Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: ES Questions.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:25 am 
Vagabond

Hey all,

Last time I played was in C4/Interlude and now I've been playing in a High Five x2 server. The server has a low population and the hunting spots are not contested. I'm level 68. There are some questions I want to ask:

(1) I went with +4 CON, +4 DEX, +4 WIT, -8 STR, -4 MEN for my dyes. Are they good?

(2) I am considering buff boxes. The server gives you newbie buffs till level 74 and allows for the use of 1 PC per player and 3 boxes per PC. Which two should my choice be to support my main? Songs & Dances have a base duration of 4 min, if that matters. I will subclass to Bishop for sure.

(3) Where should I go to farm from 68 and onwards? I did Ancient Battlegrounds from 60 to 68 and it was great. Are there more places like this one? Merrow has had field days there. Please keep in mind that I cannot have a group due to the low population. I've successfully solo hunted in catacombs before that and that's how I made the required AA to buy the dyes.

(4) I'm on DC robe set and a valhalla acumen sword. Should I change anything, and if not, what are my upgrades down the line?

For now, I'm simply PvE focused. Thanks in advance for your answers!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: ES Questions.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 pm 
Duke

Evershade wrote:
Hey all,

Last time I played was in C4/Interlude and now I've been playing in a High Five x2 server. The server has a low population and the hunting spots are not contested. I'm level 68. There are some questions I want to ask:

(1) I went with +4 CON, +4 DEX, +4 WIT, -8 STR, -4 MEN for my dyes. Are they good?

(2) I am considering buff boxes. The server gives you newbie buffs till level 74 and allows for the use of 1 PC per player and 3 boxes per PC. Which two should my choice be to support my main? Songs & Dances have a base duration of 4 min, if that matters. I will subclass to Bishop for sure.

(3) Where should I go to farm from 68 and onwards? I did Ancient Battlegrounds from 60 to 68 and it was great. Are there more places like this one? Merrow has had field days there. Please keep in mind that I cannot have a group due to the low population. I've successfully solo hunted in catacombs before that and that's how I made the required AA to buy the dyes.

(4) I'm on DC robe set and a valhalla acumen sword. Should I change anything, and if not, what are my upgrades down the line?

For now, I'm simply PvE focused. Thanks in advance for your answers!

(1) sounds good to me. Some people would switch the +4 DEX/-4 STR to +1 WIT/-1MEN as the DEX doesn't really do too much, but personally I always preferred the extra little utility from it :P

(2) to me the main advantage of the summoners was that you did NOT need the boxes :mrgreen: You basically get the most important buffs on your own.On H5 your buffs even automatically transfer to your summon as well, so if you buff yourself with Seraphims's acu, emp, wild magic and clarity, your summon get those as well, so... If you insist on boxing, imo BD would be the best option

(3) Try Pavel Ruins. You should be able to do some basic trains on your own with Merrow. It's quite challenging as you really need to focus and it takes quite some time to master the movements to not die, but it's quite rewarding if done correctly. If you find making trains too difficult, you can also simply try Boxer+your nukes (infinite mana) or Seraphim + your nukes (uberimba nuke spam, but you need to be lucky on the mana herb drops).

(4) It's fine. I would try to get AM + water attribute once you get to 76. If you go to Pavel Ruins, there is also a quest for S grade weapon recipes (random), so you may find the recipe for AM there as well if you're lucky.

(5) [redacted]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am 
Vagabond

Thank you for the reply!

Sadly, it is not the case that servitors get the master's buffs when he summons them. They do though keep what you've given them if you unsummon and then resummon them, even after a relog, without losing any time on them. In Essence, what you describe happens, but I don't know when that buff policy was introduced, meaning which chronicle.

Yes, my main concern was that I would have the best for myself and be self-sustaining and able to solo farm. Thankfully, the server I'm playing on has 4 min base duration for dances and songs so micromanaging the BD will be no issue when I get around in creating and leveling him up.

Thank you for the suggestion! I've never been to Pavel Ruins! Will check them out. Need level 70 before going to Saints'. Merrow is having a hard time. Is it actually at all viable to go with nukes? Aqua Swirl is extremely weak.

On the attribute: do I go for Water or Holy? The best site I found did not list Magnus at all and for Merrow's active skill only said that its attribute is water, but mentioned no attribute damage increase for the skill. Is there further knowledge to share on the subject?

Thank you again!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:04 pm 
Duke

Hmm my bad about the buffs being transferred from master. I remember it from Asterios, which is H5 but quite modified so some things are different on vanilla H5 servers. Herbs drop in Pavel Ruins however so you should still get the m.atk/cast. speed buff most of the time anyway. Well if you do not mind boxing and the D/S are prolonged then BD is really the full package, boosting significantly both you and the summon. Which brings me to the next point - if you go to Pavel Ruins then (again, unless something is different on vanilla H5), some mobs have high p.def while other have high m.def, so aqua swirl helps quite a bit even if the power is quite low (especially if matched with Gift of Seraphim, which makes you spam it imba fast).

Personally I've never seen anyone going for Holy attri on ES. I know for positive that part of the attribute you have transfers to the summon as well, but whether it applies to the summons skills or just their basic attack I'm not sure. Regardless, you still get part of the attribute which substantially increases the power of the Aqua Swirl, which is your main nuking skills (for when necessary). I believe the Solar Spark is holy which makes overhitting a bit easier, but that's hardly enough to make up for all the general extra damage you get from the Aqua Swirl.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:50 am 
Vagabond

Sadly, there's no way to transpher Seraphim's buff to Merrow. Buffs are not copied to the servitor when it is summoned. Instead, whatever buff is applied to the master while it is summoned, it applies to the servitor as well, and if unsummoned, it keeps its timers and buff state, regardless of what the master's buff state is.

Am I really, ever going to use Aqua Swirl or Solar Flare? For what purpose? Isn't it a waste of MP since I need the MP to heal Merrow and later Magnus?

And yeah, I went to Pavel, it's great. Could you please provide a list of where to farm for 70 and onwards up until 84 even? I've never grinded for more than 77 and that was in Interlude with an SpS in the hot springs area before the server got wiped.

Thank you!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:41 pm 
Duke

Ah yeah I mean the Gift of Seraphim for you. The general idea is that you combine pony's attack with your nuking (Aqua Swirl for regular damage and Solar Spark for that extra XP from overhits - this however takes a LOT of effort to time correctly since the damage is quite low, casting slow and damage from your summon high). Both Seraphim and you do a little damage, but together it adds up nicely :P If you farm in a place where herbs drop (they should in Pavel Ruins too) you often drop MP herbs (with occasional recovery herbs), and if you run out of MP you can simply switch to Boxer and enjoy your infinite mana. On Asterios where I remember things working from, the summon also got the effect of the herbs you pick up, so healing was never really much of an issue (since they got recovery herbs on them as well). Might work on vanilla H5 differently though, but the general idea should still work, ie - summon Seraphim - get Gift of Seraphim - pew pew until out of mana - summon Boxer and basic farm+recharge yourself until full mana - switch to Seraphim again, and repeat.

After the Pavel Ruins, you should try Primeval Isle where you can also AoE and can make some decent adena from quests as well. Seed of Annihilation is a great spot afterwards from what I heard, but I don't have much experience with that one, so you will have to explore it on your own :?

OfflineProfile