Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Interlude Prophet Gear
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:12 pm 
Vagabond

Hello everyone!

I've been playing as a main PP on l2 reborn (interlude) and have started making plans for gear development. Sadly I haven't met anyone who used to main a PP back in the day, in order to have a discussion with, and the sight of PP in mass PvPs (as this is my main target - of course I know Mana robes are the only way to PvE gearing) is so scarce, that once again not a lot of people have much feedback for it. Currently (50lv) I'm saving up for a BW L and a Conversion Homu, as I think this specific Light armor is a great deal for PP, especially in PvP scenarios.

And with this, I come to my main question: "Which A-grade armor is to be proffered, considering the need of my PP to participate in spontaneous clan war encounters with the CP?".

I know the MJ robe set is sweet with its great MP boost - however it lacks a bit of protection. On the other hand, the MJ L set offer a better protection, with the price of mana and casting speed. There's also the option of heavy armor, but this doesn't feel to work due to extremely low casting speed.

More specifically:

70Lv PP / Full Buffs / Con+4, Wit+4 Dyes / Weapon Acumen

Majestic Light set:
CP 1574
HP 5875
MP 3117
Pdef 985
Mdef 1044
Cast spd 895
(For what it's worth, the MJ L set, along with the DC Robe one, offer a bit higher Matk, which could potentially help in debuffs landing - as this is a main purpose for me in mass PvP)

Majestic Robe set:
CP 1618
HP 6030
MP 3853
Pdef 833
Mdef 1051
Cast spd 1078

With this in mind, how important is the ~150 pdef difference, compared to ~740MP and ~180 cast spd loss?

Last, there are also the DC and Tallum robe sets for a bit of extra casting (mdef too for tallum, speed for DC too) in exchange for MP pool:

DC Robe Set:
CP 1618
HP 6030
MP 3487
Pdef 848
Mdef 1024
Cast spd 1184

Tallum Robe Set:
CP 1618
HP 6030
MP 3541
Pdef 791
Mdef 1120
Cast spd 1184

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and experiences!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Interlude Prophet Gear
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:36 pm 
Vassal

Playing on L2Reborn doesnt make pvp special. Even on box fiesta servers people dont gerally box during pvp.

You have 10 years of meta proved time and time again against naive belief that all classes are worthwhile playing if you know how to play/equip them.

To your question. Prophet is good for casting elemental protection (need devotion set + acu wrapon) and relogging to character worthy of pvp party slot.

You have 0 offensive spells. Worthless heal. No gate chant or method to buff up in reasonable time. In pvp you are delegated to bitch-work, like rezzing bish, rebuffing cancel targets. All of this can be done outside party. Improved mana drain cast speed is in no way worth the pvp party slot.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:01 am 
Vagabond

crossto wrote:
Playing on L2Reborn doesnt make pvp special. Even on box fiesta servers people dont gerally box during pvp.

You have 10 years of meta proved time and time again against naive belief that all classes are worthwhile playing if you know how to play/equip them.

To your question. Prophet is good for casting elemental protection (need devotion set + acu wrapon) and relogging to character worthy of pvp party slot.

You have 0 offensive spells. Worthless heal. No gate chant or method to buff up in reasonable time. In pvp you are delegated to bitch-work, like rezzing bish, rebuffing cancel targets. All of this can be done outside party. Improved mana drain cast speed is in no way worth the pvp party slot.

Sorry but, what's the point of this post? :shock:
First of, I mentioned Reborn just so people know I'm talking regarding an interlude x1 server (or any other valuable clue this info could provide). Also, you prolly haven't seen what a pain in the ** a prophet can be with all those debuffs/overbuffing - even able to change the course of a battle, considering how much the enemies' powers can be reduced by a pp (on a retail-like server at least). On top of that, a tiny bonus with a tiny healing - ofc rez and fast rebuff too.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:36 pm 
Vassal

ovebuffing is also called griefing. a strat usually employed by tard cps that cant keep wars up but still want to annoy others. never changes the outcome of pvp since if you log shitbuffers you pretty much give up on pvp.

pp heal is less than useless. even bp has problem keeping chars alive against assisting archers with balance. not sure what your 250 (two fitty) heal will do. your party wont even register it.

surviability on pvp is not your concern you will be ignored for entire pvp then mana drained and sent to town along with your d/s, cat and wc.

pp is one of the most useful characters in interlude. we always rush it first on all servers to 52. arguably the best oly farmer. top pve buffer in late game. especially for pi destro trains. but on pvp its useless. thats just how interlude is.

OfflineProfile