Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Rising Heroes: L2 Fan Fiction (CGI)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:20 pm 
Vassal

Here I will be uploading content related to this project.
mostly, I will be porting the posts from the base blog to english so that they can be read here.

can some mod please tell me how many posts I need before I can upload images or links?
so that I can use them uploading the back story first, and then the profiles and pictures.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Rising Heroes: L2 Fan Fiction (CGI)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 pm 
Baron

I think you need about 50 posts. :)

No corruption.
Best Lineage 2 experience..

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 am 
Vassal

aww.... that sucks =/
well.... I might as well start posting the background story.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:00 am 
Vassal

I wanted to edit the previous post, but the forum won't let me....
Here's the first chapter
English is not my native language, although I consider myself pretty good at it, but writing in past tense has always been difficult for me.... please excuse any misspellings :P

Chapter 1:
A tough day's night.

The mountains of North Aden were roughly cold that evening. A storm front was building up near Goddard, and the wind was carrying the cold south-west, past the Varka territory. Near those mountains, a small detachment from Aden was posted, about two kilometers south of the now Orc-occupied Border Outpost, from where heavily armed parties of Orc legionnaires came out every day, for the past three months.
At a short distance from the dusty path leading south towards Aden, covered behind a rocky wall, a few soldiers were scouting the area.
-"You sure you're o.k.?" -asked Matt, in a low voice.
-"I am." -said Galen, calm but firmly- "Why do you ask?".
-"You look a li'l ... pale... "- joked Matt, mocking his Elven comrade.
-"Would you two stop that?"
The dry response came from Malik, the young officer sent from Giran a month ago, ahead of a detachment of five hundred soldiers to reinforce the beaten infantry of Aden. He was trying to think straight, devising a quick plan to ambush the incoming Orc party, but the childish chatter of Matt made that thinking almost impossible.
-"I'm trying to get the best way to use these woods to our advantage, don't you see?" -explained Malik- "If you keep talking, the Orcs are going to spot us. They might not be Elves, but their hearing is quite good".
-"Oh, come on Malik, can't you just lighten up?. Not every mission, has to be the same, and you know it. Can't we hope that this time maybe Maphr would be on our side and we wouldn't even have to engage those Orcs at all?" -said Matt, almost trying to convice himself.
-"My good Lieutenant" -replied Galen- "when it comes to luck, Gods have nothing to do with it".
Once again, the cryptic response of the Elven wizard left Matt on a dead end.
A signal from one of the advanced scouts prevented any further chatting.
-"Here they come...." -whispered Malik, then turned to his officers- "Matt, flank right, go past that big pine and cut their retreat. Galen, take the archers West, spread on the woods and wait for them there. I will lead the first assault and break their formation. Matt, encircle them and lead them to Galen. We'll finish them off deep in the forest."
-"Understood" -answered Galen.
-"Got it" -replied Matt.
The clear and precise resolution of Malik's plan inspired confidence on his men.

In a few seconds, the plan was set. The force of Aden, consisting of fifty-five men, deployed three wings: the vanguard, led by Malik, with twenty men, medium infantry with spears and swords; the left flank, with Galen and fifteen archers, mostly hunters from the outskirts of Aden; and the right flank, with Matt and twenty men, five archers and fifteen light swordmen.
The Orcs approached from the North. A big heavy-infantry detachment with a dozen archers. The main column was formed by ten ranks of seven soldiers, armored Orcs, with thick square shields and broad swords. One scout led the way, preventing a frontal assault, but the archers were badly possitioned at the sides of the column, making them open to a surprise strike.
Awaiting Malik's signal, Matt decided to split his wing, and moved his soldiers North, reaching the far end of the Orc formation, leaving his archers spread alongside of the moving column.
The Orc phalanx inspired fear on sight. The Orc soldiers were famous for carrying feathers on their helmets, or necklaces made out of bones of slain beasts from the cold lands of Schuttgart. But the Humans had been hitting them hard for the past month. Their armor was buckled, their feathers bent, and their braveness weakened. If something was worth fearing in that moment, it was the Humans' intelligence and courage.
-"Malik, you better know what you're doing, man..." -said Matt to himself, after checking his men's position.
He didn't even have time to catch his breath. At the other side of the formation, Malik had lauched his attack.
-"EINHASAAAAAAAD!!!"- yelled Malik, startling the Orcs, and filling his men' hearts with valor.
What followed was timed with clockwork precision.

