Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Searching for a LOW rate server.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:12 pm 
Viscount

what can they expect from x75 rate server? :DD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:37 am 
Duke

Kush wrote:
True l2dex like every mid rate turned into a garbage too and yes i suggested just because of the files to have some fun until l2dawn opens (who knows...maybe in 2099)

Well that's what they get if they make tradeable donation coins. I can hop in, donate 10 eur and get myself S-grade with adena right after it becomes possible to craft it. I don't think I have to mention how stupid that is on a pvp-craft server.
But it gets them easy money so they'll do it from time to time. Even if the server dies within 2 months.

Admins don't want another L2-Paradise where people actually enjoyed the game and stuck with it for a long while, that doesn't bring money.
Not saying there weren't donations back in the Paradise age, but NCSoft used to actually do something about servers which employed them. Paradise actually closed out of fear after Shmee (L2Extreme) got jailed due to giving away items for donations if I remember correctly. Something which happens today without a hint of regret of fear.
/rant

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:56 pm 
Duke

Icarus wrote:
Kush wrote:
True l2dex like every mid rate turned into a garbage too and yes i suggested just because of the files to have some fun until l2dawn opens (who knows...maybe in 2099)

Well that's what they get if they make tradeable donation coins. I can hop in, donate 10 eur and get myself S-grade with adena right after it becomes possible to craft it. I don't think I have to mention how stupid that is on a pvp-craft server.

I don't think you can avoid this kind of situation these days. Whenever the server gets even remotely popular, the real market resellers instantly invade it. Once they do, there isn't a whole too much you can do about people just buying stuff from them, instead of the donate shop.

Not sure how the RMT became so huge. Maybe it's because L2 community matured and is more likely to spend money on the game and thus also gets used to getting some money back after they quit... I remember back around 2008, 2009 whenever someone quit, they went to Giran and started throwing their equip on the ground, but this kind of stuff just doesn't happen anymore. Why throw your stuff away when you can get $50 on a reseller's site? Easy pick really.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147