bots instead of closing?
And how good/bad it would be to its reputation, in case of bots swarming it?(i talk about bots, but obviously, bot's aren't the only and not the biggest problem.)
No captain abandons his ship. And ship had to sink.

Dawn promised to sail for years, and it did it.
New Dawn will be a better ship, with better armor, with more experienced crew.
And it learned from all mistakes, that were present in construction of the first ship.
And you have a free ticket for that ship.
Do you want to believe in the new ship? It's up to you.
That's how i see it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:37 pm 
Vassal

Icarus wrote:
Brood wrote:
Icarus wrote:

I never said China did a shit job running that server. I only said he fucked up by closing it out of the blue.

http://www.l2dawn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4504 unofficial poll about rates.
I understand why you are upset, but i disagree. He really did a great job by running that server. He had rights and reasons to close it. And i even support him with closing it.(don't want to explain it here, why i support him in that decision.)
Keep in mind - 2 years uptime for C6 server nowadays. Doing it for free. And working hard to provide the best experience possible in the market today. -Very far from "fucked up" in my opinion, if we look at the competition, then it's even further from "fucked up".

Dude, not even 100 people voted for that. 50% more people voted in the official thread, that's more than enough to sway that statistic. It would have taken 5 seconds to type in another option. You can't just ignore sample size.
Few would have not joined if it was still 5x, but more will not join now that it's only 3x. There's a big difference between those two rates, especially in the beginning. And remember that solo players form the bulk of the playerbase initially, and on top of that we aren't 16 year olds with unlimited time anymore.

And I don't care how much you wish to sugar coat it, what he did was stupid. I don't care about his reasons, it was an objectively bad decision and I'm not the only one weary of what he'll do next. It would have been much better to let the server die on itself instead of pulling the plug, no matter how much you wanna talk around it.

yTr wrote:
You should be thankful that in 2016 you could experience Interlude server with 2 years uptime and no donations other than hat accessory.

He didn't say he wasn't thankful, he said China did the wrong thing. You got trouble reading or trouble thinking?

Who said he wasn't? You got trouble reading or thinking?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:30 pm 
Duke

Brood wrote:
For how long those players would play, if server was swarmed by bots instead of closing?

As long as they'd want, and that's what it's about. I understand your point of view there, but you have to agree that the very least China could've done was making a poll - explain the situation and let players decide whether they want the server closed immediately or just let it live its life, while explaining the possible risks. I bet most people would prefer to sail wherever the ship would've aimed. And as you were talking about the reputation - I'm pretty sure the sudden closing did far more damage than this alternative solution would've.

Either way, I'm sure the new Dawn will be at least as successful as the last one, they really deserve it, let's just keep fingers crossed they've learned from their past mistakes enough.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:37 pm 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
Brood wrote:

As long as they'd want, and that's what it's about. I understand your point of view there, but you have to agree that the very least China could've done was making a poll - explain the situation and let players decide whether they want the server closed immediately or just let it live its life, while explaining the possible risks. I bet most people would prefer to sail wherever the ship would've aimed. And as you were talking about the reputation - I'm pretty sure the sudden closing did far more damage than this alternative solution would've.

Either way, I'm sure the new Dawn will be at least as successful as the last one, they really deserve it, let's just keep fingers crossed they've learned from their past mistakes enough.

I disagree with democracy on a ship.
And i disagree with it in general.
For dawn to become better, it should close.
But i understand your POV.
P.s. Don't think that i represent administration, i'm just a simple player.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:19 pm 
Baron

1st of all Dawn closed because China was alone and he couldn't take care of it because of real life issues, he said that. 2nd of all there was very few ppl playing left and those who were still playing were chatting in towns, epics had no pvp etc. 3: Evoke was opening and already 90% of dawn's population announced their presence there and even those 100 players who continued on dawn probably would join on evoke so he closed it before evoke's opening wich was the best choice. First year dawn had RB drop x5, i remember when i joined after like 5 months of server's life and ppl were getting at almost every RB full drops, after they reduced the drop to x3 if im not wrong.

Brood is right , how x3 forces you to play more hours than x5?
The rates are the same for everyone, this game is never ending so you don't have a target for example to start pvping only when you get A or S.

In my oppinion x3 is better than x5, on x5 after 1year+ the situation was ridiculous on server, people had nothing to do but farming only for ++ weapons.I watched some videos on youtube and most of the archers had blue bows, they should've renamed the server into l2star-wars.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:35 am 
Duke

Brood wrote:

I meant that it takes longer to reach the end game. I'm not gonna lie, grinding is a big chore to me and I enjoy the late game the most. That's why I mostly look for midrates.
One thing I agree with is that rates are really subjective, as we can obviously see.

By the way, you can set up your signature so you don't have to copy-paste the URL for voting in each post of yours.

yTr wrote:

What, you turned into a monkey now, repeating exactly what I say? We support racial diversity in this forum but this is getting ridiculous.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 am 
Vassal

Icarus wrote:
Brood wrote:

I meant that it takes longer to reach the end game. I'm not gonna lie, grinding is a big chore to me and I enjoy the late game the most. That's why I mostly look for midrates.
One thing I agree with is that rates are really subjective, as we can obviously see.

By the way, you can set up your signature so you don't have to copy-paste the URL for voting in each post of yours.

yTr wrote:

What, you turned into a monkey now, repeating exactly what I say? We support racial diversity in this forum but this is getting ridiculous.

calling names wowooo, go educate yourself more gipsy and don't talk to me ever again.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:01 pm 
Duke

yTr wrote:
calling names wowooo, go educate yourself more gipsy and don't talk to me ever again.

It's funny you speak of education, if you actually had a decent organ between your ears you'd understand that's a metaphor and not name calling. Despite your lacking cognitive ability, that still doesn't give you the right to take it one step further into full blown racist insults.

Because I'm in a good mood today you're getting away with a warning. Next time you're getting a break, we don't tolerate this shit here towards any member.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:44 pm 
Viscount

grabs popcorn

Some clip i made: https://youtu.be/kGv5I6uwfPc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:56 pm 
Duke

https://media0.giphy.com/media/UlqLDtI8Qc0j6/source.gif