The main Human force jumped out of cover from behind trees and rocks, roaring as if they were the very Valakas itself. The Orcs quickly took a defensive position, forming ranks facing the incoming attack, but exposing their backs to Matt's wing. Malik ordered his men to open up on the Orcs. The soldiers threw their spears with deadly strength, and several Orc archers and soldiers fell down. Matt's archers where everywhere. Despite being only five, their speed and ability to move and shoot in the darkness puzzled the Orcish soldiers. Shoot, move, cover, aim, shoot... "Remember your training" they said. Like hell it had to be remembered. During battle there was little to none time to think. The small platoon switched positions constantly, pinning down the enemy archers one by one, killing their officers, weakening the whole Orc line. From the Orc perspective, it looked like they were being attacked by a full division.
Malik's strike was fierce as well. The light infantry was no match for the thick Orc armor, but with the confusion the archers were creating, the fast-moving soldiers threw the Orcs out of balance in no time. Whenever a Human soldier engaged an Orc hand-to-hand, a Human archer took it down from a distance. Whenever a Human arrow was blocked by an Orc shield, a Human sword hit the Orc's back, feet or arms.
Two minutes in, the Orc position was compromised. They had lost their archers, about twenty soldiers, the Ghentor in charge, and were still unable to identify a weak spot in the Human attack.
-"Regroup! Regro--!" -cried an Orc officer, but he couldn't finish his order.
Matt's entrance was as sudden as it was lethal. Ahead of his men, he charged over the Orc officer, and put him down with a direct hit from his trusty dagger. The rest of the Human infantry arrived on time to close the circle.
Disoriented and with heavy losses, the Orcs fled towards the only possible exit: the deep West woods, from where it seemed the Humans hadn't placed any marksmen or soldiers. In full-scale retreat, spread over an area of a couple dozen meters, the rest of the Orc force entered the woods, chaotically, but still pretty ordered for Galen's wing to attack.
Walking slowly towards the incoming horde, Galen concentrated, calling every bit of his spiritual power to increase his elemental control. Suddenly, everything became quiet for him. The calmness he had shown before quickly vanished. Instead, a powerful wizard emerged, and with a decisive voice he unleashed the magic the Elves are best known for.
-"EE-IAMA-BOO-KAH-REE!!"
The air around Galen turned colder and colder. The Human soldiers could feel their bow strings freezing and their limbs going numb. Quick bursts of wind started to build up among the trees, blowing towards the Orcs, and soon the wind became hurricaned. The ground opened below them and powerful blasts of water emerged from the underground, hitting the Orcs as hard as a siege ram against a castle wall. Several were flown into the air, and dissapeared in the cloudy sky. Countless others where struck by the wind and smashed against the trees. Galen's mind was far from the mortal world and deep into the elements realm.
-"Make it count, lads! Remember your training!" -yelled one of the human archers.
The experienced hunters opened up on the remaining Orcs. Those who weren't hit by the deadly arrows were caught by the pursuing infantry, which was not far away, and still chasing them.
The few Orcs who survived, overwhelmed by the elemental might, quickly surrendered.
Sitting on a nearby rock, Galen was slowly recovering. Such a demonstration of Elven power drained his force considerably.

The aftermath was devastating. Total losses for the Orcs: Eighty soldiers killed, three of them Officers; seventeen prisoners, five of them wounded. And all the equipment and weapons, destined to be melt down and recycled for the war effort.
The Humans were hit hard as well: Ten soldiers layed dead on the dirty road; another eight dead during the desperate Orc reaction to Matt's attack; and twenty wounded, of which twelve wouldn't live past that bloody night.
-"Matt!" -called Malik.
-"Captain!" -answered Matt. He was the young Lieutenant again, always ready.
-"Gather you men Lieutenant! We're going back..."
-"Yes, sir!" -replied Matt, and turned to his soldiers- "You heard the Captain! Regroup and prepare to move! We're going home!"
A general cheer filled the now silent woods. Nothing relieved more those tired soldiers that the thought of seeing Aden again. Malik approached Galen in silence, and kneeled at his side. Galen was still catching his breath.
-"Are you sure you're alright? You do look a little pale...." -joked Malik, warmly.
-"If you must know, I am considering a calm job on the Ivory Tower library..." -replied Galen, gasping slightly.
Malik laughed, and helped his friend up.
-"Ha ha! Just make sure you don't write any books about Aden's law. You might want to switch back to magic again".
If something he could always find in Galen, was his way of dealing with hard situations with a bit of humour, even if he barely smiled at all.

