Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 162  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Searching a LOW rate server.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:49 pm 
Viscount

Just 2 things:
1)determined the files are best quality because those are ncsoft files. If u think who ever codes the files for asterios can do a better job then ncsoft then there is no reason for us to talk anymore
2)you think server hardware, bandwidth and electricity are free? There are compromises to be done everywhere and the ones that i have to do to play on rpg club are extremely little for the quality of the files i will play in and against some of the best clans that played and still play l2

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, i am just stating some facts and personal opinions. You're not obligated to like them, and i'm not even expecting you to do so. I'm sure i will have fun on rpg the same way as you will have your fun on asterios. So, no more talking, i wish u lots of fun there

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:23 pm 
Elder

Ruining the game is part of the game I see. Well, since you are not convincing me I will leave it to "the rest".

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm 
Viscount

Logic, it's something God trusted you with. You think 60kk adena for 200$ ruins the game? Do you think that everyone that will play on rpg is bills (gates) son? Even if 10 people donate for that, it would make 600kk which in a month it would be just a tear drop in an ocean. I agree, it looks ugly. But if ur able to look past that and use some logic u will come to the conclusion that is very far from first impression. On top of that, u can weigh in the good things like ncsoft files and some of the best clans around and u start to see quite a nice mix of things.
But hey, it's just my stupid uneducated opinion. Now come and sh1t all over it with ur awsome perfect rational thinking.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm 
Elder

Hmmm.........
I feel the need to tell a story.................

The FIRST server I ever played on was a 2x server, just getting new to the game and knowing less than nothing I enjoyed the hell out of it, the problem unfortunately was the server was dying.
I did not know when I started, but quickly learned, that they implemented a donation scheme in an attempt to make money, well fine I guess, as stated in other posts people need pay for tech and power and upgrades etc....
Anyways, as was stated in another post, donating for adena might not necessarily destroy the balance, however on this server it did because one of the female characters didn't have the "money" to donate.
She did discover that her body on the other hand was a powerful tool and started sleeping with at least 2 of the GM's, this as you may guess killed the server in under 2 weeks because she was given carte-blanche to do what she wanted and decided that pking people in town was a hoot because they couldn't attack back, and with her ability to follow people if they teleported she would chase em down till she killed em 10 times and then she would find a new person to do it to.

Now the point to this story is that a server MAY not seem like it could become unbalanced however people are both weak and stupid, especially if you are some lonely guy with no social skills or life whatsoever and some big boobied babe decides she wants to get ahead.
Now I am not saying this could be the downfall of RPG however if something happened once and was learned about then it probably happened 50 times without being learned about and history will always repeat.

So although you may be right in saying 600 mill adena, hell says say 600 billion adena, may not upset the balance and whatnots you are probably 100% right, however the donations for armour and weapons sets that are all mysteriously +24 etc will most assuredly upset the balance.
So be on the lookout, you like rpg and therefore could be the best one to monitor game changes.

Last edited by ArchDemiDragon on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 pm 
Elder

ArchDemiDragon wrote:
Hmmm.........
I feel the need to tell a story.................

The FIRST server I ever played on was a 2x server, just gettign new to the game and knowing less than nothing I enjoyed the hell out of it, the problem unfortunately was the server was dying.
I did not know when I started, but quickly learned, that they implemented a donation scheme in an attempt to make money, well fine I guess, as stated in other posts people need pay for tech and power and upgrades etc....
Anyways, as was stated in another post, donating for adena might not necessarily destroy the balance, however on this server it did because one of the female characters didn't have the "money" to donate.
She did discover that her body on the other hand was a powerful tool and started sleeping with at least 2 of the GM's, this as you may guess killed the server in under 2 weeks because she was given carte-blanche to do what she wanted and decided that pking people in town was a hoot because they couldn't attack back, and with her ability to follow people if they teleported she would chase em down till she killed em 10 times and then she would find a new person to do it to.

