Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Active servers as of 25-11-2022? (Not Reborn or Etina)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:31 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
https://mw2.global/forum/topic/197893-masterwork-ii-starter-packages/

==>brutally p2w, theres even an auto-loot agathion so u dont pick up loot if u donate :D gotta love it
russian servers are full p2w

Now the agathion for auto pickup is a sweet idea. I dont see how auto pickup interferes with the game at all. Thats a cool idea. Unless you think otherwise.

Thats to clarify. I consider a server P2W if what you pay for increases your stats or bonuses or in any way gives you an edge. Auto pickup is not one of those.

Idk, but having no autopickup unless you pay is somehow even worse than normal P2W IMO. Especially for ranged chars, if everyone has to pick up drop then you just deal with it, but when you know that you can just pay cash to get autopickup means you are constantly forced to choose between paying money and making your life miserable :mrgreen:

Personally I don't care much about "standard P2W" like armor or ++weps anymore. The problem these days is that as long as there are at least 2 people on the server, one is going to try to sell Adena to to other one. RMT is so prevalent already that the only difference between servers that go full P2W and those who have zero P2W is that the second ones just put all the money into pockets of RMTraders instead of their own.

I understand what you mean. But the choice is always yours. Either A you donate to get the agathion or you do not. Either way does not really have any effect on your character. That was my point.

In certain instances where donations are sparse, I find that to be a good non invasive way to support the server. Not everyone is running one for the love of the game if you catch my drift.

I do have problems with items being for sale like weapons or armor. Those two items can effect a game.

What I mean is, with so much RMT around, does it really matter if the server sells the equip or not? I mean what's the difference between players buying it from a server and from some Ruskie... The only way to prevent it would be if servers actually banned people who buy adena/stuff from 3rd party but realistically no servers do that because no servers want to lose players :? And even if some server had the balls do go this way, what about people who buy chars from other regular players who quit that servers? Like, "oh no officer I did not buy this level 80 MS with +16 Draconic Bow, I actually received it from a friend as a gift"... Try proving it was RMT in these kind of cases...

In my book there is a big difference between earning your weapon the old fashion way or simply dishing out 20 bucks donation to get one. Real life money should not be able to impact game play. If I spend a month farming to get an item and some yahoo donates a few bucks, that hurts.

Either make the server subscription based, so you pay say $5 bucks a month and no donations. And you have an aggressive gm staff that monitor game play and enforce the rules. Or find another way.

And any armour or weapon that can be purchased via donation does effect the server.

What we need are honest players and honest admins. But I might as well wish in one hand and crap in the other.

I always preferred the subscription play by NCSoft. When they went free to play the crap really hit the fan and sunk the game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:28 am 
Vagabond

inkblot wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:
inkblot wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

==>brutally p2w, theres even an auto-loot agathion so u dont pick up loot if u donate :D gotta love it

Now the agathion for auto pickup is a sweet idea. I dont see how auto pickup interferes with the game at all. Thats a cool idea. Unless you think otherwise.

Thats to clarify. I consider a server P2W if what you pay for increases your stats or bonuses or in any way gives you an edge. Auto pickup is not one of those.

i think if you would read through the link i posted all the clarity you need could be found right there

alright i actually logged in to check it cuz was interested what their version of l2 looks like

basically the server is designed to cashgrab with extreme pay 4 convenience starter pack donations which in my opinion due to all the things offered is a p2w in its core

the actual problem is not the autopickup agation which maximizes your farm speed and is great convenience. there was alot of people online indeed so not collecting your drop and letting it stack on the ground while u rend mobs is not a good option

the real problem of the server being p2w is that
1) the donation currency is freely tradable and 90% of the WTS/B/T shouts in the global chat WERE EXCLUSIVELY FOR DEALS WITH DONATION CURRENCY - so the market is fucked, there is limited amount of things you will buy/sell for adena
l2dex had this same shit going on where anything outside of gmshop was traded between players for P2W currency. the moment you let real money buy currency and pour it in the economy gg wp economy, you can turn money directly into any item
"WTS KARMIAN GLOVES 6 COLS", like wtf dudes? c grade for real money?

2) the starter donation pack when looked at in the context of exp/adena rates is SO IMBA you just have such a hard grindy time without it. with vitality you exp way faster than u gain adena so you are literally broke af constantly. the moment your newbie SS run out you are majorly fuqed
so what do u get with the donator pack?
well u get all top d stuff, your top D weapon will have SA(ye demons fang +acumen at lvl 20 if u donate), a bunch of vitality replenishing shit, some buff consumables and extended newbie guide buffs(pretty much an npc buffer to u now), triple pass to the daily dungeons and more

the business model of MW is to cashgrab for comfortable start by causing the problem in the first place
and it works, most people were running around with the donated items and just destroying mobs and other people on the way starting lvl 20

this server should die faster than etina

Chill your tits bro. So you found a server you don't like. Booh f'n who.

So what you are saying is. No one but YOU can speak ill of an unbalanced server but you? I see your nick is really a hint of the grandiose entitlement you feel. I understand now.

When you find crap you dont like its cool. But when others complain its time to stomp on them and reel them in? Good one.

Do you have some personal beef with him because his arguments are detailed and make complete sense in context of low rate server and you sound just like some butt hurt girl, who didn't read the link, didn't login on the server to check but flames someone for having a useful and well grounded opinion on things.

Thanks to godsend pointing out obvious problems in this server I will not waste my time there, although I am looking for good low rate server not infested by russians.