At dawn, the detachment had arrived to Aden safely. Two scouts were dispatched in advance, and the city was ready to recieve the dead and wounded.
Despite having beaten the Orcs once again, no Human officer would have considered that a victory. This war was turning deadlier by the day.
-"Matt...." -called Malik.
Matt understood the tone and approached his Captain. Not as a soldier now, but as a friend.
-"Order double rations, just for today, and cancel the battle drill on the reserve. Take the siege detachment South, to the lake, so they won't be heard from the garrison. Give these men a break,... they earned it"
Matt agreed.
-"Looks to me like you also need a break..." -he replied. When it came to detecting weak spots, Matt was a master at it.
-"I'm an Officer, Matt... I don't have that luxury..."
Malik started to walk towards his tent, when a royal messenger approached him.
-"Captain Malik?"
-"At your service" -answered Malik, not without discomfort, fearing another incoming mission.
-"Message from Giran, Captain". -The messenger saluted and left.
Malik opened the message and read its content. If there was something Malik hated, was a message containing the words "...you are hereby requested and required...."

....To Be Continued....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:18 pm 
Forum Troll

tldr but gz for ur effort

about links
post something sort of
www . urwebsite . com

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:33 pm 
Vassal

GoDs3nD wrote:
about links
post something sort of
www . urwebsite . com

won't do....
I wrote "aww" up there, with 3 Ws
and the forum was rejecting the post, saying "you're not alowed to post links"

and I was like "WTF?", until I realized it was considering the ww as a web adress.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:43 pm 
Forum Troll

then just website . com
others do dat>.<
gotta make a new testacc to check out the restrictions
sorry for the incovenience

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 pm 
Duke

Or just pm me or gs the links and we can add them.

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm 
Forum Troll

Icarus wrote:
Or just pm me or gs the links and we can add them.

yup
like described here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42096

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:06 am 
Vassal

ok, I'll just go with the PM'ing when I post....
it's just I dont want to bother a mod for a simple picture.

here's the main "cast"....

from left to right: Zeiron, Kimy, Kraya, Galen, Mutu, Gorqon, Ventor, Malik, Arzag, Kiska, Varil, Herkin, Shermein, Akhara and Matt.

and down here, the profiles so far:

Name: Malik

Mastery: Treasure Hunter - Paladin

Personal Record: Former Royal Guard of Giran city. Promoted to Captain during the Northern Campaign, against the Orcish advance over Rune. Reassigned to the reserve during Operation Hawkeye, where he oversaw the recruiting and training of light troops. Protected the exodus of the people of Gludio and Dion during the Dark Elven invasion, and defended Dion against the combined attack of Orcish and Dark Elven forces, led by Kairon
Led the assault over the Dark Elven capital, marking the end of the Dark Elven campaign over Aden. Along with the fleet led by Zeiron of Kamael, and the brand-new Fleet of Aden, laid siege to the harbor of Rune and assisted in retaking the city, defeating the Orcish resistance and completing the Northern Campaign.

Biography
: Native of Giran, he always displayed a high sense of duty and honor, which served him well during his stay on Giran's academy. During his youth, before joining the Royal Guard, he assisted his family on hunting in the outskirts of the city. His ability to capture wild animals hand-to-hand later allowed him to face several incursions of beasts in the neighboring towns, armed with a small dagger, minimal protection, and great insight.
As a child, he used to travel with his parents between Giran and Dion, trading with local merchants. It was in one of these trips when he crossed paths with Kain, the daughter of Floran's Mayor, with whom he would begin a friendship which would prevail over distances and conflicts.
Among his many colleagues, friends and relatives, one can account his comrades of arms during the Campaign: Matt, Herkin or Ventor; unlikely companions who lightened his life, as were Kiska, Galen, Gorqon or Arzag; and those who trust his action capabilities and assign him the most difficult tasks, such as Lord Astor, King of Giran, or Sir Marcus, Mayor of Floran, who after finding out about Malik's relation with his daughter, .... sent him to the Royal Guard service!