Now the point to this story is that a server MAY not seem like it could become unbalanced however people are both weak and stupid, especially if you are some lonely guy with no social skills or life whatsoever and some big boobied babe decides she wants to get ahead.
Now I am not saying this could be the downfall of RPG however if something happened once and was learned about then it probably happened 50 times without being learned about and history will always repeat.

So although you may be right in saying 600 mill adena, hell says say 600 billion adena, may not upset the balance and whatnots you are probably 100% right, however the donations for armour and weapons sets that are all mysteriously +24 etc will most assuredly upset the balance.
So be on the lookout, you like rpg and therefore could be the best one to monitor game changes.

Soo much wisdom, soo much focking drama.

I never spam.
By sextoy :) .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:10 pm 
Baron

is corrupted failed server - i was there - server was wiped on 2 week lol /was rate x 20 /
this server got 2 wipes wfm and soon cloused
GM keeping all time 1 romaninian weak clan /cl was kid and noob in game/
he changed siege time to make impossible yuor sige - GM wrote on forum - siege xx day xx h and later making siege in midnight lol
full crap - i'm wondered to see this server still in hopzone
celest-wars is old 2-3 wiped server with bad corrupted gm

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 am 
Vassal

My friends from retail are actually quitting Bartz to move to RPGclub's new 5x opening in a couple of days (they've been waiting awhile for a private with retail gracia files). More people really should take interest. I tested it with them on the 1000x and everything works flawlessly; we tried out all of HB and most important areas.

There do seem to be donation coins you can buy and sell for adena in-game, but to be honest I'm told they're super expensive compared to other servers so it shouldn't be a huge deal. Obviously it's a downside since it will definitely affect clan halls and whatever, but there's simply no replacement for having the actual retail files. I'm not playing on a modified C4 joke server ever again -- none of that shit works how retail works.. not even close.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:27 am 
Viscount

Don't worry, there's enough ppl taking interest : )
Too many and it will be too overcrowded and lags will kill us. Then we'll have to wait for hardware upgrade.
2,5k-3k online is more then enough for the start.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 pm 
Vagabond

After dex has not done any bugfixes to the game for months now and their supposed lagfixes have completely failed, i'm looking for a similar/higher quality server with:

decent ping to europe

gracia+ OR modded skill enchanting for attributes on glads/tyrants/kamael etc who do not have them before.

consistent rates: x-times quest item rate and/or x-times reward for items instead of only adena/xp.
(from what i understand, retail quest item rate was improved at some point anyway?)

age: none-ancient. I think 1-2 years would be fine, give or take some depending on rates.

working instances: yea. I left retail before this, but i _think_ things like DCM only letting in 1 duo every 30 minutes isn't exactly "working".

Population: decent? I dont need 3k players on, but i'd say sieges should have more than 2vs3 party fights. And not just at one castle either.

Donations: No top grade equip, certainly no enchanted equip, and no safe-enchant scrolls. not sure if i even have to mention this in search for LOW rates. Donations for green ponys, square hats and spongebob pants are fine.

Bonus Points for:
- Low/Retail Adena rate but increased mats/items/scroll etc drops/spoils.
- Removed Mithril Arrow/Stem/Metal Hardener and other shit drops in 76+ areas at least. Possibly replaced drops in said areas by (increased) CBP, Steel, Crafted Leather etc.
- Faster raid-respawns including epics.
- Reduced camping times for spawn time variation on epics (8 hours, come on! :roll: its getting old!)
- 3mil for changing to second class. I've pretty much seen all of the quests, and i dont care for another revisit.

I've not heard of such a thing, but i guess i can dream? :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 pm 
Marquis

Heretoleave

There is RaidFight, Gracia Epilogue x4.
Full Anti-Bot with 3 box max.
Server software is L2DC Emulator.
Population is 2000-2500 online.
Server hosted in Germany.
No donations at all.
It is almost 2 years old but a lot of people still join (has an increasing population all the time) new clans join, castles and heros are changing all the time so its not "frozen" or "dead".

