Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: nukers and summoners best farm in classic - noob questions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:07 pm 
Vagabond

Hi all, great site, learnt a lot about L2 from it!

I would like to try a caster class (never played one) and have few question about them.

For a low rate new server (1x, classic like skills) which 3 box setup would be the best for money?

I was thinking SPH + SE + spoil?

But maybe a summoner would be better? Also SPS has Body to Mind on this server, so not really sure about SPH anymore.

Any tips would be appreciated, thank you, just keep in mind this is suppose to be money making setup. (dont care for fastest leveling or pvp at this point).

cheers

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: nukers and summoners best farm in classic - noob questio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:30 pm 
Vagabond

vast majority of people only know retail features
if you say "my character has body to mind in this x server", then it will be difficult to give you a hand man

but let's say it's a regular classic server
the servitor will 'tank' the mobs for you, so it will be easier for a beginner, you only need beast shots, no gear

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:51 am 
Vagabond

Most new players, including myself, are only aware of the nat 4 and nat 5, and SOME nat 3 that are good nukers, or farmers etc, however, there are very few of the nat 3. So basically this is to request of those older players, there early mon that are decent-great nukers, for PVE, as I feel I'm truly stuck, since my only farmer is Lapis, and when trying to farm Wind SD it's pretty hard.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:40 am 
Vagabond

Spellhowler would still be better, Body to Mind helps but it doesn't defy them.
They still have higher M.atk which makes it easier to farm with, and Curse: Death Link is not only for raid bosses, it is incredibly fun to farm with it and it seems to generate less threat than Hurricane so its not that dangerous.

SPH + Spoiler + SE sounds great, this is similar to my setup. The spoiler can tank easily, spoil for some reason generates a lot of threat, SPH kills quick, SE is perfect support as they both will need mana and you have vampiric/empower.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:50 am 
Vagabond

Edmund58 wrote:
Most new players, including myself, are only aware of the nat 4 and nat 5, and SOME nat 3 that are good nukers, or farmers etc, however, there are very few of the nat 3. So basically this is to request of those older players, there early mon that are decent-great nukers, for PVE, as I feel I'm truly stuck, since my only farmer is Lapis, and when trying to farm Wind SD it's pretty hard.

Yeah, I agreed with you.

OfflineProfile