Name: Matthew

Mastery: Treasure Hunter

Personal Record: Young Lieutenant of Aden's High Guard. Assigned to the third Ranger company, which served on Legion I as an exploration unit. Assisted the defense of Border Outpost West, south of Goddard, where he met Galen and Malik. Joined forces with Malik on different strategies, resulting on a balance of power against the (to that moment) unstoppable Orcs. By the start of Operation Hawkeye, he followed Malik back to Giran, serving as a tactical advisor. During the following months, he trained the young recruits on mobility and survival. Joined the Royal Guard of Giran during the Orcish advance through Dark Elven territory. Fought on the sieges of Dion and Gludio. During the design and comission of the Valiant and the Fleet, he served again as instructor, this time of would-be marines, in armed and unarmed combat. Served as second officer of the Valiant in a few ocassions, although his primary function was to defend the ship in a boarding situation
After the recovery of Rune, he organized the new city defense, preventing any further Orcish incursions and attempts of counter-attack.

Biography: Matt grew up in the luxurious and elegant city of Aden, surrounded by the Noblesse, Clerics and professionals. His days were split between school duties and forestal excursions, where he often hunted some birds or rodents, which he showed to his friends as trophies.
Son of the city's locksmith, Matt inherited his father's ability when it came to precise manual labor: he could use a knife to either sculpt a twig, or pick the lock of any chest.
Even if his father did hope for him to follow the family business, there was little to none need for a new locksmith on the city, so after completing the elementary school, Matt entered the Academy, from where he would graduate as Ensign. From there on, he would be posted as an auxiliar soldier. Thanks to his exemplary service, he won his superior officers's trust and earned the command of his unit, with the rank of Lieutenant.
Of joyous and relaxed personality, with some touches of arrogance, Matt was always popular among comrades and friends, specially for his conquests of high-society ladies. His one-night affairs would be gone when he met Akhara..... the sole woman able to resist his approach, keep his charm cold, and force him to honestly win her heart.

Name: Velethir Galen

Mastery: Spellsinger – Temple Knight.

Personal Record: Joint Liaison of Ivory Tower in Aden, during the first half of the Northern Campaign. Sent to the frontier posts to oversee Human operations and provide a contact with the Elven government. During the Human withdrawal from the front, he accompanied Malik back to Giran, where he assisted the local government in military and political matters. Two months after the start of Operation Hawkeye, returned to Elven Village to deliver his report and recieve new orders. During the following four months, he would be assigned to special investigations on Human and Dark Elven territory, reporting both sides status during the conflict. Captured on Dark territory by an Orcish detachment, and imprisoned in Dark Elven Village. Rescued by Malik, Kiska and Arzag, in one of the boldest operations of the war.
While recovering from his capture, he assisted Malik and Mirien on the evacuation of Gludin and Gludio, and later siege of Dion. His last action would give the Humans the decisive victory at Dion, cutting Legion 47's retreat, preventing the siege, and giving his life to protect Malik from Kairon's attack.

Biography: Galen might be the best example of an Elf: centered, objective, slightly insensitive (or rather, "cold") and always focusing on something specific. Nevertheless, he often displayed the ability to supress these particular emotions (or lack thereof) to release the true power of the Elven mastery: the elemental control, the ability to summon magical spirits, and the supreme mental strenght. Ironically, if it wasn't for his stay in Aden, he would have been known as "the 'darkest' of the Elves". He never spoke an excessive word, nor he employed excessive force, and even so, by the time he reached Giran, he had as many Orcs on his account as the best of the Human snipers.
It was because of this behavior that he was chosen to infiltrate the Dark territory: his efficiency and objectivity at the time of making a decision.
The problem with such a discipline was that he often had to insist on his orders, as they sounded ridiculous or impossible to Malik and his men. For that reason, during the battle of Dion, Galen took the matter on his own hands, instead of alerting Malik, crossing himself on the way of one Dark Elven arrow, fired from outside the field
His sacrifice was taken by his comrades as a demonstration that in a critical moment, decisions or opinions don't matter. Only results. And the result of his decision, as unthinkable as it was, became the decisive victory of Aden over the Orcs.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:32 pm 
Marquis

awesome maaan :D make a movie and ill be happy :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:01 pm 
Forum Troll

the female fighter next to the orcish male fighter looks like a horse

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:55 pm 
Duke

=))))))))))))))
+1

fosho!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:52 am 
Vassal

Icarus, you took out the [URL] tags..... I wanted them to be clickable, so they will open the full-res version.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 am 
Baron

GoDs3nD wrote:
the female fighter next to the orcish male fighter looks like a horse

Not..

No corruption.
Best Lineage 2 experience..

OfflineProfile