Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [L2OFF] GameCoast.Net Classic x3 29/06/2018
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:25 am 
Vagabond

Grand opening of truly first retail Classic platform with latest Antharas update.

NOT EXTENDER, NOT JAVA, TRULY RETAIL L2OFF CLASSIC FILES.

Main server rates:
    EXP/SP/Adena: x3;
    Drop: x2;
    Quests: х2;
    Spoil: x2.
International server with minimal donate.

https://classic.gamecoast.net
Forum english thread: https://forum.gamecoast.net/topic/9183- ... 800-3-utc/

The server will be opened on June 29 at 18:00 Moscow time UTC+3

Original gamecoast forum topic text:
Quote:
Dear friends,

today we are ready to announce a new stage in the life of our complex. The official opening of the server Vanaheimr based on the Lineage 2 Classic chronicles with the x3 rates will held on June 29, at 18:00 Moscow time . At the moment server is in the open testing mode and we carefully study all feedbacks from you. In addition, we redeem all advertising spaces to provide you with the maximum online.

Following the best traditions of Gamecoast, the new gaming world uses the official server platform Lineage II Classic version 2.0 with the latest Antharas update. Moreover, we have made a lot of efforts to make your game even more comfortable and implemented several significant chips, including offline trading and ability to block the experience.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [L2OFF] GameCoast.Net Classic x3 29/06/2018
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 am 
Duke

The low-rate classic scene is already saturated with servers, why aren't you considering a mid-rate classic?
L2classic.ws was already a big success and would have continued being so if the owner hadn't decided to be retarded and abandon the project (and lie about everything around the project).

If you really have Off classic files and are willing to go something like 15x, people will absolutely flock to your server. Just saying.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:12 am 
Duke

Is this a joke? Another lowrate classic server? What's the point, there're enough lowrates already, give us a midrate for heavens' sake :roll:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:26 pm 
Baron

this is RU project. 95% of player base will be Russians.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:04 pm 
Viscount

If they really have retail files then it means other servers will soon have them as well, i suppose. A 10-15x classic would really be great.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:32 pm 
Duke

aqdevas wrote:
this is RU project. 95% of player base will be Russians.

Yeah but why bother just taking 'crumbs' of the RU community which - for some reason - doesn't play on ru offi yet, when you can actually build a different community for everyone?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:26 am 
Duke

DocHouse wrote:
If they really have retail files then it means other servers will soon have them as well, i suppose. A 10-15x classic would really be great.

To be honest I'm surprised there aren't more servers with Off Classic files.
L2classic.ws had Off files, I've got no idea where they came from but they seemed pretty good.
Dex seems to have some Off derivative as well, but I suspect they're developing their own extender given the timeline of their updates. Maybe it's a downgrade from Gracia Off while also adding the new stuff. Certainly within the realm of possibilities.

However I'm wondering whether there was a retail Classic leak, l2classic.ws was way too early and way too complete. The fact that the donation system was so aggressive makes me think the owner bought the files from someone, paid a pretty hefty price and tried to make their investment back. That project was definitely exclusively for profit considering the donations and how hard they were lying about the population.

I agree that server owners are missing a big boat by not opening a classic midrate, but at the same time I can kinda understand the hesitation. The last server which attempted this, L2Warage, flopped so hard it wasn't even funny. But those idiots deserved it considering how disgusting their marketing campaign was.

A good Classic midrate without full buffs (maybe a few basic ones to get you going) would be an instant success. Especially since a 15x Classic would still be quite low-rate. Dex's 4x feels rather similar to the old Interlude retail.
If I were to venture a guess, a 15x Classic would be comparable to something like a 5-7x Interlude. It may be easier to get to level 30-35, but you're absolutely fucked after that. The leveling curve is super punishing the more you advance.

I'd like for the server owners to share their files if they don't have the balls to open a midrate. Someone else might.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:46 am 
Baron

Icarus wrote:
However I'm wondering whether there was a retail Classic leak, l2classic.ws was way too early and way too complete. The fact that the donation system was so aggressive makes me think the owner bought the files from someone, paid a pretty hefty price and tried to make their investment back. That project was definitely exclusively for profit considering the donations and how hard they were lying about the population.