PS: Unlike you, his guides on the forum and game advice until today help me when I need to find some info about game features, mechanics and min-max setups. So thanks GS for being thorough and helpful, saved me few hours of my life 8)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:12 pm 
Duke

inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

Idk, but having no autopickup unless you pay is somehow even worse than normal P2W IMO. Especially for ranged chars, if everyone has to pick up drop then you just deal with it, but when you know that you can just pay cash to get autopickup means you are constantly forced to choose between paying money and making your life miserable :mrgreen:

Personally I don't care much about "standard P2W" like armor or ++weps anymore. The problem these days is that as long as there are at least 2 people on the server, one is going to try to sell Adena to to other one. RMT is so prevalent already that the only difference between servers that go full P2W and those who have zero P2W is that the second ones just put all the money into pockets of RMTraders instead of their own.

I understand what you mean. But the choice is always yours. Either A you donate to get the agathion or you do not. Either way does not really have any effect on your character. That was my point.

In certain instances where donations are sparse, I find that to be a good non invasive way to support the server. Not everyone is running one for the love of the game if you catch my drift.

I do have problems with items being for sale like weapons or armor. Those two items can effect a game.

What I mean is, with so much RMT around, does it really matter if the server sells the equip or not? I mean what's the difference between players buying it from a server and from some Ruskie... The only way to prevent it would be if servers actually banned people who buy adena/stuff from 3rd party but realistically no servers do that because no servers want to lose players :? And even if some server had the balls do go this way, what about people who buy chars from other regular players who quit that servers? Like, "oh no officer I did not buy this level 80 MS with +16 Draconic Bow, I actually received it from a friend as a gift"... Try proving it was RMT in these kind of cases...

In my book there is a big difference between earning your weapon the old fashion way or simply dishing out 20 bucks donation to get one. Real life money should not be able to impact game play. If I spend a month farming to get an item and some yahoo donates a few bucks, that hurts.

Either make the server subscription based, so you pay say $5 bucks a month and no donations. And you have an aggressive gm staff that monitor game play and enforce the rules. Or find another way.

And any armour or weapon that can be purchased via donation does effect the server.

What we need are honest players and honest admins. But I might as well wish in one hand and crap in the other.

I always preferred the subscription play by NCSoft. When they went free to play the crap really hit the fan and sunk the game.

"And you have an aggressive gm staff that monitor game play and enforce the rules." that would be ideal of course, but I have yet to see a server that actually enforces banning people who buy adena from RMT. And if they don't (which is majority of servers anyway), is there really a difference between servers who straight forward sell EQ for cash and so-called "no donation" server who lets the RMT buyers slide? I feel like we're sort of trying to reach some unreachable ideals here :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:03 am 
Vassal

Herlitz wrote:
"And you have an aggressive gm staff that monitor game play and enforce the rules." that would be ideal of course, but I have yet to see a server that actually enforces banning people who buy adena from RMT. And if they don't (which is majority of servers anyway), is there really a difference between servers who straight forward sell EQ for cash and so-called "no donation" server who lets the RMT buyers slide? I feel like we're sort of trying to reach some unreachable ideals here :?

Punish them how? Adena sellers are result of bots. I guess you can watch for those. But epics/s-equip is usually result of CPs trying to cash-out before leaving server. Not much you can do to them. Maybe punish buyers. But that RMT is not a big problem. If they dont sell they pass it to friends. Or straight up drop it in Giran square. Maybe even worse for server than RMT.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:32 am 
Elder

Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
Herlitz wrote:
inkblot wrote:
GoDs3nD wrote:

When you have a subscription server there is no need for donations. So kicking someone because they broke the rules is less of an issue. And by aggressive I meant that you have about 15 to 20 GMs monitoring and watching suspected bots. Then handling the situation if they are caught. Bots are usually very easy to catch. Maybe dont ban them right away. Give them 2 or three chances with the penalties getting harsher.

Like first time caught a week in jail. Second time a month. 3rd time a ban of all characters associated with the bot etc. I am sure something can be done. Or just for $hits and giggles make them red with 1 million karma points. Its hard to make adena when anyone can kill you. Or better yet make a bounty. Publish the name of the bots and hand out a 1 million adena bounty on whoever kills them. But I am sure just like feeding at the Olympiad people would let their friends kill em for the cash. Here is a fun one. Turn all the cheaters into Elpys. Elpyes that cannot trade or use a weapon, or drop things or mail things. This way then can hop around. But cannot interact with anyone.

What we need is honest Admins, honest GMs and honest players. Care to give me odds of all 3 happening?

Now adena for cash sellers are hard to catch but having software that can analyze the logs can find people who transfer large sums of adena on more then one occasion. Like a drug dealer being watched when he does hand to hand transaction at the corner street.

Judging by the server logs I see on my server the logs are very detailed and accurate.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:12 pm 
Elder

Opinions on this? https://l2iplay.com/ :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:34 pm 
Duke

MaliceMizer wrote:
L2 Resurrected - Opens Dec. 2 - You have to buy premium to dual box :lol:
x3 Classic 1.5

Server actually looked really good until I read the box limit you mentioned. What an atrocity lmao.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:40 pm 
Forum Troll

xAnathemAx wrote:

Do you have some personal beef with him because his arguments are detailed and make complete sense in context of low rate server and you sound just like some butt hurt girl, who didn't read the link, didn't login on the server to check but flames someone for having a useful and well grounded opinion on things.

Thanks to godsend pointing out obvious problems in this server I will not waste my time there, although I am looking for good low rate server not infested by russians.

PS: Unlike you, his guides on the forum and game advice until today help me when I need to find some info about game features, mechanics and min-max setups. So thanks GS for being thorough and helpful, saved me few hours of my life 8)

sho shweet, thank u man, glad to hear it

@on topic : follow classic clubs launch, thats gone be the biggest in the near future

OfflineProfile