More automated events for High Levels will come (team events).
Server evolution and fixing is non-stop.
All 3rd class skill enchants work plus most of new Epilogue skill enchants.
All Epilogue areas work but some (like Primeval) still miss the Epilogue drops.
It has "Good work's reward" retail quest to buy 2nd class with 3 million adena.
Sieges are epic with a lot of participants and active supporters despite of allowed boxing.
Kamaloka, Rim Kamaloka (solo) from Russian Retail, Pailaka, IoP, Hellbound etc work.
All mobs, bosses, droplists updated 100% to Gracia Final (due to rpg-club!) and most Epilogue too.

Still we work on Conquestable Clan Halls and some older features but our biggest priority is bug fixing, same thing you can find on any L2DC-powered server.

http://www.raidfight.eu

Full information:

Gracia Epilogue

Rates:
XP/ SP: x4
Adena/ Drop/ Spoil: x4
Raid Jewels Drop: x2
Manor: x2
Mercenary Guard Price: x4
Fishing: x2

Quests:
Item Reward: x2
Adena Reward: x2
XP/ SP Reward: x2
Drop: x2

Vitality System with Retail Formula.

Retail Success and Safe Enchant.
Max Enchant: +25

Other Modifications:
Weight Limit: x2
Auto Loot (Auto Pickup).
Maximum seal stone contribution per player during festival set to 10.000.000 (Retail: 1.000.000).
Warehouse Sorting: Shows Withdraw Window sorted by item type (Armor/Weapon/Spellbook….).
Full Anti-Bot System.
Full Anti-Hack System.
Box limitation currently to 3 boxes.

Custom Addons:
10 seconds Spawn Protection.
Olympiad Anti-Feeding Protection.
TvT Event, at 3:00 and 18:00, for 40-60LvL Players with Elixir and Adena rewards.
Offline Trade. Set your private store and click “Exit”.
Auto stored Private Creation list.
Trade zones at Giran Town, where you can set private store only on predefined areas.
Trade zones around all NPC, where you can set private store only on certain distance from any NPC.
Trade zones around all private stores, where you can set private store only on certain distance of another private store.
Blacksmith and Merchant of Mammon auto announcement, indicating their spawn points.
Shift-Click in game, provides you a basic drop/spoil list.
Wedding Event.
Delevel NPC.

Automated Events:
TvT Event: At 3:00 and 18:00 UTC, Level 40-60, Rewards: Adena and Elixirs.
Many retail-like events, every 1-2 months.

* True international community

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/RaidFight

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 pm 
Vagabond

2k players yet no forum activity? Not even flaming?

Do i not see all forums if i'm not signed on?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 pm 
Marquis

You see all but support section.
Site+Forums was at RaidFight.com and moved to .Eu last month.
We had 25k members in old forums!

So forums was wiped and we make cleanup of spam/lame/flaming topics every week.
2300 online as we speak...

* True international community

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/RaidFight

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:06 pm 
Duke

i'm looking for an IL serv or gf/ge srv from 7x up to 15x, no more, no less
if got any good suggestions post here or pm
/care about servers with lolppl and lolcustoms

would be best if there's no box if there are a lot of ppl

i would continue on raidfight, but like any other big and old servers, w/o sy to invite you in a big clan or ally, you'll have a lot of trouble imo and plying 4x for that is a lil bit too harsh for a pve-generic guy like me

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:28 pm 
Vagabond

I've recently stopped RF too, and moved to AstralWorld. It's same software, same retail-like feeling, only rates are x10, which makes grinding less intensive. Community is little low, but we're working hard on it by voting and advertising server, and I expect that these efforts will pay back soon.

So, if you have a little patience and wanna join something which will hopefully develop into something as successful as RF, then I encourage you to give it a try. Moreover, if you love challenges, then I encourage you to contact me someway, as me and my friends are preparing a kind of clan you've never seen before (-: More information coming soon!

PS Oh, and here's my short review of server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 pm 
Duke

we made our point on astralworld
i have a dorf and an se 70+ there, kind of started at the first day

i don't want to tell the server of, but there were some nasty things going out there
if it would have files like rf and a wipe, i would join, til that i don't want to end up in sth bad

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 162  Next