I doubt that there are any files leaked, but russians since classic appeared were developing files. Just as example if you take RU java c6 server, you would never notice a difference since it is really well polished. How many years it is now? 3+ of classic like L2 being alive. 3 years are more than enough for russians to make files since classic.club admins told that russians for fixed fishing system files wanted 2-5k $$$. The amount of money they can make is huge...

Personally I don't like classic server because it is based on GOD update. What I mean is that debuffs landing within 90% success rate. Which makes any class with CC oppressive to play against.

What I saw from watching numbers of classic stream/videos are that you must play warlord, mage ar archer if you want be good at pvp (massive pvp). Playing any other melee class is even bigger pain in the ass compared to c6. When it comes to olympiad Destro/DA/SK are so fking OP that if you meet any of these classes in Oly you can go AFK.

So I wonder how hard it would be for devs to make classic project on Gracia final/H5 files (basically anything but GOD+)? This would fix debuff issue.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 pm 
Viscount

Icarus wrote:
Dex seems to have some Off derivative as well, but I suspect they're developing their own extender given the timeline of their updates. Maybe it's a downgrade from Gracia Off while also adding the new stuff. Certainly within the realm of possibilities.

Random google search, clients section, dex is there https://l2off.biz/en/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:10 pm 
Duke

aqdevas wrote:
I doubt that there are any files leaked, but russians since classic appeared were developing files. Just as example if you take RU java c6 server, you would never notice a difference since it is really well polished. How many years it is now? 3+ of classic like L2 being alive. 3 years are more than enough for russians to make files since classic.club admins told that russians for fixed fishing system files wanted 2-5k $$$. The amount of money they can make is huge...

I've actually always noticed the difference between Java and Off, even if the Java files were good.
1. Movement is ever so slightly different, especially when you're spamming clicks.
2. I've never seen a Java server where the character orientation is good. I miss backstabs which should have landed, and this is very important.
3. Because of the above, they usually don't even bother making NPCs turn to you when you're speaking to them (and vice versa, your character doesn't turn towards the NPC).
4. On poorly coded Javas you can even interact with NPCs from a distance if the window is already open.
5. No crit sound or hit flash when your dagger skills land. The crit sound can be triggered, I did this myself on an L2j pack I was fucking around with but I didn't find the trigger for the hit flash/pain animation.
6. Retarded NPCs/NPCs doing unexpected stuff. NPCs are not easy to code and this shows in Java projects. This also includes NPCs spawning in hilarious places, but I've seen servers where this isn't an issue. And realistically, this sometimes happens on retail too (fucking Sea of Spores spiders).

There are definitely differences, and this is why I'm complaining about the Java Interludes.
A good example of this is L2 Warland. It's a PvP-craft 20x server which would have been a perfect candidate for being ran on an Off platform. They're running a half-decent Java instead, but still a Java. And it shows.

aqdevas wrote:
Personally I don't like classic server because it is based on GOD update. What I mean is that debuffs landing within 90% success rate. Which makes any class with CC oppressive to play against.

What I saw from watching numbers of classic stream/videos are that you must play warlord, mage ar archer if you want be good at pvp (massive pvp). Playing any other melee class is even bigger pain in the ass compared to c6. When it comes to olympiad Destro/DA/SK are so fking OP that if you meet any of these classes in Oly you can go AFK.

So I wonder how hard it would be for devs to make classic project on Gracia final/H5 files (basically anything but GOD+)? This would fix debuff issue.[/quote]
I guess this is partially opinion based, but the way debuffs work now makes it less of a gamble thus improving overall balance. They land very often but they last a lot less. SK's paralysis for example lasts 5 seconds IIRC?

CC classes were nerfed in other ways anyway, mages for example deal less damage then before and they have a big damage variance, just like fighters. They no longer have Gloom and Surrender to element. The damage variance nerfs their farm too as they can no longer reliably kill mobs in exactly X hits. They're forced to go for lower level mobs if they want to farm reliably.

About oly, that's the same way it was pre-throne so I dont see it as being that bad. L2's classes work in a 'class x counters class y' type of way and because of this oly is like before. It would take a massive rework of the classes (ala GoD) to truly bring balance. Granted H5 was also quite balanced without going into Pokemon territory.

Server owners can tweak the land rates and durations, but that would throw off the balance in an unknown number of ways. They don't want to do this because balancing the whole game is a massive headache.

DocHouse wrote:
Icarus wrote:

Random google search, clients section, dex is there https://l2off.biz/en/

I don't see them selling Classic files, Dex might be there because they had a H5 server in the past.
But good find nonetheless.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:53 pm 
Viscount

It's right there at the top, it says:
"Classic (v 1.0), Classic (v 1.5), Classic (v 2.0)"

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:53 pm 
Duke

I must be fucking blind.
My bad.

So it seems like they're customers for those guys. Good find.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:02 am 
Baron

Icarus wrote:
aqdevas wrote:
I've actually always noticed the difference between Java and Off, even if the Java files were good.
1. Movement is ever so slightly different, especially when you're spamming clicks.
2. I've never seen a Java server where the character orientation is good. I miss backstabs which should have landed, and this is very important.
3. Because of the above, they usually don't even bother making NPCs turn to you when you're speaking to them (and vice versa, your character doesn't turn towards the NPC).
4. On poorly coded Javas you can even interact with NPCs from a distance if the window is already open.
5. No crit sound or hit flash when your dagger skills land. The crit sound can be triggered, I did this myself on an L2j pack I was fucking around with but I didn't find the trigger for the hit flash/pain animation.
6. Retarded NPCs/NPCs doing unexpected stuff. NPCs are not easy to code and this shows in Java projects. This also includes NPCs spawning in hilarious places, but I've seen servers where this isn't an issue. And realistically, this sometimes happens on retail too (fucking Sea of Spores spiders).

There are definitely differences, and this is why I'm complaining about the Java Interludes.
A good example of this is L2 Warland. It's a PvP-craft 20x server which would have been a perfect candidate for being ran on an Off platform. They're running a half-decent Java instead, but still a Java. And it shows.

I wasn't talking about mechanical differences. It is easy to say where is java and where is off files. Even shots usage can tell that. Such things are distance npc interaction can be fixed. Many stuff you said can be fixed but most projects don't bother fixing a lot.

My point were that there are many servers which has JAVA files and they are so polished, that they are better than most OFF files. If we talk about c6 specifically, there are no c6 off files and there will be never be. C4+off/java extender files are the only files for c6.

When it comes to off files, did you know that RPG club files are a mix of off/java files? And RPG CLUB is considered (at least was) best L2 private project after Azuregaming network.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:10 am 
Duke

Ok but even if we take it that way (dropping off the more unimportant differences), the orientation is still not good enough to not affect balance.
The problem is that it doesn't only affect dagger skills, bear in mind that when your back is turned your attacker has increased accuracy and crit rate too. That matters in more subtle ways too.

I actually didn't know RPG mixes Off/Java files, but if the foundation is based on Off it doesn't matter which language you use to extend it with.
L2j's foundation isn't correct. That's the problem.

Granted, there were good Java projects too. Raidfight for example was based on the L2DC project which was actually quite decent.
Java can be done right, but is done wrong in the overwhelming majority of cases. Take a look at the top 10 in topzone. They're all Java and none of them have good files. I have a stigma against Java servers because they're done wrong 99% of the time, and that's not even an exaggeration.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:50 pm 
Baron

Icarus wrote:
O
Java can be done right, but is done wrong in the overwhelming majority of cases. Take a look at the top 10 in topzone. They're all Java and none of them have good files. I have a stigma against Java servers because they're done wrong 99% of the time, and that's not even an exaggeration.

myself I am against java servers too, because if project is not big and doesn't have good dev team or big investment, those java features which need heavy tweaks will not fixed and in many cases very bugged. And it is because those small projects need sort living servers to wipe and milk money from those monkeys who can't understand that are being robbed :D

As far as I know (from few people who working with files), RPG CLUB's GF files were OFF files, but H5 files is a mix. It possibly is a cause of changed owners of that project.

It is even obvious from the decision they did in those days. Back in GF you would see very limited donations, CAKE system was best system ever since many people could combine their adena to buy xp bonus (SV example). x5 and x15 project were just insane, best possible competition played back in those days, because of that RU zergs were not capable to dominate server.

And then H5 happened. Premium account + vitality items appeared, greenery cloak (which added some weight limit+inv slots. Nothing game changing sort of) changed to enchantable item which serious bonuses as bonus speed mdef/pdef elemental resistances. Basically became P2W project.

OfflineProfile